Final Fantasy 12

MalaCloudy Black

FFXII looks to be a mediocre game, I can't stand on-screen battles, to me an RPG is all about the random battling, it's part of that desperate scramble when near death to escape to a save point that makes the game fun a lot of the time 

That scramble fucking blows, especially when you're scrambling EVERY BLOODY STEP YOU TAKE.

BTW - Anyone read the reviews for Xenosaga II? It's not getting good reviews at all (even the XS fansites gave the demo/preview a 6/10!) but I think I may still at the very least rent it. Does anyone know if XS:I save data can be used on XS:II?

Q: There seems to be a trend of FF games towards younger looking, more effeminate male leads. Did you ever consider making a more rugged looking hero?

[Lots of laughter as the super translator person tries to figure out how to describe Vaan as "effeminate."]

Yoshida: In the early stages of development the hero character was more rugged -- big and tough. As we started shaping up the scenario and taking into consideration the target demographic, the character became what you see today. There were other ideas tossed around.

Until motion capture and voice actor Kohei Takeda was cast for Vaan, the main character was actually a little more effeminate. With him playing the role, the character became more active, upbeat, bright and positive. The character would have been even more effeminate had Takeda not been cast.

Edited by TEWObsession

you can use savegames, that prolly the reason for you being able to save at the end of xenosaga 1

Alright. I was wondering about that because the last I heard that feature was "up in the air" somewhat, as in, they were undecided about whether or not to include that. Oh, yeah, I have to do this too.

*points and laughs at Matzat*

I can go out and get the game tomorrow if I want. As a matter of fact, maybe I will. Yeah, I will.

ooh, I'm such a bastard.

EDIT ~ Since i'm here and this isn't really worthy of a new topic. Unlimited Saga, anyone played it? And if so, did you enjoy it? I bought it about 6 months ago but haven't played it properly till now, finding it a bit hard to understand some parts of the levelling system but i'm getting into it.

EDIT ~ Since i'm here and this isn't really worthy of a new topic. Unlimited Saga, anyone played it? And if so, did you enjoy it? I bought it about 6 months ago but haven't played it properly till now, finding it a bit hard to understand some parts of the levelling system but i'm getting into it.

Unlimited Saga was quite possibly the worst RPG I've ever played....make that attempted to play.

I picked it up out of a bargain bin at Wal-Mart for $19.99, and ended up trading it in for about 2 or 3 dollars worth of store credit at Gamestop about two weeks later, give or take a day.

Oh, and regarding my earlier post about Xenosaga II....I found out that they replaced the majority of the voice cast! They still have the same voice actors for Jr and Albedo (and I think Ziggy, but I may be wrong), but they definitely have new voice actors for Shion, MOMO, chaos and KOS-MOS. (I'm happy they replaced MOMO, but wish they had kept the others)

I'd be homicidal if they had replaced Albedo's voice actor, as he does an amazing job with the character and comes off perfectly demented.

Voice Actors list for Xenosaga II (from www.imdb.com):

(They're pretty much the same, so imdb.com could be wrong. What's your source?)

Richard Epcar - Ziggurat 8 (Ziggy)

Carlos Ferro - Pellegri

Crispin Freeman - Albedo/Jin Uzuki

Alexis Lang - Virgil

Sherry Lynn - MOMO

Ruby Marlowe - KOS-MOS

Michael McConnohie - Margulis

Lia Sargent - Shion Uzuki

Brianne Siddall - Jr.

Dave Wittenberg - Allen Ridgley

The only one I can see there that's different from XS1 is Carlos Ferro. In XS1 Pellegri was played by Anne Sherman (her biggest role probably being in 'Macross Plus'), so according to this the main cast is primarily unchanged. So yes, you will still suffer Sherry Lynn's 'Sasami'-esque vocals.

I would give you some examples of what Carlos Ferro has been in, but they're all so appallingly minor that there's no point. <_<

(P.S. - Despite never having played the game, I'd be pissed if they replaced Crispin Freeman for Albedo too - based on his credentials alone. He was Arucard in Hellsing and Hideki in Chobits. Now there's variety of characters for you).

Edited by stokeriño

I'd be homicidal if they had replaced Albedo's voice actor, as he does an amazing job with the character and comes off perfectly demented.

Same. Albedo is awesome, I used to have quotes of his as my sig/custom back on EWBIII. Fuckin' badass guy.

Unlimited Saga was quite possibly the worst RPG I've ever played....make that attempted to play.

I picked it up out of a bargain bin at Wal-Mart for $19.99, and ended up trading it in for about 2 or 3 dollars worth of store credit at Gamestop about two weeks later, give or take a day.

Oh, and regarding my earlier post about Xenosaga II....I found out that they replaced the majority of the voice cast! They still have the same voice actors for Jr and Albedo (and I think Ziggy, but I may be wrong), but they definitely have new voice actors for Shion, MOMO, chaos and KOS-MOS. (I'm happy they replaced MOMO, but wish they had kept the others)

Pssh, they want me to READ down to the COMMENTS? Morons... <_<

Anyway, much searching through Gamefaqs ellicits:

Shion Uzuki: Olivia Hack

KOS-MOS: Colleen O’Shaughnessy

chaos: Joshua Seth

MOMO: Cristina Pucelli

Ziggy: Richard Epcar

Jr./Rubedo: Brianne Siddall

Jin Uzuki: Michael Gough

Joshua Seth is the guy who played Tetsuo in Akira, and Brianne Siddall played Tsukasa in .hack. No-one else has done anything significant ever. :shifty:

And according to the Gamefaqs people the new MOMO is even worse. I dread to think.

Pssh, they want me to READ down to the COMMENTS? Morons... <_<

Anyway, much searching through Gamefaqs ellicits:

Shion Uzuki: Olivia Hack

KOS-MOS: Colleen O’Shaughnessy

chaos: Joshua Seth

MOMO: Cristina Pucelli

Ziggy: Richard Epcar

Jr./Rubedo: Brianne Siddall

Jin Uzuki: Michael Gough

Joshua Seth is the guy who played Tetsuo in Akira, and Brianne Siddall played Tsukasa in .hack. No-one else has done anything significant ever. :shifty:

And according to the Gamefaqs people the new MOMO is even worse. I dread to think.

I just wish they had cast Stephen Jay Blum\I forget the other name he uses (Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop, Roger Smith in Big O, and voiceover guy in the recent 7-11 commercials) in a role.)

His other name is just Steven Blum, nothing special.

I'd have liked to see some ADV voice actor talent on there, but since all these people tend to be either from the same company (whoever does Digimon and all that...) or nobodies, I presume there's a matter of contracts involved. Still, it would have made me mark...although quite why I mark for most of the ADV voice acting talent I don't know.

Unlimited Saga is one of the most brilliant pices of gaming out there....

Liar. :shifty:

I just wish they had cast Stephen Jay Blum\I forget the other name he uses (Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop, Roger Smith in Big O, and voiceover guy in the recent 7-11 commercials) in a role.)

His other name is just Steven Blum, nothing special.

I'd have liked to see some ADV voice actor talent on there, but since all these people tend to be either from the same company (whoever does Digimon and all that...) or nobodies, I presume there's a matter of contracts involved. Still, it would have made me mark...although quite why I mark for most of the ADV voice acting talent I don't know.

Unlimited Saga is one of the most brilliant pices of gaming out there....

you just sissyed out becaus it was to hard for you, like all the saga games unlimeted saga is incredebly chalenging, i wish there were more gameslike this were you cannot just statesmax and blow away annyone, you need to think... and the story get´s ebtter with every houre~!