Sony PSP

Dan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really in between buying one or not. From people here who have one, is the system really worth all the money?

If you're looking for a portable gaming system or an mp3 player, then it is WELL worth your money to nab the system, a USB cable, and the biggest memory stick you can find.

I state in complete honesty that I have yet to find one thing glaringly bad about this system.

I agree also although there have been some people complaining about the dead pixel thing(which I dont have) but as The said just make sure you bring enough cash when buying one get the usb if you want to put music on it and get a bigger memory card right off the bat. I know at the EB near me they had a 256 mb card for around $50. Also to anyone that wants to convert movies to the right type here is a site: www.pspvideo9.com

I'm really in between buying one or not. From people here who have one, is the system really worth all the money?

If you're looking for a portable gaming system or an mp3 player, then it is WELL worth your money to nab the system, a USB cable, and the biggest memory stick you can find.

I state in complete honesty that I have yet to find one thing glaringly bad about this system.

speaking of the mp3 player system, how big is the HDD ? never heard that it head anny, they can´t seriusly sell something that requiers you to buy a smal overpriced flash mem card to store almost no music on, right ? there have to be several gig of space so this issent an overpriced/oversized mp3 stick wen it comes to the mp3 funktion (seriusly, i hate mp3 sticks becaus of their low space, i need my hdd to store several gig so i have everything i might want with me all the time)

Please tell me you weren't being sarcastic, because if so, I will be quite ill.

Yes, memory sticks are required. The system comes with a 32 MB stick -- which is absolutely huge for games, as none take over 600 KB with their saves -- but those who want to utilize more of the mp3/video features will want to invest in a bigger memory stick. As it stands right now, I can throw a few songs on there and still have more than enough room for game saves.

speaking of the mp3 player system, how big is the HDD ? never heard that it head anny, they can´t seriusly sell something that requiers you to buy a smal overpriced flash mem card to store almost no music on, right ? there have to be several gig of space so this issent an overpriced/oversized mp3 stick wen it comes to the mp3 funktion (seriusly, i hate mp3 sticks becaus of their low space, i need my hdd to store several gig so i have everything i might want with me all the time)

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

If you're in the market for an Mp3 player, what on earth are you doing buying a PSP? you bitch about everything Matzat, if its not the colour of the gamecube its some other bollocks, just do us all a favour and shut up.

If you're in the market for an Mp3 player, what on earth are you doing buying a PSP? you bitch about everything Matzat, if its not the colour of the gamecube its some other bollocks, just do us all a favour and shut up.

Edited by Michael Matzat

The top reason I want the PSP is for its abilty to play video. Taking some wrestling matches or events with me on the road would be great. I know you'll read that and tell me just to get a portable DVD player but the actule gaming is also a huge focus for me. On top of that you get the ability to play MP3s and one day browse the internet/check e-mail. Earlier today I was leaning towards NOT buying the system but now I'm starting to go back towards getting it again. Good thing I have another week to make up my mind.

what.the.fuck

Thanks for that tidbit of information....

Anyways, if you get a deadpixle PSP can you return it for a new one?

Sony, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to use the same policy here that they started with in Japan.

In other words, dead pixels do not a defective system make. It all depends on the store you're returning them to. Some will allow returns, some won't. Either way, Sony is currently saying 'no' to anyone who wants to return a PSP to their offices because of a dead pixel.

For anyone that has got one what do you think is the best game out so far?  I got 2 games right now, Twisted Metal and Dynasty Warrior and they are both ok games.  Anyone think any of the other games out right now are worth buying?

Lumines. It is hands down the most addictive game for the PSP right now, and arguably the most addicting puzzler since Tetris.

what are dead pixels ?

Basically, it's when dust, dirt, or various other things get in between the layers of an LCD screen and cause individual parts of the screen to not function properly.

It's a common thing in all LCD-utilizing devices, but Sony has remained steadfastly against the matter since it happens to so few PSPs.