WWF: Montreal And Beyond

WWE_Revenge

WWF Superstars Report

Date: November 10th 1997 taped. November 15th aired.

Attendance: 9737.

TV Viewers: 526,871

Superstars opens up with its usual video before we are taken to Kevin Kelly and Michael Cole. Both men hype the main event between Brian Christopher and Steve Blackman. They then introduce the first Raw recap of the night, which shows Shawn Michaels and HHH mocking Bret Hart. After that we are shown a bland match between Recon and Scott Putski. Recon gets the win with a DDT. We are shown the second Raw recap of the night when we see the action between Goldust and Vader from Raw. As we come back we are shown Brian Christopher shooting a promo. He talks about being the next big thing in wrestling. He makes a good job of it too. To another Raw recap! This time of the match and aftermath between Ken Shamrock and Farooq. As we come back Jackyl is shown motivating Interrogator and then Interrogator goes out and destroys Matt Hardy in a passable squash. The sidewalk slam gives Interrogator the victory. We are then shown another Raw recap. This package shows Kane and Paul Bearer’s interview, Kane squashing Bob Holly and the Truth Commission destroying Holly afterwards. Steve Blackman is shown warming up backstage as we come back. Then our next match is Phil LaFon beating Bart Gunn in a pretty good match when he hits the dragon suplex. The final Raw recap is shown as the match and aftermath of British Bulldog Vs Steve Austin plays. Finally Brian Christopher beats Steve Blackman in a good match when he nails a missile dropkick.

Wrestling Weekly Breaking News

Date: November 17th 1997.

Tommy Dreamer Made Head Booker Of ECW

Paul Heyman has made a shock move in appointing Tommy Dreamer as head booker of ECW. Heyman did handle all the booking himself but has decided to half the responsibility by giving Tommy Dreamer the head-booking role. Heyman will still have final say on everything but it is believed he wants a wrestling perspective to bounce off.

Booker Meeting

It was early morning and Vince had called the usual booking meeting. These informal meetings are where the main path for everything was decided. The shows two main writers Ed Ferrara and Vince Russo have some differing ideas as always. Shawn Michaels and Hunter Hearst Helmsley are also both in attendance. Hm, that doesn't sound totally fair?

Vince “Ok then, first order of business. As you all know, I am thinking of making the December 7th pay per view dedicated to DX. Now I feel strongly about this but if you have any problems then please state them now because we need to start making matches for it.”

Shawn “It’s a great idea. After all we are the hot thing in the company right now. What better to beat Turner in the ratings?”

HHH “I have to second that.”

Ed “I’m not so sure. Doesn’t it undermine our other top stars? Why isn’t Steve Austin getting his own PPV? Or Owen Hart? Or Undertaker? It just seems odd to name a PPV after a stable or group.”

Russo “I disagree. It’s a great idea. We need DX to beat the nWo and what better way?”

Vince “Well then, it goes ahead. With that in mind have a look at your booklets and turn to page 2. A potential card for DX in your house.”

Shawn “Undertaker? How do you intend to hype that up?”

Vince “Quite easily. We have almost a month to work with it. Remember this is very much a stop gap PPV.”

HHH “But what about this whole Kane thing? You surely not dropping that?”

Vince “No, I’m sure I can leave that with Russo and Ed here.”

Russo “Yeh no problem. Kane is a fascinating character. Should be interesting to see how he shapes up in this.”

Ed “I don’t like it. I mean half the card looks like it’s been thrown together. I mean Mankind Vs HHH?”

HHH “Hey, we need me to win a match. I mean it’s the DX PPV!”

Vince “Look, I have a lot to do. If there’s anything major you disagree with then state it quickly and give me a solution.”

Russo “I love it.”

Shawn“It’s great.”

HHH “Genius.”

Ed “No sorry. Shawn should face someone fresh. A rookie. Shamrock is the obvious choice.”

Shawn “No that’s not a good idea.”

Ed “Why not? I’m not asking you to drop the title to him.”

Shawn “Because he’s not ready to main event a PPV.”

Ed “You’re kidding me? Have you heard the crowd when he steps in the ring? He's red hot.”

HHH “So we wouldn’t want to kill that heat would we? We don’t want to stop the momentum.”

Ed “Well we could start booking him up for Mania.”

Vince “I’ve told you before. Austin is going to Mania not Shamrock.”

Ed “But…….”

Vince “Look just stop there. That’s the card. 4 to 1 in favour.”

Ed “Ok fine.”

Vince “Ok then. Page 3 has your booking tasks for Raw this week. I need everything ready from you at 12 noon as usual so I can compile it and distribute. Well, you're all dismissed.”

Poor Ed. The guy obviously is lost in a sea of differing opinions. He doesn’t like the fact Hunter and Shawn are on the booking team and he makes it clear. More interesting is the fact that Hunter and Shawn are gaining more and more influence each week. I mean a DX PPV? What’s next a DX title? Well, what ever the final card for DX in your house and Raw is, you can bet one thing, Hunter and Shawn will be the centre.

Edited by WWE_Revenge

You’re Making Me Look Weak Vince

The orders for this weeks show were out. Some were happy and some less so. But just like last week, only one man stepped forward to challenge Vince McMahon. Once again, Owen Hart was that man.

Owen “McMahon are you intentionally trying to kill my character off? Is this some kind of sick revenge for you?”

Vince “What is wrong this week? Why is it always you that I see complaining or making trouble?”

Owen “Because for the second week in a row, you have Austin beating down all of Team Canada. It’s getting ridiculous. Aren’t we supposed to have the upper hand more than Austin?

Vince “Don’t tell me how to do my job Owen! I know what I’m doing. Austin is the next big thing in wrestling and you’re going to have to accept it, you’re here to put him over.”

Owen “I don’t mind putting Steve over, but I do mind my character being compromised in the process.”

Vince “You do know that at this moment, you are scheduled to beat Austin on December 7th?”

Owen “Wow so I can take the IC title off him. Let me guess then Austin wins the rumble right?”

Vince “We haven’t decided who’s going on to Wrestlemania just yet. I was thinking of you or Ken but the guys weren’t interested.”

Owen “I don’t believe a word that comes out of your mouth McMahon. I thought maybe now Bret had gone you might at least push me. You have no excuse now but instead Austin will see that title before me.”

Vince “Is that jealously I hear?”

Owen “No! I think Steve is great but I think your holding me down on purpose. You know I could be a main eventer but your choosing not to put me there. You're straggling me in the mid card and since Bret left, it’s got worse.”

Vince “I don’t hold any malice to you over your brother.”

Owen “They why don’t I get that push you promised me years back?”

Vince “I don’t think you can hack the main event.”

Owen “What! Are you serious?”

Vince “You’re just not a main eventer in my eyes. I promise you however that at some point, you will be given a chance.”

Owen “Yeh I guess, just like Bret was going to keep the belt at Survivor Series!”

Owen storms out having once again crossed swords with McMahon. McMahon seems to be under the impression he stated Owen and Shamrock for Wrestlemania, when in fact he defiantly did not, further more he was against anyone other than Austin. Owen isn’t stupid though and McMahon can’t fool him anymore. Owen doesn’t believe he’s being unfair either. He wants what he believes to be his and he has a case. However McMahon will not be bullied and you know that McMahon will punish Owen for Bret’s misdemeanours. Regardless of if he knows it or not.

Edited by WWE_Revenge

WWF Raw Is War Preview – Monday 17th November 1997 – San Antonio, Texas

We are live in San Antonio, Texas with a huge show tonight!

San Antonio’s own Shawn Michaels will be in action when he defends his European Championship. Will HBK have a homefield advantage?

Another Native, Stone Cold Steve Austin will also be in the house and you can bet that following the beating he handed Team Canada last week, they’ll be looking for revenge. Will they get it?

Goldust and Vader have been having their problems since Goldust abandoned Team USA at Survivor Series. This lead to Vader beating up an unremorseful Goldust last week. What will happen between these two this week?

The Legion Of Doom will be watching the match between the Headbangers and Billy Gunn & Jesse James closely. The winners will go on to fight for the WWF Tag Team Championship against the champions!

Hunter Hearst Helmsley and Mankind will also go one on one.

All this and the rest of your favourite superstars in what will be an explosive night from the heart of Texas.

Edited by WWE_Revenge

WCW Monday Night Nitro

Attendance: 4275.

Overall Show Rating: 76.2.

TV Viewers: 838,275.

The show started with Raven cutting a promo. Raven did the usual loner stuff.

Segment Rating – 67.7%

Raven beat Rocco Rock

Match Rating – 72.5%

Mortis beat Booker T

Match Rating – 75.2%

Eddy Guerrero beat Konnan with a hand full of tights.

Match Rating – 78.2%

Syxx beat Alex Wright

Match Rating – 80.5%

Curt Hennig beat Disco Inferno and escaped an nWo beating at the end.

Match Rating – 76.8%

Roddy Piper beat Stevie Richards

Match Rating – 82.6%

WWF Raw Is War

Attendance: 16,700.

TV Viewers: 504,611.

Dark Match: Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy) Vs Legion Of Doom (Animal & Hawk)

Legion Of Doom picked up the win with the Doomsday Device on Matt Hardy.

Match Reaction = 56.4%

Match Quality = 75.5%

Overall Rating = 65.7%

Dark Match: Blackjack Bradshaw Vs British Bulldog

British Bulldog beat Blackjack Bradshaw with the Running Powerslam.

Match Reaction = 76.0%

Match Quality = 73.4%

Overall Rating = 71.4%

Dark Match: Farooq Vs Marc Mero

Farooq beat Marc Mero with the Dominator.

Match Reaction = 64.7%

Match Quality = 79.2%

Overall Rating = 72.2%

WWF Raw Is War Live

Voice Over – The World Wrestling Federation, honour, pride and tradition. Not anymore…………………………………………………………………………………

<A brand new opening video plays to a rock soundtrack. It shows various actions from the WWF until it centres on a WWF Attitude logo. The video ends and we are taken through the firework display before Jim Ross and Jerry “The King” Lawler take centre stage.>

Jim Ross “Welcome everybody to Raw is War, deep in the heart of Texas! I’m Jim Ross alongside Jerry “The King” Lawler and we have a monster show lined up for you tonight!”

Jerry Lawler “That’s right JR! We have number one contenders to the tag titles to be decided and Shawn Michaels will defend his European title! It’s all tonight! I’m so excited, I can’t wait!”

Jim Ross “Well we’ve got a lot more too King.”

<As Jim Ross finishes, Vince McMahon appears from the back to a mixed reaction. McMahon walks with confident strides and enters the ring. He is handed a microphone.>

Vince McMahon “Welcome everybody to Raw Is War!”

<The crowd cheer a little.>

Vince McMahon “Tonight, right here in San Antonio Texas…………….”

<The crowd give a loud cheer to mention of their hometown.>

Vince McMahon “Tonight I have promised you all that Shawn Michaels…………….”

<The crowd give Shawn Michaels mention a very loud mixed reaction.>

Vince McMahon “Tonight Shawn Michaels will defend his European Championship. Now I’m going to cut to the chase. Tonight Shawn Michaels will defend his European title against…………….”

<McMahon pauses for dramatic effect.>

Vince McMahon “Ken Shamrock!”

<The crowd go nuts at the mention of Shamrock!>

Vince McMahon “Now that’s out the way, I have another announcement to make. On December 7th the WWF, the number one sports entertainer will be on pay per view again, from Springfield, Massachusetts. Now this will be no ordinary pay per view. Because this event will be held under the De-Generation X banner!”

<The crowd give a mixed reaction at the mention of DX.>

Vince McMahon “That means that come December 7th, live from Springfield, Massachusetts and live on pay per view. The WWF will be holding WWF Degeneration X In Your House!”

<McMahon exits to the back and leaves the crowd with food for thought.>

Jim Ross “What does this mean King?”

Jerry Lawler “I don’t know JR. Maybe DX can chose the matches? That would be great JR!”

Jim Ross “Well I’m sure more will become clear during these next few weeks.”

Commercial Break

Billy Gunn & Jesse James Vs Headbangers (Mosh & Thrasher)

This was a decent tag team bout. It had its ups and downs but overall the crowd enjoyed it. Mosh and James started off and James gained the upper hand with a poke to the eye. James tags out and Gunn wears Mosh down with some brawling. Mosh manages to fight back and hits a dropkick. Mosh crawls to his corner and just as Gunn tags out so does Mosh. Thrasher is on fire and knocks both Gunn and James down with right hands a few times. Thrasher throws Gunn outside and hits a powerslam on James in the ring for a two count. Gunn slides back in and is forced out by Mike Chioda. Thrasher stays in control until James reverses an Irish whip and Gunn low bridges to send Thrasher hurtling to the outside. Mosh tries to get in and distracts the referee in the process. Gunn stomps away at Thrasher and throws him back into the ring. James cheap shots Mosh and Mosh once again distracts Chioda. Gunn and James use this to double team Thrasher. Gunn slaps his hands in the air and is now in the ring without a tag made. Chioda questions him but leaves it at that. Gunn tries to set up Thrasher for the Rocker Dropper but Thrasher blocks the knee to the gut and trips Gunn. Thrasher goes to tag Mosh but James runs in and clubs him in the back of the head to stop him. Mosh sees red and takes James to the outside with a clothesline and follows him. Both men brawl on the outside. Meanwhile Gunn and Thrasher trade blows and Thrasher gets the upper hand. Meanwhile James throws Mosh into the steel steps and enters the ring. Thrasher turns around and nails James back to the outside but as he turns around Gunn nails him with the Rocker Dropper. Gunn covers for three.

<The action switches to the back and DX’s locker room. The crowd give a mixed reaction.>

Shawn Michaels “You know what Hunter? Chyna? I’m in a great mood! Not only am I the greatest WWF champion of all time, but I’m also the greatest European champion of all time. Tonight Vince McMahon books me against Ken Shamrock? Ken Shamrock?”

<The crowd cheer at the mention of Ken Shamrock’s name.>

Shawn Michaels “That UFC looney? Well if he thinks he can beat me then he really has been kicked in the head too many times!”

<The crowd boo a little at this comment.>

Triple H “Ken Shamrock should get some anger management.”

<HBK and HHH laugh as the crowd boo.>

Commercial Break

Interrogator Vs Scotty Taylor

Not too bad for a squash match. Interrogator dominated Taylor who got little offence in. Interrogator got the win with the Sidewalk Slam. After the match Interrogator looks to continue the assault on Taylor but Bob Holly comes running down to the ring. Holly has some control on Interrogator until the rest of the Truth Commission come running down to overpower him. Interrogator hits a Sidewalk Slam on Holly to leave him out cold.

<A hype video for the Truth Commission is played.>

<It’s time! It’s time! It’s Vader time! Vader comes to the ring with a strong purpose in mind and a loud cheer. He enters the ring and is handed a microphone.>

Vader “Now I’m not here to make a long speech! I’m here to call Goldust out so I can kick his ass!”

<Vader throws the microphone down as the crowd cheer. Goldust music blares out and the lights go gold as Goldust appears from the back with golden robe and wig and sporting his hand cast. The crowd boo Goldust. Goldust makes his way down the ramp as Vader looks on. Goldust enters the ring and Vader attacks him straight away to loud cheers. Vader beats Goldust down and disrobes him. Vader then takes Goldusts wig off to reveal long brown hair. Vader squashes the impostor in the corner before picking his microphone back up.>

Vader “That isn’t Goldust! Goldust get your ass out here!”

<Vader waits for Goldust to come out.>

Vader “Alright I’ll just have to come and get you!”

<Vader exits to the back to look for Goldust as the crowd cheer.>

Commercial Break

D’lo Brown Vs Flash Funk

An obvious filler match. It was pretty bad but the crowd didn’t mind it too much. They were all over D’Lo throughout the match. D’Lo controlled early on with a slow pace until Funk hit a desperation DDT. Funk controlled with a high pace until D’lo hit the Sky High out of nowhere and picked up the win.

<The action switches to Kane and Paul Bearer in the back to some boos.>

Paul Bearer “What will it take Undertaker? What will it take? Kane has gone through superstar after superstar after superstar. Yet you still refuse to fight us. What will it take? Hear this Undertaker, we will continue to go through whoever it takes until you have no choice but to answer us. Kane you know your next victim.”

Jim Ross “Next victim? Who is that?”

Jerry Lawler “As long as it’s not me JR I don’t care!”

Commercial Break

Ahmed Johnson Vs Bart Gunn

Both men come out ready to fight. Just as they are about to lock up the lights go out and Kane’s music plays to a huge crowd reaction. Kane appears from the back just as his pyros explode and lights go red. He makes his way to the ring directed by Paul Bearer and steps over the top rope. Both Gunn and Johnson attack Kane as the light return to normal. Kane however hits a throat thrust on Bart Gunn and Big Boot’s Johnson down. Kane grabs Gunn by the throat and drills him into the ground with a thunderous Chokeslam. Bearer screams at Kane to end Johnson and Kane cuts his throat as a signal for the Tombstone. Kane picks Johnson up and plants him in the middle of the ring. Kane stands over both men and raises his arms slowly before throwing them back down by his side quickly as ring pyros go off and the crowd react loudly.

Jim Ross “What in the hell?”

Jerry Lawler “Well I guess Kane chose his next victims!”

Jim Ross “Kane just dominated two top athletes! Who in the hell can stop this monster?”

<The actions switches to The Nation locker room and some boos.>

Farooq “What we did last week was teach a no good punk a lesson. You don’t mess with The Nation. Tonight we’re gonna teach him again. We’re gonna take his European dream away!”

<Farooq laughs and the crowd boo a little.>

D’lo Brown “Actually I have a better idea. Why don’t we leave him in his match? See if he can win the title and then we go on to take it away. Finally we can have some gold again!”

<Farooq smiles.>

Farooq “That sounds like a plan.”

Commercial Break

Rocky Maivia Vs TAKA Michinoku

This was a very good entertaining match. It was back and forth until TAKA nailed an acrobatic bulldog to gain control. TAKA kept the match at a lightening pace and Rocky has no answer until he nails a big spinebuster. Rocky controlled for a while until he was dropkicked over the top ropes. TAKA hit a suicide dive through the ropes and both men stayed down for a while. TAKA struggled up and threw Rocky back in. TAKA threw Rocky off the ropes and Rocky countered with a Tornado DDT. Rocky hit an artistic elbow drop and got only a two count to his frustration. Rocky argues with Mike Chioda and turns around to be hit with an Enziguiri. TAKA controls for a while and signals for the Michinoku Driver. Rocky, quick as a cat counters into the Rock Bottom for the win.

Commercial Break

<Glass shatters and the crowd go nuts as Stone Cold Steve Austin’s music blares out. Stone Cold walks with a purpose to the ring and snatches a microphone from ringside as the crowd continue to go nuts.>

Steve Austin “Now Stone Cold isn’t out here to make a big sentimental speech to his home town. Stone Cold is here for one reason and one reason only and that’s to kick some Canadian ass!”

<The crowd go nuts.>

Steve Austin “So if any member of Team Canada has some balls to face Stone Cold, then get the hell down here!”

<Owen Hart’s music blares out and Owen appears from the back in fighting gear to a barrage of boos. Owen walks towards the ring and Austin prepares him self as the crowd brace themselves. Owen stops just outside the ring and shakes his head. Austin looks confused and suddenly the other members of Team Canada appear through the crowd and the crowd scream warnings at Austin. Austin fights off Team Canada and hits all of them with Stunners to huge noise. Owen looks shocked and walks to the back to a barrage of boos as Austin calls him in the ring. Austin is thrown some beers and toasts the fans as they go nuts.>

Commercial Break

Hunter Hearst Helmsley Vs Mankind

A solid match, which kept the crowd happy. As ever Chyna accompanied HHH. HHH dominated early on and looked to be in complete control until Mankind got his knees up in the corner and took HHH down with a hard clothesline. Mankind dominated and hit some hard moves until Chyna jumped on the apron. Mike Chioda went across and HHH used the advantage to nail Mankind downstairs with a low blow. HHH looks for the Pedigree but Mankind catapults HHH into the corner. Mankind hits the Double Arm DDT and covers but Chyna places Hunters foot on the bottom rope. Mankind goes nuts and rips his hair out and throws it over HHH. Mankind signals for the Mandible Claw and locks it deep into the jowls of HHH. HHH nails Mankind downstairs and Chioda has to disqualify him. HHH exits to the back with Chyna hastily, leaving a painful situation for Mankind.

<We see Vader in the back searching for Goldust to loud cheers. He looks frustrated and finds two staff members. He holds one up against the wall and demands to know where Goldust is. The second staff member who is obviously scared tells him Goldust hasn’t showed tonight. Vader throws the staff member down and walks off very pissed off.>

Commercial Break

WWF European Championship

Ken Shamrock Vs Shawn Michaels ©

A very good exciting match. Michaels had his DX cronies at ringside. Shamrock controlled early on with a fast pace. He kept in control until HBK nailed an invented atomic drop. HBK keeps the upper hand with a continued fast pace until Shamrock reverses a Hurricanarana attempt into a hard powerbomb for a near fall. Shamrock hits some good fast pace technical offence and locks in the Ankle Lock on HBK. HBK screams in pain until Chyna jumps on the apron. Hunter enters the ring with the European title and nails Shamrock in the back of the head. Hunter quickly exits with the evidence and Chyna jumps down. Michaels struggles over and places a hand over Shamrock. Hebner gets to two and three quarters before Shamrock lifts a shoulder. Shawn gets up slowly and tunes up the band for Sweet Chin Music. Shamrock gets up slowly and Michaels looks for the Music but Shamrock turns it into another Ankle Lock. HHH jumps onto the apron and Shamrock breaks the hold to knock him down. Shamrock turns around quickly and HBK looks for the Sweet Chin Music but Shamrock counters with a Belly To Back Suplex. Chyna jumps onto the apron and Shamrock argues with her to get down. HBK recovers and charges at Shamrock, who moves and HBK knocks Chyna off the apron. Shamrock waits for HBK to turn around and picks the ankle and locks in the Ankle Lock. Shawn has no choice but tap out. After the match Shamrock is in the ring celebrating when HBK hits him from behind to a barrage of boos. DX stomp away at Shamrock and HHH picks him up and steadies him for the Sweet Chin Music. Shamrock ducks and HHH gets nailed to a huge cheer! Shamrock nails Chyna down and Belly-To-Belly’s HBK. That prompts The Nation Of Domination to run down and Shamrock is outnumbered heavily. Now DX and the Nation beat down on Shamrock and the crowd can’t stand it, until the lights go out and a familiar gong sounds to the delight of the crowd. Undertaker’s music plays and when the lights eventually come back on everybody in the ring is down and out with Shamrock recovering on the outside and looking bemused as to what just happened.

Jerry Lawler “What in the hell just happened JR?”

Jim Ross “I don’t know King! Was that Undertaker?”

Jerry Lawler “We couldn’t see a damn thing!”

Jim Ross “What in the hell? Good night everybody!”

<The WWF logo flashes onto a black screen as Raw goes off the air.>

Edited by WWE_Revenge

I just read through this one, Good stuff. There are some things that seem a little off, Like there being no Shotgun Saturday Night, And Superstars having matches, Since it was a glorified recap show. Also, Austin's hometown is Victoria, Texas, Not San Antonio. But those are just little mistakes, I do like how you're handling the Owen/McMahon situation, Though I don't think Owen, Neidhart or Bulldog would have showed up after the Survivor Series, Atleast not until for awhile. Or Earl Hebner for that matter, But anyways, I'm glad to see Shamrock getting pushed, A clean win over HBK in my opinion should make him the #1 contender for the title, Maybe a rematch next week or at the Rumble? I'm hoping to see more of LOD as well, Since they haven't really wrestled on Raw and since they are the tag champs, But sometimes you can't always put who you want on a show, Keep up the good work man, I'll be reading :thumbsup:

WWF House Show

Date: November 21st 1997.

Attendance: 1,773.

New Blackjacks (Blackjack Bradshaw & Blackjack Windham) defeated Hardy Boyz (Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy)

Hunter Hearst Helmsley defeated Mankind thanks to outside interference from Chyna.

Goldust defeated Vader.

Legion Of Doom (Animal & Hawk) defeated Billy Gunn & Jesse James to retain their Tag Team championships.

Kane defeated Steve Blackman.

Undertaker defeated Rocky Maivia.

Steve Austin defeated Owen Hart to retain his Intercontinental championship.

Shawn Michaels defeated Ken Shamrock thanks to outside interference from Chyna to retain his WWF championship.

ECW Hardcore TV

Date: November 21st 1997.

Attendance: 967.

Overall Show Rating: 64.6.

TV Viewers: 2909.

Big Dick Dudley beat Wolfie D

Match Rating – 53.6%

Buh-Buh Ray Dudley beat Pittbull #2

Match Rating – 60.8%

Nova beat Tony Mamaluke

Match Rating – 60.2%

Steve Corino beat Mikey Whipwreck