WWE: Hollywood And Beyond

user posted image

Taped at the Augusta Civic Center, in Augusta, Maine

Attendance: 8,500

Michael Cole: "Hello folks, welcome to WWE SmackDown!, I'm Michael Cole, and this is my broadcasting partner Tazz, and boy do we have quite the show in store. Tonight, John Bradshaw Layfield will be squaring off with John Cena in what will be a classic rematch for the WWE World Title."

Tazz: "Stop it Cole! You're getting me all excited. Tonight is almost one that is gonna be too hot to handle. I mean, besides the Main Event, you've got The Dudley Boyz taking on the Big Show in a 2 on 1 bout! And Booker T will be gunning for the United States Title when he takes on Rey Mysterio!"

Michael Cole: "Yeah, but right now Rene Dupree is gonna be taking on Scotty 2 Hotty!"

Rene Dupree vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

Scotty gets caught in a high back suplex right at the start, then he gets laid out with a big sidewalk slam. Dupree covers, but Scotty manages to get a shoulder up before the 3. Scotty gets dragged into the corner by Dupree, who stomps him a few times before letting him out. Rene tries to finish things off with the Dupree Bomb- but Scotty pulls out a facebuster to save himself! Dupree gets on one knee and shakes his head, dizzied by the impact, only to be taken down with a Shining Wizard by Scotty 2 Hotty! Scotty covers, knowing that it's over, and the crowd is right behind him. 1...2...Rene kicks out! Scotty looks at the ref in disbelief, declaring he had him down for three, but it was only a two. Scotty sets up for the Worm, but Dupree catches him before he can drop the elbow, lifting him over his shoulders. He lays Scotty in the dust with a Death Valley Driver, then does the French Tickler before picking up the victory.

Winner: Rene Dupree

(68%, 67%, 70%)

As Dupree marches off, the cameras go backstage to show an angry, and somewhat anxious Cabinet. Beside them is Josh Matthews, who seems to want to know their thoughts about tonight's match.

The Cabinet Is Ready

Josh Matthews: "Um, JBL, sir, what is going through your mind right now, knowing you have a chance to regain the WWE Title later on tonight?"

JBL: "Are you an idiot? What in the hell do you think is going through my mind? I'm trying to think of where to hold my celebration ceremony after I beat that punk ass John Cena into the ground and win back what is rightfully mine.

Josh Matthews: "Well, if Cena beat you for the title, what makes you so sure you'll easily regain it, if I may ask."

JBL: "You are just that clueless, huh kid? I've got these three men behind me. Doug and Danny form the best damn tag team on this show, and Orlando is the finest Chief of Staff that you'd ever find. But that's apart from the importance. I am a wrestling GOD. You hear me? A GOD. I've beaten the likes of Eddie Guerrero, The Undertaker, Booker T, Kurt Angle and the Big Show. Not a damn man on SmackDown! has beaten me fair and square, which is why I don't have the WWE Championship, because that damn Cena kid cheated me out. But damnit, tonight I'll be the WWE Champion once again, and there ain't a damn thing anyone is gonna do about it."

The Cabinet members march off with JBL in lead, as Josh Matthews gives them a look of disgust.

(69%)

Tazz: "Well it's always good to see some confidence!"

Michael Cole: "All I saw was shrewd cockiness. We'll be back in a few, and when we return we will see Booker T take on Rey Mysterio for the United States Championship!"

WWE United States Championship

Booker T vs. Rey Mysterio ©

Booker T tries to pin Mysterio in the corner, but the small United States Champion slips out from under him and catches him in a Victory Roll pin that nearly ends the match. Booker recovers and backs into a corner as Rey hops back and forth, with the crowd already chanting his name. Booker charges at Rey with a stiff right shoulder, knocking the 5'6'' Mysterio down to the mat. Booker lands on Rey with a axehandle chop. Booker covers, but can't get more than a two count. Booker complains to Nick Patrick, the official in this match, but it does him no good. Booker shrugs it off, then brings Rey to his feet. He whips Rey to the ropes as if to set up for a clothesline, but instead he hits a massive Axe Kick that sends Rey tumbling to the outside! Booker follows as Rey holds his head in pain.

Once on the outside, Booker lands a few kicks to the midsection of Mysterio, backing him up into the corner of the security railing. Booker taunts the crowd now, claiming that he'll be winning the title tonight. Booker brings Mysterio to his feet and tries sending him into the ring post, but Rey reverses sending the former 5 time WCW Champion into the the metal, face first! Booker falls like a sack of potatoes, as Rey catches a breath. Rey finally regains his energy, and sends Booker back inside. Once both men are back on the inside, Rey works on Booker's arm that seemed to have been banged up when he collided with the ring post. Rey applies an armbar, and keeps it on tight, giving Booker a level of pain.

Rey soon lets go however, as the Bookman shows no signs of tapping out.

Both men return to their feet, as the match hits the eight minute mark. With the fans strongly behind him, Mysterio lunges at Booker T, but Booker catches him in a flapjack, sending Rey right into Nick Patrick! Rey dizzily gets back to his feet in confusion of what has taken place, but not for long as Booker plants Rey onto the canvas with the Book End! Things seem to be under Booker's control, until Eddie Guerrero slides in the ring behind him! The fans go crazy as Booker turns around and gets decked with a few rights and lefts from Guerrero! Eddie takes Booker down with a clothesline- then goes sky high and nails him with the Frog Splash! Eddie revives both Rey and the referee, and then takes off, allowing Rey to get the pinfall thanks to some help from Eddie Guerrero!

Winner, and still WWE United States Champion: Rey Mysterio

(82%, 85%, 76%)

The United States Title has gained in image.

Michael Cole: "Eddie Guerrero just got his payback on Booker T!"

Tazz: "And payback's a bitch."

The Champ Is HERE!

While Rey Mysterio celebrates his title defense, cameras go elsewhere. The parking lot is shown, where a large black pickup arrives. Out steps John Cena, the WWE Champion! He smiles, then walks towards the arena as SmackDown! heads to a commercial!

(86%)

Charlie Haas vs. Nunzio

SmackDown! returns with Charlie Haas and Nunzio engaged in a tie-up at ring's center. Haas hits a Northern Lights Suplex following the tie up that lands in a pin, but Haas can only get a two. Nunzio fires back with a hurricane DDT, but he too can only get a two count. Little Guido, ahem, Nunzio makes an attempt to hit the Arriverderci, but Haas manages to block the attempt. Nunzio dodges clothesline, but he isn't able to dodge a wicked superkick from Haas, putting him parallel to the canvas. But Haas signals he isn't finished- yet. Instead of going for the pinfall, Haas locks on the Haas of Pain, forcing Nunzio to submit, giving Haas the win.

Winner, via submission: Charlie Haas

(70%, 50%, 91%)

Nunzio is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

That's Not Cool

Teddy Long, SmackDown's GM is shown backstage in his office, sorting out some papers. Before long, Carlito and Jesus march in, Carlito of course is halfway through an apple, while Jesus has a bunch of papers in his hand.

Carlito: "Theodore, I'm sure you remember Jesus, my bodyguard. Of course, he hasn't been around for a while because that John Cena punk took him out in Armageddon."

Long: "I remember Jesus alright, but what brings you two here?"

Carlito: "Jesus is ready to wrestle again, but he needs your reinstation signature."

Long: "Well let me tell you something playa! I just got off the phone with Jesus' doctor, and he said that Jesus is NOT ready to compete in the ring yet. Now I don't know what you two are trying to pull here, but I am not signing that paper, belie dat."

Carlito's face flushes as red as his apple, showing his discontent for the GM.

Carlito: "You know something, Teddy? I try, I really try with you, and you feed me dirt. That's not cool. You're gonna pay, you just watch."

Carlito and Jesus leave in an angry mood, as Teddy Long just laughs off Carlito's threat.

(63%)

Jesus gained 3 points of overness from this segment. Theodore Long debuted his new gimmick (People's Boss), and it got a negative response.

Michael Cole: "Carlito isn't going to get his way by threatening, because I know that our GM isn't going to succumb to any threats by a degenerate like him."

Tazz: "I dunno Cole, if I were Long, I'd start taking things seriously."

Michael Cole: "We'll see how things turn out. Stay tuned folks, because we've got a handicap match up next, and soon, JBL will try to win back the WWE Title in his match with John Cena!"

Handicap Match

Big Show vs. The Dudley Boyz

The 500 pound giant gets ready to take on the boys from Dudleyville, who come out without little brother Spike Dudley. The match will be a traditional 2 on 1 contest, with both Bubba Ray and D-Von in the ring at the same time. Right away, the Dudleyz try to clothesline the giant Big Show, but they get clotheslines instead. Show tosses Bubba to the outside and works on D-Von one on one. He nails D-Von with a big boot, then, using his brute strength, throws D-Von over the ropes military press style, causing him to crash right into Bubba. The Big Show does his classic taunt to the crowd, proving to the Dudley Boyz that he is one big obstacle.

Show continues to parade around in the ring, while the Dudley Boyz regroup on the outside. They slide in behind him, and take him out at the knees, sending him to the mat. As soon as he falls, each Dudley grabs a leg and applies a submission hold, bringing Big Show double the pain! He doesn't give up, though, he instead kicks both of the Dudleyz off of him with amazing power, and once again returns to his feet. Show straps a hand around D-Von's throat, ready to Choke Slam him into oblivion. Bubba tries to stop him, but Big Show puts his large right hand on Bubba, and then delivers a double Show Stopper! Show covers D-Von, but Bubba saves him in the nick of time.

Bubba continues his assault on the 7 foot monster, hitting him with jabs and kicks. D-Von recovers and joins the attack, as he assists his brother in hitting Show with a flapjack. Bubba pins Show, but it's not enough to put him down. Bubba decides that it's time to go oldschool, as he sends D-Von to the top rope. He props up Big Show's legs, and D-Von takes off, hitting the Wazzup! D-Von covers, but still, Show is able to kick out, with excessive force in fact. D-Von is sent flying after Show uses all his weight to push him off before the three. Show gets back to his feet, but the Dudleyz get right back on the offensive before he can do anything.

Show tries to fight the Dudleyz, but it's no use. He's whipped to the ropes, then planted with the 3D, and covered, 1-2-3, as the Dudleyz pick up a victory over the same man that injured them by sending them through a pile of tables in 2004.

Winners: The Dudley Boyz

(75%, 75%, 73%)

Michael Cole: "The Dudley Boyz are back Tazz, and boy, are they looking better than ever."

Tazz: "No one knows the Dudleyz like I do, and I know for sure they are back in fighting form."

Michael Cole: "It seems that way. But up next, is something certainly anyone won't want to miss. JBL takes on John Cena for the WWE Title, next!

The tale of the tape is shown, displaying information about JBL and Cena.

JBL : Name : JOHN CENA

HOUSTON, TX : From : WEST NEWBURY, MA

6'6''/290 LBS : Height/Weight : 6'3''/260 LBS

CLOTHESLINE FROM HELL : Finisher : F-U/FIVE KNUCKLE SHUFFLE

WWE CHAMPION, 3-TIME TAG CHAMPION : Titles Held : 3-TIME US CHAMPION, WWE CHAMPION

WWE World Championship

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. John Cena ©

JBL makes his way to the ring, with neither his Secretaries of Defense, the Bashams, or his Chief Of Staff, Orlando Jordan. John Cena appears on stage to a large ovation from the crowd, as he holds his WWE Title on his shoulder proudly. Cena starts off by taunting JBL, waving his hand in front of his face with the traditional "You Can't See Me" bit. JBL keeps an eye on Cena as he removes his hat and coat and gives them to referee Charles Robinson, who will be officiating the contest.

JBL and Cena get into a staredown, but things get underway after Cena hits JBL with a right hand, followed by some jabs to the midsection. Cena works JBL into the corner, and unleashes a flurry of punches. After the beating, Cena nails JBL with a bulldog, and makes a pin, but it's only worth two. After the pin try, Cena tries to flatline JBL with a DDT, but JBL spears him into the turnbuckle. Now in control, JBL smacks Cena around a bit, before nailing him with a underhook suplex for a close call. JBL gets in Cena's face and chokes him, yelling all sorts of degrading obscenity in his ear. JBL lets off of Cena before Robinson disqualifies him, however, leaving Cena gasping for air. The former WWE Champion of 9 months brings Cena to his feet, and hits a couple of stiff uppercuts. He goes for a third, but Cena blocks and begins chipping back at him!

Cena turns the tables with his offensive flareup, and before long he is able to hit the Throwback! Cena wants to cover, but the Basham Brothers come rushing down to the ring, with Doug and Danny jumping up on different aprons. But Cena spares no time in taking both them out, sending them to the outside! Cena returns to his opponent, but before he can even notice, JBL has him in a small package, tights and all! Robinson makes the count, not aware of JBL's doing! 1...2...Cena just BARELY kicks out! JBL can't believe it but he didn't get the job done, and complaining to the referee won't change anything. JBL covers Cena again, but he kicks out before Robinson can even get to two.

JBL gets up and stalks Cena, who slowly gets to his feet. Cena turns around, as JBL swings in full force, looking to put Cena out with the Clothesline From Hell, but he ducks, and hits a high knee to the face of JBL on the rebound! Cena riles up the fans, then plants the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Layfield! Cena drops on top of JBL, and hooks the leg, but the maneuver is not enough, as JBL kicks out. Cena experiences some disbelief of his own, as he is unsure of how JBL managed to find his way out of that one. JBL staggers to his feet, with a faraway look in his eyes. It seems that JBL may be not 100% in the match at this point. He charges at Cena sloppily, but Cena catches him and puts him on his shoulders! He gets ready to deliver the F-U, but the Bashams reappear on the apron! However, before Cena can get to them, the ref does, eliminating the authority present in the match.

Cena nails the F-U regardless, but as he turns to redirect the referee, Charles Robinson, his brains are redirected by a chair shot from Orlando Jordan! The fans shower Jordan with boos, but nothing can be done as the Chief Of Staff slides out of the ring while JBL slowly crawls over to Cena, and drapes his arm over him! Conviently enough, the Bashams drop from the apron, allowing Robinson to get back to the match.

Michael Cole: "No, it can't be! Not this way! Not this way!"

Tazz: "We're gonna have a new WWE Champion Cole!"

Robinson looks at mess, with JBL slumped over the unconscious Joh Cena, and the steel chair to the right of them. However, instead of making the count, he grabs a hold of JBL and brings him to his feet, and begins to question him about the chair! This brings in Orlando Jordan, who tries to explain the situation. But it's clear to referee Robinson what took place, so he throws the match out, declaring the KO'ed Cena the winner by disqualification!

Winner, via disqualification and still WWE Champion: John Cena

(80%, 83%, 74%)

JBL is bewildered by the fact that he has failed to regain the WWE Championship, as Orlando Jordan tries to soothe him. But JBL doesn't take well to the efforts- as he puts his Chief of Staff into next week with the Clothesline From Hell! The Bashams enter the ring and try to restrain their distraught boss, but nothing can satisfy JBL, as he pushes them away and leaves the ring in anger.

Michael Cole: "Woah! JBL just laid out his Chief of Staff, and John Cena is still the WWE World Champion! JBL doesn't look sane right now, and Orlando Jordan doesn't seem to be in a healthy state either!"

JBL slowly makes his way up the entrance ramp in misery while the Bashams stare at eachother, wondering what the hell just happened, as SmackDown! fades to black...

Show Overall: 72%

The WWE HotLine (Saturday, April 16th, 2005) (From www.sickbump.com)

Velocity Preview For Tonight

Velocity promises the best it can deliver for tonight, a night that includes a Cruiserweight Title match when Funaki defends his gold against Shannon Moore! And in tag team action, Chavo Guerrero and Paul London will take on Billy Kidman and Spike Dudley! And don't miss all the recaps from Thursday's explosive SmackDown! that ended with JBL taking out his Chief Of Staff with a Clothesline From Hell! Velocity comes to you tonight at 10/9c, so make sure you tune in!

Hardcore Holly Injured At House Show

On Wednesday during a Providence house show, Hardcore Holly apparently broke his nose in a match with Daniel Puder, when he collided with the ring post on the outside. The injury is said to be minor, as Holly is expected to be only out of action for two weeks. This must be some retribution for workers like Rene Dupree and Charlie Haas, who have been injured in the past as a result of Holly's stiff work, some of which was done purposely.

New Backlash Match Announced

Yesterday it was put up on the WWE Backlash site that Rosey and Hurricane will be trying their luck again, as they will face La Resistance for the Tag Team Titles. This match is said to serve only as a filler, so don't expect much out of it, and don't expect a title change, either.

user posted image

Taped at the Augusta Civic Center, in Augusta, Maine

Attendance: 8,500

A hype video plays, going over the WWE World Title match on SmackDown!, where John Cena retained via DQ, which resulted in JBL attacking his Chief Of Staff, Orlando Jordan. (81%)

Chavo Guerrero and Paul London defeated Spike Dudley and Billy Kidman when Kidman missed the SSP on Chavo, allowing Paul London to sneak in a 450 Splash, getting the win for himself and Chavo. (70%, 61%, 80%)

A rather odd segment aired when Al Snow randomly appeared at ringside and conveniently met with Sarah Matravers, who is famous appearing on fashion shows and doing model work. (73%)

Al Snow gained one point of overness from this segment.

Rey Mysterio defeated Daniel Puder in a non-title match rather easily with the 619, but when Mysterio went to congratulate Puder on his efforts, he began to have a temper tantrum, reminding us all of Christian in early 2002. (73%, 69%, 77%)

Following the match, Carlito Carribean Cool entered the ring with Jesus, and delivered quite the verbal beating on Teddy Long, calling him a poor General Manager, and saying he was a poor decision maker. He ended his little interview by saying that Long will face consequences for his actions. (72%)

In the final match of the night, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Funaki defended successfully against Shannon Moore, winning with a Missile Dropkick from the top rope. After the match, the two shook hands to a minor pop from the crowd. (63%, 44%, 83%)

Before the show ended, Josh Matthews thanked us for watch, and told us not to order Backlash. Kinda odd, because as lame as it was, it might convince a few people not to.

Show Overall: 72%

BREAKING NEWS STORY - APRIL 17TH, 2005

The WWE has released a group of superstars, after the lockerroom morale of some of the big names on RAW and SmackDown! was decreasing after receiving less air time in the past few weeks. But this isn't the only blockbuster. Also, you should expect the WWE to end it's contract with Spike TV for Velocity, as it seems that the more shows they have, the more of a negative effect it has on it's workers. Here is the list of superstars let go as of one hour ago.

"Hiroko" Suzuki

Kenzo Suzuki

Mark Henry

Tyson Tomko

Viscera

The WWE has also given a minor demotion to two superstars, from the RAW brand. Chris Jericho and Randy Orton have been told they will be used in the main event very little, as things became a little too crowded. RAW wants to focus on four superstars, those being HHH, Batista, Chris Benoit and Shawn Michaels, while SmackDown! will be based around Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, Booker T, and Kurt Angle.

• 7 months later...