My precious TechTV

Corizzle

Well for anyone who doesn't know TechTV and G4 have merger to become 1 network, G4TechTV(original name eh?). Anyway my main problem is that they took the best shows of each network, yet techTV has only 12 and G4 has 17, yet only about 5 or so are any worthwhile. One problem I found with TechTV was there was a lot of repeats, instead of taking shows from both networks to minimize repeates, they ofcourse show MORE REPEATES! That's how to get people to tune in more often, More shows I've watched already. They could have easily carried over a show from TechTV. And worst of all this, Call For Help is gone! What are they smoking. This was easily up there with Unscrewed & X-Play as my Top 3 shows. Instead of bringing it over they bring over some of the worst TechTV shows. I want to shoot the person who came up with this combined line-up....

While were complaing, Still no Anime Unleashed for Canada. This just adds more repeats to Canada then USA. Just had to get that out, and I was wondering if anyone else has an opinion on this new channel.

Edited by Corizzle

I actually thinks its better. When i first heard the news of the merger i feared for the worse but now its not looking so bad. Call for help was getting boring and it was evident that Leo was getting old and tired. he wanted more time for his radio shows and family , now he has that time. he'll still be doing small segments for the Screensavers.

I really like of the g4 programming like arena , Judgment day and others but I cannot stand Sweat! something about it just rubs me wrong. I glad they kept unscrewed , screensavers and x play. I jsut hope they keep the hosts and stuff cause x-play wouldn't be good if morgan and adam left.

But yeah I'm really liking it and I'll probably watch it more than i did before cause techtv had alot of boring shows on that had to do with spys and crap , this channel is game related baby

techtv had alot of boring shows on that had to do with spys and crap

I agree with you there, they did have a lot of spy crap and stuff like that, but even out of those they kept a few of them.

I'm watching the first Screen Savers for G4-TechTV and at least Cat got moved there, I don't know what I would do without that.

well, considering spies and military are on the technological edge, I don't think it was wrong of TECHtv, to air stuff like that.... seems kinda like, in their name to do something like that.

Unscrewed has to be the worst show in television history, that moron who hosts it needs to be hit with a large boomstick.

well, considering spies and military are on the technological edge, I don't think it was wrong of TECHtv, to air stuff like that.... seems kinda like, in their name to do something like that.

Unscrewed has to be the worst show in television history, that moron who hosts it needs to be hit with a large boomstick.

yeah, Martin Sergeant is a douche.

Laura is fit though. So is Morgan Webb.

Cat is ok good to see she still has a job but Morgan is better :) as for martin I find him hilarious i dunno why but the episode where their was a a guy that claimed he was an alien or something like that. martin jsut ripped him. Hopefully they won't screw up and this merger cna be a good thing

I actully like, Electric Playground and Judgement Day better than X-Play. X-Play can get really corny somtimes. And I hate their rating system. They can say not one bad thing about a game and give it a 4/5 and somtimes they can say bad things about a 5/5 game and still give it that.

Guest Mr McFarlane

Okay first of all, It's not fucking Judgement Day the true name is Reviews on the Run.

G4 are jerkoffs and changed the name to Judgement Day where as everywhere else it's Reviews on the run

And secondly, a scale of 5 > a scale of 10 =P

And thirdly, If it wasn't for my horse I wouldn't have spend that year in college

Shame they raided and gutted TechTV...ah well as long as they keep X-play and Anime unleashed i'm remotely happy for the time being. Though from the shows i've seen of G4 i've hated them. I REALLY hate filter...that host tries waaay too hard to be waaay too happy.......Adam and Morgan > That filter host chick...Hell Adam and Morgan > Nearly any of G4's shows' so called " hosts " .

Okay, I tried to be fair, but G4 is a pile of steaming horseshit. Their hosts come across as having no ability to interact with the audience through the camera. The shows have no real fluidity, and it's oftentimes hard to differentiate between shows.

And their titles are some of the dumbest ever. "Cheat"!? A show about video games and that's all you can come up with? Christ, that's like taking American Gladiators in its inception and dubbing it "Run". Just take the first verb you can think of that's relevant and use that.

The rumor that practically the entire TechTV staff has to ultimately re-apply for their jobs -- if true -- is so disrespectful and cold it defies description. People like Roger, Patrick, Kevin, Yoshi, etc. are unimaginably knowledgeable and deserve at least a little credit for taking Ziff Davis Television and making it viewable.

Long story short, if I come across an old TTV show (X-Play, Unscrewed, and TSS -- as TechLive and Call For Help are gone), I'll watch. Any of these other inane pieces of wanna-be-geek garbage, I'll happily pass by.

i agree with on on the way the hosts of the g4's shows are they either act like they are hopped up on something and yeah their show names sucks as long as they don't mess with fresh gear , x-play , screensavers , and unscrewed ,I'm fine

Guest Mr McFarlane

Okay, I tried to be fair, but G4 is a pile of steaming horseshit.  Their hosts come across as having no ability to interact with the audience through the camera.  The shows have no real fluidity, and it's oftentimes hard to differentiate between shows.

And their titles are some of the dumbest ever.  "Cheat"!?  A show about video games and that's all you can come up with?  Christ, that's like taking American Gladiators in its inception and dubbing it "Run".  Just take the first verb you can think of that's relevant and use that.

The rumor that practically the entire TechTV staff has to ultimately re-apply for their jobs -- if true -- is so disrespectful and cold it defies description.  People like Roger, Patrick, Kevin, Yoshi, etc. are unimaginably knowledgeable and deserve at least a little credit for taking Ziff Davis Television and making it viewable.

Long story short, if I come across an old TTV show (X-Play, Unscrewed, and TSS -- as TechLive and Call For Help are gone), I'll watch.  Any of these other inane pieces of wanna-be-geek garbage, I'll happily pass by.

Bravo, Midge.

Bravo.

*golf clap*

i agree with on on the way the hosts of the g4's shows  are they either act like they are hopped up on something and yeah their show names sucks as long as they don't mess with fresh gear , x-play , screensavers , and unscrewed ,I'm fine

Fresh Gear was on last night, so that's safe.

X-Play is the only one I'm hoping gets saved. That's all I ever really watch on this channel anyway.

I'm just wondering though, if TechTV was the one that bought out G4, why in the hell does G4 get a safe ride while everything from TechTV has to fight to survive.

Edited by Lowerdeck

Fresh Gear was on last night, so that's safe.

X-Play is the only one I'm hoping gets saved.  That's all I ever really watch on this channel anyway.

I'm just wondering though, if TechTV was the one that bought out G4, why in the hell does G4 get a safe ride while everything from TechTV has to fight to survive.

I think it was the other way around. G4 was a sinking ship, so they convinced Comcast (their parent company) to shell out the money for TTV in the hopes that the network would help it survive. At least that's what I could gather from Leo Laporte's Leoville message boards and Yoshi's modding forums.

It's still a dipshit move if true. Don't buy a network, claim it will be your saving grace, and then relegate it to the backburner.

Guest Mr McFarlane

I think they should drop the TechTV from their name since they've basically raped it till it submitted to being G4s little bitch.

God I hate Comcast.