MVP Baseball 2005

Cole

This game looks good. The spring training and build a park feature should be good...I haven't played it yet but I'm hoping to get it this weekend

Has anyone played it or have it?

How is it?

Please tell me about it :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played , heck just finished playing it a while ago. It's a great game probably the best baseball game out today , but it has some things that I think could use some work.

1. When you play owner mode you have to create a new ballpark for the team you chose to play as. This would be good if you could create a team but why build a new stadium for a pro team that already has a stadium ? They could have easily made it so you would ahve to purchase upgrades for the current stadium.

2. In create a player , the height and body build detemines your weight , no more adjusting the weight to your real life counter part. Probably did this to prevetn people from having 7 foot 500 lb players online I dunno . I do like the other features of create a player though.

3. Gameplay wise everything is top notch . If you played any of the other MVP's then this game won't be new to you. I love the pitching and batting even though I cannot for the life of me hit a homerun. I also cannot get the hitters eye function to work.. But overall the gameplay is what makes this game shine . In conjuction with the gameplay , the graphics are pretty good too , if you've played any Ea sports title then you know the graphics of MVP 2005 , things are more polished but the menu's and stuff lack in quality unlike ESPN series. I"m not saying the graphics are bad , they work for the game but ESPN's graphics are flashier. One thing I love about the game is the animation , the guys make plays just like pros . From sliding head first catching a ball and throwing it from your knees to get the runner out on first , to ramming the catcher at the home plate hoping he'll drop the ball allowing you to score. it's all there.

5. A new feature is the ability to have your manager argue witht he umps. On close plays a replay will show and the user can press triangle to have the manager come out and have a word with the ump. Supposedly the ump cna make bad calls and if your manager takes things the right way the ump might reverse the call. I don't know if it actually works becasue my manager keeps getting ejected from the game , causing the AI to take over substitutions , defensice alignment and etc. all your do is bat , run and pitch.

overall its a great game and I hope to buy it soon , I'm thankful for my friend letting me borrow this excellent game.

One thing I absolutely loved about MVP and 2k5 were the variables. Umps can blow calls, managers can argue with said umps, and it can affect the way the game is called down the line and even in a series.

Case in point, in an inter-league series on MVP, I thought Curt Schilling was getting WAY too many calls in his favor on the outside corner, whereas Smoltzy was getting reemed. Eventually, the manager comes out to play. Even though he was ejected, the rest of the game saw Smoltz get calls towards his favor on the outside corner.

Dynasty Mode is WAAAY harder to make trades in as you have to take into account your budget for every move.

I enjoy Owner Mode more cause I like absolute control.

While you do have to build a new stadium, you can still choose to play in your old one.

Dynasty Mode is WAAAY harder to make trades in as you have to take into account your budget for every move.

I enjoy Owner Mode more cause I like absolute control.

While you do have to build a new stadium, you can still choose to play in your old one.

I bought the game last weekend and have been having a blast with it all week. Owner Mode is a blast since managing all of your coasts is just as important was winning games. I like the custo parks althought they feel like Single A field's for the first few seasons.

I have a killer squad right now with the Jays. I robbed the Mets of David Wright by trading Koskie and some jobber AA relif pitcher for him. I got Cabrera of the Marlins and Peavy off the Padres too. I went 82-80 in my first season and am now approching the All-Star break in season two where I lead the AL East by 5.5 games over the Red Sox.

I'm finding it tough to hit the ball , everynow and then I'll get luckily and drill one to the outfield but mostly I hit pop flys.

Also anyone else have problems hitting a pitch thats low in the corners (Inside or out) for some reason I cannot hit pitches in those areas

Guest Cereal Killer

I like MVP 2005 and like the fact that they changed the Dynasty Mode some. Like you can't trade a worthless guy that's making multi-millions (Darren Dreifort) to the Yankees for a scrub just because they have more money and can take the salary on. It makes the game more challenging.

I didn't care for Owner mode too much because having to build a new stadium for an already established team is kind of weak. I wish you could just modify you're original one.

Guest Bluesman

I honestly can't remember a game that fixed all of my problems from the previous version. The fielding issues, K's on 3-2 counts, etc. everything has been fixed. I love the additions to create a player, with the star potential as well as the hot/cold zones, pitch angles, and how much you swing/take on certain pitches. I have yet to fully incorporate some of the other new features (arguing, pitch reading) but I'm sure I will enjoy them as well. Very good game.

Guest Bluesman

No, there are 2 different modes. There is the dynasty mode, and then there is owner mode where you build the new stadium. So if you don't want to miss around with the stadiums and fianances (aside from team payrolls of course) choose the dynasty mode.

Guest homerjfry

I love this game. It really captures the whole basball spirit. My only question: Is there anyway to endlessly use the opening "EA Sports" plug on that chick dressed up as an Angel, in front of Angles Stadium? What a fox!

Guest Bluesman

Well, a big one (at least for me) is the inclusion of single-A teams. I've seen others that have said trades are easy to make, whereas I have a difficult time unless I turn fair trades off. Also, one thing I think they added is that you can allow for the size of teams budgets. I also read people say that it is easier to make deals around the deadline, and that often times you have to match up salary in trades. I've made it about a month through my dynasty, so that's all I can give you.