Hewey

RAW Saturday Night

Channel: USA Network

Time Slot: Prime Time

Date: January 4, 1997

Attendance: 10,037

Ticket Sales: $401,480

Announcers: Todd Pettengill and Shane McMahon

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

RAW Saturday Night comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken to the WWF studios where we see Todd Pettengill and Shane McMahon standing behind a big desk. The WWF logo is behind them.

Shane McMahon- Hello fans and welcome to RAW Saturday Night. We got plenty of action tonight and we'll be taking a look at some of the great action we've seen this week in the World Wrestling Federation. I'm Shane McMahon and my partner is Todd Pettengill. Todd, It's a pleasure to be here with you tonight.

Todd Pettengill- Todd Pettengill doesn't look happy, He has a sour look on his face. Right........ Shane let Todd make something very clear to you. The Todd is here on RAW Saturday Night because I want to. I am sick and tired of the other announcers getting to host a show. We got your daddy Vince and jumbo Jim on Monday Night Raw. They blow! The fans don't care about them. Nobody wants to listen Vince talk and nobody wants to hear JR talk about football and his hosses! No one wants to listen to them! And on Friday Night Mayhem, We got Dok Hendrix and Jonathan Coachman boring us to death. Dok Hendrix and his stupid Malibu barbie haircut. And Coachman always crying about something. The Todd is here on RAW Saturday Night. And The Todd is gonna make sure all the WWF fans get the very best entertainment.

Shane McMahon- Okay Todd, That's what we're here for. Bringing the fans the best entertainment on a Saturday night.

Todd Pettengill- Shane, Since The Todd was not done, Know your mouth and shut your role! This is The Todd's show! Everyone is watching The Todd. Not you! I'm gonna do what I do best and that is carry some worthless partner around for two hours. This is RAW Saturday Night, And this is The Todd's show. And The Todd already does not like you. You're a McMahon which makes you an annoying little nit wit.

Shane McMahon- The Todd? What the heck is The Todd suppose to be?

Todd Pettengill- If you knew anything Shane, You'd know that's what all the ladies in the World Wrestling Federation like to call me. And you know that when The Todd has the ladies all over, They're gonna get some action. Todd Pettengill style! And The Todd is the best damn announcer in the world today. And all the women are waiting outside the WWF studios to check out The Todd.

Shane McMahon- Whatever you say Todd. Fans, Tonight we got a six men tag team main event. We'll hear from both Shawn Michaels and Cactus Jack tonight on the debut edition of RAW Saturday Night.

Todd Pettengill- I can't wait to hear from Cactus Jack. Me and Cactus Jack go way back, Did you know The Todd taught Cactus Jack how to fight hardcore style matches? I had to fight everyday to survive in the tough streets of Pittsburgh Shane. Everyday was a fight for Todd Pettengill.

Shane McMahon- Wait a minute, I thought you grew up in Malibu...........

Todd Pettengill- No! That's just a rumor that someone started up. I had to fight everyday Shane. Tough fights. I'd get beat up, But I'd always win the fight. Sometimes, I'd have to pull out the brass knuckles. But that's just a day in the life of The Todd..........

Shane McMahon- I'm sure we'll hear about your tough life in Philadelphia some other time. Fans, Lets take you to the ring to see Rocky Maivia take on Tiger Ali Singh!

Rocky Maivia Vs. "Hindu Hero" Tiger Ali Singh

The matches appear to be taped before or after Friday Night Mayhem. Rocky Maivia gets a good ovation from the crowd. Tiger didn't get an entrance as he was already in the ring. The announcers for this are Shane and Todd. But they aren't shown at the ringside position for the match. Rocky and Tiger started off with some mat wrestling, Won by the rookie sensation Rocky Maivia. Tiger got frustrated and raked Rocky in the eyes to take over. Tiger took over and started pounding Rocky in the corner. Tiger used stomps and chokes to Rocky in the corner. Tiger even used a few right hands to Rocky's face. Tiger and Rocky wound up on the outside where Tiger sent Rocky into the steel steps. Tiger continued his assault in the ring and applied and sleeper to Rocky. Rocky eventually countered out of it and started to make the comeback. Rocky Maivia came off the top turnbuckle with a high cross body and called for the Third Generation Syndrome. Tiger got up to his feet, And Rocky connected with the Third Generation Syndrome to score the one, two, three. Rocky Maivia posed as we went back to the WWF studios.

72, 70, 74 **

Shane McMahon- What a win for the young Rocky Maivia. Rocky Maivia continues to impress many people in the WWF. And he's undefeated. I think he has quite a future ahead of himself don't you Todd?

Todd Pettengill- Rocky's all right. I don't buy his act. He comes out there to that ring always smiling like a fool. The Todd doesn't buy it. Rocky Maivia might have beaten our Hindu Hero, But I don't think he can win the 1997 Royal Rumble match.

Shane McMahon- I think Rocky Maivia could pull off the upset in the Royal Rumble Todd. We got names like Shawn Michaels, Owen Hart, The Undertaker, Scott Steiner, Sycho Sid and Cactus Jack in the Royal Rumble match. And if Rocky Maivia wins, He'll make a big name for himself.

Todd Pettengill- Lets not forget who else is in the Royal Rumble match. He made his return on Friday Night Mayhem and made a clown out of Kamala..............

Shane McMahon- You mean Doink The Clown?

Todd Pettengill- Of course! Doink The Clown returned on Friday Night Mayhem just last night and made an impact! Doink The Clown is my favorite to win the 1997 Royal Rumble. The Todd is already calling it Shane, Doink The Clown is winning the Royal Rumble.

Shane McMahon- Fans, Lets take a look at Doink's return this past Friday night.

Doink The Clown/Kamala video

FROM FRIDAY NIGHT MAYHEM

Kelly is interrupted by the music of Doink The Clown. The crowd cheers as Doink The Clown makes his way down to the ring. Doink gets inside the ring and offers Kelly a handshake. Kelly accepts and gets shocked by the joybuzzer! Doink points and laughs at Kelly! Doink The Clown looks at Kamala who is still shaking. Doink pulls something out of his jacket! It's a balloon! Doink The Clown begins to make a balloon animal for Kamala! He offers it to Kamala. Kamala goes to take it, But Doink pops it with a needle! Kamala jumps up in fear as Doink The Clown laughs at Kamala! Kevin Kelly starts arguing with Doink, But Doink kicks Kelly in between the legs! Kamala then shoves Doink! Doink looks like he's going to back off, But when Kamala turns around, Doink The Clown pulls out a lead pipe from his jacket! Doink attacks Kamala with the lead pipe from behind and hits Kamala over the back with it! Kamala goes down! Doink hits Kamala over and over with the lead pipe. When he's finished, Doink The Clown stands over Kamala and laughs at Kamala and Kevin Kelly who are both down! The crowd boos as Doink The Clown leaves the ring. Jonathan Coachman says Doink is back to his evil ways!

Shane McMahon- Sick actions by Doink The Clown. I guess he's back to his evil ways once again. And what kind of threat will he be in the Royal Rumble match?

Todd Pettengill- Doink The Clown will be the biggest threat of them all in the Royal Rumble. Nobody is going to be able to stop this psychotic clown. Not Shawn Michaels, Not The Undertaker and certainly not Kamala.

Shane McMahon- Fans, We have got to go to our first commercial break. But when RAW Saturday Night returns, The Suicide Blonds take on members of The Money Mine in tag team action!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie and Duke "The Money Maker" Droese Vs. Suicide Blonds

Shane kept talking about how the Suicide Blonds are undefeated since debuting at the Survivor Series. This one was a excellent match up, That actually went over ten minutes. And had the crowd into it most of the time. Droese and Dawn Marie actually minded their business and didn't get involved in the beginning. Simon and Swinger started off slapping both Christian Cage and Adam Copeland right across their faces! Cage and Copeland used their quickness to get the advantage on Diamond and Swinger. Simon and Swinger were able to isolate Cage after catching him with a double flapjack. Simon and Swinger kept using illegal tactics through out the match to try to put away Christian Cage. But the young Canadian wouldn't stay down. Cage ended up taking out both men with a double DDT and made the hot tag to Adam Copeland. Copeland came into the ring and started to clean house. Copeland and Cage came close to winning it after Copeland hit Diamond with the Suicide Drop and Cage came off the top with a Frog Splash for two. Christian Cage and Johnny Swinger ended up on the outside while Copeland followed Diamond inside the ring. Dawn Marie got up on the apron as Copeland connected with a DDT to Diamond. Copeland covered Diamond, But Dawn Marie had the referee distracted. Duke Droese came into the ring with the Million Dollar Championship and smacked Copeland over the back of the head with it! Droese rolled Diamond on top of Copeland before leaving the ring! Dawn Marie got off the apron which allowed the referee to count the three. Afterwards, The Money Mine left and went to the back while Christian Cage checked on Adam Copeland.

80, 71, 89 ***1\2

Shane McMahon- No! The Suicide Blonds' streaked has just ended! Thanks to Duke Droese and Dawn Marie! I can't believe this! The Money Mine has cheated once again! Darn it! This should not have happened!

Todd Pettengill- McMahon, You're just like your daddy. Always complaining. Diamond and Swinger won because they're the best team and they have the back up. They're rich and they're smarter than the rest of the World Wrestling Federation. I'm happy to see my boys Simon and Johnny getting the win. The Todd appreciates seeing the right prevail.

Shane McMahon- Right? But they cheated! They're nothing but greedy rich folks! They don't care about anything but their money Todd!

Todd Pettengill- That's not true Shane, Duke Droese gave The Todd a fifty thousand dollar watch. Take a look at this baby. Todd shows off his watch to Shane. Duke Droese gave that to me. He's not greedy, He gives presents away.

Shane McMahon- He probably pick pocketed that from someone. You can't trust a guy like Duke Droese or The Money Mine.

Todd Pettengill- Shane, You're just jealous because they got all the money. You had to beg your dad to give you a expensive watch like this one. Duke Droese gave me this watch because he's down with The Todd.

Cactus Jack phones in

Shane McMahon- Hang on, We got the call coming in. Cactus Jack is on the phone. Cactus Jack are you there?

Cactus Jack- Yeah, I'm here.

Shane McMahon- All right, Cactus first of all, It's good to be talking to you here on RAW Saturday Night. And Cactus we're wondering what did you mean last Monday night when you said maybe The Undertaker or Shawn Michaels would help you take each other down. What did you mean by that?

Cactus Jack- It's real simple Shane. You got two men in there who I hate more than anyone in the World Wrestling Federation. You got The Undertaker. A man who I hate probably as much as Shawn Michaels. The Undertaker knows all too well about my pain. He knows what happens when you encounter Cactus Jack. The Undertaker felt pain that only a few people got to feel. He found out what happens when you get inside that ring with me. And it wasn't pretty. Remember what I did to Paul Bearer? Remember what happened to Paul? Where is Paul now? Still in some hospital? Paul Bearer is gone because of me. I took it to The Undertaker like nobody else did. And as far as Shawn Michaels goes, I don't like him period. He comes out here and all he does is brag. And talk about how great he is. Has he ever been beaten down like I have? Has he had his body burned? Does he have scars from matches like me? No! Shawn Michaels got everything handed to him. He just walked all over everyone that stood in his way. And let me ask you something, When he was the WWF Champion did he ever defend it against me? Of course not! Nobody wanted to see Cactus Jack as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. But you know something Shane? It's going to happen after I win the Royal Rumble. I will win the Royal Rumble and then the biggest nightmare for the WWF will happen, Cactus Jack as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. I will eliminate everyone that stands in my way. And I will also get rid of Shawn Michaels once and for all. Shawn Michaels will not make it past the Royal Rumble, I promise the whole world that there will be no more Shawn Michaels after the 1997 Royal Rumble.

Cactus Jack hangs up the phone.

Cactus Jack gained overness from this segment.

Shane McMahon- There you have it, Cold comments from Cactus Jack. Fans, When we come back, Mike Lockwood will be in action. Stay tuned! RAW Saturday Night returns after this.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Mike Lockwood

A decent Light Heavyweight match up here. Lockwood and Chavo started off using their quickness doing several near fall and reversal sequences. Lockwood got thrown to the outside by Chavo who then hit a plancha to Lockwood on the outside. They went back into the ring where Chavo almost got the pin fall with a missile drop kick to Lockwood. Lockwood was able to take down Chavo with a DDT to take control of this match. Lockwood kept using short cuts to try to put away Chavo, But the young man kept kicking out. Lockwood at one point rolled Chavo up using the tights to the advantage, But Chavo kicked out. Chavo made the comeback and started taking it to Lockwood. Chavo finished Lockwood off with the Brainbuster to score the win.

73, 62, 85 **3/4

Shane McMahon- What a great win for the young Chavo Guerrero. He continues to be one of the brightest superstars in the World Wrestling Federation. What a win and what a great match.

Todd Pettengill- Personally, I don't think much of Chavo Guerrero. He's decent, But Mike Lockwood is better in The Todd's opinion.

Shane McMahon- With all due respect, Chavo beat Mike Lockwood. He was the better man tonight on RAW Saturday Night.

Todd Pettengill- Mike will get the win back. The Todd is a very big fan of Mr. Lockwood and his past accomplishments. Chavo got lucky tonight.

Shane McMahon- Fans, On Friday night we saw Bob Holly align himself with Chris Kanyon. Tonight Bob Holly will join us here in the WWF Studios and explain why he turned on everyone, Why he turned on all his fans.

Todd Pettengill- The Todd will go on record to saying he was always a big fan of Bob Holly. But now with this new attitude, He's one of my favorite wrestlers in the World Wrestling Federation. Bob Holly is gonna go very far in the WWF with Chris Kanyon. I'm also a big fan of Chris Kanyon. I been friends with Kanyon for years.

Shane McMahon- Really? I didn't know that.

Todd Pettengill- Oh yeah, Kanyon is a very big fan of The Todd. On his first day in the WWF, He asked for a autograph. Everyone loves The Todd.

Shane McMahon- Fans, When we return, We'll hear from Bob Holly as to why he turned on the fans. It's up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Hollywood Holly!

RAW Saturday Night returns with Shane and Todd behind the desk.

Shane McMahon- Fans, We saw what happened on Friday Night Mayhem. Chris Kanyon came down to the ring and assisted Bob Holly in getting the win over Jim Neidhart. Bob Holly and Chris Kanyon are both here in the studio and they're both going to answer why this happened. So Chris Kanyon, Bob Holly come on out here.

Chris Kanyon and Bob Holly are shown leaving their dressing room and walking through the hallway. Bob Holly's look has totally changed, He has short blond hair and he's wearing all black. He's also growing a beard. Kanyon and Holly make their way into the set and Kanyon shakes hands with Todd, But ignores Shane.

Todd Pettengill- It's great to have you guys on the show. And Bob, I'm digging the new look.

Chris Kanyon- Thank you Todd. And Bob Holly needed to change things. And with me as his manager, Things will get very interesting. And now, This isn't Bob Holly anymore. Bob Holly is dead. This man right here is the man with the twenty four inch pythons, The man who's been in more movies than Brad Pitt. The man who will go to the Royal Rumble and win the whole thing. This isn't sparky plug, This is the biggest icon in pro wrestling. The biggest icon in the World Wrestling Federation. The man who's gonna headline every Wrestlemania from now on. This is Hollywood Holly! Hollywood Holly will go to the Royal Rumble and toss out twenty nine other men. Hollywood Holly is the man with the largest arms in the world. He's the best wrestler in the WWF. He's gonna hold every title in the WWF. He's going to beat names like Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Bret Hart, Sycho Sid and everyone else that stands in his way. And you wanna know why? Nobody can stop Hollywood Holly!

Shane McMahon- Hollywood Holly, There will be some big names in the Royal Rumble........ Do you think you can beat them?

Todd Pettengill- Sorry for Shane's stupidity fellas. Of course he can! Look at him Shane! He's young, Look at the body on Hollywood! This man is a machine! He's gonna run right through everyone that stands in his way at the Royal Rumble!

Chris Kanyon- And he has me as his manager. I used to wrestle actually, But due to a knee injury, I'm probably never gonna wrestle again. So who better than Kanyon to manage Hollywood Holly? Chris Kanyon is going to lead Hollywood Holly to the very top of the World Wrestling Federation. Nobody can beat Hollywood Holly. Bob Holly turned on all these fans to become someone. What happened in '96? Nothing! No one cared about Bob Holly! But 1997 will be the year of Hollywood Holly. I promise the whole world. 1997 will be the year where Hollywood Holly not only wins an Oscar, But he'll win the World Wrestling Federation Championship.

Hollywood Holly- Todd, Shane, All I gotta ask you is, Do you think anyone will be able to beat Hollywood Holly? And the answer is, I don't think so!

Chris Kanyon- Hollywood Holly, We gotta go. We got a meeting with some big Hollywood executives. Todd, Always a pleasure. And Shane, The Todd will make you look good.

Kanyon and Holly leave.

Hollywood Holly debuted his new gimmick, it got a positive response.

Chris Kanyon gained overness from this segment.

Shane McMahon- Hollywood Holly is in town, And he's entered himself in the 1997 Royal Rumble. And who's going to be able to beat Hollywood Holly? And who's going to be able to beat him with Chris Kanyon by his side?

Todd Pettengill- Nobody will be able to beat Hollywood Holly. He's going into the Royal Rumble with a task in hand. And that is to win. And believe me Shane, Hollywood Holly will be the man who wins the 1997 Royal Rumble.

Shane McMahon- Fans, At the Royal Rumble we'll see a title match between Scott Hall and Bret Hart. It's for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. Lets take a look at what happened between these two men on Friday Night Mayhem.

Scott Hall/Bret Hart video

FROM FRIDAY NIGHT MAYHEM

Sid went for the Powerbomb, But Bret Hart countered into a sunset flip and then somehow locked Sid into the Sharpshooter! Sid wasn't giving up though, Scott Hall then came down from the back with a steel chair and hit Bret Hart over the head with it! Hall then hit Sid as well! The referee ruled this a no contest! The crowd booed as Scott Hall stood over both Sycho Sid and Bret Hart. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with Scott Hall posing over both Bret Hart and Sycho Sid.

Shane McMahon- Scott Hall certainly trying to take out the competition there. And what will "The Hitman" do about on Monday Night Raw this Monday night? Will Bret Hart get even with Scott Hall after that attack?

Todd Pettengill- You can say Scott Hall chaired both men............ Personally, The Todd is a big fan of Scott Hall. And in my opinion, Bret Hart has no chance of beating Scott Hall for the WWF Championship at the 1997 Royal Rumble.

Shane McMahon- We'll see about that at the Royal Rumble. Fans, Up next we'll see Jesse James in action! Don't go away!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jesse James Vs. Bull Buchanan

The crowd wasn't into this match much. Bull Buchanan is a glorified jobber. He now wears a squat team looking outfit, I guess he was a former cop or something? This one was actually a solid back and fourth match. Bull is quite agile and springboard off the ropes at one point of the match, With a flying clothesline to Jesse James. Bull had the advantage through out the match, Using his size to his advantage. Bull came very close to winning the match after connecting with a scissors kick to the back of James' head, But James was able to kick out at two. Jesse James made the comeback and won the match with the Pump Handle Slam. Jesse James then posed as we were taken back to the WWF studios.

76, 69, 84 ***

Shane McMahon- Big win for Jesse James. Jesse James is another young man who looks like he's going to have a big future in the World Wrestling Federation. He was somehow able to defeat the big Bull tonight on RAW Saturday Night. Jesse James is no doubt looking to get into the Royal Rumble match.

Todd Pettengill- He's not entered yet. And neither is the big Bull. But you know who is? Hollywood Holly and Doink The Clown. Those are my two favorites to win the whole thing. I can't pick a winner out of those two. And Cactus Jack, I think Cactus Jack will do anything and everything it takes to win the Royal Rumble match.

Shane McMahon- And we got a new World Wrestling Federation superstar joining us at the Royal Rumble. Japanese sensation, Taka Michinoku will make his debut at the Royal Rumble. He'll be apart of the 1997 Royal Rumble match. And could he win his first ever match here in the World Wrestling Federation?

Todd Pettengill- Taka Michinoku is another man who's a big fan of The Todd. I went to Japan and hung out with Taka and his boys. Taka's down with the Toddmeister Shane. I also showed Taka some new moves. He'll be ready for the Royal Rumble.

Shane McMahon- I don't think Taka Michinoku even knows who you are Todd, But he will be making his debut in the 1997 Royal Rumble. And it would be quite the upset if this young man were to win the whole thing and go to Wrestlemania 13 to challenge for the WWF Championship. Fans, Here's a look at Taka Michinoku.

Taka Michinoku video

FROM FRIDAY NIGHT MAYHEM

A video then began to air showing Taka Michinoku in action. Some footage was actually from Japan. The video ends with the Royal Rumble logo and a shot of the Japanese flag waving in the backround.

RAW Saturday Night goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Interview with Shawn Michaels

RAW Saturday Night returns from the commercial break with Shane McMahon and Todd Pettengill standing by.

Shane McMahon- Fans, Up next we'll be interviewing the winner of the past two Royal Rumble matches. The only man to enter as number one and win the whole thing. Here's the one and the only, Shawn Michaels.

Like Kanyon and Hollywood, We're shown Michaels walking through the hallway. He comes into the set and shakes hands with Shane and Todd.

Shane McMahon- Welcome to RAW Saturday Night, And thank you for joining us tonight Shawn.

Shawn Michaels- No problem, HBK is honored to be here tonight on the debut episode of RAW Saturday Night.

Todd Pettengill- Shawn, The Todd is a very big fan of your's myself. And he's gotta ask you, Do you dig The Todd's watch? It was given to me by Duke Droese himself.

Shawn Michaels- Isn't that the watch that Droese found in the trash?

Todd Pettengill- No! He gave this to me especially.

Shane McMahon- Well, Shawn we heard comments from Cactus Jack earlier tonight. He claims he's going into the Royal Rumble to destroy you. He says we're going to see the last of HBK at the Royal Rumble. How do you feel about that?

Shawn Michaels- Cactus Jack might think he's going to eliminate Shawn Michaels once and for all at the Royal Rumble, But there's no way that's going to happen. I'm looking forward to going to the Royal Rumble and tossing Cactus Jack right over the top rope. I'm also looking forward to winning the whole thing. I don't care who stands in my way. Cactus Jack might do all the talking, But he hasn't done anything to HBK yet. When we get it on during that Royal Rumble match, Everyone will see Shawn Michaels toss Cactus Jack out. I am not afraid of Cactus Jack. Cactus Jack can talk about doing this and that, But he's not going to be doing anything to me at the Royal Rumble. I respect Cactus Jack for everything he's done, But he's not going to take down HBK and the Kliq.

Todd Pettengill- Shawn, Aren't you just a bit afraid of Cactus Jack? This man is tough. He's been blow up, Tossed into barbed wire. Everything you can think of. Aren't you just a little scared of Cactus Jack?

Shawn Michaels- Well Todd, I might not be from the tough streets of Malibu like you, But I can handle myself well. I been in Last Man Standing matches, Cage matches, Ladder matches and I've always come out on top. I'm ready for the Royal Rumble and I'm ready for Cactus Jack. There's no stopping the "Heart Break Kid" on January 19th. I will win my third straight Royal Rumble match. I will go on to Wrestlemania 13 and get back what's mine, And that is the World Wrestling Federation Championship.

Shane McMahon- Shawn, We saw you get into a confrontation on Monday Night Raw with The Undertaker. What's going on there? Is there a little rivalry between you and the phenom?

Shawn Michaels- I respect The Undertaker. I really do. But come January 19th, He's going to be another man who stands in my way. And that won't be good for him. He thinks he's unstoppable? We'll see at the Royal Rumble. Personally, I can't wait to kick him right across the face and send his ass flying over that top rope. If Undertaker is in the ring at the same time as HBK, He's going right over that top rope to the outside. I will do whatever it takes to win the Royal Rumble, And if it includes hitting Undertaker with Sweet Chin Music, Then I'll do it. Shawn Michaels is winning the Royal Rumble and no one is going to be able to stop me.

Shane McMahon- Shawn, Thank you for joining us and good luck at the Royal Rumble. Fans, Up next it's the six men tag team main event!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Scott Putski beats Scott Taylor with a high risk cross body. (Friday Night Mayhem 1/3/97)

The Undertaker, Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect Vs. Al Snow, Steve Austin and Scott Steiner

The crowd was hot for this main event. It wasn't too long though, Probably around ten minutes or so. The match started off with everyone getting into a huge brawl. The face team cleaned house and threw the heels to the outside. Austin was the tough guy and got in there with The Undertaker. Undertaker easily whooped Austin's ass and tossed him out. Snow then tried his luck, But got tossed to the outside as well. Steiner then rolled both Austin and Snow back in, Instead of going in there himself! Undertaker proceeded to kick both their asses. The heels finally took control after Scott Steiner caught Mr. Perfect with a high overhead belly to belly suplex. The heels beat down Perfect and did everything they could to keep him away from The Undertaker and Martel. Perfect was able to hit Snow with a DDT and make the hot tag to Undertaker. Undertaker came into the ring and cleaned house! All six men then got into it, With Steiner going outside with Perfect while Martel battled Snow on the other side of the ring. Undertaker finished Austin off with the Choke Slam to score the win. RAW Saturday Night quickly went off the air with the face team celebrating their win.

90, 93, 84 ***1\2

Overall Rating- 78

TV Rating- 7.59

Competition

Saturday Night

TV Rating- 1.98

Attendance- 7,531

Ticket Sales- $301,240

Hardcore TV

TV Rating- 2.98

Attendance- 1,006

Ticket Sales- $30,180

Worldwide

TV Rating- 3.97

Attendance- 7,540

Ticket Sales- $301,600

Notes

"Here is my weekly report on our battle with WCW. We are seen as having better workers, and this is causing fans to choose us over them."- Sophie

"Jesse James and Bull Buchanan work pretty well together due to their similar styles." -Pat Patterson

"I think i should be higher up the card." -Bull Buchanan

Guest Captain Planet

Nice shows Hewey, Party Boy for champ!

Marty is a awesome guy, he wrestles quite frequently at Blue Water Championship Wrestling in Michigan, Teaming with 'Sexy' Sean Casey as "The Millennium Rockers".

user posted image

Date: January 6, 1997

Tonight the first Monday Night Raw of the year comes to you live from Albany, New York. And what a main event we're going to witness tonight. Two former rivals go head to head. Cactus Jack takes on The Undertaker in the main event. These two men had a very heated rivalry last year and they'll lock it up once again tonight on Monday Night Raw. These two have been involved in such classic battles like the Ambulance Match and the Casket Match. Tonight it's just two men one on one in the biggest main event in Monday Night Raw history! And, The "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels will be at ringside for this match to provide color commentary! After the comments made by Cactus Jack, Will Shawn Michaels get involved? Last week we saw Michaels and The Undertaker get into a confrontation, Will Michaels get involved with the phenom as well?

Sycho Sid will also be in Albany. We'll hear from Sycho Sid on what his thoughts for the 1997 Royal Rumble are. Sycho Sid no doubt had the WWF Championship won last week, But Sid won't be getting a rematch at the Royal Rumble. What will the master and the ruler of the world have to say tonight?

And, The WWF Champion Scott Hall will also be in Albany. What will happen when Scott Hall arrives? Will he be looking to go after "The Hitman"? You don't wanna miss Monday Night Raw tonight.

Matches for Monday Night Raw

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger Vs. "All American" Bart Gunn and Suicide Blonds

Jesse James Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

"The Wildman" Marc Mero Vs. Hollywood Holly

Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. PG-13

Cactus Jack Vs. The Undertaker

Plus, Shawn Michaels will be providing color commentary during the main event! We'll hear from Sycho Sid and Scott Hall as well! Don't miss great WWF action, Only on the USA Network!

user posted image

Channel: USA Network

Date: January 6, 1997

Attendance: 10,008

Ticket Sales: $400,320

Announcers: Jim Ross and Vince McMahon

Voice Over- The World Wrestling Federation, For over fifty years the revolutionary force in sports entertainment.

Monday Night Raw comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Vince McMahon and Jim Ross are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Duke "The Money Maker" Droese, Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger with Dawn Marie Vs. "All American" Bart Gunn and Suicide Blonds

The Monday Night Raw set has changed, It's not the R.A.W letters anymore, It has a big ramp way with a big screen on top. McMahon reminded us that on RAW Saturday Night, Diamond and Swinger ended the Suicide Blonds' streak due to interfere from Droese. Bart Gunn is considered to be next in line for a big push. It seems like McMahon really wants to stick it to Lex Luger. Since he gave Shawn Stasiak the "Narcissist" gimmick last year, And now Gunn is "All American". The face team cleared the members of The Money Mine from the ring to begin this match. The crowd seems to be hating The Money Mine each and every week that passes by. The Blonds both came off the top rope with dives to Droese, Diamond and Swinger on the outside! Back inside the ring, It was Droese getting beat down by Bart Gunn. Gunn back dropped Droese and went for the Forearm Shot, But Dawn Marie pulled Droese to the outside! The Money Mine took control this one after Adam Copeland got taken out by the Money Answer from Diamond and Swinger. The Money Mine isolated Copeland and even Dawn Marie got a few shots in on Copeland from the outside. After about five minutes of getting a beating, Copeland took out Diamond with a Russian legsweep and made the hot tag to "All American" Bart Gunn. Gunn came into the ring and started cleaning house. It became a pier six brawl with Gunn and Droese being left as the men inside the ring, While the Blonds battled Diamond and Swinger on the outside. Bart Gunn had Droese down and went for the Forearm Shot, But as he was coming off the ropes, Dawn Marie tripped him! This allowed Droese to take down Bart Gunn with the Money Compactor and score the one, two, three. The Money Mine then headed to the back, With Droese holding the Million Dollar Championship high in the air.

75, 71, 79 **1\2

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Sycho Sid gets set up!

Monday Night Raw returns from the commercial break with the music of Sycho Sid hitting the arena to a huge ovation from the crowd. Sycho Sid comes down to the ring and poses while his "SID" pyro goes off behind him. Sycho Sid is handed a microphone and prepares to talk as this huge crowd chant "Sid".

Sycho Sid- Last Friday night I had Bret Hart beat! It doesn't matter if I was in the Sharpshooter or not. I would have escaped it and beaten him. Bret Hart can't beat me. Scott Hall can't beat me either. I was screwed out of the WWF Championship last week. I had the title won. Bret Hart didn't even need to get involved. But as always, He sticks his nose where it doesn't belong. He did not have to come out to that ring and hit Hall with a chair. I would have won the title all by myself. But that's okay. Because I'm ready. I'm ready for the 1997 Royal Rumble. It's just two weeks away. And come January 19th, Every man that steps inside the ring will feel the wrath of the master and the ruler of the world. I will enter the Royal Rumble and toss everyone that stands in my way right over the top rope. I don't care what number I enter as, I will win the 1997 Royal Rumble and go on to Wrestlemania 13 and get back what should have been around my waist last week, The World Wrestling Federation Championship. And I will eliminate everyone so I can get that title around my waist. I know you fans like Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker and all those other men. But I'm going in there to win. If the deadman gets in my face, I'll send his ass right back to the cemetery! If Shawn Michaels tries anything with me, It'll be April 3rd, 1995 all over again for Shawn Michaels. Then, There's guys like British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Scott Steiner, Bob Orton, Doink The Clown, Kamala and a bunch of other men. Hey, I respect everyone of the guys in the Royal Rumble. But they're gonna have my footprint all over their bodies when the Royal Rumble is over with! I'm heading into Wrestlemania 13 to fight for the World Wrestling Federation Championship. And I don't give a damn about who stands in my way. Every man will go down to the master and the ruler of the world on January 19th. Montreal, Quebec, Canada will see me standing in the center of the ring with my arm raised high. And who's gonna stop me?

Scott Steiner's music begins to play to a huge chorus of boos from the crowd. Scott Steiner stands on the entrance way with a microphone.

Sycho Sid- Steiner! What the hell do you want?

Scott Steiner- Sycho Sid, Do you think you're the man who's going to win the Royal Rumble? I got a reality check for you and all your fans, I'm the man who's entering the Royal Rumble and the man who's tossing you and everyone else that stands in my way over the top rope. I'm the man who's winning the Royal Rumble. I'm the man who's going into the Royal Rumble match, And body after body, After body will be hitting the floor. Scott Steiner will win the Royal Rumble. And who will be able to stop me? You think you can stop me Sid? You and these fans must be on something if you think you're winning the Royal Rumble. I'm the man who's destined to go to Wrestlemania 13 and win the whole thing. Because nobody can stop me! You're nothing more than a big goof. And I'm gonna prove it to the whole entire world when I eliminate you next Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. You talk about being the next WWF Champion, Son you're looking at the next WWF Champion. The Scott Steiner era will begin right after the Royal Rumble. There's nobody that can stop me. And you will not stop me Sid. There's one man destined to go to Wrestlemania 13, And that will be me. That will be Scott Steiner!

Sycho Sid- If you're feeling so hot, Why don't you get your ass into this ring tough guy? The crowd erupt as Sid lays down the challenge for Steiner. Come on Scott! You're a tough guy huh? Come on to this ring and lets find out how tough you can be!

Scott Steiner- You want a fight you bastard? You'll get one! I'm gonna walk down to that ring and beat you down!

Scott Steiner begins to slowly walk down the long ramp way. Scott Steiner pauses halfway on the ramp way and taunts Sid. The crowd boos as we're shown British Bulldog coming out of the crowd! Bulldog comes into the ring and attacks Sid from behind! Steiner watches from the ramp way as Bulldog puts the boots to Sid. Bulldog picks Sid up and hoists Sid up on his shoulder as Steiner watches. Bulldog goes for the Running Powerslam, But Sid slips out of it and catches Bulldog with a right hand! Bulldog goes down after Sid plants him with another right hand! Scott Steiner comes running down the ramp way and gets up on the apron, Sid decks Steiner right off the apron! Sycho Sid sets up Bulldog for the Powerbomb, But Owen Hart then comes down from the back with a steel chair! Owen Hart cracks Sid right over the head with a chair shot! Sid goes down! Owen Hart still has the chair and stares down his brother in law, British Bulldog. Owen Hart throws the chair down as Bulldog lifts Sycho Sid up. Bulldog connects with the Running Powerslam to Sycho Sid, Driving Sid right into the steel chair! Scott Steiner then comes into the ring and all three men stomp down on Sycho Sid. Owen Hart and British Bulldog leave the ring as Scott Steiner stands over Sycho Sid's body. Owen Hart and Bulldog stare each other down, And then, Both men stare down Steiner from the ramp way as we go to a commercial break.

Sycho Sid gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jesse James Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Non title match here, McMahon says that Helmsley is still without an opponent for the Royal Rumble, But he expects Commissioner Ric Flair to have a challenger for the Intercontinental Championship to face Hunter Hearst Helmsley at the Royal Rumble. These two men tore down the house tonight, This match was given well over ten minutes and had alot of close falls. Helmsley started off taunting James with the Intercontinental Championship, Telling James that this was a non title match and that a "roadie" would never wear the title around his waist. James proceeded to beat the snot out of Helmsley and nail Helmsley with right hands. James had control of the match in the beginning and even back dropped Helmsley right over the top rope onto the outside! They got into it on the outside with Helmsley sending James right into the steel steps! Helmsley even suplexed James on the padded floor. When they came into the ring, The match was all Helmsley's. Helmsley worked over James' back and locked James into a abdominal stretch. James eventually broke the hold, But Helmsley kept putting James down. James was finally able to mount the comeback after countering Helmsley's Pedigree into a catapult, Sending Helmsley right into the top turnbuckle! James kept coming at Helmsley and almost won the match with a DDT, But Helmsley had his foot on the ropes. Helmsley kicked James in the gut and went for the Pedigree, But James countered into a inside cradle to score the upset! After the match ended, Helmsley took the Intercontinental Championship and hit James right in between the eyes with it! Helmsley then connected with the Pedigree to James, Driving James right into the title belt! Helmsley stood over James and posed with the Intercontinental Championship.

89, 90, 90 ****

Interview with Hollywood Holly and Chris Kanyon

We go to the backstage interview area where Michael Cole is standing by with Hollywood Holly and his manager Chris Kanyon.

Michael Cole- 1997 began in a big way for Hollywood Holly. He joined forces with Chris Kanyon and now he's no longer Bob Holly, Tonight you take on "The Wildman" Marc Mero. And I got to ask you Kanyon, Why are you managing Hollywood Holly? Weren't you a wrestler just a week ago?

Chris Kanyon- Michael Casey, You're right. I was a wrestler. A very tough wrestler. A man who could beat anyone at anytime. But something happened. I injured myself. Completely. I can never get in the ring again. So I decided that since I've done everything humanly possible as a wrestler, Why not manage someone to great heights? And who betta than Hollywood Holly? Look at this man Casey! Pure force. He's got pythons bigger than twenty four inches! He's got all his hair! He's got the look! He's got the body! And most importantly, He's got the talent. Hollywood Holly is in the World Wrestling Federation to win the Royal Rumble. Bob Holly is no longer, No more racing cars, No more smiling, This man is the real deal. This man is Hollywood Holly. And what are those twenty nine other men gonna do when he takes each one of them and tosses them right over the top rope? Hollywood Holly is ready for the Royal Rumble. He's beaten every man that's entered in the Royal Rumble match. And next Sunday night, January 19th, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, We're gonna see Hollywood Holly run wild on everyone! Number one, Number two, Number thirty, It doesn't matter! It doesn't matter what number he draws! Who can beat this man? Nobody! And who knows? Maybe someday, I'll get back in the ring. But right now, This knee injury isn't letting me do anything but manage.

Michael Cole- Tonight it's Hollywood Holly and "The Wildman" Marc Mero in the ring. Hollywood Holly, Can you beat Marc Mero tonight on Monday Night Raw?

Chris Kanyon- Casey? Are you stupid? Do you think Mero has a chance of beating this man? Look at him! He's ready for anything! Hollywood Holly doesn't fear anyone. He doesn't fear anything either for that matter. Hollywood Holly is a movie star, He's a millionaire, And he's the best wrestler in the world today. Nobody can stop this man. Marc Mero will be the first victim tonight. Hollywood Holly will run through Marc Mero tonight and there's nothing "The Wildman" can do about it. Hollywood Holly is the man who will head into Wrestlemania 13 to challenge for the WWF Championship. And whether you or anyone else like it or not, Hollywood Holly will be the new World Wrestling Federation Champion at Wrestlemania 13.

Hollywood Holly- Michael Cole, I am nothing but perfect. I'm better than perfect. I'm Hollywood Holly, My path has been chosen. And whether you or anyone else like it, That path will take me to Wrestlemania 13 and to the World Wrestling Federation Championship. No one can beat Hollywood Holly. Tonight, Marc Mero you will learn why Hollywood is unstoppable. Why nobody can beat Hollywood Holly. Hollywood Holly rules the world, And tonight I'm gonna rule you.

Michael Cole- Fans, When Monday Night Raw returns, Hollywood Holly battles "The Wildman" Marc Mero!

Chris Kanyon gained overness from this segment.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"The Wildman" Marc Mero with Sable Vs. Hollywood Holly with Chris Kanyon

The crowd seems to be hating Holly now, For the first time ever in his WWF career, He's getting heat from the crowd. Holly wears all black with his new hair cut. Mero came down to the ring to a big reaction from the crowd. Marc Mero and Hollywood started off doing a quick sequence, Hollywood kept getting out wrestled and he kept going over to Kanyon to talk strategy. The announcers wondered if Kanyon was faking a knee injury, So he wouldn't have to wrestle. Hollywood took a cheap to Mero to take things over for himself. Hollywood used chokes and kicks in the corner and hit a big time suplex to Mero. Kanyon kept getting involved whenever Hollywood had the referee distracted. Hollywood Holly seems to be wrestling better, I guess he's motivated now. McMahon and Ross really hyped up Hollywood, Talking about how he was doing some big movies and how he was now one of the favorite for the Royal Rumble. After taking a beating, Mero made the comeback and took it to Hollywood. Mero tossed Hollywood to the outside and hit a corkscrew plancha to Hollywood right on the outside! Mero caught Hollywood coming off the ropes with a samoan drop and headed up top, Looking for the Wild Thing. But Kanyon got up on the apron and shook the ropes, Causing Mero to lose his balance! This caused a disqualification! Kanyon and Hollywood started stomping down on Mero, With Sable not being able to do anything. Hollywood gave Mero the Hollywood Slam! Kanyon and Hollywood stood over Mero and Kanyon yelled Everyone in the Royal Rumble better watch out! Hollywood is in town!

81, 82, 80 **3/4

Party Squad Time!

We go over to the announce position where Vince McMahon and Jim Ross talk about "Party Boy" Marty Jannetty. They say Marty means well, But sometimes he can party a little too much. McMahon says we have another video from Marty.

We cut to the screen where we see The Party Squad (Marty Jannetty, Van Hammer and Koko B. Party) standing behind a huge banner for the Royal Rumble. All three men have spray cans, And Hammer begins to play their theme.

Marty Jannetty- The Royal Rumble is nearing right? Well, I've been informed that I am not going to be in the Royal Rumble match! But the good news Partybusters, Is that the Party Squad will be competing at the Royal Rumble! Wild Marty, Van and Koko will be wrestling in front of the whole world in Montreal! But you know something? That's not good enough. The WWF doesn't seem to appreciate the partying, Neither does the superstars of the WWF. Look at the Royal Rumble banner! You got these men all looking like they wanna tear each other's heads off! But we're gonna change that! Fellas? We see Hammer and Koko spray painting the Rumble banner with various colors, It ends with the words "Party Rumble replasing the Royal Rumble. Now, We're not gonna be in the Rumble match. But that won't stop us from coming out there and dancing the night away! And everyone will join in! HBK, Undertaker, Sid, Cactus, Owen.......... Everyone will dance the night away with the Party Squad! January 19th, The return of Party Squad! And things will change!

We go back to the announce position with the announcers wondering what Marty means when he says that he's gonna dance at the Royal Rumble. We go to a commercial break with the announcers hyping the tag team match up, Coming up next!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Brian Adams and Brian Lee Vs. PG-13

Another great match up on Monday Night Raw, PG-13 are certainly becoming one of the top tag teams in the WWF. They came down doing their usual rapping, One of them called Jim Ross the jumbo elephant while one said McMahon's hair is as fake as Albany's women. This one started off with all four men brawling on the outside. Lee is standing out more and more, Adams was all right, But Lee carries the team and he proved it here by taking two sick bumps. One was, When Wolfie D clotheslined him over the railing, Sending Lee head first onto the concrete floor! Then, JC Ice back dropped Lee onto the same concrete floor! Lee was isolated after that, PG-13 used a double team neck breaker, Drop kick combo for a very close near fall. By the time Lee made the hot tag to Adams, The crowd was very hot. Adams came into the ring and started cleaning house. Wolfie D took a tilt a whirl slam and JC Ice took a big boot right to the face! Lee, Still a little slowed down after the beating he took, Came into the ring and tossed JC Ice right over the top rope onto the outside! This left Wolfie D alone with the former tag team champions. Lee and Adams finished Wolfie D off with a Life Sentence/Heart Punch combo for the win. Adams and Lee celebrated their wins with McMahon saying both men are in the Royal Rumble match!

90, 86, 90 ****1\4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Perfect and Martel get their match!

We return from the commercial break with the team of Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect coming down to the ring to a huge ovation from the crowd. Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect pose in the ring for awhile, Before taking microphones.

Rick Martel- The talk of the World Wrestling Federation is the 1997 Royal Rumble. And it seems to me that neither myself or Mr. Perfect are entered in the Royal Rumble. And that's a crime! Because Mr. Perfect and myself came back last year, We trained and we're in better shape than we were ten years ago! But are we entered in the Royal Rumble? No! But we are going to be wrestling at the Royal Rumble. You can bet on that. And who will it be that we wrestle? None other than the current WWF Tag Team Champions, Steve Austin and Al Snow. Guys you been ducking our challenge for way too long. We know you two cowards turned it down, But we want a shot at the titles at the Royal Rumble! We're the best tag team in the WWF and we want those titles. You two talk about being the best, Well, Prove it to us by putting those titles against us. We're the future WWF Tag Team Champions. And all we need is for you two to put those titles on the line against us. Be men. You two are great competitors, But you two are not being men. Back in the day, The WWF Tag Team Champions would put the titles against any team. But you two duck challengers left and right. We're asking you to be men and put those belts on the line at the Royal Rumble. Straight up tag team wrestling. Nothing more, Nothing less.

Mr. Perfect- Steve, Al, We know you two are tough. We've watched you two wrestle. You two remind us of what we were like ten years ago. Hungry, Prepared for anything. Except, We weren't cowards. We were men and we put the titles on the line against everyone who wanted a title shot. We were champions, Rick had the tag title before, And I had the Intercontinental title. And we never ducked any challenges. You two aren't being tough champions. Those titles have been around your waists for way too long. You guys have beaten every tag team that's ever been put in the ring with the two of you, But can you beat us? Can you beat the Model Of Perfection? I don't think so! So how about you put those titles on the line against us on January 19th? Royal Rumble, Live from Montreal, Quebec, Canada! We want those titles and we want them at the Royal Rumble. Accept our challenge. Be men! Be what you say you are, And put those titles on the line against us!

Steve Austin's and Al Snow's music begins to play to boos from the crowd. The champions stand on the long ramp way, With the titles over their shoulders. Both men are holding microphones.

Al Snow- Look at these two Steve, It's two old men who seem to have forgotten the way to the home! Rick, Perfect, You two talk about the old days, Well, This isn't the old days. This is 1997. You two should have retired years ago! You two shouldn't be in the WWF period. Let alone competing for these titles. You two should be down in Atlanta trying to make it to the ring. There's a reason why we're the champions. Because we're the best. And we don't need you two making a mockery out of the titles by competing for them. You wanna talk about being fighting champions, We've done nothing but fight. And we're not fighting you two and that's the end of that. If one of you geezers want a one on one match, Then you can get one. But only a one on one match. We don't need to be breaking both your hips in singles matches. You two can look at these titles all you want, Because this is as close as you'll be to them.

Steve Austin- You two wanna talk about being the greatest tag team in the WWF? Son you're looking at the greatest tag team ever in the WWF! We have beaten them all. You two are not getting anywhere near these titles. We don't need to prove anything to the two of you. Why should we put the titles on the line against two washed up has beens? Why should we fight you two? You two ain't nothing to us. You got two washed up legend wanna bes, The fact is, Steve Austin and Al Snow are the dominant tag team in the WWF. And can't nobody stop us. There's a big difference between being scared of you two, And not wanting to humiliate the both of you. You two will never hold these titles that are over our shoulders. You two can have a singles match like Al said, But not in a tag team match. You two don't deserve it. Al Snow and myself are going to hold these titles until a real team can beat us. And there's nothing the two of you can do about it.

Mr. Perfect- If you two are half the men you say you are, Then come on! Put the titles against us! Be men! Be real champions! Unless you don't got the b**** to step into the ring with us!

Rick Martel- I think these two are afraid Perfect, I think they're afraid of getting beat by two old timers! They're afraid that they know they can't beat us. And they know that they would lose those titles if they were to get into the ring with us.

Al Snow- You think so huh? You think we're cowards? Well, You're wrong! You want your match? You got it! Royal Rumble, The titles on the line!

Steve Austin does not look happy at Al Snow's decision. Martel and Perfect look happy as Snow heads to the back. Austin follows Snow, Not looking happy and shouting at Snow.

Steve Austin gained overness from this segment.

Al Snow gained overness from this segment.

Mr. Perfect gained overness from this segment.

Rick Martel gained overness from this segment.

Interview with The Undertaker

We go the backstage interview area where Kevin Kelly is standing by with The Undertaker.

Kevin Kelly- I am standing by with The Undertaker. And Undertaker, tonight you take on your old rival, Cactus Jack in the main event. Both of you had one heck of a rivalry last year that ended at the Survivor Series. But tonight, You two will once again collide in the ring. What are your thoughts as this match up nears?

The Undertaker- Kevin Kelly, The creatures of the night have been waiting for a taste of Cactus Jack ever since the Survivor Series. The creatures of the night have been waiting for this ever since I made him bleed. Ever since I made him suffer at the Survivor Series. And tonight, He's going to have to get inside the ring with me one more time. My creatures of the night are going to watch what happens when I take Cactus Jack and take his soul to the dark side with me. Tonight it's not just a battle, It's not just a match, It's a chance to end this once and for all. Cactus Jack wronged me when he first attacked me, He then took out Paul Bearer and the power of the urn as well. But tonight, He belongs to me. Cactus Jack can't win tonight. Remember what I did to him at the Survivor Series? Tonight will be alot worse. Tonight, I will take him to the dark side. And Cactus Jack will never be seen again.

Kevin Kelly- Shawn Michaels will be at the announce position providing color commentary for this match. Last week, We saw you and Shawn Michaels get into a confrontation. What's going on between you and Shawn Michaels? And what are your thoughts on the Royal Rumble match?

The Undertaker- The Royal Rumble match is the biggest battle of them all. Twenty nine souls that stand in my way. Twenty nine men all ready to be taken out at a moments notice. The Royal Rumble will be their hell Kevin Kelly. Nobody can stop the power of The Undertaker and his creatures of the night. Their bodies and soul will go for the ultimate journey to the dark side. It's about so much more than getting a shot at the WWF Championship, It's about who is the dominant force in the World Wrestling Federation. It's about who is the man who controls the WWF. And that man is me, And my creatures of the night. I will go into the vault of souls and unleash the demon at the Royal Rumble. And as far as Shawn Michaels goes, He's another man standing in my way. If he's in the Royal Rumble when I'm there, Then he will have to meet the grim reaper. And he will rest in peace.

Kevin Kelly- Fans, Up next it's the main event! The Undertaker takes on Cactus Jack!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Cactus Jack Vs. The Undertaker

The crowd was hot for this huge main event. Shawn Michaels came down to the announce position to provide color commentary. Michaels talked about how at the Rumble, He'd eliminate both these guys if they got in his face. Michaels went on to say how he respects Undertaker more than anyone in the WWF, But he said he wasn't afraid of The Undertaker or his creatures of the night. Jack and Undertaker had their usual great affair, These two put on ****+ matches through out 1996 and this was no different. Jack and Undertaker started off with a huge brawl. They wound up on the outside, Where Undertaker tossed Jack right into the announce table, Knocking over JR and Vince, But not Michaels! Then at one point of the match, Jack sent Undertaker into the steel steps and then after that, Sent Undertaker right into Michaels! Michaels tried to get involved, But the referee and the announcers held him back. The match continued inside the ring with neither men putting each other down. Undertaker almost lost after Jack locked him into the Mandible Claw, But he was able to start making the comeback. When Undertaker went for the flying/rolling clothesline, Jack ducked and the referee accidentally got nailed! Jack put Undertaker down with a double arm hook DDT and went to the outside. Jack went to grab a steel chair, But Michaels took it from him! This resulted in Jack decking Michaels! Jack came into the ring with the chair and waited for Undertaker to get up. Michaels got up and went up onto the apron. Michaels took the chair from Jack and swung it, But Jack ducked and Undertaker took a shot right to the head! Jack then again decked Michaels sending Michaels flying off the apron onto the steel guardrail! Jack covered Undertaker and the referee came into in time to count the three. After the match ended, Jack left the ring and headed to the back as Michaels came into the ring. Michaels stood over Undertaker and didn't appear to be too concerned, Michaels then went to leave the ring, When The Undertaker sat up! Undertaker spun Michaels around and Choke Slammed HBK! Cactus Jack watched from the top of the entrance way as Undertaker stood over Shawn Michaels.

97, 98, 95 ****3/4

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Rocky's Third Generation Syndrome puts Tiger Ali Singh away! (RAW Saturday Night 1/4/97)

Scott Hall and Bret Hart get into it!

Monday Night Raw comes back from the commercial break with the music of the WWF Champion, Scott Hall hitting the arena to boos from the crowd. Scott Hall comes down to the ring with the title around his waist while the announcers hype his match with Bret Hart at the Royal Rumble, Next Sunday night.

Scott Hall- Hey yo.......... Last Friday night did you people see what I did to your precious "Hitman"? Did you see when I took a steel chair and hit him right upside the head with it? Did you see how quickly he went down to the mat? Do you people still think he has a chance of beating me at the Royal Rumble? Bret Hart stands no chance in hell of defeating me. I'm gonna beat Bret Hart at the Royal Rumble and keep this title around my waist. You think he's going to beat me at the Royal Rumble just because it's in Canada? All you people in Canada better get ready for a depressing evening. Scott Hall is keeping the gold. Bret Hart will lose and there's nothing you fans can do about it. He stands no chance of taking this title from me. I'm gonna go into that stinking country of Canada and I'm gonna do what I do best, Kick some ass and walk away with this still around my waist. I told everyone that the title belonged around my waist and my waist only. And nobody can take this title from around my waist. HBK tried, But he failed. Sid tried, But that big goof failed. And "The Hitman" will try, But guess what? He will fail! I am the very best in the world today and I got proof right here, Nobody else has this title around their waist, Do they? The fact is, Nobody is good enough to take the title from me. Look at all the names I've beaten. Bret Hart will be another name. He went down on Friday night, And he'll go down at the Royal Rumble. Bret Hart will be down on his knees begging me for mercy at the Royal Rumble. He'll be begging me to stop the beating, He'll be begging me to stop the punishment at the Royal Rumble. And he'll be sorry he ever wanted this match. So Hitman, Get ready for January 19th. I'm ready, And I'm gonna whip your ass! And there's two things you can do about it, Nothing and like it! And.............

Bret Hart's music begins to play to a huge ovation from the crowd. "The Hitman" stands on top of the ramp way holding a microphone, Bret Hart doesn't look too happy at the comments made by Scott Hall.

Bret Hart- You know, I thought I'd come out here and tell you something. See, You did attack me on Friday night with a chair. Like the coward you are. And one week ago, You attacked me from behind like a coward. But you know something Scott Hall? That made me angrier than I was before. I thought we wouldn't have to resort to attacks and using chairs. But I was dead wrong. You know deep down that you can't beat me at the Royal Rumble. So you had to attack me last week and last Friday night. But did you think that was enough? My anger is real. You come out here and talk badly about Canada, About my fans, All you're doing is bringing shame to the WWF Championship. And the fact that you've held that title for almost two months, Speaks of the competition you've had. Yeah, We've all seen you use a ladder. You're quite handy with a ladder or two. And you can use titles, Chairs and everything else. But can you take me in a one on one match? You know in your heart you can't beat. So get ready for January 19th. Get ready for the Royal Rumble. Get ready for when you have to go one on one with the excellence of execution. Your title reign will come to an end at the Royal Rumble. Montreal, Quebec, Canada will see me leave with the title. Everyone knows that I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be. And I'm gonna prove it to you when I beat you at the Royal Rumble and walk out with the WWF Championship. But I don't feel like waiting for the Rumble, I feel like getting some payback on you tonight!

Scott Hall- Really? So you're a tough guy now? Bring your ass on down here Bret! Get in the ring with the champ! Get in the ring with the greatest WWF Champion of all time! You think I'm scared of you or something? Bring it!

The fans go crazy as Bret Hart begins to walk down the long ramp way. Hall takes the WWF Championship off of around his waist as "The Hitman" comes into the ring. Bret Hart gets into the ring and Hall nails him right upside the head with the WWF Championship! The crowd boos as Hall smiles, Hall stands over Bret Hart who is down! Hall lifts Bret Hart up to his feet and nails Hart with the title once again! Scott Hall poses with the title to boos from the fans. The crowd boos as Hall gets up over Hart's body and begins taunting Hart! But then, Hart grabs Hall by the legs and takes down Hall! The fans go wild as Bret Hart headbutts Hall right in the stomach! Hart lifts Scott Hall up and connects with a back breaker! Bret Hart goes to the second turnbuckle and then drops a elbow right to Hall's heart! The fans know what's coming next, And they're going crazy as Bret Hart locks Scott Hall into the Sharpshooter! Hall is tapping out over and over again! But Bret Hart won't let go! Referees come down from the back and get into the ring. They pull Bret Hart off of Scott Hall, Hall rolls to the outside and lays on the ground holding his back. Bret Hart takes the WWF Championship and poses with it as Monday Night Raw goes off the air.

Overall Rating- 85

TV Rating- 7.51

Competition

Monday Nitro

TV Rating- 6.43

Attendance- 7,044

Ticket Sales- $281,760

Notes

"Our ratings battle with Monday Nitro is so close that neither show is gaining a clear advantage!" -Sophie

News

- Jack Tunney has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

- Stan Hansen has agreed to an open contract with USPW!

- Blue Meanie has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- ECW have signed Great Sasuke to a written contract!

- Chris Adams has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- ECW have signed Raven to a written contract!

- Ricky Morton has agreed to an open contract with ECW!

- ECW have signed independent worker Steve Corino to a written contract!

- ECW have signed independent worker Super Crazy to a written contract!

- ECW have signed Chad Fortune to a written contract!

- Big Dick Dudley has left ECW as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Gedo has left ECW as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Violent J has left ECW as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Tank Abbott has left ECW as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Axl Rotten has left ECW as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Blue Meanie has left ECW as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Pitbull #2 has left ECW as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Jack Victory has left ECW as part of the new management team's shake-up!

- Winston Brynner has taken over control of ECW!

OOC: For anyone else who still wants the scenario, Go Here....... Remember that it's a scenario, So put it in your data folder and set your computer to December '96 so you can start in January of '97.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Monday Night Raw notes, Current Royal Rumble card, Plus more

January 7, 1997

Light Heavyweight talent signs with Extreme Championship Wrestling, WWF not happy

Extreme Championship Wrestling recently signed two Light Heavyweight talents. Japanese sensation, Great Sasuke and Super Crazy. This did not sit well with the World Wrestling Federation. The WWF wanted to sign these two to open contracts to compete in the Light Heavyweight division, There's rumors that the official announcement regarding the Light Heavyweight Championship will take place in February. Sasuke had met with WWF officials around the winter and talked about working a few dates with the WWF, But Sasuke was worried that after he'd been used to put over talent, He wouldn't have a job. Super Crazy wrestled with USPW, The WWF offered him a six month written deal, But he turned it down and went to ECW who offered him a bigger deal for longer time. The WWF was not happy over this, And there's rumors going around that the WWF could sign a huge ECW star to a written deal. The new owner of ECW, Winston Brynner has said to be very ruthless when it comes to competing with other federations. ECW could be headed to bigger and better things as the year progresses. Winston Brynner even went and hired Raven, Who left ECW on rocky terms last year back to the company. With some of the best talent in the world, And a loyal fan base, ECW could be competing with the WWF and WCW very soon.

Monday Night Raw notes

This is Mike and I attended Monday Night Raw live from Albany, New York. The arena was mostly a sell out, With a hot crowd for most of the night. Even some of the dark matches got big ovations.

Dark Matches

1. The Magician beat Chris Davis. The crowd got hot for this one, Since it was the first match. But after they started wrestling, Several boos were heard. Davis looked decent, But the fans were too busy booing The Magician to care. (keep in mind he's a face) The Magician wins this with a DDT at about three minutes. During the match, Davis screwed up a top rope clothesline, And fell right onto the ropes. Something tells me, He'll be in USWA for awhile.

2. Peter Polaco beat Darnell Porter. Porter looked good here, He seems like a decent high flier. But he didn't show that much charisma. Most of the fans didn't know who Polaco was, A few chanted "Aldo" and "Candyman" at him. Polaco played the heel and won with a spinning tombstone piledriver. Porter did connect with a nasty spinning heel kick to Polaco during the match, Which busted Polaco's mouth open.

3. Brian Christopher and Jerry "The King" Lawler beat Donalbain and Johnny Hall. Lawler and Christopher got big heat. This Donalbain guy is huge, Hall looked decent out there too. Lawler piledrove Hall and Christopher followed up with the Tennessee Jam for the win while Donalbain was on the outside. During the match, Donalbain gave Christopher a huge spinebuster, Christopher looked dead after the impact. Hall had a decent looking Texas Cloverleaf on Lawler during this one as well.

4. Chavo Guerrero beat Steve Bradley. Decent match up here, Bradley was pretty good and held his own. Chavo got a big pop when he came down to the ring. This one saw Bradley connect with a pair of head scissors which sent Chavo flying to the outside, Smacking the steel guardrail head first! Ouch! Chavo won with the Brainbuster about six minutes later.

Vince McMahon and Jim Ross came down to the ringside area and took their place at the announce position to a huge ovation. Lots of "JR" and "Vinny Mac" chants.

After the cameras stopped rolling, Bret Hart tossed the WWF Championship onto Scott Hall on the outside. While the referees held both men apart. Bret Hart took the microphone and talked about he was going to leave the Royal Rumble with the WWF Championship and there's nothing Scott Hall could do about it. Bret Hart asked the crowd if they wanted a match between him and Hall right here tonight, And the place went crazy. Hall looked like he was going to come into the ring, But he walked to the back to huge heat! Bret Hart stayed in the ring for a bit before heading to the back. Howard Finkel came into the ring and told us that the action wasn't over, And we'd get three more matches! I hear the dark matches from after the show went off the air will be put on some video.

Second pair of Dark Matches

1. Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel beat Goldust and Vader. Goldust came down to the ring to some big time heat here. Vader got booed as well. The team of Martel and Perfect were over big time tonight. This one was a good tag team match, With Vader showing more motivation here than he has since September. This one saw Perfect hit the Perfectplex to the 458 pound Vader and Martel lock Goldust and then Marlena (who tried to interfere) into the Quebec Crab!

2. Ahmed Johnson beat Billy Gunn. Sadly, There was no Sunny at ringside with Billy. Ahmed Johnson came down to the ring to another huge ovation, He's over big time here in Albany as well. Lots of "Ahmed" chants. This one wasn't too long, But saw Ahmed Johnson screw up a powerslam and it looked nasty. Johnson wins with the Pearl River Plunge.

3. Sycho Sid and Shawn Michaels beat Owen Hart, British Bulldog and Scott Steiner in a handicap match. The crowd blew the roof off the building for Michaels and Sid. The heel team got one of the biggest heel reactions of the night. Michaels took most of the beating here, At one point, Bulldog suplexed Shawn on the padded floor right on the outside! After getting his ass kicked for about fifteen minutes, HBK tagged in Sid who came into the ring and started cleaning house. Choke Slams all around here. Finish saw HBK super kick Owen, Sending Owen into Sid's Powerbomb for the three. Sid and HBK posed for awhile and then left. Fink thanked us for coming and that was that. Great show all around by the WWF.

Top 5 Face Pops

1. Bret Hart

2. The Undertaker

3. Sycho Sid and Shawn Michaels

4. Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel

5. Ahmed Johnson

Top 5 Heel Heat

1. Scott Hall

2. Scott Steiner, Owen Hart and British Bulldog

3. Goldust

4. Cactus Jack

5. Al Snow and Steve Austin

Current Royal Rumble card

user posted image

Date: January 19, 1997

Current Card

1997 Royal Rumble Match

Featuring- Cactus Jack, Owen Hart, Scott Steiner, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Ahmed Johnson, Billy Gunn, British Bulldog, Marc Mero, Sycho Sid, Vader, Alex Wright, "All American" Bart Gunn, Brian Adams, Brian Lee, Hollywood Holly, Goldust, Jacobs, Mark Henry, Rocky Maivia, Scott Taylor, Fatu, Yokozuna, Kamala, "Cowboy" Bob Orton, Doink The Clown, Taka Michinoku, Mystery Entrant #1, Mystery Entrant #2, Mystery Entrant #3

World Wrestling Federation Championship

Bret Hart Vs. Scott Hall©

World Wrestling Federation Tag Team Championship

Al Snow and Steve Austin© Vs. Mr. Perfect and Rick Martel

Light Heavyweight Showdown!

Chavo Guerrero Vs. Brian Christopher

Edited by Baby Hewey

Good show, and it sucks Marty won't be in the rumble itself. Still, hopefully someone new wins it this year, maybe even someone unexspected? Also nice to see Jesse James getting into the IC title scene. He is one of the best guys on your roster, plus I liked his promo's when he was actually talking. Good show and the Rumble is shaping together well.

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Date: January 10, 1997

Tonight the #30 spot in the Royal Rumble will be determined. We're going to see the biggest main event ever in World Wrestling Federation TV history. Four of the biggest superstars of all time lock it up to determine who will enter the Royal Rumble match in nine days, As #30. It'll be the "Heart Break Kid" Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Vader and Cactus Jack in a four corners match! The winner enters the Royal Rumble as #30! The man who wins no doubt will have a huge advantage at the Royal Rumble. And who will it be? This is also the first time we'll get to see Shawn Michaels in action, Michaels hasn't wrestled since last December at In Your House. And after what happened between him and The Undertaker on Monday Night Raw, You'll know things are going to explode.

Bret "The Hitman" Hart will also be in Burlington. And you know after what happened between "The Hitman" and Scott Hall on Monday night, That Bret's going to have alot to say. What will Bret Hart have to say regarding the Royal Rumble? And his title match with Scott Hall at the Rumble?

Matches for Friday Night Mayhem

Mr. Perfect Vs. Goldust

Jacobs Vs. Rocky Maivia

Mark Henry and Jesse James Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Billy Gunn

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Alex Wright

The Quebecers and Brian Christopher Vs. Chavo Guerrero, D'Lo Brown and Scorpio

Four Corners Match

Winner Gets #30 Spot In The Royal Rumble

The Undertaker Vs. Shawn Michaels Vs. Cactus Jack Vs. Vader

Plus, Bret "The Hitman" Hart will also be on Friday Night Mayhem! All this and much more action only on UPN!

user posted image

Credit Public Enemy for the logo

Channel: UPN

Date: January 10, 1997

Attendance: 10,039

Ticket Sales: $401,560

Announcers: Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix

Friday Night Mayhem comes on the air with a video package showing great World Wrestling Federation action. When the video ends, We're taken inside the arena where pyro goes off from the rafters and from the entrance way. We then head over to our announce position where Jonathan Coachman and Dok Hendrix are standing by. They are very excited and hype up tonight's big show.

Rick Martel gets ambushed!

Mr. Perfect comes down to the ring to a huge ovation from the crowd. Perfect gets inside the ring and waits for his opponent. But before anyone comes out, The big screen shows Al Snow and Steve Austin beating down Rick Martel in the back! Austin and Snow are stomping down on Martel! Austin grabs a trash can and hits Martel over the back with it! Snow lays some shots on Martel with a broomstick! Mr. Perfect goes running down to the back, But when he gets there, Martel is laid out and Austin and Snow are gone! Mr. Perfect checks on Martel, We go to a commercial break with Mr. Perfect checking on his partner, Who's down due to a attack by Al Snow and Steve Austin!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Goldust with Marlena Vs. Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect was back in the ring when we returned from the back. The announcers talked about how Rick Martel had been taken to the hospital after the brutal attack by Al Snow and Steve Austin. Goldust seems to be getting pushed pretty hard now a days, The announcers kept hyping him as a former Intercontinental Champion, Even though he had a short reign in '96. This one was a great match up, Probably the best Goldust has had in a long time. Mr. Perfect seemed distracted due to Rick Martel being attacked. Coachman said that Austin and Snow could strike Perfect at any time tonight. Mr. Perfect kept his cool and began out wrestling the bigger Goldust. Goldust kept getting frustrated, But Marlena was able to calm him down. Goldust was able to take down Perfect after hitting Mr. Perfect in the back. Goldust used a back suplex and back breaker to really work on Perfect's back. Goldust kept coming very close to putting away the former two time Intercontinental Champion, But Perfect kept kicking out of everything Goldust had to offer. Mr. Perfect eventually made the comeback and planted Goldust with a DDT. Mr. Perfect looked to go for the Perfectplex, But Marlena got up on the apron. Mr. Perfect got distracted long enough for Goldust to low blow Perfect and then connect with the Curtain Call. Goldust covered Mr. Perfect and scored the big upset. Goldust and Marlena headed to the back while Mr. Perfect was down.

91, 91, 92 ****1\4

Goldust gained overness from this match.

Mr. Perfect gets ambushed as well!

Mr. Perfect slowly got up to his feet when the cameras showed both Al Snow and Steve Austin standing on the entrance way. Both men smiled and ran down the long ramp way! Snow was the first one to get into the ring, And Perfect knocked him down with a right hand! Austin came into the ring, And Mr. Perfect knocked him down as well! Mr. Perfect nailed Austin with right hands, But Snow jumped Perfect from behind with a kick to the back of the head! Snow then connected with a judo kick to Perfect knocking out Perfect! Austin got as Snow stood up Perfect, Steve Austin hit Perfect with the Stone Cold Stunner! Snow picked Perfect up and planted him with the Snow Plow! Steve Austin went to the outside and got two steel chairs. Austin tossed them into the ring. Both Snow and Austin took a steel chair. Mr. Perfect crawled up to his feet, And took a double chair shot to the head! Mr. Perfect was left out cold, With Austin and Snow standing over him. We went to a commercial break with Al Snow and Steve Austin standing over Mr. Perfect, Jonathan Coachman screamed that the end could be near for Rick Martel and Mr. Perfect at the Royal Rumble.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Jacobs with Bob Backlund Vs. Rocky Maivia

What a amazing match up this one was, It was probably the best match of both Jacobs' and Rocky's careers here in the WWF. It seems like the WWF is trying to push Jacobs again, His push ended in October when Sid refused to job to him resulting in Jacobs getting his ass kicked. Jacobs attacked Rocky Maivia from behind to get this one started. Rocky looked impressive here, Taking down the big man several times. Rocky even connected with a wrap around DDT, Resulting in a close near fall. Jacobs took control of this match after catching Rocky with a big boot to the face. Jacobs pounded Rocky in the corner and used chokes to the first ever third generation superstar. Backlund kept getting involved a few times, But Rocky was able to overcome. Rocky soon made the comeback and took out Jacobs with a Russian legsweep, But Jacobs was able to kick out. Rocky soon came off the top with a cross body block, And called for the Third Generation Syndrome. Rocky went for it, But Jacobs countered and Choke Slammed Rocky Maivia to score the win, And end Rocky's undefeated streak! Afterwords, Backlund stood over Maivia and laughed while Jacobs posed. Hendrix said Jacobs was his pick for the Rumble winner.

86, 79, 94 ****

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Mark Henry and Jesse James Vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Billy Gunn with Sunny

Jonathan Coachman reminded us that on Monday Night Raw, Jesse James pinned Hunter Hearst Helmsley in a non title match. And got attacked by Helmsley after the match ended. All four men started this match off in a huge brawl. Henry tossed Billy Gunn out to the floor, Over the top rope with ease while James battled Helmsley in the corner. Henry and James then both tossed Helmsley out to the floor. Helmsley and Gunn stalled for awhile on the outside, Until James and Henry went out after them and started kicking their asses on the outside. Billy and James ended up in the ring making them the legal men. Billy Gunn took out James with a vertical suplex which allowed the heels to isolate and double team James. They kept James away from Henry for several minutes and gave him a true beating. James was able to DDT Helmsley and make the hot tag to Henry. Henry came into the ring and cleaned house. Taking out both Gunn and Helmsley with a pair of clotheslines. Henry then gorilla slammed both men! Sunny tried to get involved, But Henry grabbed her and body slammed her! Gunn was able to send Henry right over the top rope with a clothesline! This lead to Gunn and Henry getting into it on the outside. Inside the ring, Helmsley went to Pedigree James, But James countered into a small package to get another win over Helmsley! After the match ended, Helmsley tried to jump James with the Intercontinental Championship, But Henry came into the ring and clotheslined Helmsley! Henry then press slammed Helmsley out to the floor right onto Billy Gunn! Henry and James stood in the ring, With James holding the Intercontinental Championship high in the air. Coachman reminded us that James is 2-0 against Helmsley.

85, 88, 80 ***

Ron Simmons is back!

Right after Henry and James leave the ring, Our cameras take us to the balcony of the arena. We see someone standing there with a microphone, It's Ron Simmons!

Ron Simmons- All you fans hollering better shut your mouths for a damn minute. All you people shut the hell up and listen to what I have to say. The crowd boos Simmons. Shut the hell up! God damned androids! All you people cheer for these fools without thinking about it. And I know you people have got to be wondering, What's there to think about? The whole World Wrestling Federation is guilty of a crime! That's right! A big crime! The whole WWF is guilty of a crime, That crime is holding me down! I been in the WWF for one year. One year. And how much TV time have I gotten? I come back from a injury, And they tell me there's no place for me in the Royal Rumble. What the hell is that suppose to mean? No space? They got room for losers like Kamala and Doink The Clown, But not me? I am a former World Champion. But nobody in the back seems to remember that. Nobody even cares that I am a former World Champion. I have been sitting on the sidelines for most of my WWF career. That's a joke. A really bad joke. Considering some of the wrestlers you got running around, I should be fighting for the damned WWF Championship. I should be at the top of the WWF mountain! But no, I been sitting at the house for most of 1996. Well, Things will be changing around here. I will be at the Royal Rumble! And since I can't be in the Royal Rumble match, I'll be free to wrestle. I'll be free to lay a beating on anyone who wants one. The WWF is a sad place. You got men running around getting everyone single one of their wishes, What about me? I will be wrestling at the Royal Rumble, Because things are going to change. I don't give a damn about what you fans want. I'm making a impact in the WWF. Anyone who wants to face a former World Champion, Accept my challenge for the Royal Rumble. And you know something? I'm gonna be at Monday Night Raw this Monday night. And if no one accepts my challenge, I'm gonna start handing out some hard punishment for the superstars of the WWF.

Ron Simmons drops his microphone down and heads out of the cameras view. We go to a commercial break with the announcers wondering what Simmons will do.

Ron Simmons debuted his new gimmick (Bad Ass), it got a positive response.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Ahmed Johnson Vs. Alex Wright with Joanie Laurer

The crowd was dead for this match, Some people were still talking about the Ron Simmons interview and or tonight's huge main event involving four of the biggest superstars in the WWF. Alex Wright tried, He tried very hard to carry Ahmed Johnson here, But Johnson was his usual self. Both men were announced as being entered in the Royal Rumble, Laurer got involved several times here. Even body slamming Ahmed Johnson out on the padded floor. Laurer even threw Johnson into the steel guardrail! Wright kept pounding Johnson and kept coming closer and closer to putting away the big man. Wright attempted the German Suplex several times, But Johnson kept fighting out of it. Late in the match, Laurer came into the ring as Wright had the referee distracted and planted Ahmed Johnson with a huge DDT, Getting a two count for Wright. Johnson made the comeback after he caught Wright with a sloppy looking powerslam. This one finished when Laurer got up on the apron, Johnson sent Wright right into her, Knocking her off the apron! Johnson quickly planted Wright with a spinebuster and scored the win! After the match ended, Laurer came into the ring and tried to go after Johnson, But Wright held her back. Johnson left the ring with Dok Hendrix saying he was scared of Laurer.

58, 53, 64 3/4*

This match suffered because the crowd were still pumped up from the last one, and so this bout was seen as something of a let-down to them.

Taka Michinoku video

Another video airs to hype the debut of Japanese sensation, Taka Michinoku. The video mostly shows him in battle, Some footage are actually from WWF House Shows, While some are from Japan. The video ends with the words "Taka is coming, Royal Rumble '97".

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The Quebecers and Brian Christopher Vs. Chavo Guerrero, D'Lo Brown and Scorpio

The crowd came alive for this six men tag team match up, The announcers announced that Brian Christopher would face Chavo Guerrero at the Royal Rumble in a special Light Heavyweight match. It's not about titles, But about pride. This one was a good six men tag team match, With lots of back fourth action by all six men. The Quebecers have really been impressive since making their return awhile back, Chavo Guerrero and Brian Christopher were great here, And their match at the Royal Rumble should be quite the battle. Scorpio and D'Lo Brown battled The Quebecers on the outside as the match came to an ending, Leaving Chavo and Christopher alone in the ring. Chavo was getting the best out of Christopher and planted Christopher with a high impact Tornado DDT. Chavo Guerrero then tried to go for his Brainbuster, But Christopher countered and put down Chavo with a front forward Russian legsweep. Christopher then headed up top, Looking for his Tennessee Jam. But Chavo got up and shook the ropes, Causing Christopher to fall down onto the ropes. This was when The Quebecers tossed both Scorpio and D'Lo right into the steel steps and steel post! The Quebecers came into the ring as Chavo was going up with Christopher, Trying a superplex. Pierre and Jacques grabbed Chavo and took him off the top turnbuckle with a double spinebuster! Christopher then came flying off the top with the Tennessee Jam to Chavo to score the win. The Quebecers and Brian Christopher then posed to celebrate their victory.

78, 73, 84 ***

Interview with Bret Hart

We go to the back where we see Bret "The Hitman" Hart standing by, There's no one with him, Bret is wearing street clothing and he looks rather serious.

Bret Hart- Last Monday night we all saw a new side to myself. A more aggressive side. A side that will once again be seen at the Royal Rumble next Sunday night. Scott Hall, Your attacks on me has taken this too far. I thought I could get a clean wrestling match from you at the Royal Rumble. I really did. But no, You had to resort to little attacks to try to put me away. Let me make something perfectly clear to you Scott Hall, I'm not just a technical wrestler. Push me too far, And you'll get the beating of a lifetime. I may not be able to use ladders like you do, But I can put up a tough fight. And in my country of Canada, I will defeat you and become a four time World Wrestling Federation Champion. Your title reign has lasted for way too long. You're nothing a WWF Champion should be. You beat up the Commissioner, Attack people with steel chairs, Taunt our fans, And cheat like a dog to keep the title. That's not what the World Wrestling Federation Champion should be about. I was a proud WWF Champion, And it makes me sick seeing you carry on the way you do. You're not a role model, The WWF has been lacking a role model ever since I lost the title at Wrestlemania XII to that little prissy. But the ten months of waiting has been well worth it. Because in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, I will walk into the Royal Rumble and defeat you for the WWF Championship. I am what the fans want. I'm the man who the fans want to see as the World Wrestling Federation Champion. I'm the man who's been in the WWF for the longest time. And I'm the man who's going to take a stand against you Scott Hall. The World Wrestling Federation needs a proud champion. A man who will stand up against all comers. Not some coward. If there was ever a time to fight, It's now. It's going to be at the Royal Rumble. They call me the excellence of execution for a reason, And you're going to find out at the Royal Rumble. Scott Hall, The Royal Rumble will be the night where your joke of a title reign will come to an end. I am the best there is, The best there was, And the best that there ever will be. And you will find out why at the Royal Rumble. There's nowhere for you to run Scott, You and I for the WWF Championship. And it's going back around my waist.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

WWF Slam Of The Week- Duke Droese's Money Compactor is enough to put away "All American" Bart Gunn! (Monday Night Raw 1/6/97)

Four Corners Match

Winner Gets #30 Spot In The Royal Rumble

The Undertaker Vs. Shawn Michaels Vs. Cactus Jack Vs. Vader

The winner will enter the Royal Rumble as #30. The crowd was divided for The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Coachman reminded us that Michaels accidentally cost Undertaker his match with Cactus Jack on Monday Night Raw, And got Choke Slammed for it. Hendrix kept wondering if it was accidental or not. Michaels and The Undertaker didn't go after each other, They didn't even get a chance to. Vader attacked Michaels while Jack went after The Undertaker. All four men brawled, With Michaels sending Vader out to the floor with a clothesline, And Undertaker tossing Jack right over the top rope. Michaels and Undertaker looked like they were going to fight, But both Vader and Jack pulled Undertaker and Michaels to the outside. It got ugly on the outside, With Vader dropping Michaels across the steel guardrail and Jack sending Undertaker into the steel steps. Vader and Jack then started fighting in the ring, Hendrix reminded us that these two feuded awhile back in some other promotion. The stuff between Jack and Vader was great, Michaels and Undertaker got into the mix and went after each other! Undertaker came close to putting Michaels away with a huge Choke Slam, But Jack was able to make the save! All four men continued coming very close to scoring the win, But in the end, It was Michaels and Jack out on the floor down and out after both men were taken out, With a Jack clothesline, Which sent both men to the outside. Vader powerbombed The Undertaker and went up top. Vader went for the moonsault, But Undertaker moved out of the way and Vader hit the canvas! The Undertaker connected with the Tombstone to Vader and covered Vader to score the win. Friday Night Mayhem went off the air with The Undertaker posing. Coachman yelled that no one could be able to stop The Undertaker at the Royal Rumble, Because he's number thirty!

94, 95, 93 ****1\4

Overall Rating- 82

TV Rating- 7.36

Notes

"Alex Wright just doesn't have what it takes at this level yet, i was forced to carry our entire match."- Ahmed Johnson

"I'd like to work with Vader if possible." -Sycho Sid

News

- Albert, Andrew Martin, Angel Jackson, Joe. E. Legend, Scott Borders, Steve Blackman and The Magician have all been sent down to USWA. The Canadian Revolution are over, But look for Jackson to be placed in a team with Phat when they are called up from USWA.