The Vines

Guest Anti-Hero

Guest Iron Mary

This hasn't been reported at any news sites, so I thought I would. For those who aren't Australians, Triple M is Sydney's only rock-only station and probably the largest supporters of Sydney-based band The Vines. Triple M frequently runs what they call "Garage Sessions", where Triple M listeners get to see a band play live for them at Triple M HQ. The Thursday May 27 concert was The Vines.

Triple M has dropped all support for The Vines following their behaviour during their Garage Session. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but apparently there was a rift between the band members during the mini-gig, and it led to the band insulting the listeners in attendance. Triple M has dropped all support for The Vines, probably costing them their biggest Australian radio supporter, and Triple M will no longer play any music by the band.

I know my report is nowhere near 100% accurate, but it is all that I have heard is... wait... I'm listening to the radio and they just made mention of Craig Nicholls slagging off so many fans during the whole show, and they just played a bunch of listener complaints about the show. Then, the voice-over guy for the apology ad said: "Triple M apologizes to any of the listeners offended by The Vines. If you'd like to hear The Vines, just wait about... 6 months, when they'll probably be saying: <McDonald's voice> "Would you like fries with that?""

^Well there we go... got there in the end. Fuck them.

Yeah, also when Kerrang magazine interviewed them a while back Craig Nicholls apparently acted like a stuck-up little twat.

It would be OK if their music was any good, but it's not.

Edited by Darloboy

I like their harder stuff, like "Ride", "Get Free", and "Outtathaway!", but their slower stuff sux! They can't do ballads.

But honestly, if you are going to piss on them for being rude to fans, you have to do the same to every band that has ever insulted their fans, and there have been plenty.

But honestly, if you are going to piss on them for being rude to fans, you have to do the same to every band that has ever insulted their fans, and there have been plenty.

Gladly. A nice, large finger to Axl Rose for throwing tantrums, Glenn Dazing for being a whiny bitch about The Misfits, and Sonny Sandoval for being a prick to anybody that isn't Rolling Stone, MTV, or Spin.

After seeing them at Northumbria uni two years ago, I can confirm that Hamish and Patrick are both absolutely quality. After the show we wandered off to get a pizza, and when we came back the two of them were outside signing autographs. We chatted to them for ten-fifteen mins, mainly the girl we were with asking 'wheres Craig', and it was obvious theres some animosity towards him. Aparently he had locked himself in some room backstage with a load o booze and refused to come and meet fans. They are a quality live band though.

In conclusion, The Vines are not dickheads, but Craig is.

Edit: 100 posts! On the new board!

Edited by Colly