Dr. Rated-R

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

An indie album that lives up to the hype shock! A very good album that will win a lot of fans across many genres.

Kyuss - Blues For The Red Sun

A good album, but I don't love it like Welcome To Sky Valley.

Charlotte Hatherley - Bastardo (single)

A catchy gem of pop single with some fantastic lyrics.

James Brown - Greatest Hits (£3!!!)

James Brown for £3? Can't go wrong.

Smashing Pumpkins - Rotten Apples (with Bonus Disc)

I've been looking for this for years, just bought for the rareities bonus disc.

Various - Rappers Delight

Only cost me £5, bought simply for Afrika Bambaataa's Planet Rock, an essential old-school hip-hop complilation.

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Illustrated Musical Encyclopedia

I liked the cover and it was £3.

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

Suicidal Tendencies - Prime Cuts

Apocalypse Hoboken - Microstars

Avail - 3am Friday

Terrorvision - Whales and Dolphins

New Disease - Axiomatic EP

Agent Orange - Sonic Snake Session

Bad Religion - The Empire Strikes First

Yeah, I went mad and bought a load of CD's

Guest UmpireAJS

Chemical Brothers-Push the Button

Very average stuff,expected better from the Brothers

and

Fozzy-All that Remains

even though most of my friends hate it (because they hate Jericho I think),I thought it was pretty good.

Soulfly - Primitive Really liked this album before I bought it, cost £3.99 so can't complain at all

Static X - Beneath...Between...Beyond... Ok album with Static X rarities, cost £6.99

Murderdolls - Beyond the Valley of the Murderdolls Bought it because it was cheap (£3.99) and actually quite liked it.

A Perfect Circle - Emotive Not as good as Thirteenth Step in my view but still a nice album.

Sevendust - Southside Double-Wide Acoustic Live Enjoyed this live acoustic album, different way to listen to the 'dust. Expensive though.

Armor for Sleep - What to do when you are dead My friend made me buy it even though I don't like emo. Although he was right because it's one of the better CD's I've heard of the past few years, even if it is emo.

Edited by Pepsi

Picked up "Frances the Mute" for £9, absolute bargain. I haven't listened to it yet but I have high expectations, it better not let me down.

Also got "God Don't Make No Trash Or Up Your Ass With Broken Glass" by The Falcon for £2.50. Only a 12 minute EP, but it's awesome. A sort of supergroup in a way as it's a mix and match from 3 different bands (Well 2, as Todd Mohney isn't in Rise Against anymore). The recording quality is a bit iffy, but that's because it was recorded wherever and whenever, though it helps with the sound IMO. They're meant to be planning a full length release and I can't wait. However I hope, this doesn't mean there's no Alkaline Trio CD planned for anytime soon :(

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've bought loads of CD's since I last posted in here, I'll see what I can remember

Asian Dub Foundation - Community Music - Unbelievable. It's like Punk... but hip hop... but bhangra... and they're english. They supported Rage Against The Machine, and they're awesome. You need this album.

Beastie Boys - New York State Of Mind - It's a Mix Tape by DJ Green Lantern... it's alright I guess, not great. I prefer the originals, although hearing redman cover rhymin and stealin was worth the money alone, it's totally pimped out and hardcore. Worth having if you're obsessed with the Beasties (<_<)

Beastie Boys - Los Desperados - Awesome three disc bootleg of super rare beastie stuff, unfortunately there are a couple of songs that are incorrectly attributed to the beasties, and the songs vary in quality (Production wise) from awful to awesome, but it's a must have for beastie fanatics

Earth Crisis - Firestorm - It's just an EP, but it's hardcore. I need more EC stuff now

Kid Rock - Grit Sandwiches For Breakfast - Ummm, it's like Kid Rock rapping and stuff... but it's really uncomfortable to listen to, the opening track which talks about oral sex for like twenty minutes really puts me off listening to the rest of the CD

Kid Rock - Devil Without A Cause - The best kid rock Cd I've heard

Kid Rock - The History Of Rock - The second best kid rock cd I've heard

Kid Rock - Cocky - It's alright, worth having

The Offspring - The Offspring - Haven't listened to it yet

Stuck Mojo - Rising - One of the best CD's I own. it's so hard, it kicks ass. Plus DDP is in the booklet, and the WCW US title is on the cover, which multiples the cool factor. I neeeeed more SM stuff now.

Will Smith - Willenium - Fuck you, I like smith.

Wyclef Jean - Ecleftic - It's bad, real bad.

That's all I can remember.

Brian Wilson - Smile Not the masterpiece I was hoping for, but a decent enough album. It's kind of like compacting the entire Beach Boys back catalogue into one album. Improves with repeated listening.

Joy Division - Best Of It's the best of a fucking great band, so obviously it's good.

Manic Street Preachers - Know Your Enemy Shit, but it was only £1.99 so I'm not complaining. And it pads out my Manics collection.

Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic Wonderfully surreal, and more simplistic than later Lips stuff. Like a Syd Barrett for the 1990s.

Manic Street Preachers - This Is Your Truth Now Tell Me Yours A little hit-and-miss, but it's got the sublime "Born A Girl" on there, which makes up for any of the bad stuff.

In Keeping Secrects Of Silent Earth: 3 - Coheed & Cambria : Would've had bought it sooner but had some other higher priority things to buy first. I'd say, probably one of the best overall CD's I own. Every song on the album is good (specifically "Blood Red Summer", "A Favour House Atlantic" & "Three Evils") and I can't thank IAceI enough for turning me on to them back in like November.

The Official M.I.C (Make It Count) Mixtape - Royce Da 5'9 : Can't say it's the best album that Royce has put out, but it's still solid. "Buzzin'" is a great way to get the disc started and there are several other good songs on it. A definate pick up for any Royce fans but I wouldn't put it up there with his previous two attempts.

Mudvayne - Lost and Found - So far I'm really digging the CD, not as much as I like The End Of All Things To Come. It's got a different feel to TEOATTC and I absolutely love 'Choices'. Anyone who likes Mudvayne should give the whole album a listen because it's another solid effort in my book.

Slipknot - Vol III: Subliminal Verses (8 Bonus Track Edition) - I had the original printing but my cousin lost it so when I went to pick up Lost and Found I also grabbed this because it was on sale for 14.99. People=Shit (Live) and Don't Get Close are the only two bonus tracks I really like so far. The main CD still is good stuff and shows growth from Slipknot over the past few years.