Songs about the media

Guest Antonio

Guest Cool Xtreme Douche

Reznor smashes glass plates with images of Courntey Love, Corgan, Manson, and the others Tristof mentioned but if you watch the video he also smashes a plate with his own image on it. So I don't think he is necessarily bashing Corgan or any of the others. Also the video was directed by Manson and in the end Manson was the lady that was going to give Reznor a blow job so if the song and vid are bashing Manson why's he appearing in it and directing it? I don't think people understand Starfuckers, Inc. and I think all this about it bashing Manson and Love and the others was just something invented on the internet. I don't remember Trent ever stating that this was so. Also I don't think it's a horrible song. End of rant only two people will give a shit about.

Reception Fades by Rise Against

It's not actually about the media, but the lyrics can be interpreted that way if you really think about it.

Watch The Right by Anti-Flag can kinda pass for being about the media I guess, though it's actually about the government and the feds and so forth, like most Anti-Flag songs. But the opening line itself could make it seem like it has something to do with the media. "It’s on the radio, it’s on the TV news...". Hell, I doubt anyone will even be able to understand the rest of the song, save for that line and possibly the chrous.

Reznor smashes glass plates with images of Courntey Love, Corgan, Manson, and the others Tristof mentioned but if you watch the video he also smashes a plate with his own image on it.  So I don't think he is necessarily bashing Corgan or any of the others.  Also the video was directed by Manson and in the end Manson was the lady that was going to give Reznor a blow job so if the song and vid are bashing Manson why's he appearing in it and directing it?  I don't think people understand Starfuckers, Inc. and I think all this about it bashing Manson and Love and the others was just something invented on the internet.  I don't remember Trent ever stating that this was so.  Also I don't think it's a horrible song.  End of rant only two people will give a shit about.

Manson and Reznor had a falling out in 98/early 99 I believe. They patched things up and Manson directed the Starfuckers video in late 99/early 2000.

Corgan and Reznor, on the other hand, despise each other. I've heard rumors it being about Tori Amos, but the prominent rumor is it's about Courtney Love. Everyone knows Corgan is the only reason Courtney still had a career after Kurt died since Billy wrote almost all of her songs. I don't know if anyone really knows what was up, but the Corgan/Love relationship had something to do with it. In fact, as I just researched it a bit more, Corgan and Love were a couple and I'm pretty sure Love and Reznor were something at one time.

I do remember Love going on Howard Stern claiming Trent Reznor had the smallest dick she'd ever seen and talking all kinds of trash, but she was of course in a non-sober state. I also remember Hole and Manson touring together and Hole walking off the tour, so I'm sure her relationship with Manson was a pretty rocky one. Basically, as far as I can tell, Courtney Love is a drunken/stoned whore, Billy Corgan is a prick (a genius prick though), and Manson and Reznor don't like either one of them. I don't know how Manson and Reznor get along these days, but I'm sure they get along better than they do with Corgan.

Edited by Zero

The appropriately titled "Media Blitz" by the Germs.

I've got television

I've got supervision

No decisons for you

Media blitz-media Blitz

Immediate hits-we rule

Don't steal your eyes off the TV screen

Can you realize we're what we've seen

Take an injection from the mad machine

Don't read the papers read between the lines

We're vision rapers and we seed the signs

You'll play your part in the master mind

We feed the science

We deal in riots

We play by ideal time

We're a gov'ment fix

All social convicts

Watch the idle rhymes

[Chorus]

Bleed your heart out-that's all it's worth

Before you ever start-we planned it first

Forget the truth-accept your curse

Also, the song "Turn on the News" by Husker Du could fit the criteria.

If there's one thing that I can't explain

Is why the world has to have so much pain

With all the ways of communicating

We can't get in touch with who we're hating

So turn on turn on turn on the news

I hear it every day on the radio

Somebody shoots a guy he don't even know

Airplanes falling out of the sky

A baby is born and another one dies

Highways fill with refugees

Doctors finding out about disease

With all this uptight pushing and shoving

That keeps us away from who we're loving

Manson and Reznor had a falling out in 98/early 99 I believe.  They patched things up and Manson directed the Starfuckers video in late 99/early 2000.

Corgan and Reznor, on the other hand, despise each other.  I've heard rumors it being about Tori Amos, but the prominent rumor is it's about Courtney Love.  Everyone knows Corgan is the only reason Courtney still had a career after Kurt died since Billy wrote almost all of her songs.  I don't know if anyone really knows what was up, but the Corgan/Love relationship had something to do with it.  In fact, as I just researched it a bit more, Corgan and Love were a couple and I'm pretty sure Love and Reznor were something at one time.

I do remember Love going on Howard Stern claiming Trent Reznor had the smallest dick she'd ever seen and talking all kinds of trash, but she was of course in a non-sober state.  I also remember Hole and Manson touring together and Hole walking off the tour, so I'm sure her relationship with Manson was a pretty rocky one.  Basically, as far as I can tell, Courtney Love is a drunken/stoned whore, Billy Corgan is a prick (a genius prick though), and Manson and Reznor don't like either one of them.  I don't know how Manson and Reznor get along these days, but I'm sure they get along better than they do with Corgan.

I used to know quite a few, but my minds gone blank. Just look through some Pennywise, Propagandhi and Strike Anywhere songs and you're bound to find a few about the media.

One song which could be seen as being about the media is "Mind of My Own" by Strung Out. Though it is more about people being like sheep and following what others say and do, and people are losing individuality.