Sony PSP

Dan

Truth be told, I bought this for the ability to upgrade software via the internet (the USB cable is needed now, although Sony will likely intergrate full-on internet capabilities sooner than later) and the ability to play music (seriously, the Hold button is as cool as it gets.)

I'm tempted to say that it's a good thing this was postponed in other areas of Europe, because that allows Sony more time to optimize the hardware. Not that this bad boy will stink up the place...by no means. It's just that sometimes it's best to be the last to get things...because you ultimately wind up with a better product that those who immediately rush out there and nab it.

All this said...I strongly urge all of you to immediately rush out there and nab it.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought a USB cable and Intec carrying case today. Also, y'know, prebooked the system in full.

I am READY for PSP goodness, bitches!

The Intec case is awesome. The one you get in the value pack is basically a bigger version of a case used for eyeglasses. This Intec case which I have purchased, is made of steel.

That's right, bitches. Just try to steal it. You'll get my PSP from my cold, dead, 18-fingered hands.

Edit: And might I add that Kill Bill Volume 1 is a launch title?

Edited by The

as movie i already have on DVD in better qualety ore as game of wich i am afraid of plaing sinc i asume it would be shit like 99% of the movie licens games ?

Migy clearly ahse to much monney.

There is a tetris like game i would like to try, dunno what it is named though.

Lumines, which I will definately be trying.

Btw, some games that you unbelievers should take a look at (all of these are North American release dates):

1. March 29th: Gran Turismo 4 Mobile

2. April 5th: Fifa 2005

3. April 6th: Metal Gear Acid

4. April 12th: Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition

5. May 15th: Grand Theft Auto (note: we here at Rhino have it listed for April 30th)

On top of this, Japan gets quite possibly the best title of the whole lot on May 26th, when SPACE INVADERS~! is released for their PSPs.

Edited by The

• 2 weeks later...

Now that it is out what does everyone think of it so far. I just got one today at work so I was able to get the value pack and game with a large employe discount on it. I am charging it right now so I was just wondering what everyone thought of it and what games they reccomend. I am looking at picking up Twisted metal game in the coming days.

Lumines, which I will definately be trying.

Btw, some games that you unbelievers should take a look at (all of these are North American release dates):

1. March 29th: Gran Turismo 4 Mobile

2. April 5th: Fifa 2005

3. April 6th: Metal Gear Acid

4. April 12th: Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition

5. May 15th: Grand Theft Auto (note: we here at Rhino have it listed for April 30th)

On top of this, Japan gets quite possibly the best title of the whole lot on May 26th, when SPACE INVADERS~! is released for their PSPs.

So has anyone bought it yet if so are there any bad things about it . I'm going to wait till Christmas to get one

Bought one on launch day, and I honestly can't tell you anything overly bad about the system.

The Battery power thing could be a downer, it takes around 2 1/2 hours to charge for 5-6 hours of whatever.  I got one of the copies with spiderman 2 included and the widescreen was cool

Battery life has been no trouble for me. Even with playing games frequently, listening to music, watching music videos, and going so far as to watch Spiderman 2, the battery lasted a full two days before I had to charge it the second time (you have to charge the battery once you get the system, as it starts out with maybe a third total power out of the box).

what are some the games and videos  out now for it ?

Games:

Ape Escape

Darkstalkers Chronicle

Dynasty Warriors

Gretzky NHL

Lumines

Metal Gear Acid

NBA

Need For Speed Underground

Ridge Racer

Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix

Untold Legends

Wipeout Pure

World Tour Soccer

...probably missed some, but that's off the top of my head. Movies so far include Spiderman 2, House of Flying Daggers, xXx, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, and Hellboy. Kill Bill Volumes 1 and 2 are slated for release later this year.

well it's gonna be around £200 when it comes out and logic dictates a nice price cut in time for Christmas, and that's before all the shops and online retailers start undercutting each other. That and they might sort out some of the issues i've been hearing about such as dead pixels and faulty square buttons. So yeah, best to wait methinks.

well it's gonna be around £200 when it comes out and logic dictates a nice price cut in time for Christmas, and that's before all the shops and online retailers start undercutting each other. That and they might sort out some of the issues i've been hearing about such as dead pixels and faulty square buttons. So yeah, best to wait methinks.

While dead pixels are going to be trouble for anything utilizing LCD screens, the square button issue was fixed prior to the U.S. launch.

I just read myself through the reviews bye amazon customers on amazon.de and cryed tears laughing, seriusly, it is so awsome how the one side always sees the other as pure heelish evil and their own system as groundbacking piss of god.

Edited by Michael Matzat