World Wrestling Entertainment

Guest Grapehead

Guest Grapehead

SmackDown March 24th Results

The video intro to SmackDown plays, and we open up on a screaming crowd in Hartford. Michael Cole and Tazz are at ringside ready to kick the show off, as we begin the night with the first King of the Ring tournament match.

Mark Jindrak vs Heidenreich

The match wasn't received by the crowd as well as it should have been, despite being a pretty lack luster match. Heidenreich and Jindrak couldn't use a power advantage, so most of the match was spent trading punches, and other such moves. Booker T came to the ring, he tried to hit Heidenreich with a chair, but caught Jindrak, he pulled the ref out of the ring to save Jindrak from being pinned over. Booker distracted Heidenreich so Jindrak could hit the Mark of Excellence for the 3 count. Afterwards Booker got in the ring, but Heidenreich fought back and laid him out with a Whiplash Powerbomb.

(CR - 49%

MQ - 70%

OR - 59% - Jindrak gained 1 over)

Backstage we see John Bradshaw Layfield still celebrating his victory last week over Batista, as the rest of the Cabinet sit around him.

JBL: Last week when I beat the Animal Batista, I proved that I am meant to regain the WWE Championship. I'm going to go out next week and beat Undertaker or Kurt Angle, and then head to King of the Ring and beat the snot out of that punk, John Cena. Which reminds me, Harris, tonight, you have got to beat Hardcore Holly, you're going to win the King of the Ring tournament and ensure the WWE Championship stays around my waist at SummerSlam.

Harris: Don't you worry about a thing, JBL, Holly isn't going to stand a chance in the ring with me, the Justice Minister, Chris Harris.

The Cabinet give a cheer and continue celebrating their recent success.

(Overall - 71%)

Kenzo Suzuki comes to the ring with Hiroko, they get in the ring and Kenzo hands a microphone to Hiroko to translate for him.

Kenzo: (Japanese)

Hiroko: I tried to make an impact as a talkshow host, one of the most celebrate peoples in America, and only received disrespect. Tonight, I will be the one who gives disrespect, so any American who is ready for a fight, come to the ring right now.

Paul London's music hits, and the fans all cheer, as the Texas native comes running to the ring, no ref is present, so the two just get into a battle, Kenzo eventually overpowers London, and Hiroko slides a chair into the ring. Kenzo is getting ready to cause some major damage with the chair, when Funaki comes running to the ring with a chair of his own, Funaki stands in between Kenzo and London, and starts yelling at Kenzo in Japanese. It looks like Funaki has come to help a respsected competitor of his in the Cruiserweight division when he turns and smashes Paul London in the face, and begins to point and yell at him. The crowd boos heavily as Funaki turns to Kenzo and raises their arms together.

(Overall - 60% - Funaki's new gimmick got positive response, his turn was complete, and he gained 3 over)

Chris Harris vs Hardcore Holly

Short match, it was a squash for the most part, as Chris Harris dominated Holly with a lot more power than the fans expected. Harris finally hit the Capital Punishment and got the 3 count.

(CR - 64%

MQ - 75%

OR - 69%)

After Chris Harris and Hardcore Holly clear the ring, Jeff Kirkstone comes out to the ring with a look of excitement on his face.

Kirkstone: Two matches in the bag, and the best are still to come, this King of the Ring idea was great, and I'm only getting warmed up in this job. Next week, to finish out the first round, Batista will fight Rene Dupree, Eddie Guerrero faces Booker T, and AJ Styles will compete with the loser of Undertaker vs Kurt Angle later tonight. Which brings me to my next announcement, tonight in the 4 man #1 Contender tournament match between Kurt Angle and Undertaker, there's going to be a special guest referee, and that ref will be none other than the WWE Champion, John Cena!

The crowd goes nuts, as Jeff Kirkstone can see his work is finished and quickly leaves the ring before the crowd has a chance to settle down from the big announcement for tonight.

(Overall - 80% - Kirkstone gained 1 over)

Bubba Ray Dudley vs ???

Bubba is ready in the ring as the same video from last week plays, this week it finishes by saying "The Angel has Fallen!" unfamiliar music hits and out wakes a man in a cloak with the hood pulled over. The man drops his hood and reveals himself as Christopher Daniels, some of the crowd is excited, others are skeptical. The match itself is decent, Bubba totally blew and made some mistakes which should lead to backstage discussion. Daniels made a huge impact carrying Bubba through the match, finally he hit the Last Rites for the 3 count. Daniels celebrated his debut to a very impressed crowd.

(CR - 72%

MQ - 78%

OR - 75% - Bubba lost 1 over, Daniels gained 2 over)

Charlie Haas came to the ring with the United States Title around his waist, he climbed in the ring and called for a mic from the ring crew.

Haas: At WrestleMania 21 I beat the "great", John Cena to take his United States Championship. I won the biggest match of my career on the biggest stage of them all, and it felt great. I'm not satisfied, though, because now I have an even greater opportunity in front of me, and it's about damn time. I worked my ass off and got nothing but a Tag Team Championship with some nobody. The new General Manager just recognizes real talent when he spots it, and that's why he's given me, Charlie Haas, a bye through the first round of the King of the Ring tournament. So when I win the tournament and head to Judgement Day to face the WWE Champion, Joh Cena, and beat him to hold both the US Title and the WWE Championship, I can rest easy heading toward SummerSlam knowing I won't have to face anyone, and I can take a well deserved week off. Big things are in store for me, so just get ready to see a change, cause this is my house now.

Haas drops the mic to heat from the crowd, he tells a few fans off, and heads to the back.

(Overall - 79% - Haas' new gimick got positive response)

Backstage Rob Van Dam is stretched across two chairs warming up for his match against Rey Mysterio up next.

(Overall - 68%)

Rey Mysterio vs Rob Van Dam

Excellent match, and well received by the audience, Mysterio and RVD definatly stole the show. RVD hit a few major spots, including a VanDaminator, and a Rolling Thunder on the outside. Mysterio connected with the 619 but RVD dodged the West Coast Pop. RVD brought the match back to his favour with a monkey flip and a split legged moonsault. RVD caught Mysterio sick looking roundhouse kick, and followed it with the Five Star Frogsplash for the 3 count.

(CR - 81%

MQ - 89%

OR - 85%)

Backstage we see a crowd, cameras move in closer to see John Cena wearing his ref uniform, laid out in the back. Beside Cena is a crowbar, much like the one he was attacked with last week, nobody around seems to know what's going on. JBL is seen off to the side of the camera ditching a ski mask, one of the trainers notices and picks it up, it looks exactly like the one worn by the Masked Man who has been attacking Cena for the last few weeks.

(Overall - 85% - Cena gained 3 over)

Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker

Very long and drawn out match, Nick Patrick came out a few minutes in to take control of the match. Angle tried to use physical strength to fight Taker, but was no match, so he quickly changed his strategy trying to invoke some speed to take the Deadman down. Taker hit a big boot to turn the match around, he set Angle up for the Tombstone, but Angle got down and tried the Angleslam, Taker countered into a Chokeslam but Angle kicked out of that. Taker got caught in the Anklelock, but managed to get the ropes after being drug around the ring more than once. Taker finished the match after countering another Angleslam, this time connecting with the Tombstone for the 3 count. Angle started freaking out after the match, he's lost his chance to go straight to the WWE Championship, but his not out of the running yet, as he still has a chance to win the King of the Ring tournament.

(CR - 93%

MQ - 75%

OR - 87%)

Overall Show Rating - 73%

TV Rating - 6.16

Attendance - 9030

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grapehead

InsideEntertainment.com

- AJ Styles was not seen on SmackDown this week, with rumours going around that he was held off the air due to the backstage argument last week. The WWE said Styles merely needed time to tie up loose ends with his former employer, either way Styles will be on the next SmackDown as he fights against Kurt Angle in the King of the Ring tournament.

- Undertaker has squashed the rumour that he was planning to walk out on his contract if he wasn't put into the WWE Championship match at King of the Ring, despite the rumours that he only said this because he got his way in a meeting with the WWE staff last Sunday. Regardless of whether he was going to walk out, it's obvious now that he's sticking around atleast a little longer, but many people are saying that Taker will be on his way out in the coming year.

- Hulk Hogan's return was apparently a false rumour, as many said through the week that he would appear on SmackDown to cost Kurt Angle the match against Undertaker, and beginning their rumoured feud. Some people have quickly changed their story, saying Hogan will in fact make his appearance in the match between AJ Styles and Kurt Angle, but that remains to be seen.

- More signings, and NWA:TNA takes the biggest hit from it. The WWE sent on screen General Manager, Jeff Kirkstone, to speak with many TNA's superstars, and apparently Kirkstone returned with pleanty of good news. So far all the wrestlers have signed a developemental deal, but some are ready to go on screen, and WWE is just being careful sending them to OVW to test first. We have no names as of yet, but expect TNA to feel some new pressure.

- The WWE have signed a new contract with Jeff Kirkstone giving him more control over his brand, as well as more backstage power. His official contract title is unknown, but he's been involved in major signings and sat in on meetings with creative and financial groups. Kirkstone has released a statement saying the WWE is not going to sit around and wait for TNA to get their act together, he plans to knock their feet out from under them and crush them before they can get into the WWE's league.

- Paul Heyman has been given reconsideration for an on air role, after a meeting with Jeff Kirkstone, Heyman agreed to set personal issues backstage aside if offered a position on screen again. Kirkstone said he had just the place for him.

Guest Grapehead

SmackDown March 31st Results

The show kicks into action with the newly formed tag team of Kenzo Suzuki and Funaki coming to the ring, Michael Cole and Tazz welcome everyone to the show, and inform us that we're in for an exciting show tonight.

Suzuki and Funaki vs The Basham Brothers

The crowd wasn't behind this match, and the wrestlers seemed to lose a little interest at points because of this. Funaki put on a great effort, as did Danny Basham, Kenzo worked well, but Doug was sluggish. Funaki hits the Rising Sun and pins Doug for the 3 count. Afterward Funaki and Kenzo beat the hell out of Danny in the corner, then hit Doug with a Frankensteiner to Powerbomb combo.

(CR - 65%

MQ - 79%

OR - 72%)

After the match is over the Dudley Boyz come out with the WWE Tag Team titles over their shoulders, Bubba has a microphone in his hand.

Bubba: Good work, but I'd hardly consider those two a challenge, so I don't really think you two have what it takes to make it in the tag team division. See, me and my brother D-Von here, we're the best tag team the WWE has ever seen, and we own this division, so when it comes to who fights in our division, we're pretty picky.

Funaki: Listen fatty, you don't think we've got what it takes, then next week how about you two step in the ring with us and put those WWE Tag Team titles on the line.

Bubba: Okay... we'll fight you two, but in a non-title match, you're going to have to prove you deserve a shot before we give you a real one.

The Dudley Boyz leave to their music as Funaki and Kenzo take a few more shots on the Bashams before leaving the ring.

(Overall - 59%)

Backstage in the parking lot a car pulls up, John Cena steps out with the WWE Championship, the crowd goes wild. Cena gets a bag from the trunk and heads inside the arena.

(Overall - 78%)

Batista vs Rene Dupree

Basically a squash match, Batista made Dupree look terrible in the ring, which was a change of pace from his match with JBL. Dupree hit all of three offensive moves during this short match. Batista ended things very quickly with a series of heavy moves, he hit a spinebuster and followed up with the Batista Bomb for a 3 count.

(CR - 75%

MQ - 71%

OR - 73%)

Paul London comes to the ring following a commercial, he stands on the turnbuckle and holds the Cruiserweight Championship up, and the crowd cheers him on.

London: So, AJ Styles thinks he's going to change things around here, he thinks he's better than me and the other cruiserweights because he's fought in some "X-Division." Well I'm going to show Styles why I'm the Cruiserweight Champion. I know I can't fight AJ, since he's so busy with the King of the Ring tournament, so instead I'll lay out an open challenge for my Cruiserweight Championship at King of the Ring, whoever wants a shot, can come get it.

London drops the mic and holds the Cruiserweight Championship up again to another pop. Akio's music hits now and he walks out to the ring, he picks up the mic that London dropped.

Akio: Anyone? I certainly want the chance to take the title you do not deserve, and place it around my waist, where it belongs. You want a challenge, then you will get exactly what you wish for, but it will come at a price, and that is your Cruiserweight Championship.

Akio shoves the mic into London's chest then punches him in the head and continues a beating, trainers and officials come rushing out to seperate the two.

(Overall - 53%)

Booker T vs Eddie Guerrero

Booker was trying to take out some aggression on Eddie for his feud with Heidenreich, but Guerrero was doing a good job of countering and reversing Booker's moves. Booker kept checking the outside of the ring or the ramp to see if Heidenreich was coming for him, and this gave Eddie pleanty of opportunity to take advantage. Eddie hit the Frogsplash but didn't get a 3 count, Booker connected with the Scissors Kick but also didn't manage a 3 count. Eddie tried the Frogsplash again, but Booker stood up before he could jump, so Eddie tried an axehandle slam, but Booker countered into the Bookend, Eddie elbowed Booker in the head, then slipped behind him and rolled him up holding onto his trunks for the 3 count. Eddie stole the match from Booker and was all smiles, the crowd cheered for Eddie who headed up the ramp. Heidenreich came out of the crowd grabbing a chair on his way, he slid in to take advantage of the distracted Booker. Booker managed to duck the chairshot and hit a heel kick knocking the chair into Heidenreich's skull. Booker T's music hit and he celebrated a little and left.

(CR - 79%

MQ - 75%

OR - 77%)

Charlie Haas is walking backstage, checking out his US Title, and calling to all the women he passes by, when he spots Paul Heyman leaning against a table.

Heyman: Hey, Haas, come here a minute. You know, me and you, we've got a lot in common, but the main thing that brings us together, is how badly mistreated we are by the WWE. Now, I know you're a bright young star, you're going places, look at you holding the United States Championship, getting bye's in the King of the Ring tournament, you are one impressive athlete. There's something missing though, and that's guidance. You have the talent, the look, the presence, but you just don't have that sense of where to apply it, and that my friend, is where I come in.

Haas: Alright, and how exactly do you think you are going to help me, I don't need help, I'm Charlie Haas, I'm a master in the ring.

Heyman: ... and you need a master backstage to complete the package, you need me. Just listen to this...

Heyman leans over and whispers something into Haas' ear, whatever it is, it brings a smile to the face of Charlie Haas. Heyman pats Haas on the back and the two walk off together.

(Overall - 74%)

John Cena barges into Jeff Kirkstone's office backstage, he looks ready for a fight, but his head is bandaged up.

Cena: I want JBL, and I want him NOW!

Kirkstone: Well, that's going to be difficult, considering JBL is booked for the night to face the Undertaker, and the winner will fight you, John Cena, at King of the Ring.

Cena: I don't care, put me in the match, make it triple threat, I don't give a damn, I want JBL.

Kirkstone: ... besides, John, the doctors have not cleared you to wrestle tonight due to the injury you received last week. You'll just have to wait until next week, I'll sign you in some sort of match with JBL, but that's the best I can do.

Cena: Forget that, if you ain't going to give me JBL, I'll just go take him for myself.

John Cena storms out of the office, Jeff Kirkstone has a worried look on his face, but doesn't think much of it, and returns to his work.

(Overall - 81% - Kirkstone gained 1 over)

AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle

These two men worked an excellent match, too bad the crowd was far too unsure of AJ Styles to really give him any reaction, and the only reaction the crowd DID make was pouring heat on Angle. There was some mat work, as both exchanged mat based grapples, with Angle obviously dominating in the end. Styles tried some of his quick thinking, as he was whipped toward the corner he hopped up on the top rope and superkicked Angle, then hit a shooting star press, but only got a 2 count. Angle fought back into the match with more mat based grapples, he caught Styles in the Anklelock but Styles caught the ropes. Angle whipped Styles into the ropes, he back flipped over Angle and caught him in a reverse DDT, the only reaction he really got from the crowd. Angle helped Styles look really good, it was a very noble effort on the part of Angle. Styles finished things up after an amazing match, connecting with the Styles Clash for the 3 count.

(CR - 66%

MQ - 93%

OR - 79% - Angle lost 1 over, Styles gained 2 over)

John Cena comes out to the ring with a baseball bat in his hand, and a microphone in the other, he doesn't look happy at all.

Cena: I'm calling out JBL, we're going to have us a fight, right here, right now.

There's no sign of JBL coming to the ring, and Cena is looking impatient.

Cena: JBL, I know it was you attacking me the last few weeks, I know you're the one who cost me the United States Championship. You couldn't cost me the WWE Championship though, cause you were in the match. You can quit hiding behind your little mask, JBL, you want a fight? You can come get your fight. Come on, JBL!

JBL's music finally hits, the crowd is excited for the battle they have been promised, JBL comes out in his limo, and steps out and a crew member comes running up and hands JBL a microphone.

JBL: I have no idea what you're talking about, Cena. Last week, when the camera showed me dropping a mask, I was only investigating the crowd, when I realized it was just you, I didn't really care and walked away. I happened to notice the mask, but again, since it was you I didn't really care.

Cena: Hold up, you expect me to believe you weren't the one who beat me up last week, and the week before? You're the only guy who is constantly riding me in the back about how much of a 'punk' I am. Give me a break, JBL, get your ass down here and face the consequences of your stupid actions over the last few weeks.

JBL: I won't fight you, Cena, not tonight anyways, because I already have a match with the Undertaker. Once I beat him, however, then I get to challenge you for the WWE Championship that was stolen from me by that worthless General Manager. Now get him out of the ring so I can have my match.

Cena turns around as Chris Harris and Orlando Jordan pounce and lay a beating on John Cena. Jordan hits Cena with a chair, and Harris nails the Capital Punishment onto the chair. After the beating the two drag Cena out and throw him in the trunk of the limo, and drive off in it, as JBL heads to the ring for his match.

(Overall - 76% - Jordan gained 1 over)

John Bradshaw Layfield vs The Undertaker

Stiff match, as both men exchange blows for awhile, and hard clotheslines. Taker hits the oldschool armbreaker, and begins to stalk JBL for a chokeslam, but JBL hits a lowblow then tries the Clothesline from Hell, but Taker ducks. Nothing really exciting happened, in fact the only thing the crowd was cheering for were Undertakers signatures. Taker connected with a big boot, and made a cover for a 2 count, and made many more following this. After what seemed like an eternity, Undertaker hit JBL with a Tombstone as the ref is counting to 3 the bell rings, and the announcer calls for a time limit draw. Undertaker can't believe this, the match is tied. Orlando Jordan appears in the ring with a chair now, but Taker ducks and hits a big boot sending the chair into the face of Jordan, Harris tries to get in, but Taker hits him with a Tombstone, the Bashams come in now and get a double chokeslam. Undertaker stands tall in the ring as the show goes off the air, with no #1 Contender.

(CR - 84%

MQ - 71%

OR - 80%)

Overall Show Rating - 71%

TV Rating - 5.79

Attendance - 10002

Edited by Spongebob_V2

Guest Grapehead

InsideEntertainment.com

- Hulk Hogan may still appear on WWE TV within the next year, however, his role is unknown, as well as which brand he will appear on. Talks of Hogan appearing to cost Kurt Angle matches have turned out to be false, as suspected, but in the end the WWE did leak information of Hogan possibly coming back for one more run.

- With the arrival of many TNA stars to the OVW roster, it's become a growing concern of many of the former wrestlers that they will not receive their break into the WWE. Guys like Matt Morgan and Chris Masters who were expected to appear on TV soon, are now put farther back in a bigger line to get their big chance. OVW authorities assured everyone, however, that whoever deserved their shot would get it first.

- The Tag Team division on SmackDown looks to be getting a fresh set of competition, with the new team of Kenzo Suzuki and Funaki showing up, and the expected debut of Jardi Frantz and Shannon Moore. It's not surprising, as the division had been pretty much overlooked during and following WrestleMania 21.

- Matt Hardy has signed a deal which will see him return to TV following King of the Ring, and make his in ring return at Judgement Day. Matt Hardy is expected to work a few matches with AJ Styles or even Rob Van Dam, no official word as of now.

Guest Grapehead

SmackDown April 7th Results

SmackDown kicks off with the video intro, followed by a longer than usual scan of the crowd. Michael Cole informs everyone that Tazz is off sick tonight and filling in is Josh Matthews. Jeff Kirkstone's music hits and he comes out to a great reaction from the crowd.

Kirkstone: Once again I'm left with a tough decision in regards to who will fight for the WWE Championship. It's quite obvious that Undertaker was in control of the match when the time limit expired, but there's no way to be sure he would have won. Again, JBL has found himself in a draw, and since I want as much time as possible to promote the King of the Ring WWE Championship match, I am going to waste no time making the decision. In times like these, I will go with what worked last time, and that is to award both men the opportunity to compete for the WWE Championship. At King of the Ring on April 17th, John Cena will defend his WWE Championship against John Bradshaw Layfield AND the Undertaker. Now, as a little sneak peak at this match, tonight Cena will team with Undertaker to face JBL and another member of his cabinet, his choice. We're also going to see a few second round King of the Ring tournament matches tonight. Sit back and enjoy the show folks.

Kirkstone leaves to some cheers, but the crowd is pretty quiet still.

(Overall - 71%)

John Cena is backstage, he comes up to JBL and gets right in his face, the Cabinet looks ready to fight but JBL puts his hand up to stop them.

Cena: Don't bother lying anymore, JBL, you've been attacking me for the last few weeks, why don't you just admit it, and fight me face to face this time.

JBL: Like I said before, Cena, I have no idea what you're talking about. If you've got someone running around attacking you, that's a problem you need to deal with, but son, it ain't me, so give it a rest.

Suddenly the masked man runs up behind Cena and knocks him over the head with his crowbar. Cena lays on the ground, JBL looks stunned, as the masked man runs off. The Cabinet can't believe what they've just witnessed, but something looks out of place... Chris Harris isn't standing with the Cabinet.

(Overall - 76%)

Elsewhere backstage we see Shannon Moore walking around, he has a look on his face as if he's in search of something. We can see Christopher Daniels walking toward him, and Moore stops him.

Moore: Hey, Chris, I got to ask you something. See, the Dudley Boyz are apparently looking for a team to face them at King of the Ring, and I want in on the action.

Daniels: Ok, what are you getting at, Shannon?

Moore: Well, I don't have a partner, and I'm looking for anyone who's willing, what do you say?

Daniels: Don't think so, I've got to deal with the King of the Ring tournament itself, I've got no time for tag team action. Good luck with your search though man, now if you'll excuse me I need to have a word with our General Manager.

Moore shakes his head, then heads off down the hall, in the distance we see him confront another superstar, but the camera fades out.

(Overall - 76% - Moore gained 3 over, Daniels gained 2 over)

Suzuki and Funaki vs The Dudley Boyz

The crowd was still sleeping when this match kicked off, but it didn't slow down the pace at all. Bubba worked an excellent match, showcasing his brawling ability. Suzuki almost ended the match early with a nasty kick to the side of D-Von's head. The Dudleys hit the 3-D on Funaki, but Suzuki made the save, and fought Bubba out of the ring leaving the legal men alone. In the end Funaki is caught in the corner, he pulls the ref in front of him as D-Von charges forward, the ref drops to the mat. Suzuki and Funaki hit D-Von with their finishing move, but as the ref recovers he calls for their disqualification. Funaki and Suzuki look pissed as Bubba climbs in the ring, they whip him into the ropes and hit a back body drop over the ropes, then toss D-Von out with him. The Dudleys and Suzuki/Funaki have a staredown as the camera fades to a commercial break.

(CR - 70%

MQ - 91%

OR - 80% - Titles gained image)

AJ Styles' music hit the speakers, the crowd gives him some heat, but it doesn't bother Styles at all, he rolls in the ring and climbs on one of the turnbuckles and shows off.

Styles: I know a lot of guys in the back couldn't believe that I beat Kurt Angle last week, but it doesn't surprise me a bit. Guys like Angle aren't in my league, sure they may be good, but when you look at a former X-Division champion, you see something far greater than anything the WWE has to offer. Tonight I fight RVD, and go one step closer to winning the WWE Championship. I am the best in the WWE, there's no question of that, but see the real question is who has the balls to face me? Nobody in their right mind is going to step in the ring with me once they all see exactly how good I am. Pay close attention, cause I'm only going to say this once... I am just what this company needs, I'm the saving grace, the missing link, I am simply the best.

Styles throws up his arms to much more heat from the crowd, he pulls off his headband and throws it at a fan, then rolls out of the ring and heads off to the back.

(Overall - 81%)

Backstage in Charlie Haas' dressing room, Paul Heyman steps in and takes a seat beside Haas.

Heyman: You have the night off tonight again, champ, but next week you start your journey towards the WWE Championship.

Haas: Yeah, but I'm not worried if that's why you're here. I know, just like all the fans in the arena know, that I am the next WWE Champion.

Heyman: Exactly, but I've been thinking, I have a plan for next week, you might need a little boost to help you get pumped, so I was thinking...

Heyman whispers something in Haas' ear, and just like last week Haas gets a big smile on his face, he turns to Heyman and the two shake hands and leave the room together.

(Overall - 74%)

Batista vs Mark Jindrak

Match was not worked to the wrestlers full potential, and the crowd recognized this. Batista squashed Jindrak during the first half of the match, Jindrak did mount some offense late in the match though. Jindrak attempted the Mark of Excellence, but Batista countered and ended up hitting a spinebuster for a 2 count. Batista went back to dominating Jindrak and finally finished him off with the Batista Bomb for a 3 count. Batista celebrated to a lot of cheers from the fans, who seem to be getting behind Batista.

(CR - 72%

MQ - 72%

OR - 71%)

Backstage the Undertaker is sitting in a room alone, Cena walks in, and the Undertaker looks quite surprised that someone has found him.

Cena: Hey, I know we got that match at King of the Ring, and quite frankly we've never seen eye to eye, but tonight it's all about getting JBL.

Undertaker: I will make JBL rest in peace tonight, and I don't need you to help, because at King of the Ring you will suffer the same fate.

Cena looks at his WWE Championship, then walks out of the room, and undertaker goes back to sitting in the dark.

(Overall - 89%)

AJ Styles vs Rob Van Dam

One hell of a match, although it was short, RVD seemed to suffer some sort of joint injury during the match, and that forced the match to be cut short. AJ Styles and RVD did a lot of counters and reversals, and the crowd loved the speed and innovation of both men. Styles hit a shooting star press for a 2 count late in the match, and RVD came back with a kick to the stomach and then a spinning heel kick followed by a rolling thunder, but he also got a 2 count. Styles put RVD away after a lot of excellent wrestling, hitting the Styles Clash after countering a Vandaminator, and got the 3 count.

(CR - 83%

MQ - 92%

OR - 87%)

We see a video advertising King of the Ring, John Cena vs JBL vs Undertaker, plus the finals for the King of the Ring tournament.

(Overall - 100%)

John Cena/Undertaker vs John Bradshaw Layfield/Chris Harris

JBL did a terrible job selling the entire match, and it really hurt the match. Harris did a good job, and looked awfully impressive in the ring against Taker. Taker did, however, open up dominating the match against JBL and then Harris, but Harris ended up on top and Taker was forced to tag out to Cena. Cena hit Harris with a bodyslam and then the Five Knuckle Shuffle, but JBL broke the pin. After awhile all four men entered the ring, JBL caught the F-U from Cena but the ref wouldn't count the pin, Harris countered Undertaker's chokeslam attempt and hit a neckbreaker. Harris set Cena up for the Capital Punishment, but Cena countered and flipped Harris over his shoulders. JBL got up and hit Cena with the Clothesline from Hell and rolled Harris on top, but by the time he got him set Cena recovered enough to kick out at 2. Taker threw JBL out of the ring and chokeslammed Chris Harris, he made the cover and the ref told him he wasn't legal. Taker pounds on the turnbuckle to get a tag from Cena who crawls over to make the tag, Taker hits a big boot on Harris, then grabs JBL who returned to the ring and chokeslammed him, he turned around and hit Harris with the Tombstone for the 3 count. Afterwards Orlando Jordan and the Bashams came down the aisle with chairs, Taker hit a big boot sending Doug back over the ropes, then Cena F-U'd Jordan over the ropes, and Taker tossed Danny into JBL on the outside. Cena turned to Taker who picked him up and hit the Tombstone on him as well. Undertaker stood alone in the ring with his arm in the air as the show went off the air.

(CR - 78%

MQ - 56%

OR - 71%)

Overall Show Rating - 78%

TV Rating - 6.23

Attendance - 10047

Guest Grapehead

WWE.com

- After the tag team match last week, The Undertaker is looking for even more opportunity to soften JBL or John Cena up before King of the Ring. GM Jeff Kirkstone responded by signing Taker in a handicap match against JBL and Orlando Jordan.

- On top of that match, Christopher Daniels will face Chris Harris, and Eddie Guerrero fights Charlie Haas, in second round King of the Ring tournament action.

- Paul London has promised a surprise for his challenger at King of the Ring, and apparently it's a million dollar idea.

InsideEntertainment.com

- The Undertaker announced his retirement today, he will compete in his last match at Judgement Day, and the WWE plans to play this up on screen. Undertaker is a huge star and has offered to help put a young star over, but is a little unsure of who the WWE will give this wonderful opportunity.

- A number of WWE stars are running out of contract time, and some are worried the WWE will not resign them. William Regal and Torrie Wilson are two of those stars who are worrying right now, as their on screen roles are fading. Regal can hang onto the fact that he is part of the Tag Team champions, however that doesn't mean he'll be resigned. Charlie Haas' contract was also running out, but the WWE has already resigned him to a 3 year deal.

- The WWE has leaked information about a ground breaking announcement to be made at SummerSlam this year, it involves a shakeup with the rosters, as well as well werstlers contracts. Some speculate that it could just be another brand trade lottery, similar to the one following WrestleMania XX, but nothing can be said officially yet.

Edited by Spongebob_V2

Guest Grapehead

SmackDown April 14th Results

The SmackDown video intro plays, but is cut off just near the end as we're brought into the arena with Paul London's music playing. London comes running to the ring and grabs a microphone.

London: In 3 days, at King of the Ring, I am going to put my Cruiserweight Championship on the line against Akio. Tonight I want to extend a challenge to Akio, so I'm calling him to the ring, right now.

Akio responds rather quickly, he comes strolling out onto the stage with a cocky look, then slowly makes his way to the ring. Akio stands and stares at London.

London: You think you're up to the challenge? You think you're the best cruiserweight, yeah? So how about an open challenge, I have a contact of mine in the back, ready for action, if you are.

Akio: I will take on any challenger, bring your pal out, and I'll show him, and you, why I'll be the next Cruiserweight Champion.

New music hits the speakers, and the crowd has become almost accustom over the past few weeks to not knowing who the hell was coming out next.

London: Allow me to introduce, Nicho El MILLONARIO!

Nicho comes running down the ramp, Akio looks ready to go, as London slides out to ringside.

(Overall - 65% - Akio gained 1 over)

Akio vs Nicho El Millonario

Japanese wrestling vs luchadore, what a match, both men looked on top of their game. The crowd was behind the high spots, but neither man has really made a fan base and thus they weren't chanting for them at all. Akio hit a diving tornado DDT, but only managed a 2 count, while Nicho hit a suicide hurracanrana to the outside to a large pop from the crowd. Nicho hit a sunset flip, but instead of pulling Akio over for the pin, he stood up with Akio on his shoulders and powerbombed him, then quickly followed by hopping onto the top rope and connecting with a 450 splash, but Akio was too close to the ropes and got his foot up. Akio ducked a splash in the corner and rolled Nicho up holding onto his tights, the ref didn't see and counted the pinfall. London gets in the ring afterwards with a chair, trying to settle the score with Akio for his cheating, but Akio drops for a lowblow, then throws London to the mat, his face bouncing off the chair in the process. Akio grabs his Cruiserweight Championship and holds it up to heat from the audience.

(CR - 60%

MQ - 100%

OR - 72%)

After an early break, we come back with John Cena now heading to the ring, the crowd is going nuts as Cena hoists a new spinning WWE Championship belt. Cena rolls in the ring and spins the belt, then grabs ahold of a microphone.

Cena: Yo, what's up St Louis? Now I know I might have lost my cool last week, but this masked man crap is really getting under my skin. I can't walk anywhere now without checking, but this is it, I'm not going to play into this anymore. I'm going to King of the Ring as WWE Champion, and I'm walking out and straight onto Judgement Day the WWE Champion. All I'm worried about is three days from now, JBL and Undertaker, both coming for me and my title, and both leaving disappointed. If the masked man wants to show his face around, I'll whoop his ass too, cause this Sunday at King of the Ring, it's all about my WWE Championship baby.

A fan in the audience, who happens to be wearing a ski mask, starts screaming obscure phrases toward John Cena, desperately trying to gain his attention. When Cena notices he jumps out of the ring, he walks toward the fan, when from the ramp another masked man comes running up, he swings at Cena with the crowbar, but Cena ducks and F-U's the masked man. Cena bends down to unmask him, when the fan in the audience smashes a bottle over his head, Cena drops to the ground. The fan pulls off the mask, it's Vince McMahon! Why in the hell was Vince helping the masked man? Vince helps the masked man to his feet and gets him out of the arena.

(Overall - 88%)

Backstage Booker T is working out, when Heidenreich walks up to him, both men stare at each other, but after a minute Booker T shrugs him off and turns back to his work out. Heidenreich turns to leave, but he's actually grabbing a chair, he smashes Booker in the back of the head, then Heidenreich starts to stomp away on him. Heidenreich lifts Booker up and hits a Whiplash Powerbomb sending Booker through a nearby snack table.

(Overall - 72%)

Christopher Daniels vs Chris Harris

Pretty basic match, tie up, reversal, counter, high risk, power move, tie up, etc. Harris pulled out a mean looking clothesline for a pin, but Daniels was out at 1. Daniels looked good hitting a lot of mat based maneuvers, but had some trouble working against Harris' power. Orlando Jordan showed up to ringside, he trips up Daniels and Harris hits the Capital Punishment for the 3 count. Harris and Jordan put the boots to Daniels before leaving the ring.

(CR - 71%

MQ - 79%

OR - 67%)

Booker T barges into the office of Jeff Kirkstone, Kirkstone is caught off guard, as Booker slams his fists on the desk.

Booker: Hey, Heidenreich is a dead man, and you're going to give me a match with him at King of the Ring. There's no talking your way out of it, you have to sign that match right now!

Kirkstone: No.

Booker: What? Tell me you didn't just say no to Booker T. I think you need to reconsider.

Kirkstone: I don't need to do anything for you, Booker T. I will sign a match involving Booker T and Heidenreich at King of the Ring, however, so I guess you win.

Booker: That's right, sucka, now...

Kirkstone: I'm sure the match isn't quite what you think though, see I'm signing what I like to call a "Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em" match. You, Booker T, will team with Heidenreich, to face the Dudley Boyz for the Tag Team Titles.

Booker: WHAT? You have got to be kidding me, that's the worst decision I've ever seen someone make around here. This is ridiculous, I won't even wrestle in that match, forget it.

Kirkstone: Well then, I guess you can forget ever getting a shot at ANY WWE title, either on SmackDown or RAW, ever again.

Booker T looks really frustrated now, he shakes his head and walks out of the office, Kirkstone returns to his work like he always does, as if nothing had happened.

(Overall - 73%)

Elsewhere, Shannon Moore appears to be continue his search for a partner, he comes across a stretched RVD.

Moore: Hey, RVD, I got a question to ask you.

RVD: Sorry, man, if it's about forming a tag team, I can't help you bro. I gotta worry about getting myself back into the WWE Championship hunt somehow, and it's not going to be easy now that I'm out of the King of the Ring tournament.

Moore: Why is everyone so caught up with getting to the WWE Championship. You all work so hard, and practically kill yourself for an easy shot at the title, instead of winning your way there slowly, and timing things perfectly. I want to take the tag team titles now, and make them big, then I'm a big name, cause I made those titles worth something. Once I accomplish that, then I think you'll see me on WrestleMania posters around the world, while you are still recovering from some lame injury you got trying to steal the show. You think you're the whole damn show, but everybody in the crowd knows I'm the highlight of the night.

Moore points his thumb at himself, RVD chuckles, Moore responds with a dirty look and heads off through the hallways.

(Overall - 70% - RVD lost 2 over, Moore gained 1 over)

Charlie Haas vs Eddie Guerrero

These men looked very comfortable with opening the match on the mat, reversing and countering from the ground. Haas locked Guerrero in the Haas of Pain early, and it looked like there was no way for Eddie to move, but he did manage to get the ropes in his reach. Guerrero hit the three amigos, but Haas rolled out of the ring before Eddie could connect with the Frog Splash. Eddie fights Haas into the corner now, but gets shoved off, Haas goes for a clothesline, but Eddie ducks and hits a neckbreaker. Eddie hits a tornado DDT and goes up top for the Frog Splash, Paul Heyman jumps up onto the apron now, the ref goes to get him away, and Eddie comes over as well, Eddie shoves Heyman off, but while his back is still turned Haas rolls him up. Haas rolls through into the Haas of Pain, Eddie is forced to tap out this time. Haas quickly gets Heyman up and the two leave through the crowd as fast as they can. Eddie Guerrero recovers and stares into the audience looking for Haas and Heyman, and holding his back.

(CR - 86%

MQ - 89%

OR - 78% - Haas gained 1 over)

Jeff Kirkstone is sitting in his office, as Christopher Daniels walks in now, Kirkstone looks surprised, however this time it's only because Daniels did not barge in like Booker T earlier.

Kirkstone: Can I help you?

Daniels: Yes, you saw what happened to me in the ring tonight, and you know I deserve better than this. If this is the better and brighter WWE you promised me, I am not impressed, and quite frankly my stay here won't last that long.

Kirkstone: No, I know how you're feeling, and I am not surprised the Cabinet pulled that stunt tonight. I've lined up a match for you at King of the Ring, a different type of opportunity, you'll be in a contendership match, to find an opponent for the United States title on the April 21st edition of SmackDown. Your opponent will be another man who was cheated out of the King of the Ring tournament, Eddie Guerrero.

Daniels: That's great, thank you very much, Jeff.

Christopher Daniels turns and walks out of the room, Kirkstone follows not to far behind.

(Overall - 77%)

The Undertaker vs John Bradshaw Layfield and Orlando Jordan

Terribly boring match, JBL and Jordan double teamed Taker most of the time, despite the ref constantly trying to remove one of them from the ring. Taker did take it to Jordan a few times, but JBL would often break the two up and cheap shot the Undertaker. Taker looked stiffer than usual, as did JBL, so Jordan was getting pretty beaten up by the end of it. This match really didn't deserve to be watched, and should have been rethought before put onto the air. Undertaker hit the Tombstone on Jordan for the pin. Afterwards the Undertaker celebrates, and the crowd looks happy that he laid out the Cabinet members. John Cena's music hit, and he stepped out on the stage to stare down with the Undertaker. Taker drew his thumb across his neck, but Cena just held the WWE Championship above his head, and gave it a spin. SmackDown went off the air with a shot of Cena waving his hand in front of his face saying "You can't see me."

(CR - 72%

MQ - 71%

OR - 63%)

Overall Show Rating - 69%

TV Rating - 6.04

Attendance - 10047

Guest Grapehead

I'm going to post the King of the Ring card, and leave it open for predictions, if anyone wishes to.

King of the Ring 2005 Card

KotR tournament Semi-Final

Singles match

Batista vs Chris Harris

Singles match

Charlie Haas vs AJ Styles

WWE Tag Team Titles

Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em match

The Dudley Boyz© vs Heidenreich and Booker T

WWE Cruiserweight Title

Singles match

Paul London© vs Akio

United States Title Number One Contender

Singles match

Christopher Daniels vs Eddie Guerrero

WWE Heavyweight Title

Triple Threat match

John Cena© vs The Undertaker vs John Bradshaw Layfield

KotR tournament Finals

Singles match

??? vs ???

BONUS

Who will win the King of the Ring tournament?:

How many new stars will appear at King of the Ring?:

How many of those new stars will appear during a match?:

Will the Masked Man try to cost John Cena the WWE Championship?:

Predictions winner can choose to:

A] Sign a match for SummerSlam

B] Sign a new star to my roster

C] Choose a SmackDown superstar for a big push

Edited by Spongebob_V2

Guest Grapehead

let me give you a tip,lay off the gimmick match.

well,think reasonbly,is john cena and hass is ready for a HIAC?

Edited by Spongebob_V2

King of the Ring 2005 Card

Singles match

Batista vs Chris Harris

Singles match

WWE Tag Team Titles

WWE Cruiserweight Title

Singles match

Paul London© vs Akio

Singles match

WWE Heavyweight Title

Triple Threat match

BONUS

Who will win the King of the Ring tournament?: Charlie Haas

How many new stars will appear at King of the Ring?: 3

How many of those new stars will appear during a match?: 2

Will the Masked Man try to cost John Cena the WWE Championship?: Nah, it's a swerve and he will help Cena retain the belt

Guest Greg2511

Singles match

Batista vs Chris Harris

Singles match

WWE Tag Team Titles

WWE Cruiserweight Title

Singles match

Paul London© vs Akio

Singles match

WWE Heavyweight Title

Triple Threat match

BONUS

Who will win the King of the Ring tournament?: AJ Styles

How many new stars will appear at King of the Ring?: 2

How many of those new stars will appear during a match?: 1

Will the Masked Man try to cost John Cena the WWE Championship?: Yes

Guest Grapehead

Before I get on with King of the Ring, which will be up within the next few days, would anyone care to throw me some constructive criticism? I get the feeling there's something just not right, but I can't figure out what I need to change to really get this to take off.

Guest Greg2511

I dont think your doing anything wrong man...keep going...just give it a bit of time to develop into its own world like ur old diary...it became a total new world and thats why we were all so into it...itll take some time...ur writing is good though! :thumbsup:

Singles match

Batista vs Chris Harris

Singles match

WWE Tag Team Titles

WWE Cruiserweight Title

Singles match

Paul London© vs Akio

Singles match

WWE Heavyweight Title

Triple Threat match

BONUS

Who will win the King of the Ring tournament?: Charlie Haas

How many new stars will appear at King of the Ring?: 3

How many of those new stars will appear during a match?: 2

Will the Masked Man try to cost John Cena the WWE Championship?: No

I really like this. I like the idea of trying to stay true to the WWE style, and not basing all matches on workrate, and yet, you hire the fresh faces of AJ, Chris Harris(no James Storm? maybe he's the masked man?), and Daniels, less we mention the new Psicosis, I know he has the Millionaro name, but fuck it. It;s too hard to spell.

Firstly, never ask for feedback in a seperate post man - you are not going to be giving a good impression to a lot of people around here by doing that. At the bottom of an important post like a show, something like "Feedback would be appreachated" could be seen as accepable, as you are not demanding it - just suggesting it. Try that rather than wasting a whole post on it...

Secondly to bring up more whoring in this diary before I even get to looking at the content...there is no way your Wrestlemania show needed to go over so many posts. That also annoyed me, and would annoy any of the writers I believe you are trying to attract to your work. There was just no need whatsoever, two posts would have been enough looking at the size of all the show together. Otherwise just stick to one.

Ok, looking into the diary itself now you made your first mistake as soon as you started. Creating this Jeff Kirkstone character as the new GM of Smackdown was a very bad idea - because he has no history in wrestling in reality. General Managers don't just magically appear from nowhere, they need to be built and be "name superstars" in order to be believable as leaders of a roster. Ala, Paul Heyman and Stephanie McMahon in Smackdown's case.

Secondly, you are not the first person to have done this and nor will you be the last but hiring AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Chris Harris is totally out of character for WWE. Styles and Harris have already said they will not be joining WWE - and that's not to mention if they did they wouldn't just appear on Smackdown without some retraining first to the WWE style (brief or not). This just adds to your diary being totally unbelievable, totally unbelievable.

Thirdly, all the workers you have brought in have been brought in too fast. Look at the real WWE to see how they really do it. It goes from Development (OVW) to House Shows, to Dark Matches on tapings, to Velocity/Heat and then eventually to RAW/Smackdown. You signed AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels and Chris Harris and within a few seconds they were on Smackdown. Only ex-WWE superstars, or real name talents like Hulk Hogan would be able to pull that off.

Fourthly, and we are still in the same area here oddly enough - you have mentioned in a news section how you have in effect signed a bucketload of TNA's wrestlers. I'm going to use that word again: "Realism" - not to mention all of TNA's talent these days are under tighter contracts.

Fifly, Check wrestler's current status before starting a diary. RVD should not be active - although you have noticed Carlito isn't back yet so that was more of a one-off mistake. That's not a big problem at all, but it's always the little things in general that make the difference.

I hate having to make that sort of criticism because when it comes down to it there is no way to make the appropriate changes - because the damage has already been done in effect.

Although, your writing itself isn't bad, not at all. Although there are some points where it doesn't flow as well on the majority it all flows together well. But that really is the only good point I could take away from this diary.

Guest Greg2511

who the hell said it needs to be realistic...this diary isnt set in the real world...its set in the parallel universe of TEW (or EWR) therefore real is what you make it buddy...so as far as im concerned, u can eat his shorts...

Guest Grapehead

Haha, calm down Greg.

Thank you very very VERY much TAFKA, of all the criticism in all of the (noob) diaries I've read, that's the nicest and most helpful I've seen. I've taken a lot of it into consideration, considering I'll be working a new diary soon, but I'd like to respond to a few of your more valid points:

- (Hiring Styles, Daniels, and Harris) I suppose this is a big mistake a lot of people make, but I think if they are used properly it shouldn't matter how the diary contrasts to reality. Honestly, one thing I've always felt, is if I wanted something that was realistic, straight to the WWE style, I would simply watch the WWE, but diaries give me that 'never would happen in a million years' sort of feeling sometimes, and it's really exciting if the writing is well-done. I would never bring myself to stick to realism when hiring superstars, however, one thing I've taken from your criticism, is planning to build guys like Styles and Daniels before I bring them onto SmackDown or RAW in my diaries. So thank you.

- (Current status of wrestlers) Alright, so as you know, EWR stat updates can be a little sketchy, and I don't think you can start a game and have people injured, so while I was beginning the planning and initial shows of this diary I was unaware that RVD was out as I only just started watching SmackDown frequently. Now, I managed to catch the situation of Matt Hardy and Carlito before I made anymore mistakes, so like you said that was sort of a one-off mistake. I am informed now on all injuries and such for SmackDown and RAW, so I doubt I could make such a mistake again, but hey I'm only human.

- (GM Jeff Kirkstone) I don't know how you wanted me to bring this character in, as it was my connection to the diary. I, myself, am not a big fan of "I'm Vince McMahon" diaries, and although this isn't so far off, it's a little more my own. I felt the backstory described why he would get the position, and in EWR I began him with an overness of 60, he's just been building ever since. I wrote the fans as being skeptical at first, but he made an impact. Maybe there was a better way to build him up, but I thought I was building him as I went along.

I won't touch on the other comments, as I felt you just made a good point, or they were personal mistakes, not diary mistakes. Thank you once again.

Guest Greg2511

are we we are, are we wear the waiting!

POST I T NOW BIIIAAATCH!, hehehe good work so far though im hookizzled, give it time it could build into a great like ur old ewe one...with me!

hehehe

MLW and the Cult rocked your socks and you know it...best angle ever "Joey Hardy" wether u admit it or not, it was not almost as attrocious as real WWE it was frikking gold!

Edited by Greg2511