Wrestle Association "R"

Agahnim Demen

26th June 2005

user posted image

In a recent conference held by Wrestle Association "R" founder Genichiro Tenryu and junior legend Jushin Thunder Liger, several issues were addressed.

Jushin Thunder Liger responded to the recent request for a rematch made by Milano Collection AT after losing to Liger in the NJPW Best of the Super Juniors League. Liger mocked Milano and his excuses where losing his match was concerned. He also stated that Milano sets a bad example for junior workers, in that he seems to be concerned more with how he looks and presents himself and how he appears to others, as opposed to being concerned with his in ring performance. He continued to repremand Milano by claiming that even when he is in the ring, he is more concerned with flair and showing off as opposed to working towards a goal of success. To conclude, Liger accepted the challange of Milano Collection AT to a rematch in Osaka.. where he would embarass Milano and prove that he really doesn't need his 'lackies' to make such an example of him.

On that note, Tenryu revealed the matches he has decided upon for the quarter finals of the tournament, claiming that these matches were in the best interests of entertainment for the fans; also that they ensured a strong level of competition to provide the best matches.

WAR: BATTLE ANGEL SERIES 2005

29/06/05

Kyoto Prefectural Gymnasium

1. Raimu Mishima & Takamichi Iwasa vs. Koji Ishinriki & Kengo Mashimo

2. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament: Shiro Koshinaka, Naohiro Hoshikawa & Tatsutoshi Goto vs. Nobuhiko Takada, Masaaki Satake & Shigeo Okumura

3. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament: Kenta Kobashi user posted image, Go Shiosaki user posted image & Tiger Emperor user posted image vs. Mike Awesome user posted image, Ken Shamrock user posted image & Giant Bernard user posted image

4. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament: Milano Collection AT, MOCHI & Ishi Mori vs. Genichiro Tenryu, Toshiaki Kawada & Masashi Aoyagi

5. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki vs. Andrei Arlovski, Kendo Kashin & Kazunari Murakami

06/07/05

Anan Sports Center

1. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final

2. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final

WAR: BATTLE ANGEL IN OSAKA 2005

13/07/05

Osaka Central Gymnasium

1. Milano Collection AT vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

2. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Final

3. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Edited by Ganon Dun

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28th June 2005

user posted image

Reporters intercepted one of the participants of the WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament, Shiro Koshinaka, who has looked strong thus far and has a team that many believe has the experience and capability to take down TEAM NO FEAR! 2005. However, reporters were surprised when Koshinaka had a thing or two to say about the recent booking of Genichiro Tenryu.

"I find it despicable that Tenryu has stooped to such a level that he should attempt to disguise his easy passage through the tournament by booking himself against much lighter teams. It shows a great weakness in him, of both ability and mind. The Tenryu we see today fights with nothing but business on his mind, business and success. The Tenryu that fought with heart and a passion for puroresu seems to have passed away, and we now bear witness to a greedy old man. Tenryu, I demand that you prove me wrong. In Osaka, regardless of whether or not either of our teams is challanging for the WAR Six Man Tag Team Titles, I demand that you face me. Prove to me, and the fans of Wrestle Association "R", that you still have a heart. That is all."

user posted image

Reporters also caught up with Kensuke Sasaki's challenger for the Japan J-1 Title in Osaka, Katsuyori Shibata. Shibata told reporters that he would not stop training, that under the tutelage of the likes of Maeda, Tenryu and Fujiwara, he would have the right tools to take Kensuke apart, and prove that he is the future of this industry.

In a recent Pro Wrestling NOAH press conference, NOAH juniors Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Takashi Sugiura spoke on their recent defeat in the WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament. Kanemaru said that they had intentionally been booked in a manner that gave Tenryu the advantage. Sugiura added that as a result, he andf Kanemaru would make it their goal to show the superiority of NOAH juniors to that of Wrestle Association "R", and that their first priority in this would be to remove the WAR Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Titles what they referred to as a comedy group in Do FIXER. They concluded by stating that this comedy group opitimised the weakness of the WAR junior division, and claimed that they would erase them towards the betterment of Wrestle Association "R".

Edited by Ganon Dun

ooo looking good Ganon Dun. Just caught up on all of the happenings. The owner booking himself favourably? Why never! lol.

You have def. stuck with Realism here, with the sole fact with Tenryu booking himself Favourably. I am loving the way this diary is running... Better then all of mine...

Just need someone else to back that up though :P

Loving this journal. You keep it updated regulary and the format makes me feel like I'm reading off of a puro-site. Excellent work on this Ganon, I'll be reading this one alot! :thumbsup:

Guest -De\/ilock-

I started reading this diary earlier tonight. Next thing I know two hours had passed and I'm half way through page 7.

This diary is really well done. I'm not a huge follower of Puroresu, but I know of the majority of your roster. I love the controversy regarding Tenryu booking himself favorably. I expect Tenryu to lose in the tournament and have the situation calm down because if his team ends up winning the tournament it could end up driving fans away.

It's just a great read all around. It's updated frequently, uses photos to give unfamiliar readers something to work with, gives good backgrounds of the workers, deals with the failure of NOAH, the WWE gets involved as the mysterious financial backer. Just something that anyone on this board who has any remote interest in Puroresu should read.

Looking forward to Battle Angel.

WAR BATTLE ANGEL SERIES 2005 29/06/05

WAR: BATTLE ANGEL SERIES 2005, 29/06/05

Kyoto Prefectural Gymnasium

4,212 Fans

1. Raimu Mishima & Takamichi Iwasa vs. Koji Ishinriki & Kengo Mashimo comes to a draw when the time limit expires. (15:00)

2. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament: Nobuhiko Takada, Masaaki Satake & Shigeo Okumura defeat Shiro Koshinaka, Naohiro Hoshikawa & Tatsutoshi Goto when Takada locked Hoshikawa in the Jujigatame. (19:11)

3. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament: Kenta Kobashi IPB Image, Go Shiosaki IPB Image & Tiger Emperor IPB Image defeat Mike Awesome IPB Image, Ken Shamrock IPB Image & Giant Bernard IPB Image when Kobashi hits the Burning Lariat on Bernard. (21:03)

4. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament: Genichiro Tenryu, Toshiaki Kawada & Masashi Aoyagi defeat Milano Collection AT, MOCHI & Ishi Mori when Tenryu hits the 55-Year-Old on Ishi Mori. (16:53)

5. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki defeat Andrei Arlovski, Kendo Kashin & Kazunari Murakami when Takayama hits the Everest German Suplex on Kashin. (19:47)

Mishima and Iwasa, formerly the Florida Brothers announce that they have left comedy behind them in Dragon Gate, and would now focus on being a successful team in Wrestle Association "R". The two show great unity and chemistry taking on veteran Ishinriki, and hard hitting up and comer, Mashimo. An impressive performance is provided by both teams, but there is no decisive result when the fifteen minute time limit expires.

Team Takada battle the Heisei Ishingun team lead by Koshinaka in a highly anticipted bout. Both teams provide very significant offence, but the weight disadvantage is revealed when junior wrestler Hoshikawa is forced to tap due to the strength of the more experienced and heavier Nobuhiko Takada.

The Gaijin team lead by Mike Awesome face off against the NOAH representative team lead by Kenta Kobashi. The Gaijin team make many attempts at isolating Shiosaki and Tiger Emperor throughout the bout, but both young workers show strong resolve, and manage to turn the tide on their larger foes. Kobashi brings a very physical fight to the foreigners, and eventually picks up the win with a Burning Lariat on Giant Bernard.

The fans are quite vocal as the Revolution Team lead by Tenryu makes its way to the ring, due to the recent uproar regarding selective booking in the tournament. As a result, the fans are strongly behind the less experienced junior team, who almost upset their seniors on many occassions. The weight and experience advantage works well for the Revolution Team, as Tenryu hits the 55-Year-Old on Ishi Mori to move onto the next round of the tournament. There seemed to be some more miscommunication within the Italian Connection that could have affected their performance, but Milano assured reporters afterwards that it was nothing to be concerned about. The fans in attendance seemed quite restless when this bout came to its conclusion.

The current WAR Six Man Tag Team Champions, TEAM NO FEAR! 2005 face very strong opposition from a team with a very similar style to their own. Arlovski's team appear very focused coming into the bout, and Arlovski himself manages to dominate Suzuki for a time with some hard shots. Both sides mix amateur style maneuvers with shoot fighting techinques and various strikes to create an extremely intense and physical battle. Takayama manages to use his weight advantage when he isolates Kashin however, and retains his teams winning streak, securing the win with an Everest German Suplex.

Edited by Ganon Dun

30th June 2005

Wrestle Association "R" President Masatomo Takei holds a press conference alongside Nobutaka Araya and Jushin Thunder Liger, in which he intends to reveal some more matches for the remainder of the tour.

user posted image

Before he began however, Araya had a few things to say. He said that since joining the most recent incarnation of Wrestle Association "R", he had managed to lose the respect of an inspiration and a mentor in Genichiro Tenryu. Not only that, but he had failed in his attempts at regaining this respect, and even redeeming himself. As such, Araya issued one more challange, through which he intended on regaining the respect of Tenryu redeeming himself. In Osaka, on the last date of the Battle Angel Tour, he challenges Bill Goldberg to the first singles match of his WAR career. Araya is confident that if he can defeat this gaijin superstar, that he will not only win back the respect of his old mentor, he would show the superiority of native talent over big name Americans.

Junior legend Jushin Thunder Liger revealed that he would be in a tag match against The Great Sasuke and Milano Collection AT. He then added that his partner for the bout, who for now will remain a mystery, shall be the next opponent for The Great Sasuke's WAR International Junior Heavyweight Title.

Takei then revealed more matches for the remainder of the tour;

06/07/05

Anan Sports Center

1. MOCHI & Ishi Mori vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru user posted image & Takashi Sugiura user posted image

2. The Great Sasuke & Milano Collection AT vs. Jushin Thunder Liger & X

3. Katsuyori Shibata, Andrei Arlovski & Nobukazu Hirai vs. Kensuke Sasaki, Tatsumi Fujinami & CIMA

4. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki vs. Nobuhiko Takada, Masaaki Satake & Shigeo Okumura

5. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final: Genichiro Tenryu, Toshiaki Kawada & Masashi Aoyagi vs. Kenta Kobashi user posted image, Go Shiosaki user posted image & Tiger Emperor user posted image

13/07/05

Osaka Central Gymnasium

1. MOCHI & Ishi Mori vs. Raimu Mishima & Takamichi Iwasa

2. Milano Collection AT vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

3. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon © vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru user posted image & Takashi Sugiura user posted image

4. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Final

5. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Edited by Ganon Dun

2nd July 2005

Wrestle Association "R" founder Genichiro Tenryu speaks to the press when he is approached after a training session with Bill Goldberg in the WAR Dojo.

user posted image

"I understand that Koshinaka is unhappy that he is no longer a part of the WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament, however I see no evidence to that which he refers to. I placed my team against the team I felt would provide the greatest challange and the most entertaining bout for the fans, and it just so happens that my team has had more success than the Heisei Ishingun team, lead by Koshinaka. Or perhaps you would like to make excuses for your loss, Koshinaka, as the one who dropped the fall was the lightest member of your team? I am insulted and disappointed.

As you can see, my team once again faces great opposition, now in the semi-final of the tournament, when we take on the remaining NOAH representative team lead by the extremely strong Kenta Kobashi. Is this the evidence of further selective booking? I think not. Koshinaka, I grant you a match in Osaka. I will make quick work of you before going into the finals of the Six Man Tag Team Tournament.

On another note, I have decided to make the match requested by Nobutaka Araya. he does indeed have much to prove, and I see no better way of making him prove himself than by facing Goldberg. Not only is this a great opportunity for Araya, it is also a great opportunity for Goldberg, as he will have the opportunty to display his talent and new style to the Japanese audience. A win over Araya would solidify him as credible competition in the Wrestle Association "R" roster."

Tenryu also confirmed, after talking with Jushin Thunder Liger, that his partner on the next show shall indeed be the challenger for the WAR International Junior Heavyweight Title.

More matches are yet to be revealed for the Osaka card;

13/07/05

Osaka Central Gymnasium

3. Bill Goldberg vs. Nobutaka Araya

4. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon © vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru user posted image & Takashi Sugiura user posted image

5. Genichiro Tenryu vs. Shiro Koshinaka

6. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Title: The Great Sasuke © vs. X

7. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Final

8. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Edited by Ganon Dun

WAR BATTLE ANGEL SERIES 2005 06/07/05

WAR: BATTLE ANGEL SERIES 2005, 06/07/05

Anan Sports Center

1,400 Fans

1. Yoshinobu Kanemaru IPB Image & Takashi Sugiura IPB Image defeat MOCHI & Ishi Mori when Sugiura hits the Olympic Slam on Ishi Mori. (12:38)

2. Jushin Thunder Liger & Sasuke The Great defeat The Great Sasuke & Milano Collection AT when Liger hits the Liger Bomb on Milano. (14:42)

3. Kensuke Sasaki, Tatsumi Fujinami & CIMA defeat Katsuyori Shibata, Andrei Arlovski & Nobukazu Hirai when Fujinami uses a Cradle Pin on Hirai. (16:23)

4. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki defeat Nobuhiko Takada, Masaaki Satake & Shigeo Okumura when Takayama hits Okumura with a Running Knee Strike. (22:19)

5. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Semi-Final: Kenta Kobashi IPB Image, Go Shiosaki IPB Image & Tiger Emperor IPB Image defeat Genichiro Tenryu, Toshiaki Kawada & Masashi Aoyagi when Kobashi hits a moonsault on Aoyagi. (26:51)

Liger's mystery partner was revealed to be Sasuke The Great;

IPB Image

The NOAH juniors make good on their word as they have a very decisive victory over the Italian Connection's MOCH and Ishi Mori. Further miscommunication issues seemed to hamper the Italian Connection as Ishi Mori accidentally hit MOCHI on a number of occassions, that could have ruined some opportunitie, but they had nothing to say on this after the match.

Liger takes the mic as he gets to the ring and announces his partner to be Masao Orihara. However Sasuke The Great makes his way to the ring, taking place as Liger's partner and says that he has proven his worth as The Great Sasuke's opponent in Osaka on many occassions. They show some good chemistry and manage to eventually overcome the talented opposition of The Great Sasuke and Milano Collection AT. The fans seemed to be very impressed by this bout, and gave quite an ovation when it came to its end.

Shibata is very eager to get his hands on Kensuke in the six man tag match, and manages to distract Kensuke from the actual match for quite some time. On the other side however, Takada is at ring side for the bout, and spends some time distracting the attention of Arlovski. The match eventually reaches its conclusion when Fujinami uses a Cradle Pin to keep down Hirai. Afterwards, Fujinami takes the mic and announces that this was his last match under Wrestle Association "R", and that he would be returning to New Japan Pro Wrestling.

The current WAR Six Man Tag Team Champions defend their title once again, this time from the strong Team Takada. Things were on the side of TEAM NO FEAR! throughout the match however, as Arlovski made his way to ringside in an attempt at distracting Takada. Takada took great exception to this, and the two brawled outside of the ring, and out to the back. Takayama managed to make quick work of Okumura near as the match came to its end, putting him down with a running knee strike.

The NOAH representative team manages to upset the team of Tenryu, Kawada and Aoyagi, as Kobashi hits the moonsault on Aoygai. After the match, Tenryu punched and kicked at Aoyagi in anger. Backstage afterwards, Kawada issued an open challange to anyone who wished to face him at Osaka, now that he was no longer a part of the Tournament.

Edited by Ganon Dun

I'm not too big on Kobashi's team going over. There are other teams that were way strong then his.

Plus you haven't done much to build up his two partners, so all the other teams look very weak.

8th July 2005

Two men had things to say today concerning Battle Angel in Osaka;

user posted image

Riki Choshu speaks on his recent performance, and reveals that he was thinking of starting another promotion before joining WAR full time.

"A month before I received the phone call from Takei-san, I had been planning on running another promotion by the name of RIKIPRO. However, after a very lengthy conversation with both Takei and Tenryu-san, I came to the realisation that it wasn't time for me to take on such a role yet, I still have the ability to be the top man in any Japanese promotion. Recently in Wrestle Association "R", I haven't been too sure of myself. I strived to become the Japan J-1 Heavyweight Champion, but didn't seem to have what it took to reach the final. I intended to wipe WAR clean of MMA, but faied in that. I thought that alongside Fujinami, and with the fire of one as young as Garuda I had the team capable of winning the Six Man Tag Team Tournament, but I was again mistaken. What I need is a match, one match that will demonstrate that I have the strength, that I have the will and spirit to still be the best in any Japanese promotion. As such... I accept the open chalange of Toshiaki Kawada. I shall be your opponent in Osaka, where we will have a match that will prove to the fans and myself that I have what it takes to keep me in the ring, and not sit me behind a desk. I am the Revolution Warrior, and as such am the embodiment of what Wrestle Association "R" stands for. Prepare yourself, Kawada."

user posted image

Kobashi revealed his thoughts on entering the final of the WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament, and gaining a shot at the title itself.

"I personally feel very confident coming into this match. TEAM NO FEAR! has only managed to make its way through this tournament through dirty tactics or by capitalising on weight advantages. Tiger Emperor is the lightest person on my team, but he is almost the weight of Minoru Suzuki and is no stranger to facing other heavyweights. He is the current GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion, after a great match against Yoshinobu Kanemaru. Shiosaki on the other hand, is as good a partner as I could ask for. He has grown and grown under my tutelage, and is steadily becoming one of the strongest heavyweights in Pro Wrestling NOAH today. Currently the GHC Hardcore Openweight Champion, I am more than confident that it could be he that wins the fall in this important bout. I have personally bested two out of three of the opponents in this bout, with Fujita being the only wild card in my opinion, but I am in great physical shape and feel that my team will be the ones walking out of Osaka with the WAR Six Man Tag Team titles.. Ikuzo!"

Edited by Ganon Dun

9th July 1005

Wrestle Association "R" President Masatomo Takei held a WAR press conference alongside Andrei Arlovski, Nobuhiko Takada and Toshiaki Kawada.

user posted imageuser posted image

Takei announced that after some great discussion, he has agreed with both Arlovski and Takada to give them a Different Style Fight in Osaka for Battle Angel. The rules would be the same as those in the previous WAR 'Different Style Fight' bouts, with rules that are very similar to those seen in K-1. Arlovski said that he has little patience for 'old' Takada, that Takada is weak and is no kind of opposition for him. He added that he would prove this in Osaka, by beating Takada lifeless. Takada replied by stating that this is the classic battle of youth versus experience, a calm, cerebral and collected individual against a hungry, vicious and impatient one. He claimed that Arlovski's demand for this to be a Different Style Fight only proves his weakness as a pro wrestler, and added that this would win him no respect from the fans or from his fellow WAR athletes. However, he finished by saying that he has studied Arlovski's battles in UFC, and is more than able to handle everything Arlovski will throw at him. Andrei Arlovski refused to have any pictures taken with Takada, and left the conference abruptly.

Kawada spoke briefly about Riki Choshu accepting his open challange. He was pleased that it was someone like Choshu who had accepted his challange, but promised that Choshu would not be able to rebuild his career on him. He stated that at best, Choshu may be able to redeem himself by providing convincing opposition, but no more.

Takei then revealed the full card for Battle Angel in Osaka 2005;

13/07/05

Osaka Central Gymnasium

4. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon © vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru user posted image & Takashi Sugiura user posted image

5. Different Style Fight: Andrei Arlovski vs. Nobuhiko Takada

6. Riki Choshu vs. Toshiaki Kawada

7. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Title: The Great Sasuke © vs. Sasuke The Great

8. Genichiro Tenryu vs. Shiro Koshinaka

9. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Final: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenta Kobashi user posted image, Go Shiosaki user posted image & Tiger Emperor user posted image

10. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © vs. Katsuyori Shibata

NOTE: Thoughts, predictions anyone?

Edited by Ganon Dun

Awesome. One of the best diaries I've read in the last year. If you keep this one going for a while, you could have a real gem here. Excellent format, and excellent last WAR show.

There's alot going on, and the cards do seem a bit stacked. You do seem to be jumping a bit..don't think Kobashi's team was over enough either, but overall there's nothing significant to complain about.

Edited by Treyu

HUZZAH~!

Hmmm. If you are to be pushing Raimu and Iwasa, Ishi Mori (I hate that name) is the perfect person for either of them to go over. MOCHI should decimate them though.

I wish this was higher up the card. this was the final of the SJC 4th Stage, first night, I did with my old NJPW diary. Liger won in over 20 minutes, and went on to lose to Dark Dragon (K-ness under a different mask) in the final... Liger is the outsider here, as Milano is contracted. Milano NEEDS to go over.

I care none for this match. I don't enjoy a lot of Gaijin in Puro diarys, but thats just me. I would love for Araya to win, but it ain't gonna happen.

4. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon © vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Takashi Sugiura

Which defence are they up to? I always put that information in title match write-ups. I would like Darkness to go over Sugiura here.

5. Different Style Fight: Andrei Arlovski vs. Nobuhiko Takada

Should be so much higher in the card... TAKADA-kun~!

Hmmm. Another big match here. I don't agree with you having this massive matches pulled out of nowhere. This should have been held off to main event a much bigger building. And you never put attendances down! I want to see attendances and the building sizes you run....~! Kawada!

7. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Title: The Great Sasuke © vs. Sasuke The Great

That is a TERRIBLE X, and this match should be way lower in the card, considering what is below it. Is it Orihara under the mask, or is it going to be a surprise? Sasuke.

Another semi-big match here. Tenryu easily over, because he has the book :P I would love for Koshinaka to go over, as he never gets the credit he deserves.

9. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Final: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki vs. Kenta Kobashi , Go Shiosaki & Tiger Emperor

NO FEAR~! This tournament has been built really bad. I'm not having a go at you, just offering advice etc. You should have had a bigger team against No Fear here, because No Fear HAVE to win this match, which then makes the tournament pointless... Oh well :(

10. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © vs. Katsuyori Shibata

If you give this to Shibata, I shall never read this diary again~! SASAKI V1000 and then loses it to Koshinaka who also makes V1000. Thats how it must go :P Seriously. Sasaki :D

Dude, Ganon, this diary is kicking major ass. Literally. With all do respect, I will add this one to the puro diaries that are going on the boards right now. One thing: If you have Takada come in full-time, push him to the moon!!! :P

WAR BATTLE ANGEL IN OSAKA 2005 13/07/05

IPB Image

The Osaka Central Gymnasium presents; Wrestle Association "R": Battle Angel In Osaka 2005.

Wrestle Association "R" returns to Osaka, however this time to the smaller Osaka Central Gymnasium; however it seems that the 8,000 seats here weren't enough for the demand that caught WAR officials by surprise. Eiji Ezaki makes his way to ringside to take up his announcing role, and to welcome the fans to the event. Maeda also heads to ringside with Ujiie alongside their new broadcasting colleague, Yoshiaki Fujiwara. Fujiwara stated that his love for the business was so strong that he felt empty without featuring in some capacity.

The old Florida Brothers music, 'Living In America' by James Brown hits as Mishima and Iwasa are announced; which audibly incurs some confusion amongst those in attendance. However as the two make their way to the ring, a heavier rendition of Genichiro Tenryu's 'Thunder Storm' entrance music is played over the sound system, that gains the attention of the fans. Mishima and Iwasa are wearing a rendition of their Dragon Gate Gundan outfits, but with the only colours featured on them being black and yellow. Mishima takes a microphone and announces that from here on they shall collectively be known as The Revolution Brothers. Both Raimu and Takamichi look very focused coming into this bout. MOCHI and Ishi Mori on the other hand have seperate entrances, and MOCHI demands to be announced as Masaaki Mochizuki. Masaaki takes control for the first half of the bout, working over both Mishima and Iwasa with various strikes, but then tags in Ishi Mori. Mori hits a springboard wheel kick from the apron, taking down Iwasa, then capitalises with his Superstar Elbow that almost gets a three. Iwasa manages to get to his feet though, and tags in Mishima. Mishima and Iwasa both spend time in the ring double teaming Ishi Mori, with some very physical and vicious offence. Ishi Mori manages to break free for a few moments, and tries to get a tag to Mochizuki, bit Mochizuki ignores him. As Ishi Mori steps back into the centre of the ring, Iwasa hits him with a Float over Enziguri, which Mishima follows up with a Powerbomb Pin to get the three count. Mochizuki heads straight to the back at the end of the bout, and refuses to speak with press. The Revolution Brothers celebrate their victory for a few moments before heading to the back. They speak briefly with reporters, and talk about this being perhaps not the most convincing victory, but one that will herald a new beginning for them, as they revolutionise their own careers.

Milano seemed a little unfocused upon making his way to the ring, perhaps as a reaction to the current state of the Nuovo Italian Connection. When he faces Liger however, he seems to become much more focused and ready. Milano is very much on the offensive as the match gets underway, overwhelming Liger with a vast array of chain submissions and sharp strikes. Liger eventually manages to slow things down a little, though as he hits Milano with a Shotei. Managing to contain and continue this pace for a while, Liger starts to dominate with a few submission holds of his own; a Mexican Surfboard and a Camel Clutch, before tossing Milano to the outside. Liger attempts to throw Milano at the railings, but Milano manages to reverse it, and toss Liger to the steel railings before making his way back into the ring. Milano drops a legdrop on Liger as he attempts to make his own way into the ring, and then applies the AT Lock. Liger just manages to get to the ropes however. A rolling savate kick from Liger takes Milano off balance, and Liger capitalises with a Liger Bomb, that gets a two count. Liger picks up Milano, and begins to set him up for a brainbuster, but Milano slides down his back and hits him with a German Suplex Pin that almost gets a three count. As Milano lifts Liger to his feet, Masaaki Mochizuki can be seen making his way to ringside. Distracted for a moment, Liger hits a kick to the gut of Milano and makes an attempt at a Running Liger Bomb. Milano manages to roll over and behind Liger as he runs, placing Liger in a pinning predicament that he quickly escapes from. Milano hits Liger with a running calf kick when he gets to his feet, and then runs to the ropes to attempt the Armani Shoe Exchange. Masaaki intercepts however, and hits Milano in the face with a steel chair. The referee sees it and calls and end to the match. Liger gets to his feet and beckons for Mochizuki to enter the ring and finish off Milano. Mochizuki quickly rolls in and hits the Twister on Milano before heading backstage. Liger mocks Milano for a while before heading back also. He tells reporters that he had no idea Mochizuki was going to interfere, but felt that a message Milano needed to receive was delivered.

Araya heads out to the ring first, followed by Bill Goldberg. As Goldberg walks around the ring he stops briefly to acknowledge his wife before entering. Araya shows little intimidation in the face of Goldberg, stepping up and standing toe-to-toe, in a stare down. Goldberg motions for Araya to come off the ropes and hit him, Araya quickly responds and attempts a shoulder block on Goldberg, but Goldberg barely budges. Goldberg offers Araya another chance to come off the ropes, but catches him by the throat on the way back. He lifts Araya above his head in a military press, and then brings him forward for a front slam. Bill Goldberg briefly glares towards the crowd, before lifting Araya again, this time onto his shoulder, for a powerslam. Araya rolls out of the ring and paces a little around the ring, visibly in pain after the power moves of Goldberg. He eventually rolls back into the ring, and attempts to initiate a test of strength with Goldberg, but catches him off guard with a quick kick to the gut. Araya follows up with a stiff lariat that takes Bill Goldberg off his feet; he then climbs the turnbuckles and comes off with a Moonsault that just gets a two count. Goldberg quickly gets to his feet as Araya is still rising, and hits the Spear. He then looks to the crowd and raises his arm signalling for the finish. He lifts Araya up, then pulls him up for the Jackhammer, decisively getting his first Wrestle Association “R” win. Backstage afterwards, Goldberg stated that it was all up from here on, and that no one in Wrestle Association “R” was safe from Goldberg. Araya refused to comment on his loss however.

4. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon © vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Takashi Sugiura

TOKYO and K-Ness come to the ring to an impressive reaction, as Masato Yoshino joins them for the post match Do FIXER dance routine. NOAH juniors Kanemaru and Sugiura waste no time getting to the ring however, and go straight to work on TOKYO and K-Ness . TOKYO manages to throw Kanemaru to the outside and then meets up with Darkness Dragon to hit a double suplex on Sugiura, who then rolls from the ring. Sugiura and TOKYO start off, with Sugiura suddenly hitting an arm drag on TOKYO, and following up with an arm bar. TOKYO manages to struggle free, and throws Sugiura to the ropes, catching him on the rebound with a hard clothesline. Sugiura rolls to his corner and tags in Kanemaru, who walks into an arm drag from TOKYO. Kanemaru then demands that TOKYO tags in K-Ness, who seem quite eager to get involved. Darkness Dragon starts off well, connecting with a springboard dropkick and following up with a running cross body and a snap suplex. His offence only goes so far however, as Sugiura and Kanemaru manage to isolate him in their corner, grounding him to prevent him from accessing a lot of offence. K-Ness manages to narrowly avoid receiving an Olympic Slam, rolling throw and executing a huge DDT. Dragon quickly tags in TOKYO, who runs across and knocks Kanemaru off the apron before turning his attentions to Sugiura. Kanemaru takes this as an opportunity to further weaken K-Ness, and the two brawl on the outside. On the inside however, TOKYO manages to gain the upper hand on Sugiura, taking him down with an Enziguri. He then gets to the top rope and comes off with a Shooting Star Press that just gets the three, and gives the Do FIXER team their V3 defence. Backstage after the match, TOKYO and K-Ness claim that they are very happy to be representing the WAR junior brand, and feel that they have now proven its superiority over the NOAH junior brand.

5. Andrei Arlovski vs. Nobuhiko Takada

Alongside his regular trainer, Arlovski comes to the ring with Bill Goldberg, who seems to be offering some support. Takada looks more focused than ever though, and shows no signs of intimidation from the young and vicious Belarus native. As soon as the bell rings, Takada and Arlovski charge straight at one another, immediately exchanging hard punches and kicks. Arlovski tries a roundhouse kick at the head of Takada, but Takada manages to avoid it, kicking down the other leg of Arlovski, forcing him to drop to the ground in what appears to be some considerable pain. Takada quickly tries to capitalise on this, trying to lock in some kind of leg lock or knee bar, but Arlovski manages to kick away Takada, and roll away. The match is stopped briefly, as a doctor takes a look at the leg of Arlovski that shows signs of bruising, but Arlovski seems determined to carry on. As the bout continues Takada charges at Arlovski again, assaulting him with a barrage of sharp kicks to the weakened leg, before attempting a take down. Arlovski overpowers Takada though, lifting him up off the ground, and dropping him on his neck. Takada fails to answer to the ten count, allowing a very significant win for young Andrei Arlovski. When press caught up with Arlovski backstage, he said that there was no greater proof of the devastation of the Russian Neck Drop, than when it is used in such an environment to knock out someone like Nobuhiko Takada.

Choshu shows great determination as he makes his way to the ring, however Kawada appears quite calm and prepared for whatever Choshu may throw at him. As the bell rings, Choshu runs at Kawada and attempts to hit him with a Riki Lariat, but Kawada just ducks it; Choshu rebounds on the opposite side of the ring, and comes charging back at Kawada, but Dangerous K is ready for him this time, and kicks back the arm of Choshu, before coming off the ropes and delivering a lariat of his own. Kawada takes hold of Riki Choshu and lifts him to his feet, but holds him bent over and begins kicking at his forehead; knocking Choshu back to the ground. As Choshu sits up, Kawada comes off the ropes and tries to kick at the chest of Choshu, but he manages to grab the leg of Kawada and trip him up. The Revolution Warrior begins applying the Sasorigatime, but Kawada manages to quickly reach the ropes before Choshu can apply any real pressure. The two battle out for a considerable amount of time, with neither opponent showing signs of faltering until just before the thirty minute mark, when Choshu finally manages to lock Kawada in the Sasorigatime. Kawada grits his teeth, obviously in a great amount of pain, and makes many desperate attempts at reaching the ropes. Every time he nearly reaches the ropes however, Choshu pulls him back into the centre and eventually the bell is rung; as the thirty minute time limit is reached. For a moment Choshu seemed to believe that he had won the match, but was visibly distraught when it was explained to him that the time limit had expired. Backstage afterwards, Choshu stated that while he may not have won the match, he feels revitalised and ready to make his way to the top of Wrestle Association “R”.

Sasuke The Great comes to the ring with a cigar in his mouth, and when he reaches the ring, sits on the corner awaiting the arrival of International Junior Heavyweight Champion. The Great Sasuke seemed quite eager to settle things with Sasuke The Great, as the two have had quite a storied history, including the recent loss of Sasuke & Milano to the team of Liger & STG. A fast paced arm drag exchange kicks off the match, which gets a small ovation from those in attendance. The two exchange a variety of fast paced chain offence, with The Great Sasuke often getting the better of his opponent. Sasuke The Great visibly shows signs of being irritated at this however, and starts to swing wildly at The Great Sasuke with a number of strikes, a few of which connect. He then rolls to the outside and tries to take the ring bell from announcer Ezaki, who is reluctant to hand him it. STG eventually gives up trying to take the bell from Ezaki and turns to the ring, only to be hit by a Sasuke Special as Sasuke comes flying over the top rope to the outside. The Great Sasuke continues to work a very quick and clean style, with Sasuke The Great often reverting to dirty and shadier tactics in order to get the upper hand. As the match nears its conclusion, Sasuke The Great sets up The Great Sasuke for a Spider German Suplex, but TGS manages to elbow off STG, and then follows up with The Waterfall to get the three count on Sasuke The Great. STG attempts to attack The Great Sasuke as he celebrates with the belt, but The Great Sasuke manages to trip him and begins taking off his mask; eventually revealing Sasuke The Great to indeed be Masao Orihara.

Koshinaka makes his way out to the ring first alongside his Heisei Ishingun stable (Tatsutoshi Goto, Naohiro Hoshikawa & TARU), and appears quite angered, yet focused. Tenryu isn’t alone either though, as he makes his way to the ring alongside Raimu Mishima, Takamichi Iwasa and an unfamiliar, but quite bulky, masked man. All eight face each other before those not participating in the match take their place outside the ring, at their respective corners. Koshinaka shows great fire and focus in the face of a quietly confident looking Genichiro Tenryu. A chop battle ensues as the two meet in the centre of the ring, with Tenryu getting the advantage as he hits his ‘Guh’ punches in between several of the chops, eventually taking Koshinaka off his feet. Tenryu lifts up Koshinaka slowly, but is caught by surprise when Shiro quickly rolls him up in a small package that gets a two count. This seems to anger Tenryu however, who begins kicking Koshinaka on the side of the head as he tries to make his way to his feet. Eventually lifting up Koshinaka himself, Tenryu then connects with a DDT that allows Tenryu to continue to dominate the match for some time. At one point, Tenryu tries to hit his 55-Year-Old, but Koshinaka manages to roll him up again for another two, that seems to anger Tenryu further. Tenryu charges at Koshinaka, but is caught with a jumping hip attack from Koshinaka. Koshinaka then follows up with a brainbuster before making his way to the top turnbuckle. As Tenryu gets to his feet, he jumps off and connects with another hip attack on Tenryu, that gets another two count. Now with the momentum, Koshinaka lifts Tenryu and goes for a Powerbomb,, but Tenryu reverses it, and lifts Koshinaka over him. The advantage back with Tenryu, he quickly lifts Koshinaka and executes the 55-Year-Old, but it isn’t enough to keep Koshinaka down for the three. Tenryu picks up Koshinaka and slam him down with a scoop slam, then climbs the turnbuckles. He jumps off and attempts a diving elbow drop, but Koshinaka barely manages to roll out of the way. Koshinaka now lifts Tenryu up, attempts and executes the Powerbomb Pin. Tenryu kicks out though, just before the three, much to the surprise of those in Heisei Ishingun, and relief of those on the side of Tenryu. Koshinaka tries to execute a german suplex on Tenryu, but Tenryu elbows Koshinaka away and manages to hit a Powerbomb Pin of his own that keeps Koshinaka down for three. Tenryu continues to beat on Koshinaka after the bell, which leads to Koshinaka’s stable members making their way into the ring, only to be met by those from Tenryu’s side. After a short brawl, Tenryu’s men gain the advantage, and toss Heisei Ishingun to the outside, much to the disapproval of the fans. Tenryu then reveals the identity of the masked man by ripping off his mask, revealing former Wrestle Association “R” worker, Arashi. Backstage later, Koshinaka states that while he may have lost this bout, he and the Heisei Ishingun won’t stand idly by while Tenryu continues to abuse his power.

9. WAR Six Man Tag Team Title Tournament Final: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki © vs. Kenta Kobashi, Go Shiosaki & Tiger Emperor

TEAM NO FEAR! 2005 seem quite laid back as they make their entrance, whereas the NOAH representatives appear very strong and centered. Fujita starts off in the ring for the defending champions, and Shiosaki calmly takes place in the ring for the challengers. The two exchange a few elbows, with Shiosaki coming off the ropes and taking Fujita down with a jumping elbow attack. Fujita tags in Suzuki, who comes quickly at Shiosaki with sharp kicks to the side of the legs, and ducking and dodging the elbows and strike of Shiosaki before slapping him across the face and sticking his tongue out at him in mockery. Suzuki then demands that Shiosaki tag in Kobashi, and when Shiosaki does, Suzuki tags in Takayama. Takayama jogs towards Kobashi and hits him with a big boot to the side of the head, and Kobashi follows up with a sharp, stiff chop to the chest of Takayama. Takayama continues to come off the ropes with big boots to the head of Kobashi, but Kobashi eventually catches Takayama off guard and comes off the ropes himself, catching Takayama with a jumping neckbreaker. Kobashi dominates Takayama for a short while, who then tags in Suzuki. Suzuki attempts to duck and dodge the chops of Kobashi, but gets caught by a lariat. Kobashi then demands that Suzuki tag in Fujita. Fujita and Kobashi stare down, and Kobashi bounces off the ropes and attempts a lariat that Fujita manages to duck. On the rebound, Fujita hits a hurricanrana on an unsuspecting Kobashi. Kobashi then tags in Tiger Emperor, who attacks Fujita with quick kicks, but eventually is stopped dead when Fujita catches him on a flying cross body, and executes a stiff spinebuster. Both teams show great tenacity and spirit, and great physicality for the remainder of the bout. As the match nears its end, Takayama and Kobashi are brawling on the outside, tossing on another to the railings, when Fujita and Shiosaki are again the two legal men. Shiosaki manages to get the upper hand on Fujita with a diving elbow strike from the top turnbuckle, and then sets up Fujita in the corner. He begins to carry Fujita on his shoulders to the centre of the ring; apparently intending to execute the Burning Hammer. However, Fujita slides off of the shoulders of Shiosaki and locks in a sleeper hold, wrapping his legs around Shiosaki and dropping to the ground. Tiger Emperor attempts to break it up, but is also caught in a sleeper hold, but from Minoru Suzuki. Kobashi tries to slide in the ring to break up the hold, but Takayama holds him back. A limp Shiosaki doesn’t respond to the referee after a short while, forcing the referee to call an end to the match via submission. When reporters approaches TEAM NO FEAR! 2005 backstage, Takayama said that he would now face the winner of tonight’s Japan J-1 Title bout on the next tour.

10. WAR Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © vs. Katsuyori Shibata

A very fixed and intent Shibata makes his way to the ring and stops to speak with announcer Akira Maeda for a moment before entering the ring. Kensuke Sasaki comes to the ring with his wife Akira Hokuto, and his protégé Katsuhiko Nakajima, who has been training hard in the WAR Dojo as of late. Shibata starts off quickly, hitting some hard kicks to the body of Kensuke, but with each one Kensuke responds with a hard chop to the chest of Shibata that seems to take more effect on Shibata than the kicks are taking on Kensuke. Kensuke eventually catches the leg of Shibata on one of the kicks, and takes him down with a short arm lariat. Sasaki then locks in Strangle Hold Alpha on the downed Shibata, but young Shibata manages to make his way to the ropes. Shibata distances himself from Kensuke, and manages to connect with many more kicks, this time to the legs of Sasaki, that eventually seem to wear down Kensuke. Sasaki tries to shake off the pain, and comes off the ropes to attempt a lariat, but Shibata blocks the lariat and hits an STO on Kensuke that gets a two count. Kensuke manages to get back to his feet and hit several more chops on Shibata, before telling Shibata to try and knock him down with a lariat. Shibata comes off the ropes and hits a hard lariat on Kensuke, but Kensuke barely budges. He tries again, and again Kensuke doesn’t budge. On the third try, he charges at Sasaki again, but Sasaki catches his arm and hits the Ipponzei. Kensuke then applies Strangle Hold Gamma, but again Shibata manages to get to the ropes. When Shibata gets to his feet, Sasaki runs to the ropes and tries to connect with a lariat of his own, but Shibata ducks it and catches Sasaki, hitting him with a german suplex. As Sasaki sits up, Shibata runs at Kensuke and connects with a stiff kick to his chest that gets a two count. In what appears to be desperation, Shibata now locks Kensuke in a cross camel clutch, and when Kensuke almost reaches the ropes, turns it into a chicken wing facelock. Sasaki manages to roll to the edge of the ring, forcing both of them to fall to the outside. Shibata throws Kensuke to the steel railings, but Kensuke bounces off them like they were ropes and comes back with a lariat, knocking down Shibata onto the hard mats. Kensuke then picks up Shibata and hits his head against the ring post, busting him open. The crowd seem quite pleased when Kensuke rolls Shibata back into the ring, who then applies the Strangle Hold Beta on the bloodied Katsuyori. Kensuke keeps the hold locked in for well over a minute, and then attempts a cover, but only gets a two count. Kensuke watches a Shibata staggers to his feet, and dodges some weak looking kicks. Shibata takes one big roundhouse kick aimed at the head of Kensuke, but Kensuke easily ducks it and hits a lariat on Shibata. Sasaki then picks up Shibata and executes the Northern Lights Bomb, getting the three count and defending his Japan J-1 title. Backstage after the match, Kensuke Sasaki told reporters that he feels like he is in great shape, and will be more than ready for Yoshihiro Takayama. He speaks highly of Shibata though, saying that he has great fire and spirit, but a bad attitude that could be improved over time.

WAR: BATTLE ANGEL IN OSAKA 2005, 13/07/05

Osaka Central Gymnasium

8,000 Fans - Super No Vacancy

1. Raimu Mishima & Takamichi Iwasa defeat Masaaki Mochizuki & Ishi Mori when Mishima hits a Powerbomb Pin on Ishi Mori. (10:09)

2. Milano Collection AT vs. Jushin Thunder Liger ends in DQ when Masaaki Mochizuki interferes. (12:02)

3. Bill Goldberg defeats Nobutaka Araya with the Jackhammer. (07:45)

4. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Magnum TOKYO & Darkness Dragon © defeat Yoshinobu Kanemaru IPB Image & Takashi Sugiura IPB Image when TOKYO hits a Shooting Star Press on Sugiura. (V3) (19:44)

5. Different Style Fight: Andrei Arlovski defeats Nobuhiko Takada when Takada cannot answer to the 10 count after a Russian Neck Drop variation. (08:47)

6. Riki Choshu vs. Toshiaki Kawada comes to a draw when the time limit expires. (30:00)

7. WAR International Junior Heavyweight Title: The Great Sasuke © defeats Sasuke The Great with The Waterfall. (V1) (19:05)

8. Genichiro Tenryu defeats Shiro Koshinaka with a Powerbomb Pin. (21:31)

9. WAR Six Man Tag Team Tournament Final: Yoshihiro Takayama, Kazuyuki Fujita & Minoru Suzuki defeat Kenta Kobashi IPB Image, Go Shiosaki IPB Image & Tiger Emperor IPB Image via submission when Fujita uses a sleeper hold on Shiosaki. (V2) (34:29)

10. Japan J-1 Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki © defeats Katsuyori Shibata with a Northern Lights Bomb. (V2) (20:55)

Edited by Ganon Dun

I say, I question the booking of Arlovski over Takada, I like Takada, and have sat through his losses in PRIDE to Royler Gracie (I believe it was him... There are to many Gracie's to count.), and I really like him in Hustle. You just had to get Goldy... :shifty: Milano AT getting a win by DQ??? I haven't been able to think of how long it's been in Puro that there was a DQ win... Ahh, well, the heck with it. Great diary, great writing. Keep it up.