Oscar Thread

Your Mom

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised Aviator didn't one either Best Picture or Best Director, props to Clint and the ensamble cast though, Million Dollar Baby was amazing. I'm glad ESOSM won for Best Original Screenplay, actually ecstatic! Jamie Foxx winning for Best Actor was something I saw coming. Same with Hilary Swank for Best Actress(Thats 2 for her!!) and Cate Blanchett for Best Supporting Actress. Last but not least, the Incredibles walked away with 2 academy awards! YES!!

Now I wasn't happy with all the decisions...first of all Aviator shouldn't have one for Best Costume Design(even though it was good), any other nominee should have taken it. Finally, I really was upset with Finding Neverland winning for Best Score....Harry Potter or Passion should have won it. Damn it...Harry potter better be winning for its score one day!! :(

Overall thought, it was enjoyable...and the host was pretty good, I hope we see Chris Rock hosting again one day.

Guest UmpireAJS

Does the Academy has something against Martin and his films? This is the 6th time he is nominated as the best director and he hasn't won any of them.His films do similarly.

I can live with most of the choices, although I think Eastwood or Cheadle could've won the best actor. Hilary Swank is cool but I've prefered Winslet over her as the best actress.

And Eternal Sunshine=Best Original Screenplay. That Rocks!

BACK FROM THE DEAD: OSCAR OVERNIGHT RATINGS HIGHEST SINCE 2000!

Mon Feb 28 2005 08:41:42 ET

OSCAR OVERNIGHTS:

2005 30.1 RATING/43 SHARE

2004 29.6 RATING/43 SHARE

2003 25.2 RATING/37 SHARE ** SET RECORD LOW

2002 29.1 RATING/47 SHARE ** SET RECORD LOW

[2005: MAX 63 SHARE NYC, 54 SHARE L.A., 61 CHICAGO, 51 PHILLY, 54 BOSTON, 61 SAN FRAN, 51 DALLAS, OTHERS... NATIONAL #S DUE LATER MONDAY, COULD OFF-SET URBAN GAINS]

ABC'S BARBARA WALTERS OSCAR SPECIAL SCORED LOWEST OVERNIGHT RATING IN IT'S HISTORY: 10.3 RATING/16 SHARE, DOWN FROM 10.7/17...

DEVELOPING...

FILED BY MATT DRUDGE...

Guest Ringmaster

Very token stuff from the Oscars. As usual, the better movies didn't win (nay, the better movies weren't nominated) and talented actors won, even though they weren't the best in their categories. All in all, somewhat boring, although Rock was great for the show.

Jamie Foxx won best actor? Since when is doing an impression on par with real acting?

There is a difference between doing an impression and acting whilst doing an impression. Jamie Foxx looked like and sounded like Ray Charles, but that wasn't the epitome of his performance.

Guest Bluesman

No doubt Drudge has himselt to thank for such high ratings, given his obsession with Rock as the host.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Super Size Me didn't win best documentary, what did?

Guest Wrestling_Man

I want to say that the Oscars were good, Chris Rock did a very good job. But I had only one problem and I wonder if anybody actually saw this. During Jamie Foxx's speech, you see Oprah (that stupid fat bitch) raise her arm up after Foxx says something about the black movement. PUT YOUR GOD DAMN ARM DOWN OPRAH!! I'm not trying to make this a racial issue, but I feel upset that she did that, she didn't have to do that, as a matter of fact she had no right to do it, and if a white person did that when a white person said something about how the white movement is going, then everybody would be pissed off. Oprah should be ashamed of herself for doing that and pissing off one fan who likes to watch awards, FUCK YOU OPRAH, YOUR NOT THE GREATEST BLACK PERSON OF ALL TIME!! But Jamie, way to go, great speech, fuck you Oprah.