Music People Wouldn't Expect You To Listen To

tristy

Guest Ringmaster

That he is, still doesn't mean that I gotta listen to Fly Me To The Moon an insane amount of times per day.

Although, yeah, Frank was badass, anyone who would have his underwear custom-made because the ones sold in stores didn't have enough room is a living legend by me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna have to admit that it would be a little bit of Maroon 5. Whenever I hear them, the song I hear gets stuck in my head all day for some reason, strange. So I like them a little bit.

Also, I would have to agree with Timberlake. His non-N Sync stuff isn't that bad and shows some maturity and that he can actually be popular amongst the others, instead of just teeny bopping girls.

Eazy E, NWA, Ice Cube, etc. along with nearly anything from the 80's. In fact, most of the time I wish I could have been born around the mid 1960s to early 1970s in order to have experienced my teenage years throughout the 1980s.

What I would give to be a 15 year old in 1983 living in the bay area...or in the later 80's living in SoCal...man.

Also, the new Good Charlotte song is catchy as fuck.

So is Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne. Although, I must pose a question; if Fountains of Wayne are "in love with Stacy's mom" as they say, and my aunt is Stacy, does that mean Fountains of Wayne are in love with my grandma? Because that's creepy.

Well, I guess it depends how you define "people" in this case. Most of my friends know that I listen to pretty much anything, and know the main bands I like, so they're generally not too surprised.

When I had my hair long, a lot of people expected me to listen to nothing but metal, so they tended to be quite surprised when I stuck on a Smiths CD.

I think the main ones, though, would be dance music, the Stray Cats, Alex Parks and Frank Sinatra.

Oh and Serge Gainsbourg and Edith Piaf...they're kind of a guilty pleasure.

Hmmm beside from Reggae/Dub which everyone probably should have gathered already :P i also have to admit to being a Norah Jones fan, i'm also into electronica like Crystal Method, Vangelis, Asian Dub Foundation (do they count?), various types of heavy metal, particularly thrash & death metal, The Haunted, Brujeria, old-school Sepultura, Nailbomb, Devolved, and Isis, anyone heard of them? No idea what catergory of metal they'd go into. I also like Bjork, not sure what genre she would be classed as either. And thanks to the GTA games, i'm starting to get more into rap as well, Ruff Ryders, NWA, Ice-Cube, stuff like that.

I'm also a big fan of 70s folk, namely bob dylan, and psych-rock, The Doors, The Beatles, John Lennon, and um, that's all i can think of at the moment :)

Isis rule. Thier last two albums were easily some of the best albums of the year they were released.

If you like Isis, Kaya, you might like Cult Of Luna, who play a similar style, but just a little heavier.

Most people are suprised when they hear I listen to people like Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, Nightwish right down to The Offspring. Basically almost all kinds of metal right down to the poppier modern punk stuff. I guess people think I'm some sort of S Club freak, just because I know most of the dance moves :shifty:

I love my Madonna and Michael Jackson music. Most stuff from the 80's I actually like to be honest. Alot of the English stuff from then because it's got that typical English feel to it, like "Our house, in the middle of our street". Huge fan of Avril Lavigne too but all my mates know that I worship her by now. For some reason I'm into alot of old Soul and Motown music too, mainly because my Mum is always playing it and it grows on you. Into tonnes of Rock music too, I think bands like Coldplay, Darkness, Linkin Park and Evanescence are awesome. Not to mention the tonnes of Rap music I like, so yeah I like nearly all music minus that piece of shit they call Dance music.

If you spoke to me you'd learn I love all sorts of music. Just by looking at me though you'd probably put me down to liking Rock music probably.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Aargh. Don't lump Coldplay into that sentence of shite.

I have a self confessed soft spot for Duran Duran and the superbness that is Crowded House. As well as the underdogs of mid-90's Britpop like Shed Seven, Mansun, Menswe@r, Sleeper and the Bluetones.

Edited by Colly

At school, people aren't surprised by what I hear, since I can go from Rammstein to Soft-jazz-rock like Jaco Pastorius'. But the CD some people were surprised that I had was Blink 182.