Rock Bands With Original Members

K

AC/DC has more or less consistent members.

Angus Young and Malcolm Young are originals.

Phil Rudd was the original drummer, but he left the group due to drug problems and fighting with Mal in '83, but he rejoined them ten years later, and is the current drummer.

Cliff Williams took over playing Bass for Mark Evans in '78, and has been doing it ever since.

Brian Johnson replaced Bon Scott as the lead singer after Bon died...

But still, the current line up is the same one they sported in 1980, and they've had it for a long while.

The only time I know Malcolm went off from AC/DC was when he went into alchohol rehab, his cousiin Stevie took over rhythm guitar. But that was just for one tour....

And I heard Danzig's gonna tour with the Misfits too.

The day that happens is the day I walk away from music forever. There are three things that are guarantees in the music world:

1. Record labels will always care about money more than heart.

2. Motorhead will live forever.

3. Danzing will NEVER EVER REJOIN THE MISFITS.

If any one of these three things either ceases to be, then there is but one logical answer for the entire world: seppuku.

Keith, the Misfits are disgusting now, and I fucking hate that Jerry Only even calls them that.

It's Only, Dez from Black Flag, and Marky Ramone.

Essentially, the Misfits have NEVER really been an original line-up, as they had about 9 different drummers.

I must agree, I heard some stuff with Graves (Descending Angel or some such) and I couldn't bear it. It's like the Misfits tried to go from horrorcore/hardcore/punk to power metal. Ugh.

Although I don't know how the Only/Dez/Marky Ramone line-up sounds. I like Black Flag and I like The Ramones and I like Jerry Only, but like I said - I haven't heard any of it.

On topic, Black Sabbath reunited for Ozzfest last year and they're playing again this year, iirc...

Some of the covers were decent.

What I don't like is how some people compare Graves to Danzig. I mean I know it's innevitable, but they're two different people with two different styles. Musically, I think Graves is a much better singer than Danzig. And American Psycho and Famous Monsters are better albums musically than any of the original Misfits work.

That being said, I still like the old Misfits more, simply for the feel of the music.

You guys should check out Graves' new band Gotham Road too. Season of the Witch is a great track.

Do believe there was/is a version of Genesis with out any of the orginal members, it all went down hill after Phil Collins anyway. The Rolling Stones don't have all the orginal members, Jagger and Richards are the only ones left as far as I know. I think it's similar with The Who. There are also 2 versions of the Flying Pickets.

Another question, Any bands with none of the original members?

There are two versions of the Oldies band the Rascals, there's Felix Cavaleri's and then there's The "New" Rascals... I dunno if any of the original members are in the New Rascals. I could be way off there though.

And while we're on the subject, anyone hear the lead singer of Damageplan is joining up with the surviving members of Alice in Chains for a Tsunami Relief show? Also could lead to a new incarnation of the band. Also, this performance will be the first time Alice in Chains have played together in almost 10 years.