Emulation

Dr. Rated-R

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat Mike Tyson in the NES game. Found it easier than doing it in the emulator, that's for sure.

And personally, I think they need to modify the law against ROMs. I mean, sure, if I make a ROM of some new game and sell it, that's one thing; but they're not SELLING the ROMs, for one, and the game company *cough*Nintendo*cough* isn't making money selling the SNES games...because they stopped making them YEARS ago!

As far as I'm concerned, if you're not making the game anymore, it should become open source. It's stupid to lock people out of really good NES/SNES games because you don't want to make them anymore...the only reason they do it that I can tell is to get people to buy Animal Crossing to get the games.

I used to be all about Roms. One day, my internet provider, Charter, mailed me and said "You have illegal software on your computer. blah blah blah, we'll cancel your internet if you don't delete these." Anyway, I guess they didn't care that I had roms just all of my Mario games. I deleted the Mario games and kept the rest. Haven't heard from them since.

I used to be all about Roms. One day, my internet provider, Charter, mailed me and said "You have illegal software on your computer. blah blah blah, we'll cancel your internet if you don't delete these." Anyway, I guess they didn't care that I had roms just all of my Mario games. I deleted the Mario games and kept the rest. Haven't heard from them since.

I've never heard of an ISP doing that before... they went through and looked at what you download?

Same thing happend to me except it was for spiderman2.

I've never heard of an ISP doing that before... they went through and looked at what you download?

In general, they have been making logs of what people have been downloading. If a users rates are insane they'll actually crack it open and find out what the scoop is.

You can thank the RIAA for that one.

If the ISP says, Hey, you have illegal content on your computer delete it or else, can't you just say, Ok. It's deleted, prove it's not.

They can't see what's on your machine, nor what you've deleted, or what you're doing. only what you download/upload..