American Dad

Your Mom

For those that missed American Dad or want to see it again, Cartoon Network will be playing it at 11:30 PM ET on Adult Swim on Sunday Night this Sunday. Might be your last chance for a few months.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brady_3for3

Is it just me or did the show seem to be an outlet for Seth MacFarlene's political views? I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed so very anti-democrat with the opening thing and the jokes about Democrats. Then again, I didn't finish watching it because I didn't find it that funny.

I highly doubt Seth McFarlane is a Republican. Most of his jokes were at the reactionist policies of the Bush administration post-9/11, not to mention the shot at Bush's "God wanted me to be President" ridiculousness. Sure there were a couple cracks at the expense of Democrats, but it's not like it's that hard to do.

From CHUD.com, witha bit of bias from the writer (obviously), but still terrible:

What kind of bullshit is this? What kind of a world are we living in when I can read in The Hollywood Reporter that Fox is reducing their episode order for the completely hilarious and great and classic Arrested Development? What kind of a world is it where I can read in The Hollywood Reporter that this is happening so they can air the completely underwhelming (so everyone I have talked to about it says, I can't be bothered to watch the crap that spews from the barely talented Seth McFarland) American Dad?

From CHUD.com, witha  bit of bias from the writer (obviously), but still terrible:

What kind of bullshit is this? What kind of a world are we living in when I can read in The Hollywood Reporter that Fox is reducing their episode order for the completely hilarious and great and classic Arrested Development? What kind of a world is it where I can read in The Hollywood Reporter that this is happening so they can air the completely underwhelming (so everyone I have talked to about it says, I can't be bothered to watch the crap that spews from the barely talented Seth McFarland) American Dad?

Seriously...I saw the pilot, and it didn't look like anything that couldn't have been contained in an episode of Family Guy where Peter randomly gets a job with the CIA.

It potentially taking time away from Arrested Development, one of, if not THE, best comedies on TV right now is just plain stupidity, and makes me dislike the show even more.

Awesome, FOX...maybe next they could cut 24 down, call it 17, and air more shows where people play tug-of-war against orangutans. Good times.