WWE- New Year's Resolution

Guest Jackson

Guest Jackson

The following has been taken from the headlines page over on WWE.com:

Smackdown Feedback

The Viewing Figures

Vince reckons that the drop in viewers last night was due to a double bill of the series finale of Will & Grace, as well as the start of the new series of David Lettermen. Saying that, the viewing figures were past the one million mark as Will & Grace had its first set of advertisements.

Kurt Angle Having Neck Troubles (Again)

Kurt Angle was not on Smackdown last night because he is still getting nagging neck pains, and has been feeling terrible all week. We hope that Kurt can heal in time for the Rumble.

The WWE Experience Is A Success Say The Fans

WWE fans on WWE.com have been praising The WWE Experience for its variety of WWE action. The new "B" show which features live matches as well as pre-taped matches from house shows and matches from Raw, Smackdown and WWE Pay Per Views has been a success. Vince McMahon has also been very happy with the show as it blends Smackdown and Raw talent under one roof.

Chris Benoit Announces Post-WrestleMania Plans

Chris Benoit announced today that following WrestleMania he will begin writing his autobiography, and will then "do a Foley" and start work on his first novel.

Stone Cold Confirmed For The Rumble

We are pleased to announce that three time Royal Rumble Winner, Stone Cold Steve Austin will be at the Royal Rumble on January 30th in some capacity. He is still a part of the Raw brand, despite what some rumour sites may lead you to believe.

Rey Mysterio Signs New Contract

Today we signed a three year contract with Rey Mysterio. However, due to Rey's injuries, we have added a 30 Day Termination Clause, as we feel that this may be Rey's last run as a member of the active roster.

Rob Van Dam Push Coming Up

It is likely that due to heavy influence from WWE Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield that following the Royal Rumble, RVD will get some sort of push. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jackson

The following was taken from WWE.com:

Raw Preview

January 24th 2005

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

Flair For Gold?

Tonight's Main Event will see the Intercontinental Championship defended as champion, Shelton Benjamin takes on the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Ric Flair has never been Intercontinental Champion, but tonight could be his chance. Can Ric Flair do the impossible and win his first singles title in over five years? Or will Benjamin beat the Nature Boy once again? Watch Raw to find out.

Another match already made for tonight's show will see Christian's new assistant, Paul Burchill take on The People's Champion, The Rock in singles action. This is The Rock's first match since WrestleMania last year, and after Burchill's impressive debut last week a win over The Rock could be on the pages.

Also tonight two Raw superstars will be fighting over the number one spot in the Royal Rumble match as last years winner and number one entrant, Chris Benoit takes on Chris Jericho in what some are already calling the match of the year. However Raw General Manager, Eric Bischoff has added a special stipulation- the match will be a 45 minute Ultimate Submission Match. Can Chris Benoit win and then enter at number one again and become a two time winner of the Royal Rumble, or will Chris Jericho take that wanted spot? Find out by watching Raw tonight.

And last but not least we shall see the return of Rosey as he takes on Royal Rumble entrant and Raw monster, Muhammed Hassan.

What will fellow Raw representatives in the Royal Rumble do tonight, will we find out who enters when, and what will Goldberg have to say after making an awesome return to Raw last week by winning the coveted number thirty spot in Sunday's competition.

The Road To WrestleMania is upon us, and the Royal Rumble is just days away. Don't miss all this action, and probably a lot, lot more only on FOX.

Confirmed Matches:

Paul Burchill vs. The Rock

#1 Spot In The Rumble: Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

Muhammad Hassan vs. Rosey

Intercontinental Championship: Ric Flair vs. Shelton Benjamin ©

Guest Jackson

Raw Results

January 24th 2005

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS

WELCOME TO MONDAY NIGHT RAW

The usual pyro’s go off and then we cut to the announce desk where we join our hosts for the evening, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler.

JIM ROSS: Welcome to Monday Night Raw everybody!

JERRY LAWLER: And what a show we have in store for you tonight ladies and gents. The Rock will be here, in the arena tonight!

JIM ROSS: And we are just days away from the Royal Rumble, and we need to find out who will get that title shot at WrestleMania 21 in Hollywood!

JERRY LAWLER: But JR, be quiet, The Game is in the ring. And it looks like he has something important to say!

TWO TIME ROYAL RUMBLE WINNER…

Triple H is in the ring with a microphone and he begins to speak as the crowd begin to boo.

TRIPLE H: You people may have realised that I have headlined WrestleMania for three years in a row- and on two occasions I left with the World Heavyweight Championship. MY World Heavyweight Championship. And I don’t like the fact that for the first time in a long while I have to “earn” my title shot at WrestleMania. It shouldn’t be that way, and you all know it!

The crowd boo.

TRIPLE H: And even though this year I am going to be taking a slightly different approach to the WrestleMania Main Event, I will still walk out of Hollywood as the World Heavyweight Championship. Because I am The Game Goddammit and I am really that DAMN good!!!

Triple H drops the microphone and then he leaves the ring as we cut to the announce table.

Overall Rating: 91.4%

JIM ROSS: Well Triple H not happy that he has to “earn” his spot at WrestleMania. But now he gets to see things from the challengers perspective, as unless something spectacular happens in the next few weeks then he will not enter WrestleMania as the champion.

JERRY LAWLER: Well you know which Raw superstar I am backing at the Rumble- The Game, JR.

JIM ROSS: Well, there are many great Raw superstars in the match, including former winners such as Triple H and Chris Benoit. It certainly shouldn’t disappoint.

JERRY LAWLER: Well now it’s time for some action!

JIM ROSS: Rosey returns ladies and gentlemen to take on Muhammad Hassan!

Muhammad Hassan vs. Rosey

This was Rosey’s first match since his battle at New Year’s Revolution against former Raw superstar, Simon Dean. Hassan just beat Rosey to a pulp. Rosey managed to nail that Samoan Drop, but Hassan held onto the ropes to avoid the pin. Hassan’s manager, Khosrow Daivari slid a steel chair into the ring, but with the referee distracted Rosey got to it first and nailed Hassan with a vicious shot. The referee turned round and disqualified Rosey for using the chair. Rosey didn’t look too pleased as he started to argue with the referee.

Hassan grabbed the chair and hit his manager, Khosrow Daivari with the chair. He obviously wasn’t happy with him for costing him his match. Hassan then went to nail Rosey with a chair shot, but The Hurricane slid into the ring and sent the steel chair right back into the face of his opponent for the Royal Rumble. The Hurricane and Rosey then clotheslined Hassan over the top rope and taunted in the ring as the crowd cheered.

Winner: Muhammad Hassan (DQ)

Match Reaction: 63.8%

Match Quality: 72.6%

Overall Rating: 69.5%

ADVERTISEMENTS

HE AIN’T MAKIN’ IT ANY FURTHER

In the back we see Christian standing with his two henchmen, the injured Tyson Tomko and Paul Burchill.

CHRISTIAN: So, The Rock wants to mess with “The Man”? Well I have to tell you Rocko that I have evolved in the time that you’ve been in Hollywood. I am a changed man and it feels great. And tonight I can’t wait to see all my peeps watch Paul Burchill win his second match in the WWE against the one, the only, People’s Chump!

Christian, Tomko and Burchill laugh.

CHRISTIAN: It’s funny how he thinks that after ten months away from the wrestling scene he just wants to make a comeback and face “The Man’s” team? I don’t think so! Everyone knows that he hasn’t won a single match in like two years. So what chance does he think he has against a man like Burchill? This guy practically killed half of the wrestlers in the United Kingdom, and now he’s here to do it in the United States.

PAUL BURCHILL: The Rock may be America’s biggest star, but I am one of the UK’s biggest stars. And I can’t wait to kick your ***.

CHRISTIAN: And once Tyson Tomko’s back in action we shall be at full force and we can’t wait to kick your candy *** every single week leading to WrestleMania to ensure that the fans aren’t embarrassed by you. because move over Rock, there’s a new People’s Champion. And that’s me! Your old news, so yesterday. The fans don’t chant “Rocky” anymore, they chant “Christian”. The greatest of the greats. So, let’s go Burchill. We need to talk to the people- sorry, peeps.

All three of them leave the locker room as the crowd boo.

Overall Rating: 75.9%

Paul Burchill vs. The Rock

The Rock obviously has been in the gym as he was looking great like he usually does. A lot of back and forth brawling here, and obviously a HUGE “Rocky” chant throughout the match. Christian and Tomko joined the commentary team and really “bigged” up Burchill. The ring action was limited and although Burchill did send The Rock over the top rope with a spinebuster, he was able to get back up and lay the Smackdown on Burchill back in the ring. Christian ran down and tried to get some punches on The Rock, but The Great One blocked them and then knocked Christian off the apron. He turned round and Burchill set him up for the Cyclone, but The Rock countered it right into a DDT. The Rock flipped back up to his feet and nailed The Rock Bottom. He went to follow it up with The People’s Elbow, but Christian pulled the top rope down and sent The Rock to the outside. The referee was distracted by Christian and The Rock that he didn’t see Mick Foley enter the ring and nail that Double Arm DDT on Burchill. The Rock got back into the ring; finally nailed The People’s Elbow and got the win as the crowd were going electric.

Afterwards Christian, Tomko and Burchill all tried to beat down on The Rock and Foley, but Foley stuck the sock down every single one of their throats as the crowd cheered. The Rock then nailed a spinebuster on Christian and set him up for The People’s Elbow, but Burchill and Tomko pulled him out the ring and scurried up the ramp as the crowd cheered for The Rock N Sock Connection in the ring.

Winner: The Rock.

Match Reaction: 77.0%

Match Quality: 79.6%

Overall Rating: 81.9%

YOU’RE NOT IN THE RUMBLE, COS STONE COLD SAYS SO!

We cut to the back where we see Mark Henry walking when out of nowhere he is attacked by Stone Cold Steve Austin. Stone Cold’s music hits the arena and then he makes his way down to the ring as the crowd cheer. He takes Henry with him and rolls him into the ring and gives him a HUGE Stone Cold Stunner right in the middle of the ring as the crowd went wild. Stone Cold grabbed a microphone as the crowd cheered.

STONE COLD: Mark Henry, you son of a bitch, you are no longer gonna enter the Royal Rumble Match. And that’s the bottom line, cos STONE COLD SAID SO! Now give me a damn beer.

The usual four beer cans are thrown into the ring and Stone Cold taunts at all four turnbuckles as the crowd go wild.

Overall Rating: 81.3%

ADVERTISEMENTS

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Ric Flair vs. Shelton Benjamin ©

The match didn’t get officially started as Ric Flair and Shelton Benjamin brawled around the ring for a little while before getting in the ring. Some early interference from Maven gave Ric Flair the advantage. Flair started to work on that leg early in the match, but Shelton still managed to nail the Dragon Whip, but Ric Flair rolled to the outside and had a fit. Shelton flew over the top rope with a cross body and then sent Flair back into the ring where he tried for that T-Bone, but Flair held onto the ropes and then nailed a suplex of his own which got a two count. Flair sent Shelton’s leg into the turnbuckle post and Shelton was now limping his way around the ring as Flair repeatedly took him off his feet. He locked in the Figure Four Leglock, but Shelton still refused to submit and eventually got to the ropes. Flair held on for his dear life until the four count and then pulled Shelton back into the middle of the ring and tried to lock the deadly submission hold on again. But Shelton countered into an enziguri from the floor which was impressive. Shelton then nailed the T-Bone suplex out of desperation and pinned Flair, but he kicked out. Flair then shoved Shelton Benjamin into the referee which knocked him out and then low blowed Shelton cheaply as the crowd booed for the dirtiest player in The Game. Triple H ran down with the sledgehammer and went to nail Shelton with it, but Batista slid into the ring behind The Game and set him up for a Batista Bomb, but Flair nailed Batista with a deadly shot with the sledgehammer and then Triple H set Batista up for the pedigree. But Batista sent HHH over the ropes to the floor below. Shelton then went to hit Flair with the sledgehammer, but he accidentally hit Batista as Flair ducked at the last minute. Flair grabbed the tights and rolled Shelton up as the referee eventually came to his senses and counted the three as the crowd booed as we have a new Intercontinental Champion.

Ric Flair rolled out of the ring and celebrated his win with his fellow Evolution mate, Triple H as the crowd booed. Edge ran down to the ring and hit Batista with a steel chair after the match for no reason and looked happy.

Winner: Ric Flair. (NEW Intercontinental Champion)

Match Reaction: 86.2%

Match Quality: 74.2%

Overall Rating: 97.7%

BISCHOFF MAKES SOME MATCHES FOR THE RUMBLE

We cut to the back where we see Raw General Manager, Eric Bischoff sitting in his office.

ERIC BISCHOFF: Well, after seeing that match it gave me an idea for a match that isnt on the card. Because when I said that I wanted Edge to have an easy few weeks as champion, I didn’t expect him to start hitting lethal animals such as Batista with steel chairs. So since Edge thinks he can do something like that behind Batista’s back, let’s just see what he can do when he has to do it face to face and with the World Heavyweight Championship on the line. Because that’s what’s going to happen at the Royal Rumble. As Edge defends his World Heavyweight Championship against the former Evolution animal, Batista. Naturally of course this means that Batista can no longer enter the Royal Rumblr Match. His replacement in that match will be- Maven!

The crowd boo loudly.

ERIC BISCHOFF: However two people that will be representing Raw in the Royal Rumble Match shall face each other as I don’t like draws, or cheap wins by disqualification like what happened last week on the debut of The WWE Experience. So we shall see a rematch as Muhammad Hassan goes head to head with The Hurricane this Sunday at the Royal Rumble. And to make things even more high risk the match can be won via top rope elimination too. This should be fun. Thank you for your patience ladies and gentlemen, and I hope that you enjoy the rest of the show.

The camera fades to black as the segment ends.

Overall Rating: 80.0%

I HAVE NEVER BEEN NUMBER ONE!

We cut to the back again where we see Chris Jericho looking psyched for his match against Chris Benoit, next.

THE COACH: So, Chris Jericho tonight you face Chris Benoit in a 45 minute Ultimate Submission match. However the added stipulation is that the winner will get the number one spot. How do yo feel?

CHRIS JERICHO: Well some people may think that I am crazy, but I want nothing more than to enter the Royal Rumble and win it from number one just like my idol, Shawn Michaels. But each year it has been taken away from me. But tonight I am going against a man that we have been even all the way through everything. He has beaten me many times before, and I admit that. But I have beaten him the same amount of times. Chris Benoit is an amazing athlete, but quite frankly I don’t think that he can do it two years in a row. As a matter of fact- I won’t let him do it two years in a row.

THE COACH: What do you mean by that?

CHRIS JERICHO: Well we may be friends, but we have an understanding tonight that we are going into the match as competitors, and I know what Chris Benoit is like with regards to submissions- but thanks to my intensive training for this match I should be ready to. So, Chris- get ready to tap, tap, and tap again. Because The King of The Worlds is going into the Royal Rumble at number one- and there is nothing that you or your missing tooth can do about it!

Chris Jericho walks way as The Coach looks satisfied.

Overall Rating: 92.3%

ADVERTISEMENTS

45 MINUTE ULTIMATE SUBMISSION MATCH

Chris Benoit vs. Chris Jericho

An amazing match, probably the best Raw Main Event in about two years or so here. These guys just wrestled and it was fantastic. Chris Benoit managed to get an early armbar in on Jericho, but Jericho reversed it into an armbar of his own. It was like this for the entire match as both men found counters out of different holds. The match got a bit more intense as Benoit scouted Jericho and sent him into the corner when he tried for The Walls of Jericho. Benoit chopped Jericho a few times and then nailed a nice German Suplex on Jericho. He tried for a second one, but Jericho countered and sent Benoit down with a bulldog. He trapped the head however and tried to make Benoit submit to a headlock, but Benoit got to the ropes. The first submission came when Jericho tried to lock Benoit in the Walls of Jericho, but Benoit got on Jericho’s shoulder and rolled right through into the Sharpshooter, and after a little back and forth action Jericho submitted.

After a ten second rest period the two were back at it as the crowd went wild. This segment wasn’t as long as the others as Benoit had the advantage and locked Jericho in another Sharpshooter almost immediately, but Jericho got to the ropes this time, and then dropkicked Benoit to the outside. He then climbed out and whipped Benoit into the steel steps and then sent him back into the ring where he tried once again to lock in The Walls of Jericho, but Benoit reversed into the Crossface and Jericho tapped, giving Chris Benoit another point.

After the rest period Jericho was looking great as he began to work on that lower back as he nailed a backbreaker on Benoit and kept the hold into an abdominal stretch as the crowd cheered. Jericho grabbed the ropes to tighten the hold, but the referee saw and Jericho got the most out of his submission hold. Jericho then nailed the LionSault to the back and then finally locked in The Walls of Jericho, but Benoit got to the ropes and then came back with the Crossface. Jericho got to his knee and then broke the hold and tricked Benoit as he went for the Walls of Jericho, but then tossed him into the turnbuckle face first which busted the Wolverine wide open. He then rolled him through into The Walls of Jericho, and after a short while in the hold, Chris Benoit submitted.

The next section was great as both men tried to lock in their signature holds, but were not able too. However after struggling for a long while Jericho eventually locked Benoit in a Boston Crab and got his second point as the crowd cheered for both men.

Both men were shocked as they took a look at the clock and realised that they only had five minutes left of what had been a great match this far. But it was Chris Benoit who managed to seal the deal as Chris Jericho finally tapped out to the Crippler Crossface with just fifteen seconds remaining on the clock. Jericho locked Benoit in the Walls of Jericho but Benoit submitted after the time ran out, and for the second year running will enter the Royal Rumble match as the first entrant.

Afterwards both men shook hands and raised each others hands to a great match as Raw ended.

Winner: Chris Benoit (3-2)

Match Reaction: 79.8%

Match Quality: 86.8%

Overall Rating: 91.1%

Quick Match Results:

Muhammad Hassan def. Rosey (DQ)

The Rock def. Paul Burchill

Ric Flair def. Shelton Benjamin for the Intercontinental Championship

Chris Benoit def. Chris Jericho

Biggest Pops:

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin

2. The Rock

3. Mick Foley

4. Chris Benoit

5. Chris Jericho

Most Heat:

1. Triple H

2. Ric Flair

3. Edge

4. Batista

5. Christian

Overall Show Rating: 80.3%

Viewers: 1,513,516 (no change)

Guest Jackson

The WWE Experience Results

January 26th 2005

DELAWARE

THE NEW WORLDS GREATEST TAG TEAM

After the usual pyro’s and welcoming from our hosts, Steve Romero, Christopher Nowinski and Josh Matthews we cut to the back where we see The Worlds Greatest Tag Team standing with their manager, Miss Jackie. They talked about Charlie Haas having his first singles match as a Raw superstar against Gene Snitsky.

Overall Rating: 83.0%

Charlie Haas def. Gene Snitsky

Maven tried to hit Haas with a chair, but Shelton stopped. Haas then nailed the German suplex to pick up the victory. Benjamin saved his partner from an assault after the match.

Match Reaction: 73.0%

Match Quality: 75.9%

Overall Rating: 78.2%

We cut to the back where we see Hardcore Holly standing by with his tag team partner, Paul London. They hyped a match that they had against Akio and Billy Kidman, next.

Overall Rating: 83.3%

ADVERTISEMENTS

Hardcore Holly & Paul London def. Akio & Billy Kidman

A decent match here, Holly pinned Kidman after the Alabama Slam.

Match Reaction: 68.6%

Match Quality: 81.1%

Overall Rating: 75.1%

We cut backstage where we saw Women’s Champion, Molly Holly and Torrie Wilson having an argument. A referee enters and tells them to fight it out in the ring, next. They reluctantly agree- leading us straight into our next match.

Overall Rating: 70.0%

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH

Molly Holly © def. Torrie Wilson

A decent contest here, only for the spots and was just to entertain the live crowd. Torrie “came out” which was fun. Viscera interfered and gave the Raw diva the win. Lita saved Torrie after from a Second Rope Splash from Viscera.

Match Reaction: 75.8%

Match Quality: 71.2%

Overall Rating: 70.4%

PRE-TAPED: A HARDCORE BRAWL

We then cut backstage where we see Hardcore Holly being attacked by his opponent for the Royal Rumble this Sunday, Heidenreich. Heidenreich has a ladder and knocks Holly out cold with it as the crowd booed.

Overall Rating: 68.4%

ADVERTISEMENTS

Bill DeMott, Muhammad Hassan & Viscera def. Rhyno, Rosey & The Hurricane

Viscera didn’t get in the ring much, but managed to pin Rhyno after that deadly Second Rope Splash of his.

Match Reaction: 66.4%

Match Quality: 70.7%

Overall Rating: 74.8%

A video was then shown to hype the return of Bill Goldberg to the Raw roster.

Overall Rating: 91.3%

PRE-TAPED

Goldberg def. Mark Henry

This match was taped in 2003 before Goldberg made his official debut. It was an empty arena match. Goldberg finished Henry off with the Spear. Afterwards Goldberg came out for the live crowd and taunted as if the match were live.

Match Reaction: 82.8%

Match Quality: 75.6%

Overall Rating: 82.3%

Quick Match Results:

Charlie Haas def. Gene Snitsky

Hardcore Holly & Paul London def. Akio & Billy Kidman

Molly Holly def. Torrie Wilson in a No DQ Match

Bill DeMott, Muhammad Hassan & Viscera def. Rhyno, Rosey & The Hurricane

PRE-TAPED: Goldberg def. Mark Henry

Guest Jackson

The following has been taken from WWE.com:

Smackdown Preview

January 27th 2005

MARYLAND

Tonight we shall see the return to Smackdown of former Smackdown General Manager, Olympic Gold Medallist and four time WWE Champion, Kurt Angle. Will he answer the question on everybody's lips and state whether or not he shall represent the Smackdown brand in the Royal Rumble Match this coming Sunday? Kurt has been out of action since Armageddon and may be the Smackdown saviour in the Royal Rumble Match this Sunday.

Speaking of the Royal Rumble we are just days away from perhaps JBL's last night as WWE Champion. And he doesn't even know who his challenger is! Straight after the show the fans can vote for JBL's opponent by visiting RoyalRumble.com. But will we see any action from the challengers tonight, either against the champion, or perhaps against one another? This became evident last week when Big Show and Eddie Guerrero argued with one another, only to be saved by The Undertaker. Will the action heat up as the competitors realise that they are fighting for the fans' votes from as soon as the show ends. The Undertaker will go one on one with JBL's Chief of Staff, Orlandon Jordan tonight in order to send a message to the champion. But could OJ score the upset thanks to those lethal reformed Basham Brothers? Watch the show tonight to find out.

And will the situation between Hardcore Holly and Heidenreich heat up as we head into the Royal Rumble this Sunday, as one man will realise their WrestleMania Main Event hopes are shattered while the other man still has a chance. They haven't been able to lay a hand on one another in the past few weeks, but will they let it slip tonight? Tonight Hardcore Holly will team with his new partner, Paul London to take on Billy Kidman and Heidenreich. Will they let it slip just days before the Rumble? Watch smackdown to find out.

As far as matches are concerned you will be treated to Rene Dupree takes on Smackdown newbie, Val Venis. There is obviously a bit of Bad Blood between the two since Venis was cheated out of that later Royal Rumble number by Dupree in last weeks qualifier. Let's hope that they can settle the score tonight and not jeapordise there places in the Rumble Match before the Rumble even begins.

And in other action, D-Von Dudley will team with the Ultimate Warrior to take on John Cena and the legendary, Hulk Hogan in Hogan's first match in almost two years. Which legend will be able to win here?

A lot of action tonight, on what looks set to be a great show. Watch it tonight exclusively on UPN to find out what the Smackdown side of things has to offer just days before the first big Pay Per View of the year, the Royal Rumble.

Confirmed Matches:

Hulk Hogan & John Cena vs. D-Von Dudley & Ultimate Warrior

Orlando Jordan vs. The Undertaker

Hardcore Holly & Paul London vs. Billy Kidman & Heidenreich

Rene Dupree vs. Val Venis

Guest Jackson

Smackdown Results

January 27th 2005

MARYLAND

WELCOME TO SMACKDOWN!

The usual pyro’s go off and then we cut to the announce desk where we join our hosts, Michael Cole and Tazz.

MICHAEL COLE: Welcome everybody to Smackdown! I’m Michael Cole-

TAZZ: And I’m Tazz!

MICHAEL COLE: And what a show we have for you tonight! Both Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior in the same ring for the first time in over five years!

TAZZ: And The Undertaker goes one on one with Orlando Jordan. Let’s just hope that the champ’s Chief of Staff is as tough as the champ!

OLYMPIC GOLD ROYAL RUMBLE…

Kurt Angle’s music hit the arena and then Kurt Angle makes his way down to the ring to the usual “You Suck” chants from the crowd. He climbs into the ring, grabs a microphone from the crowd and begins to speak.

KURT ANGLE: Well, I know it’s a bit of a shock for you people to have an Olympic Gold Medallist in the ring. But don’t worry- I won’t take up much of your time. I am here to answer one question that is on everybody’s lips- will I be representing Smackdown in the Royal Rumble match on Sunday. And the answer to that question is simple- hell no!

The crowd boo at this response.

KURT ANGLE: Yes, I will be in the Royal Rumble Match this Sunday coming. But I won’t just be representing the Smackdown side of things- but also America. You need a great American like myself to win the Rumble and Main Event WrestleMania for the third straight year. And this year isn’t going to be like the other two- as I am going to do what many people say that I can’t- and leave WrestleMania with the WWE Championship around my waist.

More boos.

KURT ANGLE: Ladies and gentlemen, I will win the Royal Rumble on Sunday- oh it’s true, it’s DAMN true!

Kurt Angle drops the microphone and then his music plays once again as he leaves the ring with the crowd still in awe from his announcement.

OR: 94.6%

WELLL IT’S THE BIG SHOW!

We cut backstage where we see our WWE Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield in his locker room receiving a manicure. The Basham Brothers and his Chief of Staff, Orlando Jordan are also in the room.

JBL: Do it properly you hobo- I don’t want to have to file them myself. (under his breath) Damn Mexicans.

Somebody knocks on the door.

JBL: Doug! Danny! Could you get that for me please? As you can see- the champ is busy!

One of The Basham’s goes to the door, they nod and turn round with a frightened look on their face.

DOUG BASHAM: Champ, it’s for you.

JBL: Well let them in then!

Silence.

DOUG BASHAM: Well, that might not be the best idea as they are very angry.

JBL: Well tell them that I am very busy! (to the manicurist) DO IT PROPERLY!

DOUG BASHAM: Champ, it’s the Big Show!

JBL: ****. What does he want- another beating?

Big Show enters the room with a steel chair in his hand, JBL jumps up. The Basham Brothers step forward to protect their champion. Big Show doesn’t even look intimidated by them.

BIG SHOW: Well, this time it will be a little more even!

Doug tries to punch Big Show but he hits him with the chair, and then hits his brother with the chair too. He then swings the chair at OJ and clips him too. Show goes to hit BL, but JBL pushes his manicurist into Big Show and then grabs a bottle of nail varnish and throws it in the Big Show’s face. JBL then clotheslines Big Show to the floor and then runs off as the crowd are shocked at JBL’s cowardice.

OR: 90.8%

ADVERTISEMENTS

AN ANGRY THEODORE LONG

When we return Smackdown General Manager, Theodore Long is in the ring with a microphone, not looking too happy.

THEODRE LONG: Welcome to Smackdown ladies and gentlemen. I have an announcement to make- a very important one, concerning your WWE Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield and the Big Show.

The crowd cheer.

THEODORE LONG: Well I didn’t really want to do this tonight, but I am gonna have too. JBL- you have forced me to make a match that I didn’t want to make. Because of your behaviour just a few moments ago I am forced to book Big Show against JBL in a non-title encounter for the Main Event. And perhaps it will help the fans decide on what superstar they want to see JBL face at the Royal Rumble.

The fans cheer.

THEODORE LONG: This is just a warm up match remember people, and I just want the two to loosen some steam before Sunday, as I don’t want either to jeopardise their title opportunities on Sunday. As I want a clean fight.

He pauses.

THEODORE LONG: Remember ladies and gents, you can vote by logging onto RoyalRumble.com straight after Smackdown finishes. Holla, holla, holla!

Theodore Long’s music hits the arena once more and then he starts to exit the ring as the crowd get ready for the first match of the evening.

OR: 87.5%

A VERY (FRENCH) UNWELCOMING…

We cut to the back where we see Rene Dupree standing by with Josh Matthews, and he doesn’t look happy.

JOSH MATTHEWS: Well, Rene-

RENE DUPREE: Don’t talk to me Josh. I am just devastated that Theodore Long is making me prove myself against this Raw reject, Val Venis. If he couldn’t make it over on the easier show, how does Theodore Long expect him to fare against someone like me? He isn’t even in Fifi’s league- that’s how classless he is.

JOSH MATTHEWS: But-

RENE DUPREE: No buts Josh! Val Venis needs teaching a lesson- a lesson from The French Phenom. I am sick of him advertising his next pornographic feature. That doesn’t impress me.

JOSH MATTHEWS: So, how do you impress Rene Dupree?

RENE DUPREE: Well, I’ll show you how Josh, when I defeat that Raw reject in the ring tonight. Let’s just see how he fares against The French Tickler. Now, if you excuse me Josh, I have better places to be than here. Au Revoir!

Rene Dupree walks off laughing as we cut back to the ring for our opening match.

OR: 86.1%

RENE DUPREE [VS] VAL VENIS

A real back and forth match here, and Dupree tried to show Venis how the Smackdown superstars have a good match by sending Venis into the steel steps early on in the match. Back in the ring Venis reversed the French Tickler into a German Suplex which got him a two count. Dupree couldn’t really get back into the match after this, despite Venis’s back still hurting from the earlier turnbuckle assault. Dupree tried again for the French Tickler, but Venis got onto the apron. Venis tried to suplex Dupree to the outside but Dupree countered and sent Venis right down onto his face as the crowd went nuts. Dupree rolled Venis back into the ring, and nailed the French Tickler. However Venis got hold of the ropes. Dupree nailed a nice German Suplex, and then went up to the top rope. He tried for a moonsault, but Venis got out of the way and all Dupree got was the mat. Venis then went up to the top rope and nailed the Money Show and got the victory.

Dupree was not happy with how Venis won the match. And he capitalised on Venis’s professionalism by low blowing cheaply as Venis extended the hand for the handshake. This issue certainly isn’t over yet.

Winner: Val Venis.

Match Reaction: 78.8%

Match Quality: 76.7%

Overall Rating: 82.0%

A video was then shown to hype the tag team consisting of Hardcore Holly and Paul London.

OR: 76.7%

BILLY KIDMAN [&] HEIDENREICH [VS] HARDCORE HOLLY [&] PAUL LONDON

Heidenreich took Holly’s partner out quickly by attacking him on the stage and whipping him into the stage. The match then became a Handicap one, and Holly wasn’t able to get a move in sideways as Heidenreich and Kidman kept tagging one another in, making sure that they were always the fresh man in the ring. Some nice moves by Heidenreich here, and he kept trying to get Holly into that deadly Cobra Clutch, but Holly managed to get to the ropes on every occasion, much to the crowd’s delight. Heidenreich and Kidman tried for the famous LOD move from the top rope, but Holly ducked, and countered with a hurricanrana. He then nailed the Alabama Slam on Heidenreich out of nowhere, but Kidman broke up the pin- with the Shooting Star Press, and the crowd couldn’t believe it. Holly tried to nail the Alabama Slam on Billy Kidman, but he rolled through and climbed onto the apron. Heidenreich took Holly back off his feet. Paul London then ran down the ramp and climbed onto the apron as Heidenreich and Kidman didn’t look too pleased. They teased the tag for a little while, but London got in the ring and cleared house. The brilliant finish saw Holly nail the Alabama Slam on Heidenreich and then London fly off the top with the London Calling on Kidman, and getting the victory.

Afterwards Heidenreich was not too happy- and he and Holly lost it completely and brawled in the ring until referee’s came and broke the action up. They couldn’t want for the Royal Rumble to arrive.

Winners: Hardcore Holly & Paul London.

Match Reaction: 73.9%

Match Quality: 75.4%

Overall Rating: 74.0%

ADVERTISEMENTS

WELL SCREW YOU GUYS, OJ IS GOING HOME!

When we return Orlando Jordan’s music hits the arena and then JBL’s Chief of staff makes his way down to the ring with the crowd booing him all the way. He climbs into the ring, grabs a microphone and then begins to speak as the crowd continue to boo.

ORLANDO JORDAN: Since the champ is backstage getting ready for his match later on tonight against the Big Show, I have decided that I no longer want to face The Undertaker, as he is not really a challenge for a man of my talents. So what I am basically saying is that I am going to go home- right now!

The crowd boo loudly.

ORLANDO JORDAN: So, Au Revoir, bonsoir or good-day people because I have officially been given the day off by your WWE Champion, and my Boss- John Bradshaw Layfield!

OJ’s music hits again as he climbs out of the ring and begins to walk up the ramp with a HUGE smile on his face. However the lights go out and then the famous dongs of The Undertaker’s music hit the arena and Orlando Jordan looks legitimately terrified as the tall, lean and mysterious figure of The Undertaker begins to make its way down the ramp, his eyes stared directly at Orlando Jordan. OJ closes his eyes and gets down onto his knees and begs for forgiveness. The Deadman stops right in front of him, takes off his hat…. And floors him with a massive punch. He throws him into the ring and a referee runs down the ramp and the match officially starts.

OR: 76.2%

ORLANDO JORDAN [VS] THE UNDERTAKER

A very short match tonight from these two with OJ not really able to get a move in edgeways. He was busted open within a minute by a Snake Eyes by The Deadman, and then received a chokeslam. The Basham Brothers distracted the referee as JBL ran into the ring and floored The Undertaker with the Clothesline From Hell. However The Undertaker got straight back up and sent JBL over the top rope with a thunderous Chokeslam. OJ got back to his feet and was the victim of a thunderous Last Ride, and that was suffice to get the win on this occasion.

Afterwards however, The Bashams and JBL got a steel chair and aimed to floor The Undertaker with it, however down came Big Show and Eddie Guerrero. They fought all four Cabinet members off and JBL dropped the steel chair. They then cleared the ring of the Cabinet and then Big Show grabbed the steel chair and floored Eddie with a HUGE shot. Big Show turned round, only to walk right into a Chokeslam from The Undertaker. He went to deliver the move to Eddie Guerrero, but Eddie low blowed The Deadman, and then nailed the Three Amigos. Eddie went up top and nailed the Frog Splash on The Undertaker and taunted in the middle of the ring- successful. These three obviously have issues.

Winner: The Undertaker

Match Reaction: 82.2%

Match Quality: 76.4%

Overall Rating: 73.3%

BROTHA’ to BROTHA’

We cut backstage where we see Hulk Hogan standing with our United States Champion, John Cena, getting ready for their tag team match against the Ultimate Warrior and D-Von Dudley.

JOHN CENA: Hogan, it is an honour to be representing you in tonight’s Main Event. I have been a fan of yours for too many years now. And bro’, I just want you to know that I got your back out there tonight. Especially against the Ultimate Warrior dude.

HULK HOGAN: Let me tell you something brotha’ I fear no man or obstacle. And although Warrior may have a WrestleMania victory over me in the past, he doesn’t have the amount of success that I have had. Despite losing to him- I have still headlined more WrestleMania’s than he has- and more than anybody in this industry.

JOHN CENA: Well I am going into my third WrestleMania bro’, and this year I hope to go into the Main Event. And do it the way that you did- by winning the Royal Rumble on Sunday dude.

HULK HOGAN: Well, let’s just hope you do that. Because it would be an honour to be in the Royal Rumble Match along with somebody like you!

Hulk Hogan leaves the room as John Cena just looks shocked.

OR: 91.0%

D-VON DUDLEY [&] ULTIMATE WARRIOR [VS] HULK HOGAN [&] JOHN CENA

Hogan and Warrior started things off in this match which was just an amazing sight to see even fifteen years down the line. A lot of back and forth brawling between these two, but Warrior got knocked down by a clothesline from Hogan, and immediately tagged out to D-Von. D-Von mocked Hogan’s taunts, but was knocked down himself by Hogan. The usual Hogan stuff followed as he went to the corner and nailed ten impressive punches followed by another clothesline. However Warrior distracted the referee and D-Von was able to get the advantage after a cheap low blow on Hogan. D-Von and Warrior made frequent tags, making sure that they were both fresh all the time. Warrior took the turnbuckle pad off and sent Hogan face first into the post busting him wide open. Warrior nailed that impressive Gorilla Press Slam, but Hogan kicked out and began to Hulk Up as the crowd went wild. The usual routine followed, with Hogan blocking the punches from Warrior, nailing three of his own and then the Big Boot. He taunted and then tried for that famous Leg Drop of his, but Warrior moved out of the way, and went up to the top rope and nailed that famous Splash of his. Warrior then started to shake the ropes like crazy before tagging in D-Von. D-Von nailed the Saving Grace on Hogan, and the fans thought that Hogan was finished, but Hogan still managed to kick out and began Hulking Up again. This time however he didn’t try for the Leg Drop, but instead tagged in Cena. Cena unleashed himself on both men, and soon nailed the FU on D-Von Dudley, but Warrior broke up the pinfall. Warrior got a steel chair as Cena went for the Five Knuckle Shuffle and was disqualified for using the chair on both men.

Afterwards Warrior and D-Von beat down on Hulk Hogan and John Cena much to the crowd’s displeasure.

Winners: Hulk Hogan & John Cena by DQ.

Match Reaction: 83.3%

Match Quality: 66.5%

Overall Rating: 78.9%

ANOTHER UNWELCOME…

We see Val Venis leaving the arena and putting his stuff in the car. He opens up the driver’s door and he has a look of disgust on his face.

VAL VENIS: What the hell are you doing here! More to the point what the hell are you doing in my car!

The camera pans round and we see that Rene Dupree is sitting in Val Venis’s car as the crowd boo.

RENE DUPREE: I am pimping your ride!

VAL VENIS: What the-

Rene Dupree turns the key and closes the door and drives off as Val Venis just looks pissed off. He tries to run after the car, but Rene Dupree speeds off through security and out the arena as Val Venis is cursing.

OR: 79.2%

ADVERTISEMENTS

A video was then shown to hype JBL’s lengthy reign as WWE Champion. Showing his three consecutive victories over Eddie Guerrero, as well as his victories over The Undertaker, Booker T, Rob Van Dam and even Rey Mysterio. Very soon he will more than likely become the longest reigning WWE Champion in over a decade.

OR: 90.3%

NON-TITLE MATCH

BIG SHOW [VS] JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD

JBL obviously didn’t want to be in this match as he kept trying to get himself counted out, but Big Show wouldn’t let him, which really pissed him off. Some decent brawling here and JBL tried to use everything in his power just to get some sort of victory. He tried to set the Big Show up with the WWE title belt, but received a lethal shot from Big Show. He managed to escape a Show Stopper in the ring and tried for the Clothesline From Hell, but Big Show moved out of the way and then hit the champion with a nice side slam. Seeing that the champion was in trouble The Basham Brothers ran down to ringside to “support” the champion. And this is when JBL began to get the advantage over the 470 pound giant. He tried to lift the Big Show into that Last Call position, but wasn’t able to hold the monster up. Big Show then went for the Final Cut, but Danny Basham pulled his leg and then climbed onto the apron to distract the referee as Doug Basham drove the Big Show’s head into the turnbuckle. JBL then sped at the Big Show and nailed the Clothesline From Hell and pinned Show as the referee was none the wiser. However Big Show used those lengthy legs of his, and managed to get a foot on the bottom rope as the crowd cheered. JBL couldn’t believe it as he went outside to get his WWE belt. He went to hit the Big Show, but Show ducked and JBL accidentally hit the referee as he called for the disqualification.

Afterwards Big Show took the WWE belt out of JBL’s hands and then nailed him with a HUGE shot to the face. The Basham Brothers ran into the ring and proved too much for the Big Show to handle. Rob Van Dam ran down to the ring and helped the Big Show clear the ring of The Bashams. He then went up top and nailed a massive Five Star Frog Splash on JBL. Smackdown ended with the Big Show and Rob Van Dam celebrating in the middle of the ring, standing over our WWE Champion, John Bradshaw Layfield who was a beaten man.

Winner: Big Show by DQ.

Match Reaction: 88.4%

Match Quality: 72.4%

Overall Rating: 84.1%

QUICK MATCH RESULTS:

Val Venis def. Rene Dupree (82.0%)

Hardcore Holly & Paul London def. Billy Kidman & Heidenreich (74.0%)

The Undertaker def. Orlando Jordan (73.3%)

Hulk Hogan &n John Cena def. D-Von Dudley & Ultimate Warrior (DQ) (78.9%)

NON-TITLE MATCH: Big Show def. John Bradshaw Layfield (DQ) (84.1%)

Biggest Pops:

1. Hulk Hogan

2. Eddie Guerrero

3. The Undertaker

4. Big Show

5. John Cena

Most Heat:

1. John Bradshaw Layfield

2. Kurt Angle

3. Ultimate Warrior

4. The Cabinet

5. Heidenreich

Overall Show Rating: 82.6%

Viewers: 1,012,059 (up by 70,278)

Guest Jackson

The following has been taken from RoyalRumble.com:

Royal Rumble Card

January 30th 2005

NORTH CAROLINA

ROYAL RUMBLE QUALIFYING MATCH

HARDCORE HOLLY [VS] HEIDENREICH

This feud started a few weeks ago following Heidenreich's assault on Hardcore Holly during a match. Since then they have kept things semi-calm, but just three days ago on Smackdown they had an epic brawl which had to be separated by officials/referee's. Hardcore Holly may well be the toughest son of a bitch in the WWE, but Heidenreich is just an animal who just wants to destroy his opponents. But with a spot in  the Royal Rumble Match later on tonight, as well as a chance to challenge for the WWE Championship in the Main Event at WrestleMania on the line, everything is to play for in this match of man vs. monster.

BILLY KIDMAN [VS] PAUL LONDON

Ever since Billy Kidman accidentally injured Chavo Guerrero with that Shooting Star Press of his, he has been a changed man. He and London used to team, and were once WWE Tag Team Champions, until Kidman's true colours were shown. Billy Kidman defeated Paul London in a MOTY candidate back at No Mercy last year, but now here comes the rematch. No titles on the line, just two Cruiserweights wanting to get even. Can Billy Kidman along with his new friend, the Cruiserweight Champion, Akio be able to go up 2-0, or will London be able to even the scores? Watch the Royal Rumble on Pay Per View to find out!

WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

LITA VS. MOLLY HOLLY ©

Lita became the number one contender for Molly Holly's Women's Championship this past week on Raw by defeating Trish Stratus and Miss Jackie for this opportunity. Lita has been a Women's Champion before, but Molly Holly has dominated the division as of late- and will she have her shortest reign to date? Order the PPV to find out!

MUHAMMAD HASSAN [W/] KHOSROW DAIVARI [VS] THE HURRICANE

Muhammad Hassan seems to have a problem with the entire Raw roster since his debut at the beginning of the month. However as of late he has been having problems with his manager and translator, Khosrow Daivari. However The Hurricane is not a man to stand down to a challenger- however big or impossible it may be. Can he score with the victory tonight?

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

BATISTA [VS] EDGE ©

Made just this past week on Raw, though these two have had problems in the past with one another. Can Batista finally do what Triple H and many others don't want him to do and win the World Heavyweight Championship as we start our Road To WrestleMania? Watch the Rumble to find out!

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

STREET FIGHT

JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD [VS] BIG SHOW OR EDDIE GUERRERO OR THE UNDERTAKER

Probably the most hyped match up on the card as nobody knows who the champion will face, and which two superstars will go into the Royal Rumble. The fans have to decide. Will they choose Eddie Guerrero who JBL has defeated on three occassions, or The Undertaker who JBL has defeated twice, or perhaps even the dark horse in the race- Big Show who JBL has never defeated. Fans can vote from now.

18th ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

15 FROM RAW, 15 FROM SMACKDOWN

BATISTA

CHRIS BENOIT (#1)

CHRIS JERICHO (#2)

CHRISTIAN

EUGENE

GOLDBERG (#30)

KANE

MICK FOLEY

MUHAMMAD HASSAN

RANDY ORTON

SHELTON BENJAMIN

STEVE AUSTIN

THE HURRICANE

TRIPLE H

WILLIAM REGAL

AKIO

2 OF THE FOLLOWING: BIG SHOW or EDDIE GUERRO or THE UNDERTAKER

BOOKER T

HARDCORE HOLLY or HEIDENREICH

HULK HOGAN

JOHN CENA

KURT ANGLE

PAUL LONDON

RENE DUPREE

REY MYSTERIO

ROB VAN DAM

ULTIMATE WARRIOR

VAL VENIS

Plus 1 MYSTERY ENTRANT!

This years Royal Rumble looks set to be a good one as we have a range of people who all enter the Royal Rumble with the same goal on their minds- to headline WrestleMania. We have former winners, Chris Benoit, Steve Austin, Triple H and Hulk Hogan. As well as people who have came so close in the past such as Kane and Mick Foley. We have Cruiserweights such as Akio and Paul London and mega dominators such as Goldberg. It is anyone's ball game at the moment, and we all look forward to the epic event which starts our Road to WrestleMania XXI!

Guest Jackson

The following has been taken from the headlines page over on WWE.com:

WWE NEWSROUND

January 28th 2005

SIGNINGS

The WWE have picked up a few people, mostly for the ECW PPV's which are rumoured to be pushed back until after WrestleMania because of so few stars available. Danny Doring and Roadkill have signed one year contracts with the company, with Doring earning $7,000 per month and Roadkill earning $1,500 for 10 appearances with the company. We are also more than pleased to welcome back to the WWE family, Terry Funk who signed a one year contract, earning $10,000 per month. And we are also pleased to welcome a very good friend of Paul London, Low-Ki into the WWE family. He will be earning $7,500 per month, and has signed a contract with the company for three years. We are pleased to welcome them all into our family.

RUMOURED APRIL RELEASES

Many people have asked Vince McMahon and myself about the April releases which happens each year when the WWE release about 3 superstars that they are not using in storylines. Rhyno, Steven Richards, Scotty 2 Hotty and The Hurricane are rumoured to be the next to enter the unemployment line.

TEST TO RETURN SOON?

The WWE have been in contact with Andrew Martin who we released back in November. We feel that the circumstances under his leaving were horrible- and Vince McMahon has made a public apology to Martin and would like to welcome him back to the company. Stacy Keibler, Test's fiancee was also persuasive in this contract offer.

THE HURRICANE ANNOYED

The Hurricane is getting very upset with his character's current direction, and so will take a 2 week vacation after the Royal Rumble while we re-evaluate his contract and try to think of something for him to do in the company.

SIMON DEAN NOT COMING BACK

Simon Dean will NOT be returning to the WWE anytime soon. On his official website he quoted "I was very upset with the way that they (the WWE) just let my contract expire in my debut month. I will never work for them again, especially after being kept in OVW with a bunch of nobody's for over two years." We are still in negotiations to sign Simon Dean to a new contract.

BRIAN HEBNER ACCIDENT

Former WWE official, Brian Hebner was involved in a car crash as his car collided with a New York taxi. Brian, son of Senior Referee, Earl Hebner and nephew to  former official, Dave Hebner escaped with a chipped tooth and a broken arm. Earl has asked us to cancel the current contract negotiations as Brian's ever growing bad behaviour is causing accidents all over the place.

Guest Jackson

Royal Rumble Results

January 30th 2005

NORTH CAROLINA

WELCOME!

The opening video plays as it shows the successful reign of JBL. From leaving the APA to wining the WWE title back in June. It shows his victories over Eddie Guerrero, The Undertaker and Booker T at consecutive Pay Per Views. Over on the Raw side of things it shows how Triple H lost the Elimination Chamber Match and how tonight for the first time in four years he is forced to enter the Royal Rumble Match to get a title shot at WrestleMania XXI in Hollywood. We then cut to the announce desk where we join our Raw hosts, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler as the usual pyro’s go off like crazy, with the fans going wild.

JIM ROSS: Welcome everybody to the eighteenth Royal Rumble!

JERRY LAWLER: Fifteen from Raw, fifteen from Smackdown tonight JR. all with the same idea on their minds to headline WrestleMania in Hollywood!

JIM ROSS: JR and the King here hosting the Raw side of things, now let’s go over to our Smackdown colleagues, Michael Cole and Tazz!

We cut across the arena where we see Michael Cole and Tazz at their usual commentary position next to the Spanish announce desk.

MICHAEL COLE: Wow! If you thought that Raw had some matches, well so does Smackdown ladies and gentlemen! We don’t even know what one of them is and we’re still excited!

TAZZ: JBL will have a challenge on his hands tonight. It’s Big Show, Eddie Guerrero or The Undertaker!

MICHAEL COLE: But coming up first, this match-

THE RATTLESNAKE WELCOMES US TO THE ROYAL RUMBLE!

However we hear Stone Cold Steve Austin’s music and the crowd go absoloutley wild as he walks down the ramp for the first time in almost a year. He climbs into the ring and taunts at all four turnbuckles and then he grabs a microphone from the side as the crowd cheer him even louder.

STONE COLD: Welcome everyone to the Royal ****ing Rumble!

The crowd go wild.

STONE COLD: Now, you people all know that I don’t give a goddamn about who you are, where you’re from or what you do. Because your still gonna get a good old Stone Cold *** whoop!

More cheers.

STONE COLD: Because I’m Stone- What?- Cold- What?- Steve- What?- Austin!

The crowd go wild once more.

STONE COLD: And I understand that a certain person has a problem with me- and that man is Bill Goldberg.

The crowd give Goldberg a mixed reaction as Stone Cold continues to speak.

STONE COLD: But let’s take a look at what happened last year at WrestleMania when Goldberg and Stone Cold Steve Austin last met.

[ We see a clip from last years WrestleMania when Goldberg received a Stunner just seconds after his opponent, Brock Lesnar did. ]

STONE COLD: And I can do the same thing right now you son of a bitch!

The crowd cheer.

STONE COLD: So, what I am saying Bill Oldberg is this- me and you at Wrestle- ****ing- Mania!

The crowd cheer once again.

STONE COLD: Now, do you accept my challenge Mr. Goldberg; or are you too goddamn afraid? If you’re not a chicken then you’ll come out here and shake my hand like a man, so come on out Goldberg because the toughest SOB in the WWE is calling you out!

No response as the crowd cheer.

STONE COLD: What’s the matter Goldberg- you afraid?

No response once more. Stone Cold walks towards the ropes, as Goldberg enters the ring from behind. Stone Cold turns round right into a spear from Goldberg as the crowd boo. Goldberg grabs a microphone and then begins to speak as the crowd boo.

GOLDBERG: No- I’m not afraid of anybody. I wasn’t afraid of Brock Lesnar, and I sure as hell ain’t scared of you!

The crowd boo.

GOLDBERG: And in answer to your earlier question about a match at WrestleMania. Stone Cold Steve Austin-

However Goldberg doesn’t get to finish his sentence because The Rock’s music hits the arena and the crowd go electric as the People’s Champion struts his way down the ramp. He stands at the end of the ramp just pointing at Goldberg. However Mankind runs through the crowd and into the ring and spins Goldberg around right into that Double Arm DDT as the crowd go electric. The Rock gets in the ring, takes his shirt off and goes for the People’s Elbow, but Triple H pulls the ropes down and sends him to the outside. Ric Flair is on the apron, and distracts Mankind while Triple H gets into the ring and knocks Mankind out with a vicious shot with the Sledgehammer. Stone Cold gets back to his feet and dodges the sledgehammer and nails the Stunner on Triple H as the crowd go wild. Flair jumps on Stone Cold’s back, trying to choke him, but Stone Cold sends him into the corner and then nails a Stunner on Ric Flair. The Rock climbs back into the ring and raises Stone Cold’s hand, but Stone Cold spins him right round into a Stunner sending The Rock halfway across the ring. Stone Cold grabs a microphone as the crowd go crazy for the Texas Rattlesnake.

STONE COLD: Now give me a damn beer!

Austin is handed his beer cooler and starts to drink them as he walks up the ramp after the devastation in the ring. We cut back to the Raw announce desk.

JIM ROSS: Can you believe that! Stone Cold opening up the Royal Rumble and challenging Goldberg to a match at WrestleMania, and then Goldberg saying yes.

JERRY LAWLER: But what about The Game, Mankind and even The Rock and Ric Flair. They all got beaten down by one man- Stone Cold Steve Austin!

JIM ROSS: What a Royal Rumble it has been so far King, and we haven’t even had our opening match!

OR: 97.0%

A video was then shown to hype the upcoming Raw Pay Per View, No Way Out. The video heavily featured Chris Jericho.

YOU’RE NO HEARTBREAK KID…

Backstage we see Shawn Michaels in the middle of an interview with The Coach, Kurt Angle rudely walks up and starts to laugh.

SHAWN MICHAELS: What’s so funny Kurt?

KURT ANGLE: You. The fact that you’re here tonight despite not even having a match or being a part of the Royal Rumble.

SHAWN MICHAELS: Oh, I see. But, Kurt why don’t you run along because you have another Royal Rumble to lose, junior.

Kurt Angle’s face stiffens as the crowd cheer and HBK walks off.

KURT ANGLE: We’ll see about that, we’ll see Shawn.

We then cut t the ring for our opening match.

OR: 94.7%

ROYAL RUMBLE QUALIFYING MATCH

HARDCORE HOLLY [VS] HEIDENREICH

Holly’s entrance has been upgraded now that he is out of jobberville, and he now has pyro’s, which are kinda cool. Heidenreich came down as usual and the two got in the ring and kept trying to outdo each other in every area. However Heidenreich got the advantage and some bland brawling followed. A nice Dropkick by Holly sent Heidenreich to the outside, and then Holly slid under with a baseball slide sending Heidenreich head first into the announce table. They brawled around the table a little bit, but then Heidenreich whipped Holly into the steel steps. Back in the ring they brawled for a little more. Heidenreich tried to Powerbomb Holly, but Holly reversed it right into the Alabama Slam and got the clean win after just five minutes in the ring.

Holly celebrated his win outside the ring as he now realised that he is entering the Royal Rumble Match.

Winner: Hardcore Holly.

Match Reaction: 73.0%

Match Quality: 71.8%

Overall Rating: 75.6%

AT THE RAW TABLE

We cut to the Raw announce desk again.

JIM ROSS: Well some good action from Smackdown their, Holly managing to get the win though.

JERRY LAWLER: But nowhere near as good as the Raw action that we have coming up for you though.

JIM ROSS: That’s true King. Muhammad Hassan debuted in a vicious way at the beginning of the month, and he has targeted The Hurricane ever since.

JERRY LAWLER: But what about the problems he’s been having with his translator, Mr. Daivari recently, what are they all about JR?

JIM ROSS: God knows King, but those problems may very well cost Muhammad Hassan this match and subsequently his first lost.

JERRY LAWLER: And that’s not something he wants to do at this stage in the game.

We then cut to the ring where the superstars are being introduced.

MUHAMMAD HASSAN [/W] KHOSROW DAIVAI [VS] THE HURRICANE

Another short match here tonight, but very back and forth. Hassan came out alone, and Khosrow followed him out as the two were obviously still feeling a little bitter from their argument a few days ago. The two stayed in the ring all the time, and there wasn’t much cheating from Hassan. He wasn’t in top form tonight either as it took him quite a while to get up after an early dropkick by The Hurricane. Hassan tried to finish The Hurricane off early with the STO, but The Hurricane countered it into a DDT which Hassan managed to get a foot on the bottom rope. Khosrow got on the apron and went to punch The Hurricane, but he ducked and Khosrow hit Hassan. The Hurricane then finished Hassan off with the Eye of The Hurricane as the crowd went wild.

Afterwards as The Hurricane escaped up the ramp Hassan and Khosrow began shouting at one another in their native language. Hassan got so angry that he nailed that impressive STO-like manoeuvre on his own translator before exiting the ring.

Winner: The Hurricane.

Match Reaction: 77.0%

Match Quality: 79.2%

Overall Rating: 81.5%

A video was then shown to hype Paul London.

OR: 70.8%

WHERE’S ORLANDO?

We cut to JBL’s limousine and he is looking a little confused.

JBL: Where is Orlando Jordan? He was meant to be here an hour ago so that we could plan a match strategy!

DOUG BASHAM: I don’t know! I’m sorry!

JBL: That’s rubbish- answer me properly!

DOUG BASHAM: Sorry champ, but we haven’t seen him, honestly.

JBL tuts and then resumes.

JBL: You people are useless. Well, you ring him and tell him that if he doesn’t show up in the limo by the end of the next match that he is FIRED! Now scram!

DOUG BASHAM: Yes sir.

Doug leaves, but his brother, Danny Basham is still sitting innocently in the limo. JBL looks over at him in disgust.

JBL: You too!

DANNY BASHAM: OK, sir!

JBL tuts and then we cut to the ring.

OR: 89.3%

BILLY KIDMAN [W/] AKIO [VS] PAUL LONDON

When we returned to the ring we were given this fantastic fifteen minute Cruiser-fest to enjoy. Billy Kidman was accompanied by his new ally, Cruiserweight Champion Akio, and he was heavily involved in this match. Some really good spots here, better than their No Mercy Match, mainly because the crowd actually give a damn about both men now. London countered a dropkick into a reverse DDT which got a nice pop from the crowd. Kidman went up top for a dropkick, but missed and went over the top rope. London then flew off with a cross body, but being the coward that he is Kidman pushed Akio in the way. Kidman sent London back into the ring and then nailed an impressive BK Bomb, but only got a two count. Kidman pushed the referee out of the way as Akio slid a steel chair into the ring. London matrix-dodged a chair shot, and then dropkicked the chair right into Kidman’s face as the crowd went wild. He then got rid of Akio with a nice dropsault and then nailed a nice Dragon Suplex on Akio- right onto Kidman! London went up top and nailed a 450 Splash onto both men and then pushed Akio out of the way and covered Kidman as the referee came to his senses, and got the pinfall as the crowd cheered wildly.

Afterwards Akio got in the ring and hit London with his Cruiserweight title. However London began to kind of “Hulk Up” and scared Akio and Kidman off as the crowd just looked at him in wonder. London also paid a mini-tribute to the Ultimate Warrior by shaking the ropes as he celebrated his victory in the ring. A very good match though.

Winner: Paul London.

Match Reaction: 73.8%

Match Quality: 81.4%

Overall Rating: 93.0%

ORLANDO IS STILL MISSING…

The Basham Brothers return to the limousine gasping for breath with Danny holding a note. JBL is smoking a massive Cuban cigar.

JBL: So?

DOUG BASHAM: Well we couldn’t find him, champ-

JBL looks pissed off.

JBL: I am not happy Doug!

DANNY BASHAM: But-

JBL: Now this better be a good butt Danny!

DANNY BASHAM: It is, sir. We found this in his locker room.

Danny passes the note to JBL who reads it aloud.

JBL: “If you want to know where Orlando has been, just wait until I win the votes later on tonight.”

DANNY BASHAM: It’s from your opponent tonight I think.

JBL: Thank you guys- you are dismissed.

DANNY BASHAM: But-

JBL: I said you’re dismissed. Now get out of here.

The Bashams walk off again leaving JBL in the limousine smoking his Cuban cigar.

OR: 79.4%

A NEW MOLLY HOLLY?

We then cut backstage where we see our Women’s Champion, Molly Holly standing by with Viscera.

MOLLY HOLLY: I don’t believe that I have to face that slut, Lita tonight Vis. It has really ruined my enjoyment of tonight’s show.

VISCERA: But Molly, baby. You know you’re gonna win right?

MOLLY HOLLY: Of course I do, but it’s just a bit of a hassle.

VISCERA: Well, don’t worry- I’ll make sure that the match goes your way- just trust me OK?

Molly thinks for a moment, and then she continues to speak.

MOLLY HOLLY: Yeah, thanks a lot Vis.

Viscera smiles before talking once again.

VISCERA: Now, let’s go and finish this bitch off!

MOLLY HOLLY: Yeah!

Molly and Viscera leave the room as the crowd boo before we cut back to the ring.

OR: 76.2%

WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

LITA [VS] MOLLY HOLLY [/W] VISCERA

Another short match tonight, with Lita having a lot of the control because Viscera just remained on the outside, cheering Molly on. But Molly just couldn’t get into this match and so needed Viscera’s help a lot more than she thought in this match. Usual women’s spots here with Molly almost slipping out at one point, and Lita nailing a nice DDT to follow up to almost win the title at the five minute mark of the match. Seconds later and Lita had nailed the Twist of Fate as the crowd went wild. Lita then went up top, looking for that moonsault, but Viscera moved his associate out of the way and Lita hit the mat. Molly got back up to her feet and rolled Lita up for the easy cover to retain her Women’s Championship as the crowd booed loudly, showing their appreciation.

Afterwards Molly Holly and Viscera left the ring happily with Molly Holly STILL the Women’s Champion.

Winner: Molly Holly.

Match Reaction: 75.3%

Match Quality: 78.4%

Overall Rating: 81.8%

KANE? HE’S NOT COOL!

We cut to the back where we see (an injured) Carlito Caribbean Cool standing in the corridor holding a clipboard. Kane walks past and CCC immediately begins to speak.

CARLITO CARIBBEAN COOL: Kane, man, you’re cool right?

CCC doesn’t wait for Kane to answer, and just speaks.

CARLITO CARIBBEAN COOL: Well if you’re cool then you’ll sign this- it’s a petition to remove Theodore Long as the General Manager of Smackdown. So, what do you say?

Kane doesn’t answer this time.

CARLITO CARIBBEAN COOL: Look, all you got to do is sign your name here- not much to ask, right?

Kane still remains silent. Carlito grabs an apple from his pocket and begins to chew it, and the crowd knows what’s coming next.

CARLITO CARIBBEAN COOL: I take it- you’re not cool! And I spit in the face of people who aren’t cool!

CCC goes to spit the apple into Kane’s face but Kane just gives him a look of terror as the crowd cheer.

CARLITO CARIBBEAN COOL: Oh, I see how it is. Walk on, Kane.

Kane walks off and Carlito shakes his head. He then uses his spare hand and signs a name on the line- Kane’s name! and he then walks on down the hallway to get more people’s names to add to the list.

OR: 84.5%

A LITTLE (UN)FRIENDLY COMPETITION...

We then cut to the Main Office where we see both General Managers, Eric Bischoff and Theodore Long in the middle of a heated discussion.

ERIC BISCHOFF: So, you’re telling me that your Smackdown superstars beat my Raw superstars? You have got to be kidding me!

THEODORE LONG: Well, let me tell you something playa! It isn’t always about the talent or the skill, it is about the will. A great man called Muhammad Ali (HUGE pop) once said that you need both skill and the will to succeed. However the will has to outweigh the skill. And that’s what my Smackdown superstars have over your Raw guys.

Eric Bischoff begins to laugh, but Theodore Long doesn’t seem to understand why.

ERIC BISCHOFF: Well, that’s the most amount of bull**** that I’ve ever heard in my entire career- including from Vince McMahon.

There is an awkward silence as Bischoff stops laughing.

THEODORE LONG: And wasn’t it Vince McMahon who said that he would beat you in the ratings war- and didn’t you laugh. And now you’re working for him- as his bitch!

Eric Bischoff looks angry as Long laughs.

ERIC BISCHOFF: Well, it doesn’t matter whether a Raw or Smackdown superstar wins the Royal Rumble this year, because if it’s a Smackdown one then they will just end up on Raw just like Chris Benoit did last week. Because remember the grass is always greener on the other side.

THEODORE LONG: Well, that may be so. But you see Mr. Bischoff on my side of the grass people’s contracts with Smackdown are all set in stone until after WrestleMania. But it’s you that needs to take a look at your contracts. Because this week on Smackdown I shall reveal a bombshell that will change your brand for life!

Eric Bischoff laughs again.

ERIC BISCHOFF: Wait a minute, I had this conversation before with Stephanie McMahon and I believe Hulk Hogan returned- and he has already returned under your abysmal run. So, I am really scared. And if you can hint a little sarcasm there then that’s because it is.

Eric Bischoff continues to laugh, however Theodore Long manages to keep a straight face throughout.

THEODORE LONG: Well Mr. Bischoff just remember that whoever laughs last laughs loudest. So holla if ya hear me, playa!

Theodore Long goes over to speak to Torrie Wilson as Eric Bischoff just continues to laugh.

ERIC BISCHOFF: Oh, I am laughing. By God, I am laughing!

The camera fades to black as we return to the ring for our Raw World title match.

OR: 100.0%

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

BATISTA [/W] RIC FLAIR [VS] EDGE [C]

A very long match between these two, and the fans didn’t really understand whether Batista was a heel or a face as he still came down to the ring with Ric Flair who is blatantly a heel and an Evolution member, despite Batista turning on Triple H, lol. Anyways some decent stuff here from these two as they took it nice and slow, and Batista showed off some of his mat work that he has learned from working with guys like Benoit and Triple H. Batista dominated Edge for the most part of this match because of his sheer power and strength behind every move. Edge managed to avoid that deadly Batista bomb early on by climbing onto the apron and then cheap shotting Batista. Edge then tried for that Spear, but Batista sent Edge to the outside, and Edge did not look happy at all. Edge got back in the ring and Batista delivered a Spear of his own to the champion, and Edge only just managed to get his foot on the bottom rope. Ric Flair was banned from ringside after he kept distracting referee Earl Hebner from his officiating and it was a lot more even after this. Batista managed to dominate Edge, and get some pretty close near falls on Edge. However Edge found a way back into the match after he low blowed Batista, cheaply behind the referees back. There was a lot of mimicking of other wrestlers by Edge as he was obviously still feeling a little bitter towards Shawn Michaels and so mocked his Sweet Chin Music. However he did something that HBK would never do- and he sent Earl Hebner down with the move. Both men knocked each other down with a double clothesline and with no referee in the ring there was nobody to count them down. Triple H ran down the ramp as the crowd booed. He got in the ring and as payback for New Year’s Revolution he delivered a thunderous pedigree on Batista as the crowd booed even louder for The Game. Triple H scurried up the ramp, and Edge crawled to the cover as the referee was none-the-wiser as to what had just happened in the ring, and Edge got the three count that he needed to retain his title as the crowd booed showing their appreciation towards both Edge and Triple H.

However as Edge was getting up, still shocked from Triple H’s interference, The Game showed his true colours and floored Edge with a sick shot to the head with a sledgehammer as the crowd gave a mixed reaction to the Cerebral Assassin.

Winner: Edge.

Match Reaction: 70.4%

Match Quality: 80.8%

Overall Rating: 79.1%

AND THE WINNER IS…

Theodore Long’s music hits the arena and then he makes his way down to the ring with a microphone in hand. He has an envelope in his hand and he begins to speak as the crowd cheer.

THEODORE LONG: Well the voting lines are closed- and if you didn’t vote then damn you, playa! The results of the fan poll to determine JBL’s opponent tonight are-:

On the titantron the results appear- and they are like so:

Big Show---------------------- 25% 

Eddie Guerrero----------------- 30%

The Undertaker----------------- 45%

Guest Jackson

18TH ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

15 FROM RAW, 15 FROM SMACKDOWN

AKIO, BATISTA, BIG SHOW, BOOKER T, CHRIS BENOIT, CHRIS JERICHO, CHRISTIAN, EDDIE GUERRERO, EUGENE, GOLDBERG, HARDCORE HOLLY, HULK HOGAN, JOHN CENA, KANE, KURT ANGLE, MANKIND, MUHAMMAD HASSAN, PAUL LONDON, RANDY ORTON, RENE DUPREE, REY MYSTERIO, ROB VAN DAM, SHELTON BENJAMIN, STEVE AUSTIN, THE HURRICANE, TRIPLE H, ULTIMATE WARRIOR, VAL VENIS, WILLIAM REGAL. Plus 1 MYSTERY SMACKDOWN ENTRANT!

We started off in the ring with our #1 and #2 entrants, Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho. They shook hands before they began brawling, and led us through a nice technical sequence which the crowd loved. Jericho tried to quickly eliminate Chris Benoit, but Benoit held on and pulled Jericho over, who landed on the apron. The countdown appeared on the screen as Jericho and Benoit locked up once again. Chris Benoit nailed a German Suplex on Jericho and then tried to lift him over the ropes.

BUZZ! Our number three entrant, Val Venis then entered the ring after some heavy taunting down the ramp. He got in the ring and began to help Benoit eliminate Jericho, but Jericho slid back into the ring, Benoit threw Venis over the ropes but he held on and then cockily taunted. Jericho and Benoit both did a dropkick at the same time and sent Venis over the top rope to the floor below. He did not look happy with this. Benoit sent Jericho into the corner as the countdown appeared on the screen once again, getting ready for our fourth entrant. Chris Benoit tried to lock Jericho in the Crossface, but he rolled through and then elbowed Benoit in the back.

BUZZ! Number four was Paul London and he came down with his face painted and he started shaking the ropes. This got him a German Suplex from Benoit, who then tried to throw London out, but London held on and came back with a nice hurricanrana after spring boarding off the ropes. He charged at Jericho and knocked him down with a Dropsault, and then tried to throw Benoit over, to no avail. Benoit got back into the ring and sent London down with a couple of chops to the chest. Jericho joined in and they started trading chops, before sending London onto the apron. Jericho tried for that springboard dropkick, but London moved out of the way and sent Jericho onto the apron. Benoit tried to eliminate Jericho, but Jericho climbed back in the ring, as did London as the countdown appeared on the screen again. London flew off the ropes with a double clothesline on Benoit and Jericho.

BUZZ! Number five was none other than the Big Show! He ran down to the ring and immediately started to clear house left, right and centre. He knocked everyone down with a clothesline and then nailed a thunderous Show Stopper on Chris Benoit as the crowd went wild. London nailed a Dropsault on Show which nearly sent him over, but Show sent London through the middle rope to the floor below. However it didn’t count as London didn’t go over the TOP rope as the rules state, and so London got straight back into the ring as the timer appeared on the screen once more. Benoit and Jericho were fighting over an arm lock as London received a hard scoop slam from the Big Show.

BUZZ! Number five came out and it was none other than Mankind! The fans went wild as Mankind ran down the ramp and charged at London in the turnbuckle with a hard knee, and then knocked Benoit and Jericho down with a clothesline. He ducked a clothesline attempt from the Big Show, and then nailed that impressive Double Arm DDT of his, and then got Mr. Socko out as the crowd went wild for the Hardcore Legend. Mankind put the dirty old sock down the throat of Big Show, and then moved onto London. London low blowed Mankind, and sent him over onto the apron. The timer appeared on the titantron once more. London charged at Mankind, but Mankind ducked and sent London right over the rope onto the floor below. He got back into the ring and was victim to a massive Show Stopper right the way to hell.

BUZZ! Entrant number six was none other than The Game, Triple H who was still pissed off with Mankind who he attacked earlier on in the evening. Triple H tried to get Mankind over the top, but the legend held on and came back with some nice forearms to the face of the Cerebral Assassin. Big Show clotheslined both Jericho and Benoit down to the floor and then lifted Benoit up high for a Show Stopper, but Benoit countered right into the Crossface as the crowd went wild. Jericho broke the hold and then nailed a facecrusher on Benoit and then signalled for the LionSault. However Big Show broke the move up and caught Jericho before planting him on the apron, he went to clothesline him off the apron, but Jericho ducked, and then springboarded over the ropes with a nice facecrusher on the Big Show, he then nailed the Lionsault on the Big Show as the clock appeared on the screen once again. Triple H countered the Double Arm DDT, only to receive the Handible Claw seconds later!

BUZZ! Entrant number seven was Smackdown’s mystery entrant- none other than a returning Ultimo Dragon, and the crowd were excited to see the Japanese superstar again. He got in the ring and nailed some stiff kicks to everybody, and then nailed the Dragon DDT on Jericho. He tried to nail some kicks to The Game, but The Game caught his kicks, and then nailed a thunderous pedigree. The clock appeared on screen as Big Show nailed the Alley Loop on Dragon. Benoit countered the Walls of Jericho and set Jericho up on the apron trying to send him over, but Jericho once again rolled back into the ring from the apron.

BUZZ! “Word Life” hit the arena and then the Dr. of Thuganomics, John Cena made his way down to the ring with a microphone in hand. He used most of his two minutes getting to the ring with a rap about Triple H, Mankind, Benoit and Jericho. He then got in the ring only to receive a sharp kick from Ultimo Dragon to the face. He blocked another one and then nailed an impressive FU on Dragon as the crowd went wild.

BUZZ! Number nine was William Regal. As he was coming out, Triple H threw the Dragon over the top rope eliminating him from the match. Cena then began to work on Big Show. Jericho was nearly send over by Benoit yet again, and then received a German Suplex as the clock came up again. Triple H broke Cena’s submission on the Big Show and then went for the Pedigree, but Cena countered and sent Triple H face first into the turnbuckle. Cena went for an FU, but The Game went round the back and then quickly sent John Cena over the top rope to the floor below.

BUZZ! The tenth entrant in the Royal Rumble was none other than our Olympic Gold Medallist, Kurt Angle. Kurt was on fire as he ran down the ramp and nailed the Angle Slam on Mankind, and then blocking a kick by The Game and nailing a Belly to Belly on him. He then went straight after Benoit and the two exchanged German Suplexes; he then nailed the Angle Slam on Chris Jericho and then signalled for the Anklelock. He grabbed the ankle of the Big Show, but Show pushed the Olympian out of the way as the clock came up on the screen once more. Angle came right back and floored the monster with a HUGE German Suplex as the crowd went wild. Kurt then locked the Anklelock on.

BUZZ! Number eleven came out and it was Booker T, and the crowd went wild as Booker made his way down to the ring. William Regal was just getting up from a HHH attack, but Booker nailed the Scissors Kick on him, and then tried for a Spinaroonie, but The Game broke the move up, and then suplexed Booker T down to the mat. Kurt Angle nailed a German on Regal, and then received a Show Stopper from the Big Show. Big Show then lifted Regal into a Gorilla Press position, and tried to plant him over the top, but he landed on the apron. The clock appeared on the screen as The Game picked up the cheap elimination by knocking Regal off the apron with a clothesline as the crowd booed.

BUZZ! Our next entrant Christian came out, accompanied by a healthy looking Tyson Tomko and that animal, Paul Burchill. He climbed into the ring and countered Mankind’s attempt to “give him the sock”, he then low blowed Mankind before trying to eliminate the legend. On the other side of the ring, Tomko distracted Benoit, and he was a victim of a German Suplex from Angle. Big Show tried to eliminate Triple H; Booker T went to his aid as the clock reappeared on the titantron. Jericho nailed an impressive dropkick on Christian, sending him almost all the way over the top, but Christian skimmed the cat and came back with a dropkick of his own. Triple H climbed back in the ring and punched Booker T right in the face.

BUZZ! The flames went off and the Big Red Monster, Kane- number thirteen- made his way down to the ring as the crowd cheered wildly. He climbed into the ring and gave EVERYONE a devastating chokeslam before being a victim of a stiff kick to the knee from Kurt Angle. Kurt Angle then nailed the Angle Slam on Kane, but Kane sat right back up! He spun Kurt Angle round- right into a massive chokeslam. Everyone was down as the clock appeared on the screen once again with Kane looking happy at the destruction that he has caused!

BUZZ! Number fourteen got a MASSIVE reaction from the crowd as it was none other than the Texas Rattlesnake, Stone Cold Steve Austin! Kane met his match as Austin went round the back after a chokeslam attempt and spun Kane round right into a Stone Cold Stunner. Christian got to his feet and tried to reason with the Texas Rattlesnake, but he wasn’t having any of it, and Christian also received a Stone Cold Stunner. Tyson Tomko climbed into the ring, despite the referee’s “protests” and he too received a Stone Cold Stunner as the clock appeared on the screen again. Stone Cold taunted at all four turnbuckles as he waited for entrant number fifteen.

BUZZ! Halfway through and everyone’s favourite superstar, Eugene was our entrant. He spent most of the two minutes signing autographs and shaking hands with the fans. Triple H didn’t like this one bit, and climbed through the middle rope and whipped Eugene into the steel steps. He then rolled Eugene into the ring and delivered a thunderous pedigree to everyone’s favourite Raw superstar. He then clotheslined him over as the crowd booed. The clock appeared on the screen as Mankind clotheslined Triple H down to the ground and then nailed a nice Double Arm DDT on Kurt Angle.

BUZZ! Muhammad Hassan was next, and he prayed before entering the ring, and it looked like it helped for a little while as he sent Mankind down to the ground with a nice clothesline, and then kicked Benoit right in the face. However he was then a victim of the Angle Slam, followed by the Show Stopper- almost in cohesion which was kind of cool. The countdown appeared on the screen again as Christian was cockily working on the Big Show.

BUZZ! The Hurricane’s music began, but then The Rock’s music interrupted his and then The Rock appeared at ringside as the crowd went wild. He floored both Tomko and Burchill with right hands, and then taunted at Christian who foolishly walked over to the ropes. Kurt Angle then capitalised on this and sent Christian over to the floor below as the crowd cheered. The Rock then layed the Smackdown on Christian and the two began brawling up the ramp as the countdown appeared on the titantron once again. Kurt Angle walked right into a pedigree by Triple H. triple H was then victim to a HUGE body slam from the 470 pound Big Show. The Hurricane then slid into the ring, as he was the REAL seventeenth entrant.

BUZZ! Rob Van Dam’s music hit the arena and then he ran down the ramp as the fans went wild. He got in the ring and climbed up to the top rope where he nailed a nice cross body onto Triple H. He then reversed a body slam from the Big Show and nailed a couple of stiff kicks to the big man. Muhammad Hassan then tried to clothesline him over, but he landed on the apron. The Hurricane came from behind and tried to throw Hassan over, but Hassan lifted The Hurricane up high and as a small measure of revenge sent The Hurricane over the top rope as the crowd booed. The clock then appeared on the screen once more. Triple H clotheslined Hassan over, and he landed on the apron, but The Hurricane pulled his legs and his feet touched the floor. Hassan then blocked a punch from The Hurricane and then nailed that modified version of the STO right onto the floor! He then sent The Hurricane into the crowd where they started a lengthy brawl around the arena.

BUZZ! The next entrant was Randy Orton, and Triple H did not look too happy at all. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho were both trying to eliminate each other on the other side of the ring, and Mankind got to Randy Orton before Triple H could and the two began brawling. Randy went for the RKO, but Mankind pushed him out of the way and Randy floored Triple H with a clothesline. He walked right into an Angle Slam from Kurt Angle however. Mankind then nailed a Double Arm DDT on Angle as the clock appeared on the screen. Chris Benoit floored Jericho with a nasty clothesline before receiving a Big Boot to the head from the Big Show as the crowd cheered.

BUZZ! Shelton Benjamin was number twenty and he ran down and nailed the T-Bone suplex on Triple H before nailing his (weaker) version of the Stinger Splash on Mankind who was in the corner idle. He turned round right into a German Suplex from the master of suplexes himself, Kurt Angle as the crowd booed. Triple H then sent Randy Orton over the top rope and Mankind ran, aiming for Triple H but he accidentally hit Randy Orton sending him to the floor below. Orton didn’t look too happy about this at all as the clock appeared on the screen again. Shelton then nailed the Dragon Whip on Big Show and then nailed the T-Bone on Jericho. He tried it on Triple H, but Triple H spun Shelton right into the pedigree, and then threw him over the top rope to add extra insult to injury as the crowd booed showing their appreciation.

BUZZ! Our Cruiserweight Champion, Akio was out next and he immediately went to help everyone else try and eliminate the Big Show, but was unsuccessful as Big Show just powered out and unleashed himself on everybody. He delivered thunderous Big Boots to Benoit, Jericho and Triple H, and then chokeslammed Akio. The clock appeared on the screen once again. Big Show then tried to toss Akio out, but Akio landed on the apron, and springboarded over the ropes with a nice bulldog which caught the Giant by surprise.

BUZZ! Our next entrant was none other than former Rumble winner, legendary Hulk Hogan. He spent most of his two minutes taunting as he made his way down to the ring with the fans going wild. In the ring they were just shocked to see Hogan. Hogan got in the ring and blocked three punches from Akio and then nailed the Big Boot, he then signalled for the Immortal Leg Drop, but Triple H hit him with the pedigree. Angle then lifted him up and hit the Angle Slam as the crowd booed.

BUZZ! Our next entrant was none other than the French Phenom, Rene Dupree who looked happy as he got into the ring and tried to help Jericho eliminate Mankind on the other side of the ring. Kurt Angle and Triple H started exchanging right hands, and The Game nailed that impressive knee to face buster that he is famous for. This stunned Kurt Angle for a bit, and The Game tried to throw him over, but Angle wouldn’t budge. The counter appeared on the screen again. Rene Dupree received a stiff kick to the face from Akio. Big Show then slammed Jericho down hard on the canvas.

BUZZ! The firefly, Rey Mysterio was next out and the crowd went wild as he and Akio went at it in the ring. He set Akio up for the 619, but Akio moved out of the way and nailed an impressive dropkick which sent Rey onto the apron. Rey springboarded back over with a cross body. RVD then capitalised on this and tried to throw Akio over, but Akio rolled back in. Kurt Angle had the Anklelock locked in on the Big Show and wasn’t letting go, whatever way the Big Show rolled. However Shawn Michaels (not an entrant in the Rumble) ran down the ramp and slid into the ring and nailed Kurt Angle with some Sweet Chin Music. He then clotheslined him over the rope, and then flew over with a cross body onto the Olympic Champion as the crowd went wild. the two began brawling until referee’s finally managed to separate the carnage as the crowd went wild.

BUZZ! Our next entrant was Hardcore Holly, the fans went wild as Holly made his way down the ramp and got in the ring and floored everyone. He nailed an amazing spinning Alabama Slam on Akio, and then nailed a devastating Powerbomb on Rey Mysterio. He then locked in the Full Nelson on the Big Show as the crowd went wild, and the clock once again appeared on the screen. Everyone was down and our WWE Champion, JBL ran down and slid into the ring. He saw Rob Van Dam getting up and floored him with a MASSIVE Clothesline From Hell as payback for earlier on tonight. Akio then dumped RVD over the ropes and JBL slid under and floored RVD with a sick shot with the WWE title belt as the crowd booed.

BUZZ! The crowd went nuts as the Raw animal, Batista made his way down to the ring with the fans on their feet. Batista caught a flying Akio and nailed a quick Batista Bomb as the crowd went nuts. Batista then beheaded Chris Jericho with that awesome clothesline of his, before lifting the Big Show up for a scoop slam! Hardcore Holly then nailed his famous low blow at the corner onto the monster before nailing his old finisher, the Falcon Arrow on the animal. The clock appeared on the screen again. Rey Mysterio tried to nail the 619 on Triple H, but was pushed off the apron to the floor below. However since he went through the middle rope, it didn’t count, and he was allowed back into the match. He went for a springboard, but Triple H pushed Mysterio off the ropes and to the floor below, eliminating him. Batista then nailed that vicious clothesline of his to Dupree which sent him out too. Benoit then nailed the diving headbutt on Mankind.

BUZZ! Out next was the Ultimate Warrior who went straight for Hulk Hogan, his arch nemesis. Big Show caught a kick from Akio and then threw him over the top rope to the floor below. Warrior floored Hogan with a clothesline, came back with another one, and then a third. Warrior then nailed that famous Gorilla Press Slam that he is famous for before attempting to eliminate Hogan, but to no avail. Warrior then walked into a German Suplex from Benoit as the clock appeared on the screen. Booker then nailed the Scissors Kick on Benoit, he tried for a Spinaroonie once again, but spun right round into a Stunner from Stone Cold Steve Austin!

BUZZ! Number twenty nine was Eddie Guerrero, and Latino Heat was on fire as he ran into the ring and sent everyone down with a variety of moves including a nice dropkick on Big Show which sent the Giant into Benoit who fell into Jericho like a human domino. Eddie then nailed the Three Amigos on Triple H and then a bulldog on Mankind, as the clock appeared on the screen once again. On the other side of the ring Batista tried to eliminate the Big Red Machine, Kane. Kan climbed back into the ring.

BUZZ! EVERYBODY in America knew who number thirty was as Goldberg made his way down into the ring. He immediately speared Kane, and then caught Jericho with a clothesline which sent him over the top rope as the fans went wild. Goldberg then speared Booker T, and then lifted Triple H up for the Jackhammer and planted him on the apron, but Triple H countered a clothesline attempt and low blowed Goldberg. The clock appeared on the screen. Goldberg floored Triple H with a vicious clothesline as the crowd went wild. Ultimate Warrior sent Hogan over the top rope, but Hogan grabbed hold of Warrior’s legs, and he went over too!

Goldberg then nailed a spear on the Giant, but walked right into a Stone Cold Stunner from the rattlesnake. Stone Cold then sent Goldberg to the outside, and Goldberg couldn’t believe it! Stone Cold then nailed successful Stunner’s on Booker T, Eddie Guerrero and Hardcore Holly, Mankind and Triple H tumbled over the top rope to the floor below and started brawling as the crowd went wild. Triple H got a sledgehammer and floored Mankind with the weapon on the outside before making his way up the ramp looking happy with himself.

Booker T went to deliver the Bookend to Kane, but Kane countered the move and lifted Booker T up high and threw him over the top to the floor below. However when Kane turned round he walked right into a deadly clothesline from Batista which sent the Big Red Machine over. Hardcore Holly nailed the Alabama Slam on the 470 pound Big Show as the crowd just looked on in agony. Eddie Guerrero tried to eliminate Benoit by a suplex from the apron, but Benoit pushed his friend off the apron. Austin then dumped Benoit over the ropes- and he did not look too happy at all.

FINAL FOUR: Batista (#27), Big Show (#5), Hardcore Holly (#26) and Stone Cold Steve Austin (#14).

So, there were two from Raw and two from Smackdown as we entered the final stages of the 2005 Royal Rumble. Big Show brawled with Raw animal Batista, and Hardcore Holly went after the Toughest SOB, Steve Austin. Batista was soon dumped out by the Big Show as the Giant went wild. Steve Austin and Hardcore Holly then joined forces and began working on the Big Show, flooring him with a MASSIVE suplex, and then nailed their signature moves. However Big Show soon got to his senses and powered out of the double teaming, and sent Holly over the top rope with a clothesline. The crowd went wild as they realised that Austin was in the final two, and the crowd couldn’t believe it. The two brawled back and forth for a little while, and Big Show countered the Stunner, and then Stone Cold countered the Show Stopper, both men then knocked out each other and the fans went wild as both men went down to the canvas.

Goldberg showed up on the scene and the fans couldn’t believe it. Goldberg delivered a thunderous, bone-shattering Spear right to the heart of the Texas Rattlesnake. Goldberg then made a quick exit, damage being done as the crowd booed the Raw hoss. Big Show got to his feet and threw Stone Cold Steve Austin over the top rope to the floor below, none-the-wiser of Goldberg’s interference to win the Royal Rumble as the fans went wild.

Winner: Big Show.

Match Reaction: 82.7%

Match Quality: 83.5%

Overall Rating: 85.9%

Stone Cold did not look happy as he got to his senses. He got back into the ring and sent the Rumble winner down to the mat with a MASSIVE Stone Cold Stunner. He then celebrated in the ring as the Royal Rumble 2005 came to an end with the fans ready for the Road to WrestleMania XXI- in Hollywood!

Quick Match Results:

Hardcore Holly def. Heidenreich (75.6%)

Paul London def. Billy Kidman (93.0%)

Lita def. Molly Holly by DQ (81.8%)

The Hurricane def. Muhammad Hassan (81.5%)

Edge def. Batista (79.1%)

John Bradshaw Layfield def. The Undertaker (84.0%)

Big Show wins the 2005 Royal Rumble (85.9%)

Biggest Pops:

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin

2. The Rock

3. The Undertaker

4. Big Show

5. Chris Benoit

Most Heat:

1. Goldberg

2. Triple H

3. John Bradshaw Layfield

4. Kurt Angle

5. Edge