Classic Championship Wrestling

As fans tune in on a lazy Saturday evening at primetime, a logo comes up on the black screen. It shows two wrestlers grappling. Then it says Classics Are Better under the logo. It shows clips of the last show and pictures of the wrestlers. We are shown the announcing booth where Jesse “The Body” Ventura and Mike Johnson are sitting. Their names flash under them.

Mike Johnson: Americana was one hell of the show, right Jesse?

Jesse “The Body” Ventura: You may only address me as “The Body” or Mr. Ventura.

Johnson mutters something under his breath.

Ventura: What did you just say?

Johnson: Nothing.

Ventura: Didn’t sound like nothing.

Some country music hits and Alan Funk walks out. He’s wearing a cowboy hat and is attired in some trunks that resemble some older Jeff Jarrett trunks. He strums a lick or two on the guitar but the fans boo him. He frowns at their lack of appreciation for his music and rolls into the ring. He hands his hat and guitar to the ref, who throws them outside without much care. Funk doesn’t seem to be very pleased.

Some rap music hits and Mabel walks out. He does a rapper stance and gets a pop. B-Squared is noticeably absent.

Johnson: B-Squared is at home right now, nursing his injuries from the main event of Classic Wrestling 4.

Ventura: What a wuss. Alan Funk is twice the man he is.

Mabel slaps some fans’ hands and gets into the ring. Funk cowers in the corner as Mabel taunts to the fans. The ref rings the bell.

Mabel vs. Alan Funk

Mabel’s back is turned and Funk attacks him from behind. Funk gives him a couple of forearms to the back and then to the head. Mabel gets up and Alan knees him in the stomach. The country music star runs to the ropes and attempts a clothesline. Mabel gives him a look and Funk tries another one, again unsuccessful. Funk tries a crossbody this time. Mabel catches him effortlessly and delivers a fallaway slam. Mabel toys with fun a bit more before powerslamming him then delivering the Big Splash for the win.

Winner: Mabel

As Mabel celebrates his victory, Jake “The Snake” makes his way down to the ring. Mabel is facing the other way, and is unaware that Roberts has just slid into the ring. Roberts delivers a lowblow then a DDT. Funk gets up and Jake gives him a disgusted look. Funk shrugs. They get Mabel up and Alan, with help from Jake, delivers a Piledriver. They stomp him a bit more as we fade to commercials.

Johnson: Heinous actions by Jake Roberts and Alan Funk!

Ventura: I bet B-Squared wishes he was here right now. Too bad.

Ventura chuckles.

The Classic-Tron flashes and we are shown Lotto Money’s office. His head is down and he is playing with several wrestler figures. Billy delivers the Fame-Ass-Er and pins Kidman. Lotto glances up and sees that he is on television. He knocks them off the table and his embarassed face turns into a serious one.

Lotto Money: I’ve got a huge announcement. I have decided that the outcome of Americana’s main event was not in the best interests of the fans.

There are cheers heard.

Lotto Money: So I’ve booked a tag team match. Rikishi and Jim Fullington….

The crowd boos.

Lotto Money: Will face Jim Duggan and Tatanka…

The cheers are louder now.

Lotto Money: On next week’s edition of Classic Wrestling…

The crowd boos, realizing that they won’t see the huge match-up. We fade out as Lotto Money smiles and picks up his wrestler figures.

Johnson: Wow. Next week, we have a huge main event. Will the outcome be different this time?

Ventura: Of course not.

Commercials

We return from commercial to see that Norman Smiley is already in the ring. He does the Big Wiggle once to please the fans but looks serious.

Johnson: Smiley hasn’t had much luck lately.

Ventura: I can’t remember the last time he got a win.

Tiger Ali Singh’s music, a catchy beat, hits and he walks down to the ring, a cocky look on his face. He slides in and extends his hand to Smiley. Norman looks at the crowd, then blasts Singh in the face.

Tiger Ali Singh vs. Norman Smiley

Singh gets close to the ropes, holding his nose. Smiley doesn’t give him a moment to rest and goes right after him. Smiley uses a variety of arm-wrenching moves the cinches in the sleeper. Singh gets to the ropes. Tiger bails out of the ring and is chased by a relentless Smiley. Tiger slides into the ring and is followed closely by Norman Smiley. Tiger Ali Singh blasts him in the head with a martial arts kick. Tiger repeatedly punches “Screaming” Norman in the head. Smiley rises and powerslams Tiger as Singh ran at him from the ropes. Norman sets up behind Singh for the Norman Conquest. He latches it on but before he can force the undefeated Singh down, Tiger Ali counters by lowblowing Smiley with his foot. This is missed by the ref, who was out of position. From there, Singh delivers a Reverse Neckbreaker and covers Norman for the 3.

Winner: Tiger Ali Singh

Singh celebrates by booting Smiley several times and then exiting the ring.

Johnson: Tiger Ali Singh cheats his way to victory again this week.

Ventura: He sure is resourceful.

The Classic-Tron flashes again and we turn our attention to it. Lotto Money is shown, grinning widely.

Lotto: I thought long and hard about it and decided that these fans deserve to see a title match. So tonight….we will see the Demolition defend their Doubles titles against the team of Mark Henry and Rodney Mack. Thank you, that’s all.

The fans cheer. But Johnson doesn’t seem to share their enthusiasm.

Johnson: This doesn’t smell right. Why should the Demolition defend their titles tonight against Rodney Mark and Mark Henry after their tough match against Kyo Dai?

Ventura: It doesn’t smell at all. Our boss just wants to give the fans what they want to see.

We fade out and are brought into the locker room. There is a conversation going on. We get a good look and find out that it’s Rikishi and Jim Fullington. Fullington is staring into space as Rikishi talks to him.

Rikishi: You can’t even imagine how important you match with Tatanka tonight is. Super important. You can’t even begin to understand.

Rikishi pauses and shines his gold.

Rikishi: Tonight, your job is to take out that Native American loser. Once he’s been dealt with, we can destroy has-been Jim Duggan. Do you understand?

Fullington nods, a bit irritated.

Rikishi: I want nothing left of Tatanka but memories. I don’t want him to be able wrestle next week, or the week after that. I want him eliminated.

Fullington nods and a sick smile crosses both employer and employee’s face.

Johnson: Tatanka is in trouble.

Commercials

We return to the show as Jim Fullington is making his way down to the ring. Rikishi is beside him, his mouth moving but the words are not understandable because of the loud booming music. Fullington nods steadily and gets into the ring. He looks focused but Rikishi seems worried.

Johnson: Fullington’s sole mission is to make sure Tatanka doesn’t make it to next week.

Ventura: I think Fullington will complete it with ease.

Some tribal Native American music plays and Tatanka makes his way to the ring. He has the traditional headdress and poses as the fans cheer. Rikishi attacks him as he gets close to the ring. Rikishi whips him into the stairs and throws him into the ring. The ref rings the bell, starting the contest.

Tatanka vs. Jim Fullington

Fullington delivers a leg drop and then goes for an early cover. Tatanka powers out and fights back with lefts and rights. Fullington nearly takes the Native American’s head off with a clothesline. He slams him and delivers a stiff elbow drop. He grabs Tatanka but the Native American warrior pushes his hand away and clotheslines Jim. Fullington bounces off the ropes and hits a clothesline, but it doesn’t faze Tatanka or knock him down. He tries again and the same situation results. The third time he tries, Tatanka ducks the attempt. Fullington stops and looks around. Tatanka turns him around forcefully and slams him. Tatanka hit several more clotheslines, one knocking Fullington to the floor. Rikishi slips into the ring as the ref is looking at Jim Fullington. He sets up and delivers a super kick to Tatanka’s jaw. Fullington, meanwhile, recovers and slides in. He covers Tatanka. 1…2…3? No, Tatanka kicks out at the last second. Rikishi looks shocked. Fullington picks Tatanka up and delivers a devastating backbreaker. He turns it into a submission but Tatanka replies by booting him in the slide of the head. Fullington gets up and charges at the Native American warrior. Tatanka sidesteps Fullington and in one quick motion, deposits the bodyguard on the floor. Fullington lands on Rikishi. Both men get up. Fullington goes to the other side of the ring and grabs a chair. Tatanka delivers a baseball slide, sending the chair into the bodyguard’s face. Tatanka runs to the ropes, preparing for a plancha but Rikishi grabs his legs. The ref leaves the ring and sends the champion out. Rikishi leaves, reluctantly. Fullington, meanwhile, slides in the ring and nails a bicycle kick. He has the win but the ref is still distracted with the Icon champion. Fullington yells at the ref to come back and count the win. The ref does return to the ring. Fullington turns around is caught in a samoan drop. Tatanka doesn’t drop him. Instead, he climbs the ropes and delivers the samoan drop from the top. Tatanka covers. 1…2…3.

Winner: Tatanka

Tatanka raises his arms in triumph, then leaves the ring wearily.

Johnson: Tatanka dodged that bullet. Looks like next week’s main event is still on.

The camera goes black and we return backstage. Hiroki is shown, talking in hushed tone with Kyo Dai.

Hiroki: So you know the plan?

Both members nod.

Hiroki: Good. Tonight, we will finish what we set out to do.

Hiroki pauses and then is about to say something else when Sakoda stands up. He points over her shoulder at the camera man. Kyo Dai approach the camera man, who runs off. We fade out.

Johnson: I wonder what Kyo Dai has planned?

Ventura: Who ever has got them angry is in big trouble. Sounds to me like Kyo Dai is interested in settling old debts.

Commercials

We return to Classic Wrestling as Rikishi is standing in his locker room. His TV set is off and he seems a bit nervous. He must not have heard about Fullington’s loss yet. Jim bursts through the door and sits down on a hard bench, looking at his feet.

Rikishi: Well…? How’d it go?

He looks optimistically at Jim Fullington.

Fullington: Lost…

Rikishi: WHAT?

Fullington: I lost…

Rikishi: You idiot…You dunderhead…How? How did you manage that?

Fullington begins to speak but Rikishi cuts him off.

Rikishi: You were a nobody, Fullington. An absolute nobody. You could have stayed, rotting and festering doing independent gigs, but I saved you. I saw potential. Potential to be as good as me. I convinced the higher-ups that you would benefit from my teaching. But you haven’t learned a thing. I brought you here to keep my championship safe. I needed insurance. And you were my Human Insurance Policy. But you continue to disappoint me. You can’t even beat a piece of garbage like Tatanka? Get out of my sight.

Fullington tries to say something but Rikishi interrupts.

Rikishi: Get out.

Fullington glares at him, then leaves.

Rikishi: So hard to find good help these days. I guess I should have never left a man’s work to a boy.

The camera fades out as Rikishi leaves his locker room.

Johnson: What’s that supposed to mean?

Ventura: Tatanka’s not out of the woods yet.

Demolition’s music hits and they make their way down to the ring, Doubles titles draped over their shoulders. They are wearing their regular studded jackets. They slap hands with a few fans and get into the ring. They look focused and ready for anything.

Yo! You Dealin’ With The Mack Militant! Rodney Mack comes out to a chorus of boos and Mark Henry gets slightly less heat. Mack gets into the fans’ faces while Henry stares at the competition.

Johnson: Does Demolition have enough left in the tank to keep a hold of those Doubles championships?

Ventura: After their tough match against Kyo Dai and facing up against the World’s Strongest Man and the Superstar champ? I doubt it.

Demolition vs. Rodney Mack/Mark Henry

Rodney Mack and Ax started off the match, exchanging blows. Rodney forces Ax into his corner, where he and Henry double-team him. After several tags in and out, Ax slugs Mack and makes his way towards his corner. Henry grabs his hair and throws him down. Mack locked on an armbar and squeezed. Ax was able to get to the ropes. Ax fought back and made the tag to Smash. Smash clotheslined Mack down and Henry got into the ring. Smash tried a clothesline on the World’s Strongest Man but Henry stood his ground. The blow didn’t even faze him. Henry grabbed Smash and bodyslammed him. Mack then used various holds working on Smash’s arm. He twists Smash’s arm then tags Mark Henry. The World’s Strongest Man elbows Smash’s twisted arm then clubs Smash down. He picks the Demolition member up but Smash elbows him in the gut. Mack distracts the ref while Smash tags. The ref didn’t see the tag so he sends Smash back into the ring. Henry beats down Smash until Ax interferes and delivers a chop block to Henry. Smash tags in and Ax gets in, clotheslining Henry several times, all ineffective. Smash goes in and delivers a chopblock on Henry. Ax signals that he’s going up for the Decapitation Elbow. Mack gets into the ring, only to be clotheslined over the ropes. Hiroki makes her way down to the ring and begins arguing with the referee. Kyo Dai jumps over the guardrails and slides into the ring. Akio knocks Ax off the top ropes to the arena floor while Sakoda boots Smash in the head. Kyo Dai picks him up and delivers a Double STO. They roll out of the ring and jump back into the crowd. Henry recovers and smiles when he sees that Smash is down and out. He runs to the ropes and delivers a Jumping Splash to Smash for the win.

Winners and NEW Doubles Champions: Mark Henry and Rodney Mack

The champions have a brief celebration before heading backstage. Kyo Dai looks like they are ready to leave and they start walking. Hiroki yells at them to “Make an impact on these American scum”. They reluctantly return and continue their beating on a helpless Demolition. Satisfied, Hiroki raises Kyo Dai’s hands and tells the unconscious former Doubles champions that it’s not over.

We go backstage, where Tatanka is working out. Duggan walks in to the almost empty room.

Duggan: Hey, Tatanka.

Tatanka stops the treadmill he’s running on and walks over to Hacksaw.

Duggan: I’d watch out if I were you. I don’t think Rikishi will want you to be involved in that tag team match next week. I have a feeling he’ll try something.

Tatanka: Thanks. But I can take care of myself. Did you see my match against Fullington?

Duggan: Yea. Well…I have to go. I have a match with Dr. Death tonight.

Duggan walks out and Tatanka shakes his head. He turns around and is nailed with a chair. We zoom out and see that Rikishi is the chair wielder. He raises it up and delivers several shots to the back of Tatanka. Tatanka tries to get up but is cranked in the back of the head. Rikishi smiles sadistically. He leaves as Tatanka struggles to get up. The Native American warrior gets to his knees when Rikishi rushes back in and boots him to the head. Rikishi puts the chair on Tatanka’s ankle. Then he stomps it several times. But he isn’t finished. He picks up some 300-pound weights and drops them on Tatanka’s chest several times. Rikishi then picks the weights off of Tatanka and throws them aside. Rikishi walks out of the room without another look.

Johnson: That is sick. Tatanka needs medical attention.

Ventura: Looks like next week’s main event is going to be Rikishi and Jim Fullington versus Jim Duggan. How delightful.

Commercials

We return to the show as Dr. Death Steve Williams makes his way down to the ring. He shakes and poses for the fans but they boo him. He shakes it off and gets into the ring.

Johnson: Only an insecure egomaniac like Rikishi would beat down someone in that way.

Before Ventura can reply, Hacksaw Jim Duggan’s music hits. HOOOOO! Hacksaw rushes out, with his trusty 2X4 in hand. He slides into the ring and Williams bails out.

“Dr. Death” Steve Williams vs. “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan

Duggan spent most of the match in control. He didn’t let Dr. Death get any offensive in the first five minutes of the contest. At the 6-minute mark, Duggan attempted the Running Clothesline. Williams sidestepped it and let Duggan go face first into the corner. Dr. Death was able to get a bit of offense and hit the Doctor Bomb. 1…2…Kickout! Duggan is dragged up by the hair. Dr. Death picks up Duggan and attempts an Oklahoma Stampede. Jim Duggan pushes him into the corner and sets up. He connects with the Running Clothesline and wins the match emphatically.

Winner: Jim Duggan

Johnson: I hope that Duggan does that to Rikishi next week. I’d serve him right.

Ventura: Duggan will have both men to worry about. They’re very dangerous men.

Duggan celebrates as we fade out after another edition of Classic Wrestling.

Classic Wrestling Preview

Taken From www.classicwrestling.com

Last week, Hacksaw Jim Duggan was granted a tag team match against Jim Fullington and the Icon champion, Rikishi by the General Manager, Lotto Money. His partner, Tatanka, was as anxious as he was. But he suffered a brutal attack at the hands of his opponents last week. We have confirmed that he will not be attending Classic Wrestling this week due to the injuries he suffered. Will this cause the match to be canceled? Or turned into a handicap match?

The pot is bubbling over between the Demolition and Kyo Dai. Will this tension effect Akio when he defends his B-List title against B-Squared? Can B-Squared overcome Akio? Akio will have Hiroki at ringside.

Also, a huge 8-man tag team match has been signed. Rodney Mack, Mark Henry, Jake Roberts and Tiger Ali Singh look to make an impact when they take on Marty Jannetty, Lenny Lane, Mabel and the Demon.

Card:

Hacksaw Jim Duggan & ??? vs. Rikishi & Jim Fullington

Akio* vs. B-Squared for the B-List title

Rodney Mack, Mark Henry, Jake Roberts & Tiger Ali Singh vs. Marty Jannetty, Lenny Lane, Mabel & the Demon

Edited by StevenRichardsRules

PW Insider

Plans seem to be that the Ultimate Warrior will be Jim Duggan's mystery partner, leading to a fued between the Warrior and Fullington with the Warrior after some revenge after the beatings he's recieved at Fullington's hands. This has yet to be confirmed 100% but there doesn't seem to be any other plans for superstars to be called up.

CCW is working hard to hype it's next PPV, which has yet to be named. The superstars are said to be optemistic about the final product.

Rumours are going around that CCW is looking to boost it's tag division as well as aquire new stars from the recent WWE releases. This has put the locker room on standby, as some are hesitant to give up their TV time for a new signing.

[>>] Snitsky In Line For WWE Title?, Brooklyn Brawler To Form Stable, Mideon on iMPACT! and more.... [>>]

Credit: PW Insider

As fans tune in on a lazy Saturday evening at primetime, a logo comes up on the black screen. Nickelback’s Saturday’s Alright (For Fighting) hits as the logo shows two wrestlers grappling. Then it says Classics Are Better under the logo. It shows clips of the last show and pictures of the wrestlers. We are shown the announcing booth where Jesse “The Body” Ventura and Mike Johnson are sitting. Their names flash under them.

Mike Johnson starts to say something but is interrupted. We go to the ring, where Lotto Money is. He is attired in his usual captain’s hat and he is leaning against the ropes. He smiles and he speaks into the mic.

Lotto Money: I know you all came here with doubts about the future of tonight’s main event. You bought your tickets wondering if you’d see Rikishi or Duggan come out on top. Then Hacksaw Jim Duggan’s partner, Tatanka was beaten down in a particularly entertaining way.

Lotto smiles viciously as the crowd boos him.

Lotto: But, regardless of whom I like or dislike, I must deliver on what CCW promises to deliver every week. Gripping action and excitement! I’ve thought long and hard about it…and I have decided…

Lotto takes his time with his announcement, taking pleasure in making the crowd wait.

Lotto: I have decided…that Jim Duggan should decide his own destiny. IF, and I mean if, he can find a willing partner, the main event will be a tag team match. If he doesn’t, then he’ll have to deal with the beating he receives.

Lotto smiles as the crowd buzzes.

Lotto: Wait a second! I’m not finished…

Johnson: What? There’s more?

Ventura: I guess so…

Lotto: I’ve received a lot of angry letters from fans saying that Greg Valentine got screwed at Americana and deserves a rematch. As much as I think that The Hammer should accept defeat and retire, some of the co-owners seem to disagree. They would like to see Valentine challenge Rodney Mack for the Superstar belt one more time. So, it will be a No Disqualification Match between Rodney Mack and Greg “The Hammer” Valentine NEXT WEEK on Classic Wrestling. Thank you and let’s get to the action!

Lotto Money leaves as the fans jeer him for booking that huge match for next week.

Johnson: Wow! What a rocket buster! Will Valentine be able to come out on top?

Ventura: Of course not. Rodney Mack will prove, once and for all, that he is better than the Hammer.

Booyah! Some funky rap beats hit and B-Squared makes his way to the ring in typical rap style. He poses once and gestures that he will be the new champion. He gets in the ring and bounces off the ropes a couple of times.

Johnson: Akio’s got a tough task here. His B-List title is at stake here.

Ventura: Akio is the Pride of Japan. I don’t think that some wanna-be Vanilla Ice is gonna derail his fast track to stardom.

Some traditional Japanese music plays as Akio walks down to the ring, waving a Japanese flag. He talks trash to a couple of fans and polishes his title, wasting some time. B-Squared tries to grab him but Akio moves and the ref tells B-Squared to stay in the corner until Akio gets in the ring. Akio finally slides into the ring and hands the ref his B-List title. The bell rings, starting the contest.

B-List Title Match

Akio* vs. B-Squared

Akio starts off with some chops and B-Squared replies with a straight punch to the face. Akio gets up and delivers a snap suplex. Akio puts the boots to the rapper. B-Squared crawls to the ropes but Akio continues kicking him viciously. B-Squared scores with a boot to the gut and uses the ropes to get up. Akio uses a couple of martial arts kicks. B-Squared takes them and fight back with closed fists. The tenacious rapper tosses Akio to the outside but the Japanese sensation lands on the apron. B-Squared doesn’t miss a beat and grabs Akio, tossing him over the ropes and back into the ring. He picks Akio up but Akio scores with a punch right to the jaw. B-Squared stumbles back and Akio moves in for another attack. He nails B-Squared with a Manhattan drop then a complete shot for a nearfall. They trade blows and B-Squared is whipped to the ropes. B-Squared comes back and Akio delivers a drop toe hold, sending the hip hop star face first into the mat. Akio taunts the American fans, only to turn around into an angry B-Squared. B-Squared gives him a couple of knees to the gut then a powerful scoop slam. Akio jumps up and delivers a jawbreaker. B-Squared stumbles back into the ropes and rebounds with three consecutive clotheslines. Then B-Squared sent Akio flying into the turnbuckles. The rapper ran and delivered a clothesline to Akio in the corner. Akio fell forward and was knocked down by a side kick from B-Squared. He set himself up and came crashing down with a knee drop on the face of the Japanese sensation. B-Squared showed some wrestling ability with a fireman’s carry then mounted Akio and started punching. Akio covered up as best he could but was definitely still feeling their effects. B-Squared delivered a sidewalk slam and got a nearfall. B-Squared was visibly frustrated and tried again after a russian leg sweep with the same outcome. Hiroki made her way down to the ring as B-Squared charged and elbowed her client in the face. Akio faked being hurt and the ref checked on him. Hiroki interfered by throwing salt in the rapper’s eyes, blinding him. Akio hit and enzeguri. 1…2…Kickout! Akio threw a short tantrum and then slid outside. Hiroki and Akio held a short conference and the Japanese sensation got back into the ring. Hiroki distracted the ref while Akio nailed him with a weapon Hiroki had given him. Suddenly, Demolition arrived from the crowd and Hiroki tried to inform the ref about it. He kicked her out and was making her leave when Smash hit the Decapitation Elbow behind his back. Demolition left through the crowd as the referee returned. Both compeditors make their way up. B-Squared got up faster and nailed the Axe Kick.

Winner and NEW B-List Champion: B-Squared

Sakoda and Hiroki got Akio up and carried his unconsious body backstage while the new champ celebrated under the watchful eyes of Demolition.

Johnson: Our first match of the night and we’ve got a new champion already? Wow, this is gonna be great!

Ventura: B-Squared cheated! He should be disqualified.

Johnson: Don’t you always say that it’s not cheating if you don’t get caught?

Ventura: That's..uhhh...different...

Commercials

We return from that very entertaining commercial break as Kyo Dai walks down the hallway. Akio is supported by Sakoda and Hiroki. They walk in silence, dejected about the loss. Hiroki is about to say something when they round a corner and come face to face with Demolition, who were sitting by the water cooler. It is a very tense moment. Ax smiles.

Sakoda: What the hell are you smiling about?

Ax: We just cost you guys your little B-List title.

Smash: Kind of like the way you cost us our tag team titles.

Ax: As they always say, payback’s a b*tch!

Both teams look ready to fight but it is broken up by a group of road agents.

Johnson: A tense situation in the back. Both teams looked like they wanted to rip each other’s head off.

Ventura: You think? Of course they do. This thing is far from over! Demolition won’t get away with what they did, mark my words.

The Classic-Tron flashes and we turn our attention to it. It is completely black. A shadowy figure stands, undistinguishable to anyone. Words flash onto the screen.

He’s coming

He’s spent years preparing for this moment

Waiting for a revolution

His time is approaching rapidly

Enemies beware

He’s coming

The screen goes back to normal and our announcers begin to speak.

Johnson: What was that about?

Ventura: I don’t know.

Johnson: Whoever he is, he’s promising a revolution. What impact will this have on CCW?

Commercials

We return to the show to see Jim Duggan talking to the Ultimate Warrior. The camera zooms closer and we hear some of their conversation.

Duggan: Thanks for offering to be my partner, but I’ve already found someone.

Ultimate Warrior: Okay. But I’ll watch backstage in case of any suprises, okay?

Duggan: Sure. Thanks.

Jim Duggan walks away as Rikishi and Jim Fullington poke their heads out of a door. They see Hacksaw walk away from the Ultimate Warrior. Fullington turns towards his employer.

Fullington: You think Duggan’s partner will be that washed up loser?

Rikishi nods and they both move towards the Warrior, whose back is to them. They stealthily approach the Warrior, then in the blink of an eye, attack him. The Warrior goes down and they are on him, punching and kicking him. The Warrior is beaten up and thrown into the wall several times. He tries feebly to fight back but in the end, succumbs to the beatdown.

Fullington: We done?

Rikishi nods his head and they walk off screen as the Ultimate Warrior struggles to get up. The Ultimate Warrior is able to make it back up to his feet but he doesn’t stay there for long. Rikishi rushes back, chair in hand and hits him in the stomach with it. Then he cracks him in the head. Rikishi puts the chair around the Warrior’s ankle then jumps on it. The Ultimate Warrior rolls around for a bit, holding it. Rikishi looks satisfied but the face of Jim Fullington looks troubled. We fade to the next segment.

Yeehaw! Some country music plays as “Cowboy” Alan Funk makes his way to the ring, riding an imaginary horse and waving his cowboy hat around. The fans are distraught when they notice that he has brought his guitar with him. He gets into the ring. Alan grabs a mic and starts to sing the American national anthem. It is horrible and his singing is drowned out by boos. He tries to sing another song but his opponent, Norman Smiley’s music, interrupts him.

Smiley gets a slight pop from his entrance but the fans seem uninterested in him otherwise. He slides into the ring and Alan catches him with a hard boot to the gut.

Alan Funk Vs. Norman Smiley

Funk’s advantage is short-lived as Smiley fights back, landing a couple of good shots to the jaw. Funk spends the rest of the match either running from Screamin’ Norman or suffering through a tough armbar. Funk’s right arm was worked on continuously by a focused Smiley. Funk retreated to the outside suddenly. The ref went outside to urge him to return the match. Unbeknownst to the ref, Jake Roberts slid into the ring and delivered a tough DDT to his partner’s foe. “The Snake” slithered out of the ring and Funk got back into the ring. Funk pulled up his semi-conscious opponent and delivered a Piledriver for the win.

Winner: Alan Funk

Roberts gets back into the ring and smiles. He and Funk smile as they put the boots to Norman Smiley. Roberts whispers something in Alan’s ear and the cowboy leaves the ring. He returns with a microphone, which he hands to Jake “the Snake”.

Jake Roberts: The atrocity you have just witnessed to…the beatdown we just committed…Is only a small taste of what you’re about to see firsthand. Mabel, you know that I’m coming to collect. I’m going to collect the respect you owe me.

Funk says and audible “Yea!” and shuts up when Roberts glares at him.

Roberts: I’m going to end this, Mabel. I intend to make an example for the rest of the boys in the back. The Snake is back and badder than ever!

Ventura: If I were Mabel, I’d watch my back…Actually, if I were Mabel, I’d go on a diet.

Johnson: Roberts is a tough customer but don’t sell Mabel short.

Ventura: I tried to sell Mabel stupid but he had the market cornered.

We fade to commercials.

Commercials

We return from the commercial break to the entrance ramp. Back the Mack! The Mack Militant’s music hits and Rodney Mack looks disgruntled as he walks from out of the curtain. Mark Henry walks out beside him and Rodney nods. Henry nods back and they make their way down to the ring, glaring at fans as they walk. They both walk up the steps and get into the ring. Henry bounces off the ropes a couple of times while Rodney checks the tape on his wrists.

Jake Roberts’ normal music plays as he enters the arena. He gets about the same amount of boos as Henry and Mack. Tiger Ali Singh walks timidly behind him. “The Snake” gets in the face of a fan before he slides into the ring, followed closely by Tiger Ali Singh.

Next, some music similar to the Rocker’s WWF theme plays and the team of Marty Jannetty and Lenny Lane walks through the curtain. The New Rockers slap some hands and stop before they reach ringside.

Finally, some familiar rap music plays and Mabel makes his way out. He is followed by The Demon, who still has his face painted like KISS but is dressed in rapper attire. This gets them a slightly bigger pop than the Rockers. When they reach where the Rockers are, they engage in a quick conversation before sliding in to do battle with their enemies.

The Rockers / Mabel / The Demon Vs. Mack & Henry / Jake Roberts / Tiger Ali Singh

The match starts out as a full-blown eight-man brawl. The ref is able to restore some order, declaring Rodney Mack and Marty Jannetty as the legal men for their teams. Jannetty ducked the Superstar champion’s clothesline then hit a dropkick. Jannetty dominated with a variety of moves. He got a near-fall after hitting a running legdrop. Marty proceeded to tag Lenny Lane and they delivered a double suplex. Lane went for the cover and got another near-fall. Mack pushed Lenny away and charged at him. Lane delivered a pancake drop. Mack attempted to get up but was kneed in the stomach. Lenny Lane ran to the ropes and delivered a Rocker Drop.

Eliminated: Rodney Mack

Mark Henry came in and clotheslined Lane. He picked Lane up and started choking him in the air. Lenny hit a well-placed kick to the knee. Mark Henry dropped Lane, who crawled over and tagged The Demon while Henry clutched his leg. Henry slapped The Demon around then hit the F-7 & ½.

Eliminated: The Demon

Both Rockers rushed in and dropkicked Henry, who stumbled back onto the ropes. Jannetty was declared the legal man as Henry rebounded with a double clothesline. He picked Lane up and slapped him hard across the face. Marty positioned himself behind the World’s Strongest Man. Lane recovers and slaps Henry back. He doesn’t wait for Henry to recover and dropkicks him. Jannetty grabs Henry as he falls back into the older Rocker’s rollup.

Eliminated: Mark Henry

Johnson: The Rockers just eliminated the Doubles champions.

Roberts was declared the legal man and he stepped in. Both Rockers were still in the ring and delivered a double dropkick. Mabel called for a tag and Jannetty gave him what he wanted. Alan Funk strolled down to the ring as Mabel and “The Snake” exchanged words then punches in the ring. Mabel throws Roberts to the ropes and hits a big time backdrop. Funk looks ready to interfere but Mabel gives him a look and the cowboy backs off. Roberts takes advantage of the distraction and attacks the rapper from behind. He whips Mabel into the corner and delivers a clothesline. This doesn’t seem to faze Mabel so “The Snake” bashes Mabel’s head into the turnbuckles. Mabel returns the favour and slams Roberts down to the mat. He begins climbing the ropes laboriously but Roberts crawls away. The monstrous Mabel climbs down and Funk climbs onto the apron. The ref is distracted by “The Snake” as Alan Funk grabs Mabel’s head and sending him throat-first into the ropes. Mabel stands back and clutches his throat. Jake Roberts takes advantage of the situation and DDTs Mabel.

Eliminated: Mabel

Ventura: I told you that “The Snake” would fulfil his promise.

Lane and Roberts face off next in the ring. Roberts gets the upperhand with an eye poke then throws his opponent into his team’s corner. Roberts tagged Tiger Ali Singh. Singh delivered several tough kicks but Lane replied with a dropkick. Lenny crawled towards his corner and tagged Jannetty. Jannetty climbed to the top ropes and hit a flying crossbody. Tiger rolled through and grabbed a hold of the Rocker’s tights.

Eliminated: Marty Jannetty

Lane charged in but Singh made a quick tag back to Roberts. Both men were evenly matched and neither man can seem to get the advantage. The match is ended for Roberts when Funk accidentally tripped Jake. After arguing with Alan Funk, Jake “The Snake” turned around and received a Rocker Drop.

Eliminated: Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Roberts was angry about losing and took out his frustrations on Lane. Roberts hit a DDT on Lane then walked out. Singh waited until Funk and Roberts had left before he covered Lenny Lane for the victory.

Eliminated: Lenny Lane

Winners: Tiger Ali Singh, Jake Roberts, Mark Henry & Rodney Mack

Ventura: Tiger Ali Singh was the sole survivor in that one. This guy is going places.

Johnson: If you take a look at his track record, you’ll see that he’s yet to win without aid of someone else of a cheap tactic of some kind.

Ventura: The bottom line is that he’s undefeated and that he remains that way. It doesn’t matter how he did it, just that he still has no losses on his track record.

“Superstar” by Saliva hits and Rikishi comes into view. His smile is a mile wide as he shines up his Icon championship. He is wearing normal wrestling tights and shades. Fullington is a couple of steps behind. Fullington has his normal black tanktop and pants on. They stroll down to the ring and take their time entering. Fullington gets Rikishi a microphone.

Rikishi: Welcome to the main event. I think that washed-up old geezer has had enough time to find a partner. Or to accept the fact that no one wants to oppose the champ and lose his or her job. Get out here and accept your punishment!

Rikishi doesn’t have to wait long. HOOOOO! Hacksaw’s music plays and Jim Duggan walks out, 2X4 in one hand and a microphone in the other. He adjusts his blue tights and then holds the mic up.

Duggan: Looks like tonight is an unlucky night for you, tough guy. Hacksaw Jim Duggan has a partner.

Rikishi: What? But how? The Ultimate Warrior and Tatanka are out of commission…We made sure of that…

Rikishi looks at Fullington, who nods.

Duggan: Hacksaw didn’t pick either of them for his partner. He has a different partner in mind. An American to make all Americans proud. So, without further ado, Hacksaw would like to present his tag team partner…The Patriot!

A man attired in the mask The Patriot wore in the WWF and star spangles tights walks out to a huge ovation. He waves the American flag high above his head. Fullington and Rikishi look nervous as we go to commercial.

Commercials

Team America (Jim Duggan & The Patriot) Vs. Rikishi / Fullington

Rikishi spent the match avoiding getting in the ring with Jim Duggan. He fared no better against The Patriot, who was fired up for his debut match. Fullington did most of the dominating for his team but even he wasn't able to stand up to the power of Hacksaw. The main event was ended when Duggan set up for his Charging Clothesline. Both Fullington and Rikishi were in the ring and rising to their feet. Rikishi saw the move coming before Jim Fullington and pushed his bodyguard into the move. Then, the Icon champion left the ring and walked up the ramp as the ref counted 3 on Fullington.

Winners: Team America

Duggan was yelling at Rikishi, saying he was going to be the new champion whether Rikishi wanted it on not. Fullington had recovered and was angrily exchanging words with his partner, who seemed unconcerned.

Johnson: What an energy-charged main event! Too bad that Rikishi didn't get what he deserved.

Ventura: Rikishi is a smart champ. He's not about to get into a fight that he could potentially lose.

Johnson: He lost this match. So that, to me calls into question his intelligence. Or perhaps his guts. See you next time on another addition of Classic Wrestling.

• 3 weeks later...

Taken from www.classicwrestling.com

Last week, Hacksaw Jim Duggan introduced his newest ally in his war against the Icon champion Rikishi and his problem solving bodyguard, Jim Fullington. Duggan finned the problem solver but didn't get the satisfaction of defeating the champion, who walked out on his partner. Will this week be a different story for Hacksaw? Can he finally get his hands on the elusive Rikishi or will the Icon champion escape again? And what will be Jim Fullington's reaction to his partner leaving him?

Also, last week, Lotto booked a No Disqualification match between Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and the Mack Militant, Rodney Mack, for the Superstar title. Will Valentine be able to finally pin Mack or will Mack leave with the title again?

Akio battles The Demon this week in an effort to make up for his B-List title loss last week. Also, Demolition is in action against Marty Jannetty and Lenny Lane. Will Demolition steamroll Lane and Jannetty or can the upcoming team pull out an upset. Will Kyo Dai attempt to avenge last week's loss?

All this and much more, this week on Classic Wrestling....

Card:

Rodney Mack* vs. Greg Valentine in a No DQ match for the Superstar title

Demolition vs. Lenny Lane and Marty Jannetty

Akio vs. The Demon

As fans tune in on a lazy Saturday evening at primetime, a logo comes up on the black screen. Nickelback’s Saturday’s Alright (For Fighting) hits as the logo shows two wrestlers grappling. Then it says Classics Are Better under the logo. It shows clips of the last show and pictures of the wrestlers. We are shown the announcing booth where Jesse “The Body” Ventura and Mike Johnson are sitting. Their names flash under them.

Johnson: What a show we have for you tonight, folks! Not only do we have a blockbuster main even, but also Lotto Money apparently has a huge announcement for tonight.

Ventura: I may not know what that announcement is but we do know that tonight, Rodney Mack will walk out the way he walked out of all his other matches with Valentine….

Johnson: A loser?

Ventura: No, idiot, with that Superstar title around his waist.

Some Japanese music plays and Akio walks out from behind the curtain. He is wearing black tights and waving the Japanese flag. This gets him a hefty amount of boos as he walks down to the ring but it doesn’t seem to faze him. He gets in and engages in a short conversation with the ref.

Some generic music plays and The Demon makes his way out. He gets a small cheer. He is wearing his normal face paint and some black tights.

Johnson: The Demon has been going through an identity crisis lately. Do you think he’ll be able to shake off the doubts in his head to put Akio away?

Ventura: Akio is a top-class athlete and I think that The Demon’s losing streak will continue.

The Demon gets to ringside and just as he’s about to get up on the ropes, Akio hits a baseball slide, knocking him onto the concrete. Akio goes out and throws him into the steel steps. Satisfied that he’s taken the wind out of The Demon’s sails, Akio tosses the KISS freak back in.

Akio Vs. The Demon

A short match which consists of Akio showing off his athleticism and The Demon showing off the fact that he can take a lot of punishment. The Demon was able to get in about three moves in total before Akio knocked him down with a stiff kick. Akio climbed the turnbuckles and hit the Yang Time for an impressive victory.

Winner: Akio

We go back to the announce table and Ventura is telling Johnson about his younger days as a professional wrestler. Johnson listens unenthusiastically, yawning periodically. Then the lights go out and the Classic-Tron starts flashing. The shadowy figure appears on screen.

Shadowy figure: The time is coming. Next Sunday, at Scars and Stripes, I will reveal myself to all. So everyone in the back and those watching at home, prepare for a REVOLUTION!

The figure fades out. We go back to the announcers, who are confused about what just happened.

Ventura: At Scars and Stripes, we learn the identity of this mystery man. The only thing that I can be sure about is that he’s coming to make an impact.

Johnson: I agree with you there, Body. Stay tuned because after this quick commercial break, Lotto Money is scheduled to make his announcement.

Commercials

We return to the program as Lotto Money is handed a mic by one of the production workers. He nods and looks at the crowd. The crowd boos his but there are a few cheerers as well.

Lotto Money: Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. I came to this ring for one reason. That reason is simply this. Tonight seems a bit bare to me.

The crowd interrupts him with boos and jeers.

Lotto: Hear me out. I mean, sure we’ve got a Last Man Standing match between Rodney Mack and Greg “The Hammer” Valentine for the Superstar championship…

Loud pop from the fans.

Lotto: But is that really enough? I didn’t think so and neither did any of my bosses so I’ve decided that tonight, in this very ring, it will be Rikishi, out beloved Icon champion, taking on The Patriot in a non-title match. That should satisfy every one.

Lotto Money throws the mic back to the production worker and makes his way up the ramp.

Johnson: Huge news. Rikishi will have to face the man he had so much trouble with last week one-on-one tonight.

Ventura: Rikishi didn’t have any trouble. He just didn’t want to hurt The Patriot in his first match in CCW. But his second match will be a different story.

Some music similar to the Rocker’s WWF music plays and the tag team of Marty Jannetty and Lenny Lane make their way out. They style down to the ring in their Rocker rip-off outfits. They slap some hands then slide into the ring. The fans give them small cheers, about the same as any midcard would.

Demolition’s music plays as the tough team makes their way out. The fans give them a larger cheer than the Rockers. The Rockers seem unimpressed as they watch their opponents come down the ramp.

Demolition Vs. The Rockers

A good match, though only slightly better than the Akio/Demon one. Demolition tried to power their way through the match but the Rockers countered with decent high-flying moves. The Rockers wrestled to impress and had both Ax and Smash on the ropes a couple of times, leading to nearfalls. Right when it looked as if Demolition was going to finish Jannetty, Hiroki ran down to the ring and distracted the referee. Akio and Sakoda came from the crowd and delivered a double enzeguri kick to the face of Ax. Kyo Dai slid out of the ring and the ref turned around to see Jannetty tag out and Lane hit the Rocker Drop on a rising Ax.

Winners: The Rockers

Johnson: I don’t think the Rockers even knew that Kyo Dai helped them win.

Ventura: Another feather in the hat of the Rockers. Last week, they eliminated the tag team champions in an eight-man tag team match. Now, they have just beaten the former champs. If that doesn’t put them in contention for a Doubles title shot, I have no idea what would.

Johnson: I agree that the Rockers deserve a shot in the near future but I don’t agree with what’s going on in the ring.

Inside the ring, the Rockers have left and Kyo Dai is having their way with the remains of Ax and Smash. The fans boo as they deliver their individual and tag team finishers. Kyo Dai finishes by posing over the unconscious bodies of Demolition.

We fade backstage and some funky music plays. The camera looks to the left to see Mabel knocking on a locker room door. The door clearly says “Jake Roberts and Alan Funk”. Funk comes out, sees Rap 101 standing outside and calls “The Snake” to come with him. Roberts appears and steps out.

Roberts: What the hell do you want?

B-Squared: We want a match, sucka. At Scars and Stripes…

Funk: Denied. We’ve got nothing to prove against you. Everyone already knows we’re the next tag champs.

Mabel: How about if we sweeten up the deal a bit?

Roberts: How?

Mabel: If we beat you tonight in that ring, we will have a match at Scars and Stripes.

Roberts: Hmmm….that really doesn’t entice me. How about that stipulation plus if we win, you stop rapping and never wrestle together again? So, what’ll it be?

Mabel looks nervously over at B-Squared, who nods. Mabel nods too.

Roberts: Fine then. Our match is up next. You guys better get ready ‘cause after tonight, rap will be dead in CCW.

B-Squared: Tonight, we're gonna show everyone that you're phoney. BOOYAH!

Johnson: Huge implications for this match. And it’s coming up next!

Both teams walk away, still eyeing each other warily as we fade to commercial.

Commercials

As we return from commercial, we see that Jake “The Snake” Roberts and Alan Funk are already waiting for their competition in the ring. They seem ready and focused on winning.

Some hip-hop music plays and Rap 101 struts in to a decent pop. They high five several fans as they make their way to the ring. Funk and Roberts slide out and they brawl on the outside. They whip Mabel into the post and he goes down hard. B-Squared gets thrown into the steel steps then beaten down by both men. The match is started when B-Squared is thrown into the ring by Funk. Mabel is still down on the outside.

Rap 101 Vs. Alan Funk / Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Funk and Roberts use quick tags to wear down B-Squared, who is going in alone as Mabel is still down on the outside. B-Squared takes most of the punishment, getting in a bit of offense wherever and whenever he can. Mabel recovers about halfway through the match and is able to slowly get back onto the ropes. Alan Funk knocks down B-Squared and goes for Mabel. Mabel takes the blow and Funk seems frightened as Mabel turns his head to stare right into the country singer’s eyes. B-Squared comes up behind him and rolls him up for a nearfall. B-Squared then makes the tag and Mabel comes in with a fury rarely seen. Mabel knocks down Funk with three consecutive shoulderblocks. “The Snake” comes in to assist his partner but he is tossed out by his hair. B-Squared gets into the ring and Mabel boots Funk in the stomach. B-Squared hits an Axe Kick and Mabel hits the Big Splash on Funk. Roberts tries to make the save but is just a fraction too late.

Winners: Rap 101

Johnson: I guess that means that Rap 101 will face off against Funk and Roberts at Scars and Stripes. But what kind of match will it be?

Ventura: Does it matter? Funk and Roberts are dedicated to defeating Rap 101 and they’ve done it more often than not.

Johnson: No, they haven't.

Ventura: All the team needs is a high stakes match-up. That's where they can and will excel.

Before Mike Johnson can reply, we notice that the Classic-Tron flashing. We go to a camera backstage. Rikishi and Jim Fullington are talking. Neither notices the camera.

Rikishi: So, you know what to do?

Fullington: I said I did. Why do you keep asking?

Rikishi: Just making sure you got every detail crammed up in that tiny brain of yours. We need this to go perfectly.

Fullington: I get it. I know what to do. And when you need me, I’ll be there.

Rikishi looks like he’s going to say something then decides against it and walks away. Fullington watches him go, stone-faced as always. He then notices that Rikishi has forgot his belt. He glances around him, making sure no one’s around, then takes the Icon title belt and begins staring at it.

Johnson: Jim Fullington seems entranced by that title.

Ventura: He’s just looking at it, Mike. It’s not like he’s thinking of stealing it or anything like that. It's innocent enough.

Johnson: Is it? I don't think...

We fade out for a commercial break.

Commercials

We return as the Patriot waves the American flag on the ramp while some patriotic music plays in the background. He gets a good reaction as he walks down to the ring. He gives several fans high fives on his way. He walks up the ramp and into the ring. The Patriot waves his flag again when he gets inside the ring.

Johnson: Tough opposition for Rikishi tonight.

Ventura: Rikishi’s got the situation under control.

Saliva’s “Superstar” hits as Rikishi makes his way out. He gets some heat as he shows off the Icon title, which is on his right shoulder. He cleans his shades and smirks as the fans display inflammatory signs. He rolls into the ring.

Rikishi Vs. The Patriot

The Patriot extends his hand to Rikishi. Rikishi takes it…and delivers a thunderous clothesline. Rikishi gives him a couple of boots while he’s down. He tries to pick The Patriot up but is rolled up. Rikishi kicks out at 2 but he was dominated the rest of the match with a few exceptions. Rikishi nailed a superkick and got a nearfall close to the end. Frustrated, Rikishi called out Fullington, who got onto the apron and began arguing with the ref. Rikishi nailed a low blow and picked up The Patriot for the Rikishi Driver. The Patriot slid down the back and grabbed Rikishi from behind. He hit the Full Nelson Slam and knocked Fullington off the ropes. He pinned the Icon Champ for the win.

Winner: The Patriot

Rikishi looks upset and attempts to attack The Patriot. The Patriot defends himself with ease and leaves the ring. Fullington helps up Rikishi but Rikishi pushes him away. Rikishi looks visibly upset and seems to be shouting at Fullington. Fullington looks angry but he composes himself and follows his employer up the ramp reluctantly.

Johnson: That didn’t work as well as Rikishi planned it, I’m betting.

Ventura: Shut up! You know that The Patriot is a cheater!

We go to Lotto Money’s office backstage. It is luxuriously furnished with chairs and couches. His desk is cluttered with papers and his is sitting in a big black chair. He is facing the other way and turns to face the camera as the cameraman walks in.

Lotto Money: That was a great match. But now that I look at the card for Scars and Stripes, I feel like there’s not enough going on to get our fans excited. So I thought to myself, how could I make the event even more star studded? Well, I saw Kyo Dai’s actions earlier and I think that they need to settle things with Demolition once and for all. So, at Scars and Stripes, Kyo Dai and Demolition will clash in a cage match. That’s right. No escape for either team and only a pinfall or a submission will assure victory. Now that’s a match!

We go backstage where we see Greg Valentine working out. He pauses for a second to catch his breath. He drapes a towel over his shoulder as he makes his way down the hallway.

Valentine: Now I really feel ready to make Mack tap out.

He stops and stretches for a minute. We fade to our final commercial break.

Commercials

We return from the commercials to see Valentine making his way down to the ring as his music, which consists mostly of hammer sound effects, blares in the background. He looks focused and ready as he steps between the ropes. He bounces off the ropes a couple of times as the fans cheer him loudly.

Back the Mack! Rodney’s music plays as he struts down the ramp confidently. He seems to be without worry as the fans are audibly against him. He takes a moment to shine up his Superstar title before he rolls into the ring. Mack seems hesitant about giving the ref his title and it takes him a full minute before he relinquishes the belt.

Rodney Mack* Vs. Greg “The Hammer” Valentine

For the Superstar Title in a Last Man Standing Match

Probably a contender for match of the year. Both men’s styles gelled well and resulted in a great technical match. The Hammer worked away on Mack’s legs, setting him up for a Figure Four Leglock. The Mack Militant relied on the fact that it was No Disqualifications, innovating with weapons and focusing his energy on Valentine’s arm. Both men’s appendages were worn down by the end of the match, making it hard of either of them to get back to their feet. In the end, Rodney called out his partner, Mark Henry as he picked up Valentine. Greg pushed him away and got his hands on a steel chair, knocking Henry unconsious. He turned around and Mack hit the Tiger Bomb. The ref made it to 9 before Valentine unsteadliy rose. The Mack Militant seemed shocked and proceeded to clothesline him down. This time, The Hammer rose at 8. Rodney tried another clothesline but The Hammer sidestepped it and backbody dropped him. He then locked on the Figure Four Leglock. Both men were exhausted and Valentine was able to pull himself up at the count of 9 to secure himself a victory.

Winner and NEW Superstar Champion: Greg “The Hammer” Valentine

Balloons began to fall from the ceiling as The Hammer was handed the thing he had worked to hard to get, the Superstar championship. He gazed at it for a second, then fell to his knees, still clutching it. He held it up and the fans gave him a tremendous ovation for a stellar proformance.

Johnson: There you have it. In probably one of the most spectacular matches I have ever witnessed, Greg Valentine comes out of a gruelling Last Man Standing Match the new Superstar champion.

Ventura: Awesome match, no doubt about it, but a cheap victory by Valentine. It took a cheap shot at the end to steal Rodney Mack’s belt from him.

Johnson: What? Everything and anything was legal so Valentine was perfectly justified in doing whatever you thought he did to “cheat and win”. In the end, The Hammer showed he has the heart of a champion.

Ventura: All you really need to be a champ is a sharp mind, the ability to get it done in the ring and a plan to do it.

Johnson: A storybook ending for Greg “The Hammer” Valentine. This is what wrestling’s all about.

In the ring, Mack begins to stir. He gets to his feet, where he meets eye-to-eye with the new champ. Valentine extends his hand and Rodney stares at in disbelief. The whole world watches as Mack extends his hand to meet Greg’s. Right before they meet, Mack jerks his back and spits on Valentine’s extended hand. There is no expression in The Hammer’s face as Rodney Mack walks out of the arena to a chorus of boos and jeers.

Johnson: Disgraceful. Utterly disgraceful. He offered his hand and Rodney Mack refused to take it.

Ventura: Mack has sent a message that he isn’t finished yet.

Johnson: Thank you for tuning in. Be sure to watch next week as the drama continues to unfold.

The show goes to the credits and we see the logo as it ends.

• 4 weeks later...

At the last Classic Wrestling before Scars and Stripes, tensions are running high. The General Manager of CCW, Lotto Money has vowed to make another announcement concerning the PPV. What does the wily man have in mind? And who will be effected by his latest ruling.

Last week, Greg "The Hammer" Valentine managed to wrestle the Superstar title from around the waist of Rodney Mack. Expect the former champ to make a play to get his title back. Will this issue distract him from his match this week?

B-Squared faces the undefeated Tiger Ali Singh in a non-title match. Which superstar will have the momentum to come out the victor? His partner Mabel will face off against Alan Funk. Can Funk pull a victory out of his cowboy hat?

Mark Henry will be looking to make an impressive showing as he takes on Norman Smiley.

In the main event, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and the Patriot will team with the Ultimate Warrior to face off against their frequent opponents, Rikishi and Jim Fullington, who have enlisted the Mack Militant to sway the odds in their favour.

All this and much more on the next episode of Classic Wrestling.

Card:

Jim Duggan, the Patriot and the Ultimate Warrior vs. Rikishi, Jim Fullington and Rodney Mack

Mark Henry vs. Norman Smiley

B-Squared vs. Tiger Ali Singh - Non-title match

Mabel vs. Alan Funk

Johnson: What a huge week last week was! Actually, this whole month has been huge. Title changes every week…The first week of this month, Rodney Mack and Mark Henry stole the Doubles titles from the Demolition. The next week, Akio lost his B-List title to B-Squared. And just last week, Greg Valentine was able to take Rodney Mack’s Superstar title from him. What does Lotto Money have in store for us this week?

Ventura: I don’t know but…

Jesse “The Body” Ventura was interrupted by the song “Money Money Money” by Abba. Lotto Money struts down the ramp, styling a very tacky suit and his trademark captain’s hat with the anchor symbol on it. He smiles at some of the fans that are giving him a thumbs down sign. He goes up the ramp and steps into the ring. A faceless production guy hands him a mic and Lotto begins to gloat.

Lotto Money: This company is changing. It’s constantly evolving. Just when you think you know every entrance, we come in from a place you didn’t even know existed. And at Scars and Stripes, we will continue to innovate. I personally can’t wait to see Kyo Dai and Demolition meet inside a steel cage. And…Wait a sec…Tomorrow is Scars and Stripes and we don’t have a main event.

Lotto Money pauses, scratching his head.

I know what we can do! At Scars and Stripes, Rikishi will defend his Icon title…against Jim Duggan…

The crowd pops, realizing that this may be the end of a memorable feud.

Hold on…I’m not finished…He will defend the Icon title against Duggan…and Jim Fullington…

The crowd cuts him off with a flurry of boos.

I guess that’s not really fair for Duggan to face two men that are obviously going to be united. So Rikishi will face Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jim Fullington and the winner of the Mark Henry / Norman Smiley match this Sunday at Scars and Stripes.

Johnson: So either Norman Smiley or Mark Henry will have a title shot tomorrow if they can pull off a victory tonight? Wow...what a blockbuster announcement!

Ventura: I still don’t think Hacksaw has a chance. The odds are stacked pretty high against him. He has to go through Rikishi, Jim Fullington and Mark Henry? That’s practically insurmountable.

Johnson: Who said that Mark Henry was going to be in the match? We don’t know that for sure yet.

Ventura: Come on! You really think that Norman Smiley stands a chance?

Johnson: Of course. He’s phenomenally talented…

Ventura: Give me a break. He’s on a losing streak which isn't going to end any time soon.

As Mike Johnson and Jesse “The Body” Ventura argue, Lotto Money leaves the ring and then exits through the entrance curtain. Some proud Indian music plays as Tiger Ali Singh peeks meekly through the curtain. He’s given a shove and walks down to the ring. He slides in and taunts. The crowd boos him and he backs away.

Some catchy hip-hop plays as B-Squared makes his way down to the ring, showing off his B-List title and slapping fans hands.

Johnson: Tiger Ali Singh is lucky that Mabel is backstage preparing for his match later on with Alan Funk. Otherwise, this could turn out to be an old-school rap beatdown.

Ventura: I hope Singh slaps the hell out of him. He looks rediculious.

He smiles and does a gangster pose before sliding into the ring. Singh cowers in the corner as B-Squared poses in the ring, getting a lot of cheers. He turned his back on Singh to do it though, making a major mistake.

Tiger Ali Singh vs. B-Squared

Singh attacks B-Squared from behind and the match begins. Tiger dominates for about two minutes, working on B-Squared’s neck. But after receiving a swinging neckbreaker, B-Squared got up a second before Tiger Ali and was able to his a Booker T style jumping sidekick. B-Squared then showed his wicked cool style by beating the holy hell out of his opponent the rest on the match without using much effort. Suddenly, Jake Roberts and Alan Funk made their way down to the ring as B-Squared whipped Tiger into the corner. Alan Funk distracted the referee as B-Squared played to the crowd. Roberts stole the B-List title from the timekeeper. B-Squared charged and Roberts got up on the apron, pushing Tiger down. He caught B-Squared in the jaw with a shot from the belt and dropped to the floor. The rapper dropped like a sack of potatoes. Singh recovered and rolled his opponent up.

Singh had a short celebration afterwards then noticed that Roberts and Funk had entered the ring as well. He retreated and made his way up the ramp, being booed the entire time. Inside the ring, Funk and Roberts did a number on B-Squared, leaving him looking like he was unlikely to compete in tomorrow’s PPV.

Johnson: Funk and Roberts were scared. They knew that Rap 101 could beat them hands down so they took it into their own hands to uneven the odds.

Ventura: They’re taking their fate into their own hands. You gotta admire that.

Johnson: No, I think what they did was despicable.

Funk and Roberts make their way up the ramp, smiling like children who just raided a forbidden cookie jar. As soon as they disappear behind the curtain, Back The Mack plays over the intercom system. Rodney Mack stomps out. He looks right pissed as he walks down to the ring. He is tapped by one of the fans, who he backhands. He slides into the ring and snatches the mic rudely from the ring technician.

Mack: I can’t believe it. You people are actually celebrating that fluke of a win that Valentine got last week? Are you stupid? That belt is coming back home and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

The people in the crowd cut him off with an asshole chant.

You don’t believe me? Come on. The guy is like 50 and he’s still wrestling? Does Flair come to mind? You are a has been, Valentine. Wait a second…Did you ever have a prime? I don’t remember one. You’re no Hogan…You’re no Savage…Hell, you’re not even at the Bossman’s level and he’s dead. So, Hammer, if you sincerely think that you could walk out of a match with me still holding my Superstar title, I want you to come out to this ring.

Mack lowers the mic and waits for a full minute before “The Hammer” ‘s music plays. Greg Valentine makes his way down to the ring quickly as the fans cheer him. He is given a mic and gets into the ring. He gets face to face with Mack, making sure to display his newly won Superstar title.

Valentine: You want a match? A chance to prove yourself? Do you remember how you won the title? What you did to Tatanka? And you want another shot? Well, as much as I personally don’t feel you’re at the top of the list of contenders, the fans loved our Last Man Standing Match last week. And far be it for me not to release a sequel after the first one was a blockbuster.

Stop rambling and get to the point, old man.

Call me old man again and I’ll stick this size 13 in your ass. I accept your challenge for a match…

At Scars and Stripes of course…These people here don’t deserve to see me regain the title after the way they treated me.

Fine, fine. Since you picked the place, I pick the type of match.

Mack doesn’t look happy about this but nods reluctantly.

At Scars and Stripes, I will defend my title against you one more time in a…SUBMISSION MATCH!

Mack nods then realizes what was said. He looks a combination of angry and scared. He stomps his feet and exits the ring as we fade to commercial break.

Commercials

We return to the show as some honky country music plays while Alan Funk makes his way down to the ring. He has a guitar in his hand as a couple of anti-Funk signs are shown. Funk gets in the ring and tries to sing a country song but he is interrupted by Mabel’s rap music playing.

Mabel walks out to a pop and he makes his way quickly to the ring. Mabel sides into the ring and the match starts.

Mabel Vs. Alan Funk

The Cowboy seems to have the momentum at the start, not allowing Mabel to get up. He gives him some boots and punches as Mabel struggles to rise. Mabel manages to rise but Funk knees him in the face several times. Funk drops a couple of legdrops then suddenly, Mabel gets up and clotheslines Funk down. Funk gets up twice more only to take another clothesline both times. Mabel attempts to get him up but Funk hits a lowblow. The ref is out of position and he misses it. Funk tries to go for an early Piledriver but Mabel tosses him over his shoulders. The Cowboy flips over him and tries an awkward rollup. Mabel kicks out with authority at 2. Funk rolls out of the ring and grabs his guitar. He gets back into the ring and swings it at Mabel’s head. The rapper gets out of the way, knocks the guitar from his hands and powerslams him. Mabel finishes off the Cowboy with a Splash for good measures.

Winner: Mabel

Mabel raises his arms in triumph as Funk recovers behind him. Funk grabs the guitar and this time, he connects with the guitar shot. Mabel goes down and Funk begins to stomp a mudhole in his ass. B-Squared rushes down to the ring and Alan high-tails it out of there. B-Squared checks on Mabel as Funk makes his way up the ramp.

We go backstage to Lotto Money’s office. Lotto sits in a leather chair, leaning back. He notices the camera and leans forward, adjusting his Captain’s hat.

Lotto: You know what? I think that Greg “The Hammer” Valentine is a bit rusty. So, tonight, he has a warm-up match against “Dr. Death” Steve Williams. Enjoy the show.

We return to a view of the announcers as they talk about this announcement.

Johnson: I’ll bet anything that Rodney Mack had something to do with that announcement.

Ventura: What difference does it make? Now they both have matches tonight. Seems fair to me.

Johnson: Dr. Death is out to hurt anyone who gets into the ring with him. How is that fair?

We fade to a commercial break.

Commercials

We return from the commercials as Mark Henry makes his way down to the ring. He has a smirk on his face and both Doubles titles around his shoulders. He is booed as he walks down to the ring but he doesn’t care as he flips off a fan. He gets into the ring and takes the mic from a scared looking ring technician.

Henry: Hello, fans. Make sure you order Scars and Stripes tomorrow. After all, I’m gonna be in the main event. Who’s gonna stop me from that title? Norman Smiley? Jim Duggan? (pop) Jim Fullington? Rikishi? (boos) None of those guys stand a chance. I’m genetics at its finest. Now bring me my next victim.

Norman Smiley comes out to his music. He looks deadly serious and gets a small pop. The crowd chants for a Big Wiggle but Smiley ignores it, staring at Henry. He gets into the ring and Henry drops an elbowdrop on him.

Norman Smiley Vs. Mark Henry

Mark Henry doesn’t allow Smiley to get any offense as he totally dominates the match, showing off his raw power. Henry plays with Norman, like a cat enjoying a game with a mouse, before finishing him with the F-7 ½.

Winner: Mark Henry

As Henry celebrates, Smiley attempts to get up. The World’s Strongest Man notices and boots him in the face. The fans jeer him as he pulls Norman up and hits another F-7 ½. Henry smiles as he leaves the ring.

Ventura: An impressive showing by Henry.

Johnson: I agree with you there. Henry just dominated.

Ventura: The World’s Strongest Man looks on a sure path to that Icon title.

Johnson: You of all people should know that there are no sure paths to gold.

Ventura: Don’t deny it, Mike. You know as well as I do that Henry is gonna be a tough guy to beat.

We go backstage where Valentine is stretching for his match with Dr. Death. He finishes up and walks down the hallway, towards the ring.

Johnson: He looks ready. Dr. Death may be in for a hell of a fight.

We fade out to the commercial break as Mike Johnson speaks.

Commercials

We return as Dr. Death makes his way down the ramp, fans booing him. He shadowboxes then rolls into the ring. He smiles as he hands his red hooded robe to the ref. He stares down the ramp, waiting for his opponent.

Greg Valentine waits little time as his music hits. He speed-walks to the ring and then slides into the ring. Before the ref can even ring the bell, the two men are brawling in the center of the ring.

Dr. Death Vs. Greg “The Hammer” Valentine

Probably the best match of the night in terms of wrestling. Dr. Death dominated the early going with some technical wrestling as well as some all out brawling. Valentine worked on Williams’ legs any and every chance he had. Dr. Death impressed many with some well-executed suplexes. Valentine replied with an elbow to the face as Steve Williams tried to lock up. Dr. Death replied to booting him in the gut and delivering a devastating Doctor Bomb. Steve Williams, instead of covering his opponent, climbed up the ropes and attempted a moonsault. Steve William’s left leg seemed to give out as he attempted it. “The Hammer” got out of the way and Dr. Death landed hard on the mat. Valentine locked the Figure-Four on Dr. Death and he tapped out.

Winner: Greg “The Hammer” Valentine

Valentine holds his arm up in victory as he walks up the ramp.

Johnson: Valentine showed a heart of a champion as he fought and won a tough match against “Dr. Death” Steve Williams.

Ventura: That doesn’t mean a thing. He still has to defend that Superstar title tomorrow.

The Classic-Tron flashes as a image comes into view. The man, shadowed in darkness, stands in a generic background as he talks.

Man: Tomorrow, I make the impact I’ve been promising

I will make friends and enemies through my actions

Those who oppose me will fall to their knees

CCW, prepare for a REVOLUTION!

The screen fades to commercial as we see white teeth in the shadow man’s mouth.

Commercials

Saliva’s “Superstar” plays as Rikishi and Jim Fullington come into view of the camera. Rikishi flaunts his Icon title, as Jim Fullington looks inwardly unhappy. They make their way down to the ring. They wait in front of it as Back The Mack hits over the PA system. Rodney Mack walks out, looking angry. He walks past them and they all get into the ring.

HOOO! Hacksaw’s music plays as Jim Duggan, the Patriot and the Ultimate Warrior walk out, waving American flags. They get a huge cheer as they run down to the ring and slide into the ring. There is a six-man brawl in the ring as the ref rings the bell.

Team America (Hacksaw Jim Duggan, the Patriot and the Ultimate Warrior) Vs. Rikishi, Jim Fullington and Rodney Mack

A brawl from beginning to end, this match got some strong fan reaction. The Warrior and Duggan received the most fan support, followed closely by the Patriot. Rikishi and Fullington got strong heel reactions, Mack getting perhaps a bit stronger than Fullington. At the end, the match deteriorated into a brawl again. In the end, Hacksaw set up for his Running Forearm but Rikishi again pushed Fullington into it. Rikishi then left ringside as his employee was pinned and Mack was exchanging blows with the Warrior on the outside.

Winner: Team America

Rikishi walked up the ramp and left as Mack helped Fullington backstage. Duggan and his cohorts celebrated as we go off air.

Johnson: Fans, be sure for to tune in tomorrow for Scars and Stripes. It looks to be explosive.

Ventura: Thanks for tuning in. See you tomorrow.

Classic Championship Wrestling is Proud to Present: Scars and Stripes

When GM Lotto Money announced the PPV, no one had any idea how much would ride on the night. Scars and Stripes promises to change the face of CCW forever. Whatever results will definately be interesting.

In a Fatal Fourway for the Icon Championship, Rikishi defends his title against Hacksaw Jim Duggan, "The Human Insurance Policy" Jim Fullington and "The World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry. Will Rikishi retain the title or will one of his challengers become the new champion? Will Jim Fullington look out for his employer or for himself? Can Mark Henry prove his point?

In what promises to become one of the most violent cage matches in the history of Classic Championship Wrestling, the former Doubles Champions Demolition face off against their rivals, Kyo Dai. Can Kyo Dai finally get the revenge they have been chasing or will the veterans triumph again?

When Rodney Mack lost the Superstar Championship, his whole world came crashing down. When Greg "The Hammer" Valentine gained the title, he brought a new respect to the belt that it had been lacking. Both men meet in a Submission match and only one will walk out with the belt. Who will make their opponent tap and who will submit?

As soon as Rap 101 made their debut in the CCW, one man took an instant dislike to them. Alan Funk was that one man. He hated everything they stood for and enlisted a man who was tough enough to get the job done, Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Now, Rap 101's status as a team hangs in the balance. If they want to ever rap or team together, they must defeat Alan Funk and Jake "The Snake". But if they were to defeat Funk and Roberts, Roberts vowed that he would leave the Cowboy out in the cold.

During the recent Classic Wrestling's, a video continues to air. The figure in this video promises to make waves through out CCW when he debuts tonight. Will he keep his promise?

In a match made after Classic Wrestling went off the air, the undefeated Tiger Ali Singh takes on the flag-waving Patriot. Can Singh keep his streak intact against such an experienced foe?

All this and more, live on PPV.....

• 2 weeks later...

Johnson: I’d like to welcome you all to Scars and Stripes. What a night it’s going to be tonight…

Ventura: Indeed, Mike. The CCW stars are gonna blow the roof off this place.

Johnson: That’s for sure, Jesse. We’ve got some classic matches booked here.

Ventura: Like Kyo Dai taking on the Demolition for the Doubles titles and Rodney Mack facing off against Greg “The Hammer” Valentine.

Johnson: Don’t forget Alan Funk and Jake Roberts taking on Rap 101 and The Patriot matching his skills against the undefeated Tiger Ali Singh.

Ventura: And, the one match we can’t forget…the main event! The match between Rikishi, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Mark Henry and Jim Fullington. All these man want the title but only one can leave with it. Unless they cut it into pieces of course…

Some patriotic music plays and The Patriot starts off the night by coming onto the ramp and waving the American flag. This gets him a decent reaction and the crowd starts a USA chant. He makes his way down the ramp, slapping the fans’ hands. He slides into the ring and waves the flag around. The Patriot perches on the middle turnbuckles with the flag, allowing the fans to take photos.

Ventura: Doesn’t the Patriot realize that just because our Pay-Per-View is called Scars and Stripes doesn’t mean he needs to bring a flag down to the ring?

Johnson: He’s just showing how much he loves his country.

Ventura: I hope his opponent, Tiger Ali Singh, makes sure that idiot leaves with some scars to go along with those stripes.

Johnson is unable to voice his disgust with “The Body” as Tiger Ali Singh’s Indian music hits over the P.A. system. Singh eyes his opponent contemptuously, if not just a bit timidly, as he makes his way slowly to the ring. He yells at a fan and rips his sign. The Patriot slides out of the ring and the match begins on the outside.

The Patriot Vs. Tiger Ali Singh

The Patriot gets the first couple of blows in, staggering Singh back against the security barrier. Singh gets a boot to the stomache in. He whips The Patriot into the opposite guardrail. Tiger Ali gives him a couple of kicks while he’s down then slides into the ring. The ref gets to 6 on his count before The Patriot makes his way into the ring. Tiger hits him with an elbow drop as he rolls in. Singh goes for a cover and The Patriot kicks out easily. The Patriot gets to his hands and knees before Tiger Ali Singh begins using his educated feet to batter our “American Hero”. The Patriot catches one and Tiger Ali is off balance. The Patriot gets to his feet and pushes Tiger’s foot away, causing him to fall. Singh replies by sweeping his feet from under him. Singh gets a near fall but The Patriot explodes back with several consecutive clotheslines then a powerslam. He pulls Singh up roughly and Tiger pushes him away. Tiger then delivers a well-executed suplex and begins to choke The Patriot. The ref cautions him and Tiger Ali breaks it at 4. Singh tries a Camel Clutch next but The Patriot makes it to the ropes. Tiger Ali Singh seems to be getting frustrated. He makes his way over the turnbuckle and begins to take the protective covering off it. The ref is checking on The Patriot and doesn’t notice this. After he’s finished his dirty work, Singh grabs The Patriot and delivers a vicious kick to the head. He nearly gets the 3 this time but The Patriot gets a shoulder up. Tiger Ali Singh tries another suplex but The Patriot has gotten his second wing and reverses it. The Patriot whips him into the corner opposite the one Tiger Ali removed the turnbuckle from. The Patriot hits his corner clothesline and whips him into the turnbuckle, which has been removed. Tiger Ali Singh stops himself from connecting with the exposed buckle but The Patriot pushes him back into it. The Patriot clings onto him and rains down punches on him. At 9, Singh walks out of the corner, with the Patriot still on him. Tiger Ali falls down and The Patriot stops his momentum down with the only thing he can, the exposed turnbuckle. As The Patriot’s face connects with the exposed turnbuckle, Tiger Ali Singh is ready and nails him with a neckbreaker as he stumbles back. The ref counts the 3 and it’s official.

Ventura: The winning streak continues as Tiger Ali Singh, Our Hindu Hero, defeats a legend in The Patriot.

Johnson: Wait, just a minute. It took an exposed turnbuckle to beat The Patriot.

Ventura: A win’s a win. I’m sure Tiger Ali Singh isn’t worrying about technicalities like that.

Tiger Ali Singh leaves the ring for a moment then returns with a microphone. He stands over the unconscious body of The Patriot as the ref checks on him. He looks down at him for a minute then begins to speak.

Tiger Ali Singh: Ladies and Gentlemen, you have just witnessed the defeat of a legend. I…

Singh doesn’t get any further as the lights go out and the Classic Tron flashes. Those who are watching the PPV from home go backstage to a camera that is unnoticed by Jake “The Snake” Roberts and “Cowboy” Alan Funk. Those who are in the arena cheer that Singh’s mic has been cut off and turn to see what’s happening backstage. Funk strums his acoustic guitar slowly, humming a melody. We can plainly see that this annoys Roberts but Alan doesn’t seem to notice. He begins to sing softly and Jake is really trying hard not to get angry with him. It’s when he starts singing loudly and badly that Jake explodes. “The Snake” jumps up from his seat and begins to scream at the Cowboy.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?

Alan Funk looks up.

“Cowboy” Alan Funk: What? What’s wrong?

Jake sighs a bit and he is a bit calmer.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts: We should be doing something different. Every time, we just sit here like this and every time, those rappers walk all over us. We need a different…strategy. I hate losing and ever since I started teaming up with you, that’s all we’ve done! It seems like we haven’t done a damn thing since we’ve joined forces. I can do better…

“Cowboy” Alan Funk: Don’t talk like that. I’ve been trying. We’re just getting into our groove.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts: Are we? How do you know?

“Cowboy” Alan Funk: I just do.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts: Hmmm…I know….we need to eliminate B-Squared. He’s the team. He’s the one who always ends up beating us. We keep Mabel from getting the tag and wear him down…that’s the way we have to do it. Then we step in and challenge the Doubles champions. They’ll be easy pickings…

Alan Funk nods vigorously and Roberts smiles cruelly.

“Cowboy” Alan Funk: Oh…and I can use a chair while the ref’s back is turned.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts: …Yea. Let’s just stick with my strategy and win.

Funk looks a bit hurt and Roberts finally relents.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts: We’ll do both but if you screw this up, I’m done. I’m out.

“Cowboy” Alan Funk: We won’t. Today is ours.

They notice the cameraman standing around and threaten him, chasing him off. The cameraman wanders away to find Rikishi standing in front of him. Rikishi smirks arrogantly, proudly displaying his Icon championship on his shoulder. Jim Fullington comes into view. He has a struggling staff member by the collar. Rikishi nods his head.

Fullington: You, my friend, are going to interview the Icon champion.

The staff member weakly protests but falls silent as Jim Fullington raises his hand.

Fullington: You, my friend, are going to interview the Icon champion. Do a good job and you’ll be rewarded. Do a bad job and you’ll face the consequences…

The man gulps nervously as Fullington smiles cruelly. Rikishi pushes into view, taking Jim Fullington out of the frame. The man slowly raises the microphone to ask a question.

Staff Member: Ummm Rikishi…what are your thoughts on your chances of walking out of Scars and Stripes with that championship around your waist?

Rikishi gives him a cold look.

Rikishi: Let’s put it this way. What are the chances of me losing this tonight? And realistically, I have to look at my opponents. I’m fighting Hacksaw Jim Duggan, who is so old that I’m afraid he won’t be able to walk after I Banzai Drop him. Awww well…I’ll just have to finish him off then, put him out of his misery. Another Banzai Drop to finish what he started. And Mark Henry, the so-called World’s Strongest Man. I’m not worried about him either. You know why? It’s because he can’t get it done in the ring. Sure, he may be able to win the Doubles titles but this is the big league, the main event. When was the last time he won one of those? That’s right. You can’t think of any. So what are the chances of me losing tonight? Slim to none…

Rikishi begins to walk away. As he’s leaving, the staff member asks another question.

Staff Member: What about your associate, Jim Fullington?

Rikishi stops and returns. He shrugs at the question.

Rikishi: What about Jim Fullington?

Staff Member: Do you think he could be a threat to your title?

Rikishi: In case you haven’t noticed, who employs Mr. Fullington? Who does he open doors and carry bags for? Who pays him good money to solve problems? If it wasn’t for me, he’d probably be living out on the streets, eating out of a dumpster.

Fullington’s stony face flinches at what he says and it is apparent he’s holding back his anger.

Rikishi: Even if I wasn’t paying the guy, you think he’d have the guts and the stamina to outlast me? That’s insane. I’ve got this belt for a reason. I’m the best wrestler here. That’s all there is to it. This belt ain’t going nowhere.

Rikishi walks offscreen. Fullington goes to follow him but is asked a question by the staff member. He stops and turns to face the camera.

Staff Member: What do you think you’re chances are in this match?

Jim Fullington: Tonight, I’m going to be unleashed like never before. I’m going to…

We hear Rikishi’s voice call him and Fullington looks at the camera.

Jim Fullington: No comment…

Fullington walks away, leaving the staff member confused. We return to the ring, where our next match is about to begin. BOOYAH! Rap music plays over the PA system as B-Squared and Mabel come into view. They strut down to the ring. Mabel pulls himself up and over the ropes while B-Squared slides into the ring. Mabel and B-Squared have a short discussion while waiting for their opponents.

Some country music plays as Alan Funk rides out on a wooden stick horse. He adjusts his cowboy hat and raises his guitar. Jake Roberts follows him, looking a bit embarrassed to be teaming with the cowboy. Funk motions for “The Snake” to come ride down to the ring with him on his stick horse. Roberts blows him off and they make their way to the ring.

Johnson: A little dissention between Jake “The Snake” and “Cowboy” Alan Funk?

Ventura: Of course not, Mike. They know how big of an opportunity this is. If they win, they would be the number 1 contenders for the Doubles titles. Plus, would you want to ride on a stick horse with another guy?

Johnson: No. But, Roberts said backstage that, if they were to lose, he wouldn’t team with Funk anymore.

Ventura: I’m not worried. There’s no way they could lose. Roberts and Funk have Rap 101 perfectly scouted.

Rap 101 Vs. “Cowboy” Alan Funk & Jake “The Snake” Roberts

Jake Roberts and Mabel started off the match. Mabel attempted to start off the match with some brawling but “The Snake” was quicker and was able to score with some nice punches. Mabel got a couple of glancing blows in but Roberts stayed in control. He maneuvered Mabel into the corner and continued to land blows until Mabel pushed him away. Roberts replied with a clothesline, which didn’t faze Mabel. Mabel came after Roberts and got a boot to the gut for his trouble. “The Snake” made the tag to “Cowboy” Alan Funk. They proceeded to whip Mabel into the ropes. Mabel rebounded with a double clothesline. He made a desperation tag to B-Squared. B-Squared was fired up and dominated his exchange with Alan Funk. Funk fell victim to a series of kicks and slams. Finally, B-Squared scored with a top rope superplex after Funk rebounded and climbed the turnbuckles. He got a nearfall for his trouble. He setup for his finishing Axe Kick but Roberts gave him a knee to the back, allowing Alan Funk to roll up the disgruntled rapper. When Funk only got a 2 count, he nailed a spinning neckbreaker and tried again. B-Squared again kicked out and Funk pulled him up to deliver a gutbuster. Funk was able to hit an atomic drop then a couple of knees to the face. B-Squared went down then used his leg to trip the “Cowboy”. Alan was close enough, luckily, to his corner to make a tag. Roberts dropped an elbow on B-Squared, who had crawled to the other corner and was close to tagging Mabel. Roberts yanked up the exhausted rapper and gave him a jawbreaker then a short arm clothesline. “The Snake” set up for a DDT but B-Squared reversed into an arm wrench hook kick. Roberts went down like a sack of bricks. B-Squared got Roberts up and slammed his head repeatedly into the turnbuckles. Funk tried a cheap shot but B-Squared coolly threw him outside the ring. Funk grabbed his guitar, slid it in to “The Snake” then distracted the ref. The shot connected and B-Squared was down for the count. The ref turned around and counted 1…2…2 and ½! B-Squared narrowly kicked out. The fans erupted and Jake “The Snake” looked frustrated. He made a tag to Funk and they attempted to double team B-Squared. The rapper replied with a boot, sending Roberts to the outside and an Axe Kick to “Cowboy” Alan Funk. Unfortunately, neither man had the strength to make the cover. It was B-Squared however that was able to make it to his corner and tag. At this point, Alan Funk was on the mat and Jake “The Snake” Roberts had waved off the match. He made his way up the ramp as Mabel looked on, a bit perplexed. However, when Roberts was gone, Mabel decided this was no trick and landed his Jumping Splash on Alan Funk for the win.

Winners: Rap 101

B-Squared and Mabel’s arms are raised by the ref and they celebrate with the fans. Funk lies still in the ring.

Johnson: I wonder what Funk’s reaction will be when he regains consciousness.

Ventura: I know where you’re going with this. And it’s not Jake’s fault. He told Alan that he wanted to win and Alan couldn’t get it done.

Johnson: This was a tag team match. It takes two men to win and Jake forfeited his win when he left his partner. He could have saved him.

Ventura: Why should Roberts always have to be the savior? Why can’t Funk save himself?

We go backstage. Hiroki comes into view. She’s wearing her traditional Japanese kimono and white make up on her face. She is furiously talking on her cell phone.

Hiroki: When are you coming? Soon?

There is a slight pause while the person on the other end answers.

Hiroki: Good. Just be here as soon as possible. You remember what we discussed?

There is another lull.

Hiroki: Okay. Just be sure to stick to the plan. They won’t know what hit them.

Hiroki smiles deviously as she turns off her cell phone. The camera fades back out to the arena.

Johnson: What was that about?

Ventura: Who knows! Maybe Kyo Dai isn’t here yet and she’s discussing strategy with them.

Johnson: That’s a possibility...

Some hammer sounds play over the intercom and the fans erupt in cheers. Greg Valentine makes his way down the ramp to the ring, slapping the fans’ hands as he goes. He is nearly at the ring when Rodney Mack comes barreling down the ramp and attacks him from behind. He lowers his hood and tosses Valentine into the ring.

Rodney Mack* Vs. Greg “The Hammer” Valentine

For the Superstar Title In a Submission Match

Mack slides into the ring and proceeds to give “The Hammer” a couple of boots. Greg attempt to get up but Mack gives him a knee to the gut and pushes him hard back down. Rodney starts working Valentine’s legs, using grapevines and an STF to stretch them. Instead of focusing on Valentine’s arms to help him use his finisher, The Mack Militant avoided Greg Valentine’s attempts and zeroed in on his knees. Mack used a modified surfboard to attempt an early submission but “The Hammer” was able to escape. Valentine got fired up at this point and proceeded to give Rodney repeated chops. Greg returned the abuse Mack had given him with some fine technical wrestling of his own, setting Rodney’s legs up for the Figure Four several times only to be pushed away at the last second. Rodney seemed to be on the ropes, fighting desperately until “The Hammer” missed a shoulder block in the corner and rammed his shoulder into the ring post. This gave Mack some breathing room, which he used to work over the injured arm and shoulder. Mack positions Valentine near the ring post, leaves the ring and pulls him so that his legs are on either side of the ring post. Mack smiles maliciously as he locks the Figure Four onto Valentine, the post amplifying the move’s intensity. Valentine tries to fight out but appears to loose consciousness instead. Finally, Rodney Mack releases the hold. The Mack Militant grabs the Superstar title and slides into the ring. Greg “The Hammer” pops up and slams him down hard. He then hits three consecutive clotheslines on the former champion. Mack replies by tripping him up on the fourth attempt and locking in an armbar. Valentine is able to reach the ropes and uses them to get to his feet. Rodney charges at him and the wily veteran dumps him over the top ropes with ease. Mark Henry then hits the ring and nearly takes off Valentine’s head with a clothesline. Henry pummels Greg then leaves the ringside area. Mack slides back into the ring. He locks on his Blackout, only to release him before the ref determines he is out. Mack sets him up for a Tiger Driver but Valentine reverses, causing him to fall backward. “The Hammer” locks in the Figure Four quickly. Rodney Mack has nothing to do but submit.

Winner and still Superstar champion: Greg “The Hammer” Valentine

Valentine briefly celebrates before exiting the ring. Mack gets up and kicks the rope, looking angry. He has some words with the ref before leaving the ring area as well.

Johnson: I can’t say that I’m not happy with the outcome of that match. “The Hammer” worked hard to win that match and retain his title.

Ventura: Rodney Mack had it won. Valentine would have been declared unfit to compete and the Mack Militant would have had the Superstar title around his waist again.

Johnson: Greg Valentine’s resourcefulness as well as Rodney Mack’s recent bad luck seemed to play a part in this.

Ventura: See? Even you agree that Mack deserves another shot.

Johnson: He’s already had his shot. I’m anxious to see what superstar will challenge for the Superstar title now. Who can beat “The Hammer”?

Ventura: …Rodney Mack can.

Johnson: There will be no more interruptions, no more draws. This upcoming match promises to be a classic. Former Doubles champions, the Demolition look to get back at the men who cost them the titles, Kyo Dai. They’re here not, “Body”, and I have one question. What role will Hiroki play?

Ventura: None! It’s not like she can slide through the bars of the cage, Mike.

Demolition’s music blares over the loud speakers. The Demolition come out, spiked up. They flex their muscles as they make their way down the ramp. The fans appear largely in support of the veterans, cheering loudly. The Demolition use the steel stairs to walk into the ring through the cage door. They make their way over to the corner.

Japanese horns blow. They fade into some Oriental music. Hiroki walks out, followed by Akio and Sakoda, attired in black pants. There is a nervous confidence on their faces. They take a bit more time getting into the cage, hesitant that the Demolition will attack them while they go through the ropes. After they are both in the ring, Akio approaches Smash. He extends his hand.

Johnson: What’s this? A show of sportsmanship by Kyo Dai? This is…unexpected.

Smash looks undecidedly at the hand, glancing both ways at the fans. Akio gets tired of waiting and hits a low kick. Smash tumbles down, clutching his jewels.

Demolition Vs. Kyo Dai

In a Cage Match

Ax responds by clotheslining down Sakoda, then hitting one on Akio. He gets one more on Sakoda before Akio hits him from behind. Kyo Dai put the boots to Ax until Smash rises behind them. Smash yanks Sakoda around and punches him down. Then, Smash employs the same strategy with Akio. Both teams back off into opposite corners. Demolition charged at their rivals first, Kyo Dai following suit. Unfortunately for the Japanese superstars, Ax double-clotheslined them down. The process was repeated again but this time it was Smash with the double-clothesline. Kyo Dai soon rebounded, using martial arts to stop any momentum the Demolition had gained. Hiroki slid in two weapons much like a kendo stick. Kyo Dai grabbed them and struck down their face-painted rivals. Akio took his kendo stick and used it for a strange kind of camel clutch on Ax. Sakoda dropkicked Ax in the face. Ax was released and slumped down to the mat. Smash rose and snatched the other kendo stick from the place it was lying on the mat. Sakoda turned around and nearly got his head knocked off. Akio kicked the kendo stick in half and Smash threw it out of the ring. Akio rushed at Smash and ate a mouthful of cage, thanks to the wily veteran. Ax found himself one-on-one with Sakoda. Sakoda wasted no time getting the advantage with a hurricanrana followed by a knee drop to the back of the head. Meanwhile, Akio was getting punched in the corner. As Akio slumped down, Sakoda snuck up behind Smash and drilled him into the turnbuckles. Smash drove an elbow back into Sakoda’s chin, sending him stumbling back. Ax backdropped Sakoda down. The Demolition hit powerbombs on both Kyo Dai members. Ax attempted to go out the door and Hiroki slammed the cage door on his head. Smash was halfway up the cage when Akio hopped up and grabbed him. A well-placed punch to the forehead caught Smash unawares and he tumbled to the mat. The Japanese superstars set up for a double suplex on Smash but Ax interrupted. Demolition finishes off both men with Decapitation Elbows and begins climbing the cage. But, before they get three quarters of the way up, the arena lights go dark.

Johnson: What’s going on? What happened to the lights?

Ventura: No idea, Mike. But I kind of prefer not seeing Demolition’s ugly mugs.

The lights flicker on and the Demolition are back in the ring, trying to figure out what just occurred. Behind them, a man in black gets ready. As Smash turns around, the man in black grabs his face. FACE CLAW SLAM! Ax hesitates as he spins to see his partner fall and the man in black delivers another to the dazed Demolition member. Outside, Hiroki is clapping and has a huge grin on her face. The man in black picks up Kyo Dai and carries them out on his shoulders.

Winners: Kyo Dai

Johnson: I can’t believe it! Demolition had the match won…

Ventura: They may have but this guy changed that, didn’t he? Who the hell is he?

Johnson: And what does he have to do with Kyo Dai?

The members of Kyo Dai recover and walk up the ramp, arms held high, with Hiroki. The man in black follows. When they get far enough away from what they have done, Hiroki raises the mic she has in her hands.

Hiroki: I told you, did I not? I told you we had backup. I told you we were not alone in this fight. But you people didn’t believe us. Of course not. We’re Japanese. What do we know? The Demolition didn’t think we were a threat either and you all witnessed first hand what happened to them. They are finished. And we have one man to thank for that. That man is…

The man in black removes his mask to reveal…KENZO SUZUKI!

Hiroki: This is just the beginning. Our time is now and we won’t let anyone else hog the spotlight.

Hiroki drops the mic as the crowd buzzes. Kyo Dai, including Kenzo, raises their arms triumphantly as they walk through the curtain.

Johnson: This is certainly a night for suprises, Jesse. Kenzo Suzuki is the mystery man.

Ventura: He sure is. But why?

Johnson: I have no idea. But our main event is next! What a scorcher.

The ring is soon clear and the cage has been raised back up. “Superstar” by Saliva hits and Rikishi struts to the ring, Icon title resting on his shoulder. Jim Fullington, who looks focused and ready to go off at any time, follows him at a distance.

HOOOO! "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan enters the arena next, waving his signature 2X4 and the American flag. He gives the camera a thumbs up and uses the ropes to pull himself on the apron. Rikishi and Fullington tense up as they consider attacking him. Duggan places the flag in his corner and waves the 2X4 menacingly at them.

Mark Henry’s music is last to hit over the P.A. system. Henry poses, showing off his muscles. He jaws a bit with a fan who has seemingly forgotten Mark Henry in the World’s Strongest Man. Henry, at last, enters the ring and the competitors stare down each other.

Johnson: This is not a match that favours the champion. He only has a one in four chance of retaining.

Ventura: He’s got as much chance as the next guy. Besides, Rikishi is one of the most resourceful in our sport.

Rikishi* Vs. “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan Vs. “Human Insurance Policy” Jim Fullington Vs. “World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry

For The Icon Championship

This match is a brawl from the start, each man trying to land as many punches as they can. Fullington, Henry and Rikishi form a short alliance as they work to eliminate “Hacksaw”. This alliance dissolves when Fullington catches Mark Henry with a boot to the face. Henry tumbles out of the ring. Hacksaw takes advantage, slamming the “Human Insurance Policy” down. Rikishi attempts to attack Duggan from behind but “Hacksaw” procedes to spin and clothesline him. Henry returns to the ring as Duggan battles Rikishi and his bodyguard, furious at what has happened to him. He literally tears everyone apart, his strength impressing viewers. The World’s Strongest Man did not have the advantage for long, however. Duggan hit him with two clotheslines, not even shaking the big man and resulting in Duggan getting tossed over the ropes. This momentary distraction worked against Henry, as Jim Fullington rushed in to hit a Big Boot. Rikishi pulled his bodyguard off Henry and pinned the World’s Strongest Man himself. Mark Henry is eliminated!

Fullington was none too happy with his employer’s actions and shoved him as Mark Henry made his way to the back. Rikishi shoved him back. Both men seemed about to fight when “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan charged and hit a double clothesline. Duggan tossed Fullington out and went after the Icon champion, staggering him with an array of punches. Duggan dominates Rikishi until Fullington sneaks back in. The “Human Insurance Policy” sets up and delivers another Big Boot, missing Duggan and hitting Rikishi. Fullington shrugs and pins Rikishi. Rikishi is eliminated!

The final two are Rikishi’s bodyguard, Jim Fullington and “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan. Both men regard each other in an intense staredown. They hammer each other as Rikishi watches on the outside. Rikishi grabbed a chair and slid into the ring. He swung for Fullington, who ducked the shot. The ref got blasted. Hacksaw charged at the former duo from behind and the “Human Insurance Policy” moved out of the way. Duggan’s Running Forearm sent Rikishi out of the ring. Fullington spun “Hacksaw” around and hit a Choke Bomb. He then climbed the turnbuckles. FLYING LEGDROP! Fullington crawls to cover. 1…2…3!

Winner and NEW Icon Champion: Jim Fullington

Johnson: Oh my God! We’ve got a new champion.

Ventura: The “Human Insurance Policy” now has gold around his waist. And he took it from the man who employed him.

Johnson: What a night! Tune in next week for Classic Wrestling for the fallout of this event. Thank you and good night.

We fade out to the image of Jim Fullington standing over “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan’s body.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...