Dominic Denucci and Victor Rivera

May 13, 1975

Dominic Denucci and Pat Barrett

June 1975

Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan

August 26, 1975

Tony Parisi and Louis Cerdan

November 18, 1975

Executioners (Killer Kowalski and John Studd)

May 11, 1976

Chief Jay Strongbow and Billy White Wolf

December 7, 1976

Toru Tanaka and Mr. Fuji (3)

September 27, 1977

Dominic Denucci and Dino Bravo

March 14, 1978

The Yukon Lumberjacks (Pierre and Eric)

June 26, 1978

Tony Garea and Larry Zbyszko

November 21, 1978

Johnny Valiant and Jerry Valiant

March 6, 1979

Ivan Putski and Tito Santana

October 22, 1979

The Samoans (Afa and Sika)

April 12, 1980

Bob Backlund and Pedro Morales

August 9, 1980

The Samoans (Afa and Sika) (2)

September 9, 1980

Tony Garea and Rick Martel

November 8, 1980

The Moondogs (Rex and King)

March 17, 1981

The Moondogs (Rex and Spot)

May 1981

Tony Garea and Rick Martel (2)

July 21, 1981

Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito

October 13, 1981

Chief Jay Strongbow and Jules Strongbow

June 28, 1982

Mr. Fuji and Mr. Saito (2)

July 13, 1982

Chief Jay Strongbow and Jules Strongbow (2)

October 26, 1982

The Samoans (Afa and Sika) (3)

March 8, 1983

Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas

November 15, 1983

North-South Connection (Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch)

April 17, 1984

Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham

January 21, 1985

Iron Shiek and Nikolai Volkoff

March 31, 1985

US Express (Mike Rotundo and Barry Windham) (2)

June 17, 1985

Dream Team (Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine)

August 24, 1985

British Bulldogs (Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith)

April 7, 1986

Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart)

January 26, 1987

Strike Force (Rick Martel and Tito Santana)

October 27, 1987

Demolition (Ax and Smash)

March 27, 1988

World Wrestling Federation Intercontinental Heavyweight Title

Pat Patterson

September 1979

Ken Patera

April 21, 1980

Pedro Morales

December 8, 1980

Don Muraco

June 20, 1981

Pedro Morales (2)

November 23, 1981

Don Muraco (2)

January 22, 1983

Tito Santana

February 11, 1984

Greg Valentine

September 24, 1984

Tito Santana (2)

July 7, 1985

Randy Savage

February 8, 1986

Ricky Steamboat

March 29, 1987

Honky Tonk Man

June 2, 1987

Ultimate Warrior

August 29, 1988

Rick Rude

April 2, 1989

World Wrestling Federation Women's World Heavyweight Title

Suspended

Slave Girl Moolah/Fabulous Moolah

September 18, 1956

Betty Boucher

September 17, 1966

Fabulous Moolah (2)

Yukiko Tomoe

March 10, 1968

Fabulous Moolah (3)

April 2, 1968

Sue Green

Fabulous Moolah (4)

Evelyn Stevens

October 8, 1978

Fabulous Moolah (5)

October 10, 1978

Wendi Richter

July 23, 1984

Leilani Kai

February 18, 1985

Wendi Richter (2)

March 31, 1985

Fabulous Moolah (6)

November 25, 1985

Velvet McIntyre

July 3, 1986

Fabulous Moolah (7)

July 9, 1986

Sherri Martel

July 24, 1987

Rockin' Robin

October 7, 1987

Credit ~ Wrestling Information Archive

Just a little something for the people. I'll update this as it needs to be updated.

Edited by sycodmn

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Wrestling Challenge

In the studio once again with The Brain and Gorilla, who are going over some of the highlights for tonight. Rick Martel will go one on one with Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake and also explain why he did what he did at WrestleMania V. The Powers of Pain, Hercules Hernandez, Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, and Bret 'The Hitman' Hart will also all be in action tonight.

Monsoon and Heenan introduce the first match, in which Hercules Hernandez will be taking on the massive newcomer making his WWF debut The Masked Punisher.

[Tape Feed]

Hernandez hits the curtain to his music, and the fans show him some love as the big man makes his way to the ring, taking a moment to stop and flex on his way. Once inside the ring, he flexes some more, then awaits his opponent.

As Hernandez stands in the ring, the house lights dim, and a gallow's march starts up. Many in the crowd do not know what to expect, and sit on their hands, until a tall, almost seven foot, masked man steps through the curtain. He is announced as the Masked Punisher and slowly makes his way to the ring. Though tall, he is lanky, but it is obvious that he has power as well.

Hercules Hernandez vs. The Masked Punisher

Hernandez, confident in his strength, locks up with the Punisher, but suprisingly to the crowd, gets tossed backwards like a toddler. Hernandez can't believe it, as he sits in the corner he was thrown too, rubbing his head as the MP stands dauntingly in the ring. Hernandez tries it again, with the same result, and the squash is on as the Masked Punisher charges in, obliterating Hernandez with a knee. Some brawling, do a little dance, make a little love, and a Big Boot off of a whip to the ropes finishes it for the Masked Punisher.

Winner: The Masked Punisher

Apparently the Masked Punisher isn't done though, as he takes the unconcsious Hernandez, and lifts him up into a power bomb position, then straightens his arms to the sky, drilling the vet to the mat with an Elevated Powerbomb! Finely, satisfied with his work, the masked monster leaves as quietly as he came, ignoring the crowd.

Back in the studio, where Heenan is over the moon about the Masked Punisher, talking about how he needs a manager and that he's going straight to the top. Monsoon verbally rolls his eyes at Heenan, and says that before the commercial, we have some pretaped comments from Shawn Michaels of the Rockers.

[Tape Feed]

Backstage at a WWF event, where Shawn Michaels stands center stage with new hire backstage interviewer Mike Tenay. In the background we can see Marty Jannetty being treated by the WWF medical staff.

Mike Tenay: ' Hello fans, I'm Mike Tenay, here alongside Rocker Shawn Michaels. Now Shawn, I understand you have a few words to say about the Twin Towers?'

Shawn Michaels: ' Indeed I do Mike. Now, a lot of people think that the Rockers are all about good times and partying, and they might be right, but this is different. Twice now the Twin Towers have tried to put us in a hospital bed, and both me and Marty have had enough! So, Akeem, Bossman, if your men enough, we want you at the Saturday Night Main Event!'

Tenay: ' Thats a huge challenge, and with the SNME over a month and a half away, do you think that you and Marty can keep your hands off of the Twin Towers that long?'

Michaels: ' Who ever said anything about keeping our hands off of them?'

Tenay: ' But both times you've faced them, you've gone down in a heap, what makes you think that this time will be different Shawn?'

Michaels: ' Like they always say Tenay, the third times the charm, and I don't know about you, but the Rockers are feelin' lucky!'

Tenay: ' You heard it here folks, the Rockers are challenging the Twin Towers for one more go around! Back to you Brain and Gorilla!'

Fade out to commercial.

[Commercial Break]

Straight to the ring, where Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake is making his entrance, oversized comedy shears in hand. He fakes cutting a young fans hair much to the fans delight, then slides into the ring. He hands his shears and boa to the ringside attendant, then awaits his opponents.

The strains of Girls in Cars sounded out, as Rick Martel made his way out. Spinning in place and showing off his physique, he seemed physically sickened by his own music, and the fans. With a look of disdain, he climbed into the ring, and stared down Beefcake.

Brutus Beefcake vs. Rick Martel

Once the match starts up, we see a different Rick Martel as he tears into Brutus, really working the back to set up the Crab. A series of takedowns, followed by a backbreaker, and a whip that sent the Barber's back into the turnbuckle really took its toll, and put Martel in complete control of the match. Brutus was able to fire back with a few right hands, and a clothesline, but it was all for nought as Martel slapped on the Crab for the submission victory.

Winner: Rick Martel

At first after the match Martel refuses to break the hold, but finally does after much bickering with the ref. He then heads over to the announce table, and demands a mic, which he recieves. As this is happening, Girls in Cars is playing.

Rick Martel: ' Cut that music... CUT THAT MUSIC! Thats not my music anymore, leave it for that punk Santana. Yeah, your hero. Why is he your hero? Because he always did things for himself! It wasn't about the team, it wasn't about Strike Force, it was about TITO SANTANA! You'd think he'd care about us, about tag team gold, but NO! Its all about making himself look good! Look at that match they showed last night, against the Quebecers... I had the match wrapped up, it was over, but who had to get their face on TV? TITO, THATS WHO! Thats why I dropped him like a bad habit, because instead of us, it was him, so now he can be him by himself! After all, a model of perfection like myself dosen't need dead weight anyway!'

Martel slammed the mic down, and stomped off as we cut to commercial.

[Commercial Break]

Face time in the studio for The Brain and Gorilla, who can't believe what Martel just said. Heenan says that its obvious now, all you have to do is look, and that Tito Santana was always out for himself, just look at the tape, always wanting to get his face on television. Gorilla disagrees, and introduces the next match, the up and coming Young Stallions against the Mr. Fuji led Powers of Pain.

[Tape Feed]

The Young Stallions Paul Roma and Jim Powers, make their way out, to a small reception from the crowd. They high five then slide into the ring, posing on the turnbuckles before hoping down and talking the match over before it starts.

A moment passes, and the massive team of The Warlord and The Barbarian, accompanied by the always 'salty' Mr. Fuji made their entrance. Fuji was shouting to the crowd in broken English about how the Powers of Pain were going to destroy the Young Stallions, and that none would stop them from getting the WWF World Tag Team Titles.

Young Stallions vs. Powers of Pain w/ Mr. Fuji

The Stallions ran into a brick wall in the beginning of the match, as neither Roma nor Powers could take either of the Powers off their feet, which left Fuji cackling on the outside. The Barbarian looked like he was going to put the match away early as he slammed Powers into the turnbuckle, shaking the ring, and the Powers went to work, isolating Powers in the corner. This led to an inevitable face comeback, with Powers nailing the Warlord, who had tagged in, with a drop toe hold into the turnbuckle, allowing him to make the hot tag. Unfortunately, Roma faired about as well as his partner, and after an early surge of offense, got planted by a Flying Lariat by The Barbarian, as the Powers of Pain took the fall.

Winner(s): Powers of Pain

[End Feed]

Back in the studio Monsoon is marveling at the power of Fuji's charges, as Heenan puts them over hard, saying that whoever holds the WWF World Tag Team Titles are in clear and present danger when ever the Powers of Pain are around.

They then start talking about the match on last Monday's Prime Time Wrestling, over that very title, when Demoltion took on the Brainbusters. That match went to a double DQ, but didn't end there, as seen in the next clip, which took place after PTW.

[Tape Feed]

Backstage in the arena in which Prime Time Wrestling took place, Ax and Smash of Demoltion are in a lockeroom, discussing their match with the Brainbusters, and how it was likely to lead to a rematch. Ax says that he's up for it, and Smash agrees.

Suddenly, the door bursts open, and Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard rush in! Arn and Tully pair off against Demolition, and THEY BE CLUBBERIN! Sorry, I was talking to Dusty on the phone earlier. Arn really takes it to Ax, busting him up and tossing him into a locker, allowing The Enforcer and Tully to work over Smash, who fights back, just when a plethora of WWF Officials rush into the room. Hey, its Jay Strongbow!

Cut to more backstage stuff, as 'The Macho Man' Randy Savage stands in the interview area with Sean Mooney. Elizabeth is standing rather akwardly in the background.

Sean Mooney: ' Macho Man, last week we all saw your partner in a tag match, Ted DiBiase, force Hulk Hogan's partner, Jake Roberts tap to the Million Dollar Dream. Now, DiBiase is claiming that due to beating Hogan, he deserves a WWF World Heavyweight Title shot, what do you have to say about that?'

Savage starts out looking calm, but within seconds he's up in the camera, full of intensity, before he's even talked.

Randy Savage: ' What do I think? I'll tell you what the MA-CHO MAN THINKS! I THINK ITS CRAP! THAT'S MY TITLE! I DESERVE THE MATCH! You better dig this DiBi-ASE, the MA-CHO MAN is looking for his title, and brother, he dosen't care who, what, where, when, why, or how, but I'm going to get my title back! OHHH-YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!'

Mooney looks like he's about to piss his pants, but continues his questioning.

Mooney: ' Well... um... I have word from the WWF Competition Committee that DiBiase will be getting his shot...'

Savage looks at Mooney with a crazed look in his eye.

Savage: ' The MA-CHO MAN is gonna have something to say about that... OH YEAHHHHH!!'

Savage then spins and stalks off, almost dragging Elizabeth behind him.

[Commercial Break]

Running short on time, so its straight to the ring, where Bret 'The Hitman' Hart stands with his partner Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart on one side of the ring for this singles contest as Bret takes on Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. Neidhart gives Bret some advice, then steps out of the ring as the bell is sounded.

Jake Roberts vs. Bret Hart w/ Jim Neidhart

The two take it slow in the beginning, feeling each other out, but Bret takes control after an atomic drop, inverted atomic drop, clothesline combo that put Roberts on dream street, and lead to an early two count. Roberts was able to fight back, and scored with a drop toe hold, which he floated over into a head lock, but was unable to do anything from it as Hart scored with a sneaky low blow that put things back in his favor.

The middle of the match was very back and forth, as Bret held his own against The Snake, albeit thanks to some backhanded help from Neidhart on the outside. Suprisingly, Roberts was able to overcome it, and almost hit his infamous DDT, but was too close to the ropes, and Neidhart held Bret's legs, stabilizing him, and causing Roberts to fall harmlessly to his back, where Hart went for the Sharpshooter but it was countered with a boot that sent Bret into the turnbuckles. When he bounced back, he nailed the ref, causing him to fall to the ground, giving Neidhart all the impetus he needed to insert himself into the match.

Neidhart pounded Roberts with rights, and soon was helped by Bret, as they set Jake up for the Hart Attack, when suddenly, and suprisingly, the Blue Blazer came running down the aisle, causing Bret and Anvil to drop Roberts in shock as their own flesh and blood came to challenge them. Owen was able to knock Anvil out of the ring with a nice leg lariat, which was all the distraction that Roberts needed to even the odds and nail a DDT on Bret for the one, two, three. A hell of a match, and for the benefit of those scoring at home, ****1/4 stars, in my humble opinion. Really a gem in what was an up and down show.

Winner: Jake Roberts

Wrestling Challenge ended with Roberts and Blazer celebrating in the ring. Roberts was taunting the Hart Foundation with Damien, while Owen stood on the turnbuckle, watching Bret and Anvil ask him 'Why?'.

Overall: 70

Television Rating on the USA Network: 2.36

Yeah, El Matador didn't exist yet, thanks TGC... ass

Edited by sycodmn

user posted image

Prime Time Wrestling

Preview

Another exciting installment of the best wrestling programming on the planet, as PRIME TIME WRESTLING hits the airwaves like a Mac truck hitting the side rail!

Things heat up in the differences between The Rockers and the Slicksta's Twin Towers, as well as between the former Strike Force, as Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty team up with Tito Santana to take on the Twin Towers and Rick Martel!

'Macho Man' Randy Savage has said that he's going on a little 'road trip' and that he will be broadcasting LIVE tonight with the results of said trip! Where is he going? What is he doing? Only MADNESS knows for sure!

Hulk Hogan will be in the house with some words for 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase after learning that DiBiase will challenge for Hogan's WWF World Heavyweight Title in just two short months at King of the Ring, NOW ON PAY PER VIEW!

A LEGENDARY tag team will be in the house to take on the Hart Foundation. With troubles in front of them from this unannounced team, as well as from their own flesh and blood 'The Blue Blazer' Owen Hart, will The Hitman and Anvil suffer their own Hart Attack?

The one and only Sgt. Slaughter will be making an appearance as he takes on the Honky Tonk Man!

All this, and MORE, Tonight on the USA Network, 8/7 CST!

A decent enough show, though I can't say I liked Rick Martel's promo. Not that good, but alright. I think you should certainly not have used El Matador. This is only 1989. You haven't yet hit 1991. But I did like that you played up on the little mistake of having the Strike Force match last week. Saying that is was bascially Rick giving Tito one last chance and he screwed that up and now is on his own, for good this time.

A Savage - DiBiase number one contenders match? If that is the plan, it should be a good match.

Edit: I guess I read that part wrong and it will be DiBiase getting a title shot.

Jake Roberts vs. Bret Hart was a good match. An Owen-Bret feud this early? I guess it could work.

Edited by Fitzy

A decent enough show, though I can't say I liked Rick Martel's promo. Not that good, but alright. I think you should certainly not have used El Matador. This is only 1989. You haven't yet hit 1991. But I did like that you played up on the little mistake of having the Strike Force match last week. Saying that is was bascially Rick giving Tito one last chance and he screwed that up and now is on his own, for good this time.

A Savage - DiBiase number one contenders match? If that is the plan, it should be a good match.

Edit: I guess I read that part wrong and it will be DiBiase getting a title shot.

Jake Roberts vs. Bret Hart was a good match. An Owen-Bret feud this early? I guess it could work.

The Santana thing has been rectified, TGC pointed it out to me as you were typing.

As for the Hart thing... things are not always as they seem. Something will come out of it though.

I never rated Superstars, so let me rectify that now. It was a very good show, with the exception of the Strike Force screw up which you used well enough. it wasn't atypical for a promotion to tape many matches ahead of time at this point, even going so far as having WCW tape title changes for weeks in advance, then have a PPV where the old champion had to defend a belt he had already lost live on PPV. Anyways, I liked it, a lot.

Grade A-

As for Wrestling Challenge, now that the El Matador error has been fixed, I don't have any issues with it. The Masked Punisher I liked, the Macho Man promo was solid, and the Main event was odd, but good. Another wuality show that left me with nothing to complain

Grade of A

TGC

user posted image

Prime Time Wrestling

From Pittsburgh, Penn.

With your hosts Vince McMahon and Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

WE ARE ON THE USA NETWORK AND I'M COPYING DUKES!!!!!

*cough*

Vince McMahon Jr. and Jesse 'The Body' Ventura welcome us to another rousing edition of Prime Time Wrestling, and state that right off the bat we're in for a treat tonight, as we will get to see one of the most legendary teams in wrestling history. Well, McMahon does at least, Body tells everyone that if any team was ever overrated, it was this one.

The promised announcement about the WWF World Tag Team Championships is made, as Demolition will indeed defend the titles against The Brainbusters at the June Saturday Night Main Event on NBC. McMahon says its going to be a great match up, and that either team could win it. Ventura says thats ludicrious, Arn and Tully are walking out champions.

The Hart Foundation music hits, as Bret and Anvil make their way out in light blue jacket/tights combos. They pause on their way, where Bret spins around, arms outstretched, and Neidhart strokes his goatee and laughs. They climb into the ring, and while Neidhart tries to intimidate the referee, the Hitman bounces from side to side, waiting to see how their 'mystery legend' opponents are.

Music familiar to any Southern wrestling fan starts to play, and HOLY SHIT! Its Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson! The ROCK 'N ROLL EXPRESS! Excuse me while I mark like a school girl. Morton and Gibson slap some hands, kiss some ladies, and run to the ring, sliding in to a great reception from the crowd, who recognize these NWA legends.

The Hart Foundation vs. The Rock 'N Roll Express

I have it on good word that the Rock 'N Roll Express are here on a 'try out' contract, and that if this match goes well that they'll be signed on a more permanent basis. If you ask me, this is like shooting fish in a barrell, because if you can't have a good match with the Hart Foundation, you don't deserve to be in the WWF.

Morton starts things off, and as any NWA fan can tell you, he gets the hell beat out of him in the early going. Bret goes to work on him with his array of holds and locks taught to him by his father Stu in the infamous Dungeon in Calgary, and Neidhart wows the crowd with powermoves, tossing Morton from pillar to post, all over hell and half of Georgia.They are, however, unable to pin the ring veteran, who escapes the duke.

This all started to change as Morton hit a dropkick on Neidhart leading to the HOT TAG! made famous by this very tag team. Gibson is a house on fire, taking it to Bret and Anvil, and clearing the ring, allowing him to pose for a minute on the turnbuckle, an eye on the Hart Foundation. Bret's the legal man, and comes back into the ring, and the two square off, Gibson getting the upper hand. This leads to Bret distracting the ref, allowing Neidhart to absolutely STEAMROLL Gibson, and a Hart Attack later, and this one is over.

Winner(s): The Hart Foundation

The Hart Foundation are already halfway up the aisle when they get their hands raised, celebrating their victory over the legendary Rock 'N Roll Express. This leaves Morton and Gibson in the ring to contemplate what just happened.

We cut to a shot of the backstage interview area, where Mike Tenay stands with the WWF World Heavyweight Champion Hulk Hogan. The Hulkster carries the World title around his waist, and is flexing and posing for the camera.

Mike Tenay: ' Hulkster, now that we know who you will be defending your WWF title against next, do you have anything to say to Ted DiBiase?'

Hulk Hogan: ' You bet I do brutha! Million Dollar Man, you can buy, cheat, and steal your way to a title shot, but you can't pay off HULKAMANIA brutha! I owe it to all my little Hulkamaniacs out there to be the best I can, and that means not giving into your tricks!'

Tenay: ' What about the extended layoff before the title match Hulk? King of the Ring isn't until June, thats almost three months!'

Hulkster: ' Tenay, thats not a problem. The Hulksters always saying his prayers, eating his vegtables, and taking his vitamins! Three months, three years, three decades, it dosen't matter to the me, because when you have the 24 inch pythons, the largest arms in the world, no one can stand in your way brutha!'

Tenay: ' Any final thoughts?'

Hulkster: ' Just this... WHATCHA GONNA DO, DIBIASE? WHATCHA GONNA GO, WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD... ON YOU!!!!!!!!'

Hogan precedes to rip off his shirt, before the scene fades out.

Once again we get more Vader hype, as a video plays of him destroying people in Japan. The number 9 clicks over too 8, and the words Soon, it will be his time fade in and then fade out. More shots of Vader, including a clip of his VaderSault, an amazing move for a big man, before it shows a clip of Vader's snarling and raging face.

[Commercial Break]

From the halls of Montezuma, to the shores of Tripoli, we will fight our countries battles on the lands and on the sea... GO JOE!

Shameless plug there, and who dosen't like the Marine Corps Hymm, but the fans love it as a Real American Hero, Sgt. Slaughter makes his re-debut in the WWF! An off again, on again member of the roster, the kids love the Sarge, even if he does call them a maggot from time to time.

With his Marine Corps drill instructor hat, sunglasses, cammo muscle top, pants, and of course, some good old American marching boots, waving the Stars and Stripes from side to side, Slaughter makes his way out, to a rousing 'USA, USA' chant. Good to know patriotism always sells.

Slaughter climbs in the ring, and continues waving the American flag, until he is interrupted by the music of his opponent, The Honky Tonk Man. HTM hits the stage with his hair slicked back, a guitar, and Greg 'The Hammer' Valentine in the back. He's cool, he's cocky, and he's got backup.

HTM and Valentine make their way to the ring, mocking Slaughter, before HTM finally climbs into the ring with Sarge, who's already handed off the flag, and removed his glasses and hat. He's ready, and as the bell is rung, charges HTM.

Sgt. Slaughter vs. The Honky Tonk Man w/ Greg Valentine

Slaughter took it to Honky Tonk in the early going, going after him with rights and lefts and typical brawler offense. An early Cobra Clutch attempt was thwarted because they were too close to the ropes, and HTM took the opportunity to get back in the match.

HTM turned the table with a surreptious low blow, and a roll up got two, but it wasn't enough as the Sarge fought back, scoring a nearfall with a backbreaker and another with a body slam. Finish game when Sarge put HTM on dream street with the Cobra Clutch.

Winner: Sgt. Slaughter

Honky Tonk and Valentine aren't done however, as when Slaughter releases the limp HTM from the Clutch, Valentine slides into the ring with the guitar. A moment later, and Slaugher is out on the mat as Valentine brings the guitar crashing down on his head! Rythm and Blues laugh it up in the ring, before hightailing it before the Sarge can get up.

We cut from the ring, to what is announced as a 'Live' feed from Titan Towers in Stamford Conneticut, which is told to us by the handy dandy graphic at the bottom of the screen. The scene is peaceful, tranquil. A man walks across the parking lot, going to his car, when suddenly the screeching of brakes and the yelling of a driver is heard as a limo nearly hits him! The limo comes to a halt, and who should jump out but 'Macho Man' Randy Savage!

Savage leaps from the limo, and heads towards the glass doors of Titan Towers. A security guard, played by New York Championship Wrestling talent Booker Huffman attempts to stop him, but Savage goes blasting by him, tassels waving in the wind.

Cut to the inside, where Savage is doing his little spin thing, taking in the surroundings, before frightening he receptionist who was on the phone by rushing up to her.

Randy Savage: ' OHHHH YEAAAAH BROTHER!!! Where's the competition committee's office?'

Receptionist: ' The... the...their in.. a... me...mee....meeting...'

Not a good enough answer for Savage, as he stomps off, heading for the elevators as we fade out.

[Commercial Break]

Back to the arena, where McMahon and Ventura are wondering just what the hell Savage is doing in Stamford. They don't have much time to discuss it however, as the music of the Twin Towers hits, and the two massive men, Akeem and the Big Bossman make their entrance, accompanied by the 'Reverand of Style', the 'Jive Soul Bro' Slick. Slick is pimpin' his way down the aisle, as Bossman and Akeem look like their going to kill someone.

Their soon joined by Rick Martel comes out to some French-Canadian sounding music. Don't ask me what French-Canadian sounding music is, but thats what it was. Martel looks at the crowd with disdain, the announcers with disdain, his partners with disdain, the ref with disdain, hell, he looked at his hand with disdain, it was great! Finally, Martel makes his way down to the ring, and climbs in.

They don't have to wait long, as the familiar sound of The Rockers' music fills the arena, and Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty come out, along with their partner Tito Santana. All three of the faces rush the ring, sending Slick scrambling to the outside as we Pier Six it to start off the match!

The Twin Towers and Rick Martel vs. The Rockers and Tito Santana

Martel starts things off against Michaels, and the two trade holds for a moment, before launching into some fast paced technical work mixed with brawling. Which team has the advantage becomes obvious as Martel tags out to Bossman, who brawls his way to superiority over Michaels, who barely escapes getting pinned by nailing a dropkick, allowing him to make the tag to Santana.

Santana tries to take it to Bossman, but he too falls victim to the big man's brawling and power, and actually gets dropped with a Bossman Slam, but Jannetty makes the save. Santana is out on his feet as Akeem is tagged in, and avalanches him in the corner. Things are not looking good for the faces, but somehow Tito nails a leg lariat to make yet another tag for the Rocker/Santana connection, as Jannetty hits the ring.

Jannetty is a house of fire, nailing Akeem with a slingshot missle dropkick, a move rarely seen in the WWF, but the new booking committee has told the workers to let it all hang out. Bossman rushes the ring and eats a superkick, but the momentary distraction has allowed Akeem to tag in Martel! Slick is going crazy on the outside, as he can't believe Jannetty just decimated both his charges, and Martel and Jannetty lock up. Martel goes for a hip toss, but Jannetty counters it into a backdrop, and then grabs Martel, signalling for the...ROCKER DROPPER!!! Santana and Michaels flood the ring to hold off the Twin Towers, as Jannetty gets the pinfall!

Winner(s): Marty Jannetty, Shawn Michaels, and Tito Santana

The Rockers and Tito celebrate in the crowd as Slick's charges and Martel fume in the ring. Slick is arguing with Akeem, and Bossman dosen't look too happy with his partner either! Michaels waves 'bye bye' to their opponents, as the faces disappear into the crowd as we fade out.

Fade back in on an unhappy Randy Savage, who appears to still be at Titan Towers. It seems he's met up with yet another security guard, and that the door to the WWF Competition Committee is right behind the guard. Savage looks to be trying to control his temper, but finally it gets the better of him, and he bursts into the room, much to the suprise of the Committee!

Just off the top of my head, as Savage passes faces, heading for the head of the table, I notice the very first Intercontental Champion Pat Patterson, on again, off again WWF trainer Rocky Johnson, who's son has just committed to the University of Miami, and WWF Great Bruno Sammartino! Savage passes them, as well as several other unfamiliar faces, and finally reaches the head chair, which is facing a window. He spins it around, only to come face to face with 'The King' Harley Race! Race looks at Savage with a quizzical look, and Savage takes a step back.

Randy Savage: ' Look brotha, the MA-CHO MAN came here for one thing brother. I deserve a rematch against the Hulkster for MY WWF Title!'

Race seems to contemplate it, then looks at the other members of the Committee. Some are nodding, some are not.

Harley Race: ' I see. Macho... I don't think we can do that.'

Savage looks like he's about to blow up and nail Race, who balls his fist, ready. Savage then realizes who he's dealing with, and looks around the room. Besides the legends of the Committee, the doorway is filled with security. Savage things better of violence, and struggles to calm himself down.

Race: ' But, what we can do Savage, is give you a Number One Contenders match at Saturday Night Main Event.'

Savage looks perturbed, but seems to settle for the compromise.

Savage: ' I can dig it. But I gotta ask you brother, against who?'

Race seems to think about it for a moment, then nods his head.

Race: ' Jake Roberts.'

Savage dosen't like that, but dosen't seem to have a choice. He nods.

Savage: ' The Snake is gonna find out what happens when you cross the MA-CHO MAN, OHH YEAAAAHHHH!!!'

Fade out as Savage leaves.

[Commercial Break]

Back from break, and backstage with 'Mean' Gene Okerlund who is standing alongside 'Ravishing' Rick Rude. Suprisingly, like last time we saw Rude, Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan is nowhere to be seen. Rude is patting his WWF Intercontinental Title, and smiling at the camera, doing a little hip swivel.

Gene Okerlund: ' From the first Intercontental Champion to the latest, as I stand here with 'Ravishing' Rick Rude. Rude, last week you laid an open challenge to anyone that wanted a shot at your title, and it seems two men have answered, what do you plan to do?'

Rude looks over at Okerlund, then back at his title, then at the camera.

Rick Rude: ' Never let them say that Rick Rude is not a fair man. So, for all of you placid Pittsburgh pitifuls, I am going to allow the two challengers for my belt to settle things like real men, even if they aren't, in the ring! Mr. Perfect will take on The Ultimate Warrior, and after discussions with the Competition Committee, the winner will recieve a shot at my title at Saturday Night Main Event!'

Okerlund: ' Thats huge news! Do you have any preferance on who you face?'

Rude looks at Okerlund like he's stupid.

Rude: ' I'm the mecca of manhood, the pinnacle of perfection, I'm the champion, not them. I've beaten the best, and trust me, those two aren't the best! It dosen't matter who I face, because who ever it is, is in for a very Rude Awakening!'

Rude laughs at his own joke before doing a hip swivel, and walking off.

Back to the entrance, where Big John Studd is making his entrance, to a small reception from the crowd. Studd slowly walks to the ring, and McMahon and Ventura talk about how, for once, when not facing Andre, Studd is actually in someone that can match his size.

Just as their finishing commenting, the gallows march starts up, and much like on Wrestling Challenge, The Masked Punisher makes his way stoiclly out. This time however, instead of being alone, he's accompanied by Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan, who leads him to the ring, pointing and jawing at Studd. Studd beckons the Punisher on, and gets what he wants as the Punisher steps over the ropes.

Big John Studd vs. The Masked Punisher w/ Bobby Heenan

Suprisingly, for a match in which a 'client' of his was involved in, Heenan was not involved in the match in any physical way. He didn't distract the ref, or Studd, or do anything besides yell orders to the Punisher. Studd tried to use a percieved strength advantage at the beginning, but it was useless as the Punisher proved to be just as strong as Studd.

Once that happened, the Punisher went on offense, and it would have been great if Studd hadn't no sold all of it. Punisher landed rights and lefts, and backed Studd into the corner, beating him down, and Studd was back out within seconds, acting like nothing ever happened. This seemed to seriously anger the Punisher, who decided to step up the stiffness in the match, and he put some welts on Studd's chest with a few stinging chops, and gave him a black eye with a right hand. The finish mercifully came when the Punisher hit a bone crunching Big Boot that put Studd down for the count.

Winner: The Masked Punisher

After the match, the Punisher and Heenan left abnormally quickly, as Studd raged in the ring until officials ran in and we went to a quick commercial.

[Commercial Break]

After the quick exit from the last segment, due to some reportedly very real rage on behalf of Big John Studd, we are in the interview area, where Mike Tenay is with Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and The Masked Punisher. Heenan has a huge smile on his face, and the Punisher is standing stoicly in the back, his arms crossed.

Mike Tenay: ' That was an impressive win by the Masked Punisher out there Brain, can we expect more of that in his future?'

Bobby Heenan: ' Of course humanoid! There's not a man on earth that can defeat the Masked Punisher. Not Sgt. Slaughter, not Jimmy Snuka, and not even Hulk Hogan! In fact, to prove his superiority to all of these normal superstars, he asked me to challenge any tag team to a two on one handicap match at Saturday Night Main Event! What do you think about that... Tenay?'

Tenay looks shocked at this, and fumbles with the mic in his suprise.

Tenay: ' Thats... astounding! You mean this... man... wants to take on any of the great tag teams we have here in the WWF?'

Heenan: ' Isn't that what I said?'

Tenay: ' Well... yes. Moving on, what about the rest of your clients Brain? Tonight Ravishing Rick Rude has put the number one contendership to his WWF Intercontinental Title on the line between The Ultimate Warrior, and a man you know very well, Mr. Perfect.'

Heenan: ' Of course I know this Tenay! I'm the Brain! It was my idea! I have complete faith in not only mine, but Rick's judgement, and it will all work out! Now, I have to go watch this match.'

Heenan leads The Masked Punisher off, as Tenay looks on. He then sends it to the ring, where McMahon and Ventura talk about the utter physical dominance of The Masked Punisher, and then discuss the upcoming main event. McMahon picks The Ultimate Warrior, and Ventura picks Mr. Perfect. Typical.

The guitar driven music of The Ultimate Warrior sounds out, as the face painted hero runs full speed to the ring. The kids are going crazy, as they love the Warrior, and the crowd gets even louder as he shakess the ropes! After that, Warrior stalks around the ring, getting himself even more psyched for the match.

The complete oppisite of the Warrior, Mr. Perfect is the picture of...well, perfect calmness. A smirk on his face and a towel around his neck, Hennig steps out from the curtain and surveys the crowd, and his opponent with a look that says 'been here, done that'. He does his traditional towel toss, catching it, of course, perfectly, and swats his gum into the crowd, again, perfectly, before slowly and calmly, determined, he steps into the ring.

The Ultimate Warrior vs. Mr. Perfect

WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title Number One Contendership Match

The two circle in the ring, and Warrior looks eager to get it on, and it costs him, as he charges Perfect, and finds himself on the mat courtesy of a drop toe hold. Perfect plays mind games with Warrior, keeping him grounded by transition from hold to hold, confusing the more power laden UW. Warrior finally powers his way up, and throws Perfect off to the ropes, before shoulder blocking him to the mat.

It looks like everything is going Warriors way, when he gets Perfect caught in the corner. Being the more cerberal of the two, Perfect catches Warrior with a leverage move, and goes back to work, too bad all of it is ignored by Warrior, who seems to be behind on the concept of selling. Being the consumate professional, Perfect works through it, trying to carry the match, but Warriors not even allowing that.

We break down for the finish when Perfect sidesteps a Warrior rush, and pushes him by, and we get the predictable ref bump resulting. This gives Rick Rude the, pardon the pun, perfect oppurtunity to run down and make his presence felt. He is not alone however as both Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan and The Masked Punisher are with him. The Punisher and Heenan stay outside the ring as Rude slides in, and looks at Perfect, before spinning, and planting Warrior with a Rude Awakening! Rude swivels his hips, then slides out of the ring, as Perfect lifts Warrior to his feet...PERFECT PLEX!!! Rude has awoken the ref, and the three count is elementary... Warrior has been screwed!

Winner and Number One Contender to the WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship: Mr. Perfect

Hennig wastes no time in exiting the ring, as he joins Rude, the Punisher, and Heenan on the outside. The trio of wrestlers join in raised hands, as Heenan stands in front of them, all of them laughing at the now awake, and irate Warrior. The last image we see tonight is of the new look 'Heenan Family'.

Overall: 77

Televison Rating on the USA Network: 5.42

Pittsburgh, Penn

Hours after Prime Time Wrestling

Well, my first show on location, and I can say that besides a couple of incidents, I think it went off well.

Bad news first, I've always been that way.

Big John Studd found himself staring at a pinkslip after his performance and outburst. I don't have times for guys who bring nothing to the table. Hogan and Warrior may have attitudes, but at least the fans pay money to see them and buy their shirts. Studd was stopping progress, and hopefully he can find work somewhere.

But even before that there was shit with Brutus Beefcake. Seems he thinks that because he's Hogan's friend he can get away with a little more then everyone else. Too bad I talked with Terry and he's cool with using him as an example. Was suprised at that. Bruti found himself looking at a three month suspension and a demotion to New York Championship Wrestling. I have too many egos to be pandering.

On to the good news. NYCW held a show this weekend. It was a good one too. Booker Huffman, the security guard in the Savage sketch on Prime Time, beat Jim Powers for the New York Heavyweight Title, under his 'GI Bro' gimmick. I was told it was a decent match. I have high hopes for another, more experienced team down there, Dallas Page and Terry Gordy. Usually I wouldn't have guys like that down there, but Page is trying to move from manager to in ring, and I figured Gordy would help him out a lot. The two are really clicking too, they beat the Bruise Brothers, Ron and Don. I heard there was a great match between a kid working a Persian prince gimmick, think he goes by Sabu, and another guy I have high hopes for, a heavyweight who works a junior style, Scorpio. All in all, I'm told it was a great weekend, I hope I can get up there soon to see these kids.

More good news, as I got ahold of a good friend, and a great worker, who was in Japan, and is looking to come back to the states. Stan's a great guy, he'll fit right in.

On a parting note, it was funny when Vince kidded with me about turning us into the 'NWA North'... don't know where that one came from :shifty:

Anyway, till next week.

Grade of A.

I liked it. I really liked it. I had a feeling that Studd was gonna get the old heave ho after no selling for the newest member of The Heenan Family. You just can't no sell for an obvious Hoss who's probably a Blue Chipper to boot and expect to get away with it, especially when your best days are so far behind you. I am really digging on The Masked Punisher for some reason.

GO JOE! indeed.

I told you The Rock-N-Roll Express were great. Seriously, you have a plethora of Tag Teams here, and most are good, but you can never have too many GREAT Tag Teams. Imagine a match featuring The Hart Foundation, The rockers, and The Rock-N-Roll Express. Imagine if The Rockers, obvious copycats of The RNRE decided to get pissed about these OTHER guys showing up. Now I'm fantasy booking a fantasy booking.

Really loved this show, especially the Macho man segments. The King Harley race was good, and I NEVER saw that coming. I hope he remains on the scene, as he's much better than that OTHER President guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

Good job, lackey, good job.

TGC

Look at me I read a Syco show! Well I'll do this really simply and split my comments into Pros and Cons.

Pros:

I love Hogan! You have him down perfect so dont you dare chuck him to the side for more desireable workrate type guys. He is the highlight for me.

The Vader countdown is pretty wicked. Make me interested in his debut.

Randy Savage going insane is always fun. I like all the old school guys at the headquarters.

You are building up your big show really well.

The Heenan Family is koo. I remember you telling me The Punisher wasnt going to be pushed so hard though ;)

Cons:

Too many little aside comments. I didnt feel like I was watching a show. I felt like I missed Prime Time and then went to my buddy Syco and you told me what I missed. While it may work for some people it is going to take me a while to get used to.

Matches are a bit short, but thats more a personal preferance than a writing problem.

Finally the one thing that really hurts this diary in my opinion. TOO MUCH SMARKY TYPE REFERENCES! I was into reading that Savage segment and wondering what he was up to and then "HEY KIDS LOOK IT'S BOOKER T" totally took me out of the segment. Way too much "wink wink" type stuff in my opinion. You can try and clue us into to who people really are, but keep it a bit more subtle or put it in a different post after the show or something. These type of comments take alot away from your shows in my opinion.

In closing:

I am extremely excited that this diary has made it so far. Keep it up and I will keep reading for sure. Oh and one last thing VIVA LA HOGAN! :lol:

The Rock N Roll Express debuting was a great idea. They will greatly help out the tag team division.

Good Hogan promo. Building up to the DiBiase match. No doubt it won't be a good match, but the promos alone could make it interesting.

I like that Mr. Perfect beat Ultimate Warrior. Now the Hennig Family controls the IC title and the top contenders spot. I am wondering if this will see Heenan try to keep Perfect from getting his spot, telling him to keep Rude as the champion for as long as possible, but Perfect eventually wants his shot. Something like that, perhaps, will come out of it.

Good thing with Big John Studd being released. No need for useless crap like him.

Current Card for WWF Saturday Night Main Event

May 28th, 1989

WWF Intercontinental Title

'Ravishing' Rick Rude © vs. Mr. Perfect

WWF World Tag Team Titles

Demolition © vs. The Brainbusters

WWF World Title Number One Contenders Match

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts vs. 'Macho Man' Randy Savage

Handicap Match Challenge

The Masked Punisher with Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan challenges ANY tag team in the WWF to a 2 on 1 Handicap Match!

~ Courtesy Dirtsheet Weekly

Retro Syco is interesting. I'm used to the 3 B's.

I'm still getting used to it, but overall I'm liking it. Quick question .... weren't Don/Ron the BLU Bros ? Or is that something you changed ?

Anyway ... the promo spots are on for the most part. I agree with the Hennig over Warrior despite being a Warrior mark (retro warrior that is).

DON'T SIGN MEAN MARK ! You already have the monster you need. USE HIM ~ !

I'm liking the direction. Don't kill it :)

Retro Syco is interesting.  I'm used to the 3 B's. 

I'm still getting used to it, but overall I'm liking it.  Quick question .... weren't Don/Ron the BLU Bros ?  Or is that something you changed ? 

Anyway ... the promo spots are on for the most part.  I agree with the Hennig over Warrior despite being a Warrior mark (retro warrior that is).

DON'T SIGN MEAN MARK !  You already have the monster you need.  USE HIM ~ !

I'm liking the direction.  Don't kill it :)

I hate just responding to shit, but I was waiting for you to reply :P

Well, that and you asked a question...

As for the Harris Brothers, no, they weren't the Blu's yet, in fact, they weren't in the company yet.

And about Mean Mark... umm... too late... :blush:

but I was waiting for you to reply

:wub:

Ahh ... they weren't the Blus yet. Gotcha. I knew they weren't in the company yet, but couldn't remember if they were going by the Blu monicker or if the WWF gave em the name. I like the Bruise Bros better anway, fits the time better and they might actually stand a chance.

Guest Hyperactive4

Great diary, except for one thing that keeps bugging me, haha..

The Blue Blazer.. back in the day he was never refferred to as even being a member of the hart family, much less reffered to as his real name, although there were several 'in-jokes' made by commentators etc..

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

SuperStars

Gorilla Monsoon welcomes us to the studio, where he's joined by the young Mike Tenay, as Brain is off on 'Heenan Family business'. Monsoon welcomes Tenay, who's says its an honor to be here next to a true legend in the business. The two then run down the card, and talk a little about recent happenings in the WWF.

Finally, they introduce the first match, which features 'The New Nature Boy' Terry Taylor.

[Tape Feed]

Cut to the ring where a young man, smallish by most WWF standards, stands in the ring, his most outstanding attribute being his flowing, long, blonde, hair. He is announced as Jerry Lynn, from Minneapolis, Minnesota. Now, I've heard this kid can go, but we all know that if your in the ring by yourself, awaiting your opponent, when we go to the ring, its not a good thing.

Lynn waits, bouncing from side to side, loosening up, as Thus Sprach Zarathus hits, heralding 'The New Nature Boy' Terry Taylor's entrance. Taylor takes his time, preening for the crowd. He flaunts his hair, which is growing out into much more of a Ric Flair style, and does a little strut on his way to the ring, showing off his robe. He climbs into the ring, demanding that Lynn be made to back up, even though Lynn is nowhere near Taylor.

Jerry Lynn vs. Terry Taylor

This one was little more then a showcase to make Taylor look good. Taylor landed all of his... I mean, Ric Flair's, trademark moves, including, suprisingly with the theme of the match, the face plant after Lynn reversed some chops in the corner into some of his own. Taylor cheated throughout the match, and yelled at the crowd that he was the 'Dirtiest player in the game, today!', before getting caught on the top rope and launched off. Finish came when Taylor chop blocked Lynn's leg from behind and locked on the Figure Four Leglock forcing Lynn to submit to the ref.

Winner: Terry Taylor

Taylor celebrates outside the ring as we go back to the studio.

Monsoon and Tenay both put over Taylor as an up and comer, someone who will be a force to be reckoned with sooner rather then later. No mention of Flair is made of course, but they go about as close as they can without it. Another interesting note, nothing that could be construed as bad or disparaging towards Naitch is said, likely because of Arn Anderson being in the company.

Monsoon then says that even though Heenan isn't here tonight, he's not going to go a day without talking, because thats not the kind of guy that The Brain is. Tenay speaks about the great teams and men that Heenan has lead, and that he dosen't think that there are any three men more dangerous then 'Ravising' Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, or The Masked Punisher. Monsoon agrees, and sends us to the tape.

[Tape Feed]

Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan stands in front of his 'Family', consisting of 'Ravising' Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, and The Masked Punisher. Heenan looks at the camera, then at the three men, two of whom stand with cocky smirks on their face, while The Punisher looks on menacingly under his mask. Rude keeps tapping the WWF Intercontinental Title, never one to let us forget the gold that he holds.

Bobby Heenan: ' What you humanoids fail to realise is that it takes a man of superior intellect to lead men of superior talent. What you saw Monday night was just the beginning, the beginning of a revolution, the beginning of dominance. Take this man, this... champion... Ravishing...Rick...Rude.'

Rude steps forward, cockily smiling and making sure everyone notices the IC title.

Heenan: ' This man defeated your hero, that maniac... the Ultimate Warrior, clean, one, two, three, in the ring. He did what you humanoids thought impossible, but what you need to learn is that nothing is impossible when your as good as these men, you need to educate yourselves about talent. Now, Monday, not only did Rick make his presence felt to the Warrior, but he, as a fighting champion, also let the rabble decide his next opponent. And out of the rabble stepped a man among men, a man I know well, Mr. Perfect.'

Perfect takes his step forward, cockily chomping his gum and toying with his towel. He does his patented towel toss behind his back, catching it, of course, perfectly.

Heenan: ' And last, but certainly not least, the muscle, the brawn behind the Brain, the most dangerous man in professional wrestling today, The Masked Punisher. I ask you humanoids, tell me, have you ever seen a man as dominanting, as powerful, as agile, all in one package? I think not. I would know, I am smarter then you after all.'

The Masked Punisher dosen't step forward, but grunts, drawing attention towards himself. It is apparent that he is not as egocentric as the others, but still, not the odd man out.

Heenan: ' These three men, this... family, are the future. Humanoids, prepare to be amazed, to see things you thought impossible, this is your glimpse into the future, this is the light in your sad pathetic lives. Be warned, and beware.'

Heenan motions for the three to leave, and they do, but not before Rude gets his closeup before he walks off.

[Commercial Break]

Monsoon and Tenay welcome us back, and say we have a great matchup between 'The Blue Blazer' Owen Hart and 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase's 'Head of Security' Virgil coming up, but first, we have a small clip submitted by an 'anonymous' source, concerning Slick and The Big Bossman.

[Tape Feed]

We are appear to be backstage at a WWF event, due to the many people buzzing around. In fact, I see Tim Horner standing talking with Koko B. Ware. The camera turns down a corridor, and shows Slick standing talking to The Big Bossman. Its obvious that it is a hand held camera, as it bobs up and down and side to side. We catch the tail end of what Slick is saying.

Slick: ' So what I'm saying to you daddy, is that the Slickstah knows who da problem is. Its not you, its...'

Out of the corner of his eye, Slick sees the camera. He motions to Bossman, who turns.

The Big Bossman: ' Hey! Who are you?!?'

Bossman starts to come over to the camera, but it switches off, leaving us with a blank screen.

A short studio segment, as Monsoon and Tenay discuss what happened, and question just who could have possibly sent it. They come to no conclusion, and send us to the match.

[Tape Feed]

DiBiase's music is playing as Virgil makes his way down to the ring alone, in black and white striped pants. He tries to look menacing, but the crowd's not really buying it, as they give him very little in the way of heat.

Virgil stands in the ring as some unfamiliar music hits, but the man that comes out is not unfamiliar to the crowd. Owen Hart makes his way out, for the first time without his Blue Blazer outfit for a match, in a simple black, with pink outline, singlet, and slaps a few hands on his way to the ring. He slides inside, and the two opponents face off.

Virgil vs. Owen Hart

Virgil opens up with power offense, but it dosen't work out for him, as Owen turns the tide with a sweet flying leg lariat. Owen locks on a modified version of his brothers specialty, the Sharpshooter, but Virgil is too close to the ropes, forcing a break. Virgil rolls out of the ring, trying to get a moment of rest, but Owen ends that by plancha-ing over the ropes! Both men are down on the outside, as the ref makes the count, and the crowd turns to the entrance way, where Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart stands! Anvil stands, making no move to go to the ring, and strokes his goatee, as Owen rises and rolls Virgil into the ring. Owen finally sees Neidhart, and turns, allowing Virgil to the distraction, as he spins Owen around, but Owen kicks! Virgil catches it, looking to hit what looks to be a dragon screw, but Owen is too quick, and nails an Enziguri to end the match!

Winner: Owen Hart

After the match, Owen stood on the ropes, staring intently at Neidhart, who simply clapped, nodded his head, and walked away. Owen then walked out as well, on the guard for a possible attack.

Fade out into the image of Stan Hansen just destroying people with the Lariat. A voice over informs us that it is the most feared move on any continent, from here to Japan, and that it can take any man down, no matter how big or tough. The final clip shows Hansen, in full on cowboy garb, standing with a bullrope with a cowbell attached, and the tag line 'Stan Hansen - Prime Time Wrestling'. I guess he's debuting on Monday.

[Commercial Break]

Straight back to the ring from the break, where Barry Horowitz and The Brooklyn Brawler stand in the ring, going over strategy together. Barry tugs on the ropes, as the Aussie Outback music of The Bushwackers hits, and the loveable sheepherders make their way out, 'bushwacking' and licking heads as they go.

The Bushwackers vs. Barry Horowitz and The Brooklyn Brawler

A short squash, with a side of storyline, as the Bushwackers go to town on the Brawler and Barry, clubbering them around the ring, to the semi delight of the fans. During the match, we are informed that The Bushwackers are the team that has stepped up to challenge The Masked Punisher in the handicap match at Saturday Night Main Event. Moments after that, Luke and Butch nail the Battering Ram on Horowitz for the finish.

Winner(s): The Bushwackers

[End Feed]

Monsoon and Tenay put over The Bushwackers, but say that any team would have trouble with The Masked Punisher. They also announce that it is not under tag team rules, and that all three men will be in the ring at the same time, a huge advantage for The Bushwackers.

They then introduce a pre-taped interview with 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase.

[Tape Feed]

Ted DiBiase is standing backstage with Sean Mooney. Virgil, of course, has taken is usual bodyguard position behind DiBiase, arms crossed. Mooney starts the interview.

Sean Mooney: ' Mr. DiBiase, you have become the number one contender for Hulk Hogan's WWF World Title, do you have anything to say about that?'

DiBiase looks at Mooney, annoyed, then takes the mic.

Ted DiBiase: ' Don't worry Mooney, I'll take over, and if you get fired, you can always come work for me. On second thought, how about not... muahahahahahahahaha!'

Mooney looks at DiBiase like a child who just got scolded.

DiBiase: ' As for Hulk Hogan, he wants to go on and on, and talk about the power of Hulkamania, and how it will lead him to victory, but what he does not realize is that while money may not buy happiness, it will indeed buy victory, and I have an offer for ANYONE in the WWF who wants to make themselves a mint! All you have to do is take out Hulk Hogan... and Ten Thousand Dollars is yours!'

Virgil now lights up in the back, and moves forward, but DiBiase waves him back.

DiBiase: ' Employees are not eligible I'm afraid.'

Virgil looks down, and has a half angry, half sad look on his face.

DiBiase: ' However, the rest of you are, so get out there, and bring me his head! I told you Hogan, every man has a price... FOR THE MILLION DOLLAR MAN!'

DiBiase throws his head back and laughs his trademark laugh, as we fade to commercial.

[Commercial Break]

Back from break, and Tenay is joking that for $10,000 he might have to try his hand at Hogan. Gorilla laughs, and says that if this was ten years ago, that money would be his. They then introduce our next match, between the all American 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, and Bad News Brown.

[Tape Feed]

Bad News Brown is out first, and he dosen't look happy. Then again, does he ever? He refuses the reach of the crowd, and walks purposefully to the ring, before climbing in. The ref asks to check his boots, and Brown threatens him, getting in his face, causing the ref to back up and drop the issue.

Duggan is out second, 'Ho-ing' his way down the aisle, swinging his 2x4. He takes a moment to salute an American flag that a fan has brought, before climbing in, where Brown jumps him, starting the match.

Bad News Brown vs. Jim Duggan

Brown uses the element of suprise in the early going, with his Pearl Harbor attack on Duggan taking its toll,and allowing him to control the all American. Brown drops Duggan with a head butt, and gets two, but thats when the tides turn, as Duggan starts feeling the crowd, and goes on the offensive. A kick to the gut, a clothesline, and a body slam lead to a long two. Duggan pops up and starts 'Ho-ing' to the crowd, signalling for the Three Point Stance Shoulderblock, as Brown struggles to his feet. Duggan charges, but Brown saw it coming, and dives out of the way, as Duggan crashes into the turnbuckle. Brown slides behind him, and tries to drop him with a neckbreaker, but Duggan slips out, and drops Brown with a back body drop. Brown is down, and Duggan runs around the ring, signalling that he's going to go for his finisher again. Brown uses the ropes to stand up, and this time the Three Point Stance Shoulderblock CONNECTS! Brown is done, as Duggan gets the elementary three count.

Winner: Jim Duggan

Duggan leaves through the crowd, celebrating with his people, as Brown struggles to his feet, holding his head. The ref tells him what happens, causing Brown to become enraged! GHETTO BLASTER TO THE REF! That's gonna cost Bad News, as he walks off, grumbling to himself, as the show ends.

Overall: 63

Television Rating: 2.21

I liked how you used Jerry Lynn. I'd love to see him play the role of the 1-2-3 Kid and be a jobber for a while and eventually win a match. He'd be a good addition to your WWF.

I really like the New Naitch. Good work with himl I can see a Intercontinental Championship run in his future.

The promo by the Brain talking about his three men - Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, and the Masked Punisher - was good. You portray Heenan well and I like the stable. Though it is relatively small compared to a normal Heenan Family, it is still good.

I am not really sure what to make out of the Slick - Bossman segment. Can't really see where that one is going.

I like this deal between the Hart Foundation and Owen Hart. It seems it can go either way - with Owen either with or against them. Should be interesting to see how it all comes to head.

Stan Hansen is going to be tearing it up in that ring soon. Can't wait for that.

I liked that you booked matches for Saturday Night during one of the matches. Bushwackers will get destroyed by the Masked Punisher. Nice.

Good promo by Ted DiBiase. Can't wait to see the outcome of the DiBiase-Hogan match. As much as I'd love to see DiBiase finally get what he so rightfully deserved, I am sure Hogan is keeping the belt. I also liked you did the classic bounty angle with DiBiase putting a bounty out on Hogan's head. I am interested to see who will pick that one up. I can see it being Savage, though. Maybe not?

I had no interest in the main event, however, as I don't like either one.

Good show. Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...