Thought of the Day: GTA

zero

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an idea: GTA: Tuscaloosa.

You can go around shooting rednecks and terrible third-string quarterbacks that start on your local university's football team. Then you can drive to my house and I'll kill you. :shifty:

On an actual note, I like GTA: Russia the best out of the ideas presented.

Snow is a great idea and would provide for very interesting driving conditions. Especially if we did GTA: Cincinnati; the whole city would shut down for an inch of snow! [/personal rant]

Animals will never fly for the same reason they'll never put children in. People are pissed off about GTA enough as it is, we don't need to add fuel to the fire.

The reason for finding a bunch of slow cars all at once is because you're generally in shitty neighborhoods, then you got to the upscale hoods and sporty cars are everywhere. Yeah, generally it's because the PS2 can't handle all that variety... but the next game will probably be on PS3 so we won't have to worry too much about that one.

Like in real life I would like it if the play list on the radio changed. The stations seem to carry around 12 songs, so it would be alright if you started off with 6 and then slowly more were added or something along those lines.

I would also like for certain stations to be available in certain areas. Using GTA SA as an example, whilst in the country you would only get talkback, K-DST, and K-Rose. Local radio would also be good.

Am I the only one who preferred the custom made tracks Rockstar had for GTAIII?  I can stick on NWA or Iron Maiden anytime I want, having Flashback FM playing new and unique tracks made it more of an experience lsitening to the radio instead of having the same stuff you normally listen to.

And as I've said to DBD before on the matter, there's such a thing as too much of a good thing.  Customisation is great to a certain extent, but I don't really like the idea of remoddeling houses and such.  Changing your clothes is integral since it adds a unique feel to your character, and it can help add a little realism to the game, but do I really want GTA : Queer Eye For The Gangster Guy?  I think an option for these features would be best, since I wasn't too fond of even the food system in SA.

But then,  I seem to be totally opposite from what you guys want. :mellow:

Edited by Wiseguy

90% of the ideas people come up with, I hate. The game is complex enough for the purpose it is meant to serve as it is, we don't need fucking gas tanks or cops watching us closely for killing someone.

On paper, gas tanks sound great, and for the first few empty tanks it'd be great fun. However, think about being in a five star car chase with the FBI on you, when you run out of gas, and get killed trying to get into the next car. Or for that matter, say you're exploring the city, and you're out on the countryside of San Andreas when you... run out of gas? Fuck.

It'd cause far more grief than it would add entertainment.

As far as the story goes, I don't like the idea of going back to a previous city. I like how it is now, where even though you may be on the other side of the country, you can still find occasional ties to the previous games.

A futuristic GTA is the dumbest idea i've ever heard, and completely kills almost everything I enjoy about the GTA feel.

I think going back further than the late 70s would be a mistake, because the farther back one goes the harder it is to give the game correlation with it's predecessors.

My personal preference is that they continue with the San Andreas vibe, and rather than focus on one US city or state, make the best of a few of our favorites from a particular region. This keeps each stage of the game fresh and unique, unlike in Vice City where the game didn't change at all from one island to the next, and to a lesser extent, GTA3.

As for a region to put this in? I think a game, not based on a particular country, but something that threw together many European stereotypes into one area outside of the US wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

Edited by That One Guy

What's everyone's opinion of the girlfriend system? It seemed like an interesting novelty early on in my game, but by the time I got to LV, I was thoroughly annoyed with having one more thing to fuss with. When I finally HAD to take a woman out to move along with a mission, I'd had enough of the hassles and just popped her in a steakhouse parking lot.

I guess I'm torn between wanting the dating to be more mission-oriented, like with Millie, or just getting rid of it altogether.

Please discuss.

What's everyone's opinion of the girlfriend system?  It seemed like an interesting novelty early on in my game, but by the time I got to LV, I was thoroughly annoyed with having one more thing to fuss with.  When I finally HAD to take a woman out to move along with a mission, I'd had enough of the hassles and just popped her in a steakhouse parking lot.

I guess I'm torn between wanting the dating to be more mission-oriented, like with Millie, or just getting rid of it altogether. 

Please discuss.

The girlfriend concept was cool, but I hate how they always fucking call me up. "CJ, I ain't no slut..." Yeah, I figued that out within ten minutes of meeting you (LOL).

At least you can kill your girlfriends. I introduced Denise to my chainsaw.

Millie's cool though. I don't have problems with her.

The gas tanks are a bad idea. I like the idea of having the gas tank visible on the car, and one lucky shot can blow it to hell.

I also like the concept of modding the cars, however, I wish their were a few more options availible, like a blower to the car (I wanted to make the Interceptor from Mad Max...).

I wish more guns could go to duel action, but I wish I had the option to decide in a situation if I wanted to use one or two. The sawn-off shotgun, IMO, loses effectiveness with double-action. Twice as long reloading time.

More clothes availble too....Like a purple velvet suit....(Shaft!), and bring back the tool shops. I loved getting various blue collar objects and using them in the ways their medevel designers had in mind.

The next step for the GTA series is to take it online. Having players in an online State and able to form gangs would be awesome. You could pick a gang and then join it, battling with others gangs for territory much like in GTA:SA Los Santos. It would be one huge clusterfuck of gang warfare and really fun too.

Either then that I don't think much could be improved until the Next Gen of video game systems. X-Box 2 and PS3 will give Rockstar more powerfull hardware to cram even more fun into the game.

A few things.

Flying is easy as fuck. if you can't do it, it's because you suck.

A future GTA wouldn't ruin the series. GTA 2 was set in the future.

Animals will never happen. I hope that in time you will come to realise what an idiot you've been.

GTA Classic? You know that the Cities from GTA1 are Vice City, San Andreas and that other one I've forgotten.

Dating sucks.

Dance Dance Revolution Sucks.

Eating is.... ok. Keep it, scrap it, it doesn't matter.

The only thing I want is for Rockstar to realise that the number 69 is not funny ever.

Runway 69, Pier 69, The 69ers, snooooooooooooore

The next step for the GTA series is to take it online. Having players in an online State and able to form gangs would be awesome. You could pick a gang and then join it, battling with others gangs for territory much like in GTA:SA Los Santos. It would be one huge clusterfuck of gang warfare and really fun too.

Everyone's yammering for a GTA Online, it'll be terrible. Here's why... one, 99% of people who play online games are fucking annoying and/or borderline retarded. Two, missions will be impossible to do, so basically it will just be gangwar clusterfucks... we already had that, and it was called State of Emergency. And we all know how that pile of shit turned out.

You can do it in a mission, but I've never actually tried it...has anybody?

As far as evolving the games...go back to being GTA III guy, but now you're in Vice City...trying to take down Vercetti, who has run the town for over 20 years.

Or you're Sweet, trying to hold off the Ballas after your brother leaves town for Liberty City.

Idea I just came up with, spoilers though:

A present day one where you're related to Tenpenny or Pulaski, and you come after Grove Street for killing them off.

Remix of GTA:SA, you're Big Smoke and Ryder, selling out the Grove.