Thought of the Day: GTA

zero

I don't really care where the new games take place .. But theres a few things I really want in the new gta games:

1. To be able to create your own main character .- you choose the way your guy looks at the beginning of the game and assign a few attributes. then throughout the game you can raise or lower the attributes. for example at the start of the game i create a heavyset white male with a jogging suit on and shaved head/ during the game i can work out (Like in GTA:SA) to lose weight.

2. Every action you do while playing changes things around you .. If you kill one cop on accident from that point on the cops will be keeping a strict eye on you

3. I'd like to see the physics engien reworked a tad

4. More weapons and hand to hand fighting techniques also like the punisher being able to use the enviroment around you to kill people

5.This really isn't important but it would be good , redo the graphic and make them sortof like The getaway

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would I like to see in a GTA game?

I think the next place they should go is 1920's Chicago. Run rum for some bootleggers, assassinate some G-Men for Capone (well, a Caponeish character,) run afoul of The Untouchables.

Also, a suggestion for the next topic, the Smackdown series.

2. Every action  you do while playing changes things around you ..  If you kill one cop on accident from that point on the cops will be keeping a strict eye on you

That would seriously suck, from the numver of people you have to kill in most missions. And if they put the graphics up to Getaway style, other gameplay would be lost because of the different, more space consuming stlye. The graphics change wouldn't make it GTA anymore.

i'm with AS, the cop thing would make the game far too irritating or difficult, you'd have to make up disguises and stuff, and then you're getting into espionage, which noone wants from a GTA game.

To be honest, I don't think there are any major gameplay changes they can bring in, other than the dynamic branching story I suggested.

I'd have it set in the 70's. Really wouldn't want it out of the country, especially a foreign language speaking country. No offense, but I can't speak the language and it's all subtitles, and I don't know how marketable a foreign set game would be to the american buyers.

No one requested language change, in most movies the characters will speak english, albeit it in their accent. A little native could be thrown in here and there, but just because a game was set in Russia, doesn't mean it has to be in Russian. Especially a GTA game.

I'd have it set in the 70's. Really wouldn't want it out of the country, especially a foreign language speaking country. No offense, but I can't speak the language and it's all subtitles, and I don't know how marketable a foreign set game would be to the american buyers.

No one requested language change, in most movies the characters will speak english, albeit it in their accent. A little native could be thrown in here and there, but just because a game was set in Russia, doesn't mean it has to be in Russian. Especially a GTA game.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'd also like to see a deeper system on property and your rise to the top. Buy lots, build houses, rent them, sell them, collect rent, stuff of that nature.

YES! That is a perfect way to waste loads of money that you make in the game. By picking furniture and such to remodel your house you can also raise sex appeal.

I like it, kinda like Animal Crossing with hookers and drive-bys. They already got the right idea by putting the arcade games in. But what they need is to nab up the rights to actual old video games or completely rip some stuff off.

I'm not saying completely remodel your house LL, what I mean is, being able to do more with your properties, possibly deeper business management and renting houses, so you could collect rent on whoever is living there, thus gaining money.

<_<

That's fine, but remodelling house = good.

A return to the payphone missions, so you can do shit after you beat the game and missions.....

I have a GTA/CSI theory, though....

Every city that has a GTA based on it, also has a CSI show...

CSI ---San Andreas (with Las Venturas)

CSI Miami----Vice City

CSI New York----Liberty City

Aha!

Okay, maybe it's a dumb theory, but just sayin....

I say recycle the games....

Like Vice City today, where Tommy Verciti rules with an iron fist...

Liberty City in the late 80s, working for Papa Cipriani and using CJ

San Andreas today, when Claude (the GTAIII guy) returns....

Am I the only one who preferred the custom made tracks Rockstar had for GTAIII? I can stick on NWA or Iron Maiden anytime I want, having Flashback FM playing new and unique tracks made it more of an experience lsitening to the radio instead of having the same stuff you normally listen to.

And as I've said to DBD before on the matter, there's such a thing as too much of a good thing. Customisation is great to a certain extent, but I don't really like the idea of remoddeling houses and such. Changing your clothes is integral since it adds a unique feel to your character, and it can help add a little realism to the game, but do I really want GTA : Queer Eye For The Gangster Guy? I think an option for these features would be best, since I wasn't too fond of even the food system in SA.

But then, I seem to be totally opposite from what you guys want. :mellow:

I want cars to be able to fill up their gas tanks.

I want seasons. I'm to 236 days in game, and yet it's still summer? Also snow. Not just snow falling, but staying on the ground and getting a couple of inches/feet of snow.

Bike cops, not like motorcycle cops, but BMX bikes, and police dogs.

Attack dogs, drug/bomb sniffers.

Better flying controls.

Do London....Or a 'version' of it anyways.

Set it in the seventies and BLAM! That's the soundtrack sorted! Undertones, The Who, The Kinks...Nice nice....

Also build out from London with massive motorways / countryside and bring in smaller towns and a few cities around or maybe run it up to Birmingham with towns in between...

I'd buy that for a dollah....

Animals is all around a great idea to go in with Mind Games' idea...Police dogs is cool, get pet dogs, cats running around and then cows and sheep (:shifty:) when out in the countryside...

Snow is a fantastic idea. They've got day/night cycle sorted now and they've got sunny/dull/raining/fog sorted (including people wearing shorts more in sun and tending to chill out lying around more too). So seasonal weather and indeed seasons would be a great idea.

Wider choice of clothes for sure, and I know this is hard cos of processor, but I always hate when you're in a slow car, there's only similar cars around you. It's like the PS2 cuts down on the variety of cars going past.... And then you find a sporty car then all of a sudden all around you are sporty and flash cars....

Also, taxis that will actually give you a lift at any time and even when you finish the game, for more immersion, it's still possible to meet up with characters from the game to run 'missions' that you can create (like carjacking cars, killing gangs etc) in a similar way to the Tony Hawks skatepark creator...

I know that when I finish all the missions it suddenly feels really empty and lonely without interaction with other main characters...They should still be around...