MVP Baseball 2005

Cole

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluesman

Yea, Pro is starting to get easier for me as well. Even with my inability to hit HR's (and very few extra base hits) and get k's, as well as my penchant for giving up a bunch of hits, I seem to do quite well. I've started tearing it up in manager mode as well, which I started using since my relievers were getting pissed because only one of them would appear in a game...

Guest ClearTheBong

I play on All-Star but I use sliders I found on another site. They make the game ultra realistic. This is by far the best sports game I have ever played. It's amazing.

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

BLAH start off right on MVP thats what I'm doing. I mean I got 162 games to improve. The problem I have had so far is that I leave my pitchers in there to long and on MVP they feast on that shit. I've been ejected from every game this season so far as well :)

Did they fix the "lefty glitch" left in 2004?

Also, is there still the huge jump in the ball-to-strike ratio from Pro to All-Star as there was? I was (and still am, actually) tearing up Pro level, but All-star level pitchers never seem to throw anything over the plate. I always hear that "be patient" idea, but I'm not playing a game to sit there and watch the pitcher throw pitches, I want to hit the damn ball.

Guest Bluesman

Yep, the lefty glitch is gone.

There are the sliders for CPU pitch control, as well as how often they throw balls. So far I've been able to get it so they throw almost nothing but balls (especially late in games) to almost nothing but strikes.

I started a Owner mode with the Jays traded away Batista and some catcher and got Eddie Gudardo (SP?) and Paul Quantril (SP?) and I got Brad Fullmer from FA.

I beat Tampa Bay the first game 3-2 and pitched 7 and 2/3 with Halladay throwing 7 strikeouts...I hit 2 bombs so they where all of my runs and didn't give any up. Tampa only had like 4 hits as I had about 10.

The only thing I have problem with is..even when I beat a team in a close game..I take my pitcher out and they keep theres in because even though they give up 3 or 4 runs they only have like 40 pitches!

DAMMIT! I wish I was patient.

Is there anyone here that is patient and can wait for a good pitch and goes into deep counts?

I only take pitches when I get pissed off about missing left and right...then I take pitches for practically the entire half-inning. Doubles their pitch count, and eventually they'll cruise one down the pipe and the apple's going up for another round-tripper.

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

In my franchise I took the reds and traded Griffey JR to the Yankees for Kevin Brown. I got a bunch of contact hitters like Ruben Gotay and Robb Quinlen for some minor league pitchers as I'm moving them on to a new ERA. I lost every game against the computer on MVP. I don't have the paitence to wait, even when I know its a ball I still swing. But I won the games against my little brother. I'm 4 and 3.

I don't know whats goign on in my owner mode . I started a fantasy draft with The Texas Rangers. I get several good hitters Chone Figgins , kenny Lofton and etc and several good pitchers. After 4 games my pitching is doing good but everyone in the line up has a batting average of .000 all they hit are pop flys . Tried upping the difficulty to pro so thing. I don't know whats going on

Damn doc, thats really weird. Wish I could help ya on fixing that.

Does anyone know how to view all awards given out at the end of the year? Like Cy Young, MVP, Rookie Of The Year. I saved my owner mode and backed it up after the first season and retired. It had an overview of my career and said I had won the Cy Young, ROTY and division title, but I can't find how to view those other award winners.

Guest Muthafawkkinmatt

you have to wait till about the middle of the season I believe. Thats how it was last year and then you go to league news. Press L1 and R1 to sort through MVP races, Cy Young races and All Star voting.

Guest Bluesman

Any good ideas for some guys that are good speed/walk guys? I'm using the Twins (altered a bit), and wouldn't mind getting another guy who can draw walks and get steals, preferably for the top of the lineup.

I could put him in LF (Kubel), 2B (Rivas), or DH (Ford). Guys I could give up include Jacque Jones, Kyle Lohse (Mays is in the 'pen with Felix Hernandez in AAA), Ford, Jason Bartlett, and Kubel (Delmon Young will be in RF in '06).

It's not a pressing need really, I just noticed that I've really only got Mauer, and myself (created as a leadoff SS who steals bases and get on base) who can draw walks.