American Dad

Your Mom

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ringmaster

The show wasn't funny. Personally, Family Guy fan-boys have pretty much killed any interest I may have in watching further Family Guy with the incessant repeating of the jokes, over and over and over. I swear, if I hear one more person imitating Speed Racer, someone's gonna die.

I thought it was pretty hularious.

The mall scene were the dad stole the purse was funny. Also the Jack In The Box part. Finally the girl using the dead dog for the excuss was good.

Just give it awhile. Family Guy's first episode wasn't great, but after a couple times you find something funny that you werent really paying attition for.

But finally I think that a new Family Guy episode would of been much better for after the Superbowl.

Guest Bluesman

I thought it was great. However, I understand all the dislike, as in retrospect most of my amusement came at the political stuff. If you don't know/care about that, I can see why the show was awful. Even though I saw it coming, the bit about him being in the CIA, and rigging elections as his 'bread and butter' was hilarious. The Simpsons was actually pretty funny for once (didn't even laugh at last week's episode), with them taking shots at Passion and sports celebrations/halftime show.

I thought it was hiliarious, and the stuff with the dog had me rolling on the floor. The only thing that annoyed the hell out of me is that annoying ass fish (tho I did like it's origin), it just was stupid and unfunny in my opinion, but otherwise, I liked it.

Everyone who complains I bet will be watching the second episode on May 1st, right after Family Guy....I think this will become another cult classic show, too.

I had mixed feelings about American Dad. Though it made me smile a couple of times, it wasn't the greatest thing I've ever seen as some of my class mates thought. Then again, the first couple of Family Guys were nothing special. So I'll watch the next couple to see if it improves.

Is it just me or did the show seem to be an outlet for Seth MacFarlene's political views? I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed so very anti-democrat with the opening thing and the jokes about Democrats. Then again, I didn't finish watching it because I didn't find it that funny.

Guest Bluesman

It wasn't just anti-democrat, it was pretty clear he was taking shots at both parties. The big difference is that the show background is more political, with the jobs/roles of the dad and daughter, that the politics is going to be more frequent and more pronounced.

Is it just me or did the show seem to be an outlet for Seth MacFarlene's political views? I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed so very anti-democrat with the opening thing and the jokes about Democrats. Then again, I didn't finish watching it because I didn't find it that funny.