WCW 1996

Cole

What the hell. Sting faces Ric Flair for Hogans Title shot? What if Sting wins? Doesn't that make him automatically number one contender for the belt by beating the champion? Uhm. Perfect WCW Style booking mate. Im totally confused lol.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try not to do this but I'm going to respond to some feedback...in a non-diary related post.

Prototype, Eric Bischoff was already an on-screen character...As said in his promo "I'm back and I'm better then ever" Not "I'm Here"..."I'm Back" Maybe he wouldn't have called himself EZE at the time but...hell. I did it...It's a new Bischoff character...not face not heel..I think it's a tweener? :)

EZE...I'm not going to answer your question just yet. You'll get yours soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...

user posted image

WCW Insider (Volume 1)

Welcome to the WCW Insider, I’m Cole Killingbeck and I’ve been hired to report all the inside news that you don’t get on Nitro! During this weekly update, I’ll inform you of the happenings and reasoning on what’s happening in World Championship Wrestling. I hope you enjoy.

Last week, on Nitro. WCW President Eric Bischoff returned and what did this mean for WCW? It meant changes! Bischoff un-veiled a new WCW logo (This is the first of three new logos, The first logo was WCW’s new logo and the next two are for Nitro and Saturday Night) The next thing was to get a new contender for the WCW United States championship (currently held by Scott Steiner) The match was between Hennig (the last challenger at the belt) and the ex-champion One Man Gang. The last change, to give the Tag Titles a number one contending team. Bischoff decided to act on the challenged laid out by The Road Warriors to the champs Harlem Heat. The Road Warriors had to face The Blue Bloods (Steven Regal and David Taylor) where if they won, they got their shot at Superbrawl 6. The Road Warriors took their chance and made something of it beating The Blue Bloods and securing their title shot.

Eric Bischoff’s night seemed to be done until Ric Flair and The Horsemen came out and had some very cocky words, saying that “Hogan and Sting can’t match up to them” after they’re beating The Horsemen laid on Hogan And Sting last week after a heated exchange. This led Hogan and Sting out to try and defend them selves. Hogan came out and asked Ric Flair for a title shot, Eric Bischoff quickly came out. Bischoff then gave Hogan a chance but only if Sting could beat Ric Flair next week, and in the case Sting won. Hulk Hogan would face Ric Flair at Superbrawl for the World Title and Sting would get his hands on Lex Luger. This ended the show and left some fans confused.

From what I’ve learned from WCW. They’re looking to add a Pay Per View worthy match on Nitro to boost the ratings and try and up the ante on Saturday Night as well (with Saturday Night playing high lights of the match. More On the Saturday Night situation later) Another thing people have been asking is, If Sting won wouldn’t that make him the number one contender? The answer, Yes…But in WCW’s eyes with storyline purposes on the line there going to go with Sting vs. Ric Flair nothing on the line except the two matches at Superbrawl.

Now onto the Saturday Night topic. According to my sources backstage, TBS has been un-happy with the ratings that Saturday Night has been getting compared to Nitro. They realize that there’s a difference in quality but they think the ratings should be at least 2.10 rather then the 1.90’s Saturday Night has been around. The highest rating has been 2.03 and the lowest 1.93. Hopefully with some highlights of Sting vs. Flair and a good main event for a few weeks, they should get up to the 2.10 level before TBS pull the plug. From what I’ve heard, we’ve been given 2 weeks to get there.

That’s all for now, I hoped you enjoyed the first edition of the WCW Insider and for now. I’m Cole Killingbeck and I’m out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: I hoped you liked the new feature. To me it kind of seemed like a run down of Nitro but I’m just looking to get it out there currently, if you have suggestions for it. I’m sure you’ll post them.

Edited by Cole37

user posted image

WCW Saturday Night Preview For January 27th 1996

The Boss returned this week on Nitro; we will feature all of the clips from it and more including Hulk Hogan, Sting and The Horsemen if you missed Nitro.

Speaking of The Horsemen, Television Champion Chris Benoit will be in action tonight taking on United States Champion Scott Steiner in a match that will be the Main Event of the night and will give the fans a look at the two champions.

Also in action are Public Enemy and Raven. Who will they be facing? Tune in to see.

Saturday Night on TBS, at 6:05 PM EST.

user posted image

WCW Saturday Night, January 27th 1996

Live From Laramie, Wyoming

Larry Zybysko and Mike Tenay welcome us to the show and say that we will see some great action here tonight. They hype up the card, then move onto Eric Bischoff coming back to WCW on Nitro and show us a video.

Eric Bischoff: Ladies and Gentleman! Welcome To WCW Monday Nitro!

The crowd pops

Bischoff: And tonight, E-Z-E returns. You see, I’ve been away from World Championship Wrestling for a while, but my reasons for absence are good ones. As I was fulfilling the duties of a President and I’m sure you fans will be as happy as I am about what I’ve done. You see, I spent my time away from WCW in getting a new superstar. One that will leave a huge mark in WCW, forever.

The crowd cheers from the prospect of a new star.

Bischoff: But, that’s still awhile away.

Crowd boo’s a bit

Bischoff: But, I’m not going to leave you un-satisfied because during my time away. The inmates were running the asylum, and tonight. I, Eric Bischoff, World Championship Wrestling President have taken back control and that control will be shown tonight as, we have some things to change and that first change tonight comes, with a new World Championship Wrestling logo.

A new logo appears on the screen

user posted image

Bischoff: Beautiful isn’t it? Now, that was change one of the many coming for WCW as now. I’m back and I’m better then ever.

Bischoff drops the mic and walks into the back.

Whoa big win for the Crippler. Watch him drop the TV title to One Man Gang next week.... (which wouldnt of been a problem back in the eighties, OMG was good for what he was).

• 3 weeks later...

user posted image

WCW Monday Nitro Preview For January 29th 1996

Live from Colorado, we have the Nitro of the year and it’s going to set Colorado on fire!

As announced last week by president Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair will be taking on Sting in a match where if Sting wins. He gets to face Lex Luger and Hogan faces Flair for the belt both at Superbrawl but, if Flair wins. Neither of those matches can happen.

Also, Speaking on Horsemen. Television Champion Chris Benoit is coming off a hot win and has been heard saying he’s going to make an announcement regarding his title.

Tune in to Nitro to see that and so much more!

Live Monday Night at 9pm EST On TNT!

user posted image

WCW Nitro, January 29th 1996

Live From Fort Collins, Colorado

The show starts with a video from last week’s Nitro.

Flair: Because the Horsemen don’t have a worry in the world! Hogan, Sting, they can’t match up too The Horsemen. Who do they think they are? WOOOO!

The crowd turns on Flair’s comments on Hogan and Sting

Flair: And tonight, The Horsemen continue they’re streak of domination in professional wrestling! WOOOOO! And there’s no one that can stop us! WOOO!

Flair gets cut off by Hulk Hogan’s music sending Hulk Hogan and Sting, Out to the ring! A huge eruptive pop goes through the arena as the two make they’re way down the aisle.

Hulk Hogan: Well let me tell you something Ric Flair, Brother, and that’s Hulkamania is stronger then ever, and when I get my hands on you brother. You’ll feel the wrath of The Hulkster and all the little Hulkster’s around the world! So Ric Flair, all you have to do is give me the shot.

Eric Bischoff’s music hits and comes out from the back and stands on the stage with his microphone and begins to speak

Eric Bischoff: Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! Hulk Hogan your moving way to fast here. Just like I said earlier in the show, we here at WCW. Don’t give Title shots away.

The crowd boo’s

Bischoff: Title shots are earned by winning matches. So, Next week here on Nitro we will have a match that will decide if two matches will happen at Superbrawl…And next week that match is, Sting versus Ric Flair!

The crowd erupts

Bischoff: And if Sting wins. Hogan, you get your title shot at Superbrawl Six and Sting you get Lex Luger the very same night!

The crowd is still going crazy

Bischoff: But, If you lose, Hogan doesn’t get his shot at the gold and you don’t get Luger. So next week, be prepared boys. Be prepared.

Bischoff drops the mic and walks into the back leaving the six men in the ring. Hogan, Flair, Sting and Luger all stare each other down as the show goes off the air.

Overall Rating – 98%

Ric Flair gained overness from this segment.

-

After the video ends, we see Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan sitting at their announce position.

Tony Schiavone: Welcome Ladies And Gentlemen to WCW Nitro! We have an action packed night in store and it all leads up to a match that has happened before and been the “match of the year” and that is, Sting vs. World Champion, Ric Flair.

Bobby Heenan: And that match has Pay Per View implications, where a Sting win would set up Sting vs. Luger and Hogan vs. Flair at Superbrawl or a Flair win having neither of those happening.

Tony: Now Brain, the night starts here. Curt Hennig taking on Norman Smiley.

Curt Hennig vs. Norman Smiley

Hennig just pulls Smiley apart, taking less than five minutes to win the match. After those painful five minutes for Smiley, Hennig ended it with a Hennig-Plex.

Right after the match Hennig grabbed a mic.

Winner By Pin Fall: Curt Hennig

Crowd Reaction: 60%

Match Quality: 72%

Overall Rating: 66%

-

As Smiley was helped out of the ring, Hennig began to speak.

Curt Hennig: Now let me tell you something, at Souled Out, when I faced Scott Steiner, I didn’t come out with the belt and the reason for that is because I made a mistake. I knew I was better and I took a break, which allowed him to win.

Curt drops his head looking at the mat, and then raises back up as he continues.

Hennig: So after that. I trained and trained and trained! And now look at me! I can take out anyone who comes at me! So here tonight I vow, that if I some how lose at Superbrawl. I will never challenge Scott Steiner for the belt for as long as he’s champion.

Hennig drops the mic as we go to commercial.

Overall Rating: 82%

Curt Hennig gained overness from this segment.

-

Commercial

-

We come back to see Rob Van Dam standing in the ring as Kevin Sullivan walks down the aisle alone without Hugh Morrus or The Giant.

Rob Van Dam vs. Kevin Sullivan

The match starts with Van Dam quickly dodging Sullivan’s attacks by sidestepping. After Sullivan missed a clothesline Van Dam hit him straight in the face with a spinning kick. Sullivan held his face in pain and rolled out of the ring as RVD faced the crowd and taunted by pointing his thumbs at himself and yelling “R” the first time “V” the second and “D” the third. Sullivan rolled in as RVD turned around, Van Dam came at him and kicked him in the thighs then hitting another spinning kick when Sullivan grabbed his legs not being able to cover his face.

Van Dam then bounced off the far ropes and flipped in the air landing on Sullivan’s stomach with his back. RVD got up and played to the crowd again. This gave Sullivan a bit of time to recover; he got up and hit a low blow. The referee tried to get in his face about it but Sullivan pushed him then went back to Van Dam. Sullivan then picked Van Dam up and positioned him for a Piledriver. He picked him up and got ready to drive him to the mat when Randy Savages music hit the arena! Sullivan dropped Van Dam to the ground and got ready for Savage to come out. Sullivan waited but Savage didn’t come out, the distraction allowed Van Dam to get up. The music cut and Sullivan turned around right into a Dropkick from Rob Van Dam, Sullivan hit the ropes then bounced back and landed face first into the mat. As Sullivan fell, Van Dam hopped up to the top rope and flew off landing on Sullivan. He then turned him over and pinned, 1…2…3!

After the match Van Dam celebrated a bit and then left as Kevin Sullivan got up and kicked the ropes in anger yelling “Savage!”

Winner By Pin Fall: Rob Van Dam

Crowd Reaction: 64%

Match Quality: 83%

Overall Rating: 73%

Kevin Sullivan is losing overness because of his weak gimmick.

-

We go backstage to see Sting warming up in his locker room, when Hulk Hogan walks up.

Hogan: Sting brother, tonight we both have so much on the line and I just wanted to tell you, the Hulkster’s got your back.

Sting just continues warming up and Hogan pats him on the shoulder then walks out leaving Sting alone in his continued state of concentration.

Overall Rating: 93%

-

Tony: Well, I guess Sting and Hogan have a game plan if The Horsemen try and play the numbers game and take them out, They’re still down four to two but with the power that Sting and Hulk Hogan have they may be able to over-come the odds.

As Tony finished saying that, Chris Benoit came down the aisle in a suit and carrying his Television Title with him.

Brain: Looks like Benoit has something to say, maybe it involves the main event that involves two fellow Horsemen.

Benoit gets into the ring and grabs a microphone

Chris Benoit: The Horsemen.

The crowd boo’s mixed with a few woo’s! At the mention of The Horsemen

Benoit: The Horsemen represents everything wrestling stands for, a Great Charismatic Leader in Ric Flair, An Enforcer in Arn Anderson, The Next Big Superstar in Lex Luger and, An Amazing Technical Wrestler in myself.

Benoit walks around the ring a little bit and continues talking.

Benoit: And with all that skill, each of us has our own jobs in WCW. Flair, Luger and The Enforcer are taking care of Hogan and Sting, but what do I do? I take down anyone that comes at me! But lately, being the Television Champion. I’ve had no one to take out.

Benoit shows off his belt.

Benoit: So starting tonight, two wrestlers will face off with the winner getting a shot at me for MY belt the week after…and that starts, next.

Benoit drops the mic as we go to commercial.

Overall Rating: 84%

-

Commercial

-

We come back to commercial during Liger’s entrance. He enters the ring then Rick Rude comes out in a robe, and slowly walks to the ring taking his time.

Number One Contendership For The Television Title

Rick Rude vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

As soon as Rude took his robe off and threw it to ringside. Rude tried to take Liger down but he dropped Rude down with a drop toehold. Liger followed up with a series of kicks to the back of the head. Liger then tried to hook Rude in for a surfboard but he rolled out when Liger only had one arm grabbed and then hit a short arm clothesline.

After a few minutes of control by Rude, Liger tried to turn the tables again but was un-able to because of Rude’s strength compared to Liger’s. Rude softened Liger up a bit more then hit a Rude Awakening for the win.

Winner By Pin Fall: Rick Rude

Crowd Reaction: 72%

Match Quality: 95%

Overall Rating: 83%

-

Tony: And now we go backstage where Mean Gene is with The Horsemen.

We see Luger, Flair and Arn Anderson standing with Mean Gene all in wrestling attire awaiting the upcoming match.

Mean Gene: Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight we will see Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair take on Sting. These two have had matches a plenty in the past and every time it ends in a way we never forget, and tonight. We see the faith of Hogan, Sting, Luger and Flair on the line. Never have we seen so much on the line in a World Championship Wrestling ring. So here with me, I have World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair.

Mean Gene holds the microphone towards Flair.

Ric Flair: Mean Gene! Tonight! We see the beginning of the end for Hulkamania and The Stinger, because tonight! Sting will suffer at the hands, of the Horsemen. WOOOOO! And where does that leave Hogan? That leaves Hogan with no title shot! WOOOO!

Mean Gene: Well, you heard it here. Back to you Tony.

Overall Rating: 97%

-

Tony: Thank you Gene. We see Sting and Ric Flair! Right after this commercial break! Stick around!

Commercial

-

We come back from commercial and The Brain and Tony greet us.

Brain: Here we go Tony. Sting, Flair right here!

Tony: Yes Brain, we’ve got it right here. On Nitro!

Sting vs. Ric Flair

The two start out the match with a few lock ups that didn’t amount to anything. Then the locked up in a power match but Flair cheated and kicked Sting in the mid section breaking the struggle and gaining the advantage. Flair then put Sting in a headlock and knocked him down to the ground. Flair then worked on Sting with submission holds for a few minutes until he attempted to lock in the Figure Four Leg Lock but Sting kicked him pushing him away when he turned to lock it in.

From there Sting got up and started powering Flair around. He used the tactic for a few minutes using strikes and other moves to knock Flair down and wear him down. Then Sting whipped Flair into the corner and ran behind him hitting a big Stinger Splash! Sting hit it then back peddled a few steps and ran in again hitting another Splash, this one a bit smaller then the last one but none the less it was still a big Splash from Sting. Flair then wobbled out of the corner and landed flat on his face into the mat.

At this point Arn Anderson saw Flair struggling and came down to help him. He jumped onto the ring apron and the ref went over to deal with him when Luger hopped over the ring barrier and threw something to Flair who was on the ground. Flair put it on his hand and got up as Sting was behind the ref trying to get to The Enforcer. Flair turned Sting around and tried to punch him but Sting ducked and pushed the referee out of the way, causing Flair to hit Arn Anderson in the face with the illegal object! Flair was shocked, Sting grabbed his hit and hit a backwards DDT. He followed up by locking in The Scorpion Death Lock; Sting then pulled Flair away from the ropes and left him in the middle of the ring in pain. Flair had no choice but to tap out.

Right as the bell rang, Luger realized what was happening when he was tending to Arn Anderson. Luger slides in the ring and grabbed Sting and knocked him down with a hard clothesline, he then picked him up and put him in the Torture Rack. Flair got up and Anderson got in the ring too, Luger then dropped Sting out of the Torture Rack as the three laid the boots to him as Nitro went off the air as Tony Schiavone was screaming for Hulk Hogan to come to the rescue.

Winner By Submission: Sting

Crowd Reaction: 95%

Match Quality: 78%

Overall Rating: 89%

-

Overall Show Rating: 85%

TV Rating: 6.49

The Attendance: 7009

Ticket Sales: $280360

Hogan doesn't have the Stingers back?

To coin a phrase not invented yet...

WASSUPWITDAT?!

Hogan got what he wanted IMO, and didnt need sting any more... Hogans turning heel slowly.

Guest Prototype

Good show. Rude is a little old to be wrestling at this point in my opinion. I think thw Horsemen had something to do with Hogan not being out there to help Sting.

user posted image

World Championship Wrestling Roster

WCW Roster (As Of February 1st 1996)

Main Eventers

Hulk Hogan – Face – Hero

Lex Luger – Heel – Cocky

Randy Savage – Face – Old School Face

Ric Flair – Heel – Suave

Sting – Face – Unique

Upper Mid-Carders

Arn Anderson – Heel – Enforcer

Scott Steiner – Face – All-American

The Giant – Heel – Monster

Midcarders

Animal – Tweener – Power And Paint

Big Bubba Rogers – Heel – Bad Ass

Booker T – Heel – Sucka

Brain Knobbs – Heel – Slob

Brian Pillman – Heel – Crazy

Brutus – Face – Fun Babyface

Chris Benoit – Heel – No Gimmick Needed

Curt Hennig – Heel – Cocky

Dean Malenko – Heel – Ice Man

Diamond Dallas Page – Heel – Cool (Injured)

Disco Inferno – Face – Fun Babyface

Eddie Guerrero – Face – Old School Face (Returning From Injury)

Hawk – Tweener – Power And Paint

Jerry Saggs – Heel – Slob

Jim Duggan – Face – Pro USA

Johnny Grunge – Heel – Extremist

Jushin Thunder Liger – Face – Foreign Star

Kevin Sullivan – Heel – Cult Leader

Konnan – Heel – Foreign Star

Lord Steven Regal – Heel – Evil Foreigner

One Man Gang – Heel – Monster

Raven – Heel – Loner

Rick Rude – Heel – Ravishing

Stevie Ray – Heel – Sucka

Ultimo Dragon – Heel – Evil Foreigner

Lower Midcarders

Alex Wright – Face – Fun Babyface

Chavo Guerrero Jr. – Face – Old School Face

Hugh Morrus – Heel – Mysterious

Johnny B. Badd – Face – Old School Face

Marcus Bagwell – Face – Old School Face

Meng – Heel – Savage

Michael Wallstreet – Heel – Obnoxious

Norman Smiley – Face – Fun Babyface

Perry Saturn – Face – Bad Ass

Rob Van Dam – Face – Highlight Reel

Rocco Rock – Heel – Extremist

Scotty Riggs – Face – Old School Face

Squire David Taylor – Heel – Evil Foreigner

The Barbarian – Heel – Savage

Openers

Devon Storm – Heel – None

Non-Wreslters

Eric Bischoff – Tweener – Authority Figure

Larry Zybysko – Face – Staff Member

Managers

Jimmy Hart – Heel – Old School Heel (Clients – Hugh Morrus)

Kimberly – Face – Cheerleader (Clients – None)

Sonny Oono – Heel – Evil Foreigner

Developmental Deals

Ace Darling

Bill Goldberg

Billy Kidman

Brian Christopher

Chris Kanyon

David Flair

Glacier

Ice Train

Johnny The Bull

Juventud Guerrera

Kenny Kaos

Kurt Angle

Prince Iaukea

Psicosis

Rey Misterio Jr.

Robby Rage

Scott Norton

Shane Helms

Steve Corino

The Renegade

Tommy Dreamer

Tag Teams

American MalesMarcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs

Harlem Heat Booker T & Stevie Ray

Public EnemyRocco Rock & Johnny Grunge

Road WarriorsAnimal & Hawk

The Blue BloodsLord Steven Regal & Squire David Taylor

The Faces Of FearMeng & The Barbarian

The Nasty BoysBrian Knobbs & Jerry Saggs

Stables

Dungeon Of DoomKevin Sullivan (Leader) Hugh Morrus, Jimmy Hart & The Giant

The Four Horsemen Ric Flair (Leader) Arn Anderson, Lex Luger & Chris Benoit

Titles

WCW World Heavyweight: Ric Flair (Since December 27th 1995)

WCW United States: Scott Steiner (Since January 1st 1996)

WCW Television: Chris Benoit (Since January 14th 1996)

WCW Tag Team: Harlem Heat (Since September 27th 1995)

------------------------------------

OOC: Just wanted to do this at the end of every month to give you guys some updates.

user posted image

WCW Insider (Volume 2)

Welcome to the second edition of WCW Insider, this week we have the recap of Nitro and some more info from the insides of World Championship Wrestling.

First, if you remember last week I talked about the condition WCW Saturday Night was in and if it didn’t hit a higher rating (a 2.10 to be exact) well it got enough to stay on the air and won’t be canceled unless ratings have another slump. Last weeks rating was a 2.14, and it was head lined by United States champion Scott Steiner vs. Television champion Chris Benoit where Benoit won after Steiner’s rival Curt Hennig interfered.

Now, on to Nitro. Kevin Sullivan got a shock when he heard “The Macho Man” Randy Savage’s music. This caused Sullivan to divert his attention from the match at hand with Rob Van Dam and focus on the entrance. Savage’s music continued playing but he didn’t show and Sullivan got hit with a low blow from Van Dam and then a Five Star Frog Splash for the win. I’m sure we’ll hear from Sullivan next week. Next, Hulk Hogan told Sting backstage that he had his back as Sting was pre-paring for his match later on against Ric Flair with title implications where if Sting won, Sting would face Lex Luger and Hogan would face Flair both at Superbrawl but if Flair won, neither of those would happen. The match came and it was a great match as expected, but what Ric Flair match goes through without interference from a Horsemen? None. Right when Sting really started getting some momentum, Arn Anderson came out and the ref went to attend to him when Lex Luger jumped over the barrier and tossed him an illegal object. Flair got the object and went after Sting who went after The Enforcer as well. Flair swung at Sting but he saw it and jumped out of the way as well as knocked the referee out of the way causing Flair to hit Arn Anderson in the face with the object. At that point Flair was shocked and Sting capitalized taking him and finishing him off with a DDT then the Scorpion Death Lock for the submission win. After the match Luger (who was tending to Arn Anderson when Sting won) and Anderson came in and beat on Sting with the help of Flair as the show went off the air.

Where was Hogan you ask? I’ll I can say is, look for this to open the way for many, many things happening in World Championship Wrestling in the next few months.

Superbrawl is now shaping up to be a big event with four matches currently announced. Those are…

Road Warriors vs. Harlem Heat © - World Tag Titles

Curt Hennig vs. Scott Steiner © - United States Title

Sting vs. Lex Luger

Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair © - World Heavyweight Title

I know have something, Exclusive to WCW Insider and that’s two inside scoops I’ve managed to obtain. One being, I’ve heard WCW has secured a deal with now an ex, WWF worker. The superstar has been said to have held a world title and is going to make a big impact in WCW. The second being with Chris Benoit having workers fight each week to find some competition for his Television title, a worker we haven’t seen in awhile will be back and will be in a match that may possibly give him a shot at the TV title.

And that wraps this week’s edition of WCW Insider. Hope you enjoyed this; I’ll be back next week. I’m Cole Killingbeck and I’m signing off.

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

WCW Saturday Night Preview For February 3rd 1996

We’re in Seattle, Washington and we’ll have all the clips from Monday Nitro, including the Sting and Ric Flair match.

Along with that we have, Raven taking on Disco Inferno, Dean Malenko going up against Chavo Guerrero Jr. and much more action

Tune in Saturday Night on TBS, at 6:05 PM EST.

user posted image

WCW Saturday Night, February 3rd 1996

Live From Seattle, Washington

Larry Zybysko and Mike Tenay greet us and run down the card for the night and hype up the clips they’re going to show from Nitro. They then lead us into the first match.

Perry Saturn vs. Konnan

A pretty even match to start, the two matched each other’s moves until Saturn hit a big cross-body pulling the momentum in his way. He then took then and dominated the next couple minutes leading up to him finishing Konnan off with a Death Valley Driver for the three.

Winner By Pin fall: Perry Saturn

Crowd Reaction: 58%

Match Quality: 76%

Overall Rating: 67%

Perry Saturn gained overness from this match.

-

Zybysko and Tenay comment on the match and then talk about Chris Benoit and lead us into the video clip.

Benoit gets into the ring and grabs a microphone

Chris Benoit: The Horsemen.

The crowd boo’s mixed with a few woo’s! At the mention of The Horsemen

Benoit: The Horsemen represents everything wrestling stands for, a Great Charismatic Leader in Ric Flair, An Enforcer in Arn Anderson, The Next Big Superstar in Lex Luger and, An Amazing Technical Wrestler in myself.

Benoit walks around the ring a little bit and continues talking.

Benoit: And with all that skill, each of us has our own jobs in WCW. Flair, Luger and The Enforcer are taking care of Hogan and Sting, but what do I do? I take down anyone that comes at me! But lately, being the Television Champion. I’ve had no one to take out.

Benoit shows off his belt.

Benoit: So starting tonight, two wrestlers will face off with the winner getting a shot at me for MY belt the week after…and that starts, next.

-

After a few minutes of control by Rude, Liger tried to turn the tables again but was un-able to because of Rude’s strength compared to Liger’s. Rude softened Liger up a bit more then hit a Rude Awakening for the win.

Overall Rating: 78%

-

Commercial

-

Rob Van Dam vs. Michael Wallstreet

Wallstreet started the match getting the advantage after poking Van Dam in the eye and then started working his back with some power moves. Wallstreet went to power slam Van Dam but he got out slipping over Wallstreet’s shoulder, Wallstreet turned around and got kicked straight in the face by RVD’s spinning heel kick. Van Dam then played to the crowd doing the “R…V…D” taunt while Wallstreet was on the mat rolling around in pain.

Van Dam picked Wallstreet up and Irish whipped him sending him into the corner. He followed up by running in behind him and spearing him into the corner knocking Wallstreet to the mat, RVD then did a back flip going to the center of the ring and running back towards the corner hoping over Wallstreet then doing a split legged moon-Sault and pinned, 1…2…3!

Winner By Pin fall: Rob Van Dam

Crowd Reaction: 61%

Match Quality: 81%

Overall Rating: 71%

-

Zybysko and Tenay talked about what an amazing athlete RVD is and how much potential he has. They then talked a little about the Sting vs. Ric Flair match that was set to take place on Nitro and then showed a video.

We go backstage to see Sting warming up in his locker room, when Hulk Hogan walks up.

Hogan: Sting brother, tonight we both have so much on the line and I just wanted to tell you, the Hulkster’s got your back.

Sting just continues warming up and Hogan pats him on the shoulder then walks out leaving Sting alone in his continued state of concentration.

-

We see Luger, Flair and Arn Anderson standing with Mean Gene all in wrestling attire awaiting the upcoming match.

Mean Gene: Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight we will see Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair take on Sting. These two have had matches a plenty in the past and every time it ends in a way we never forget, and tonight. We see the faith of Hogan, Sting, Luger and Flair on the line. Never have we seen so much on the line in a World Championship Wrestling ring. So here with me, I have World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair.

Mean Gene holds the microphone towards Flair.

Ric Flair: Mean Gene! Tonight! We see the beginning of the end for Hulkamania and The Stinger, because tonight! Sting will suffer at the hands, of the Horsemen. WOOOOO! And where does that leave Hogan? That leaves Hogan with no title shot! WOOOO!

Edited by Cole

user posted image

WCW Monday Night Nitro Preview For February 5th 1996

Sting allowed he and Hogan to get their title shots at Superbrawl 6 but where was Hogan after the match when Sting, was attacked by The Four Horsemen? Maybe this weeks Nitro will give you some answers! Along with some great action from WCW Superstars like…

Scott Steiner who will be defending his United States title, Chris Benoit and Rick Rude meeting for the Television Title and The Giant along with his fellow Dungeon Of Doom Members!

Tune in for this and more on Nitro, 9pm EST on TNT!

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

WCW Monday Night February 5th 1996

Live From Portland, Oregon

The show starts of with a video from last weeks Nitro

Then Sting whipped Flair into the corner and ran behind him hitting a big Stinger Splash! Sting hit it then back peddled a few steps and ran in again hitting another Splash, this one a bit smaller then the last one but nonetheless it was still a big Splash from Sting. Flair then wobbled out of the corner and landed flat on his face into the mat.

At this point Arn Anderson saw Flair struggling and came down to help him. He jumped onto the ring apron and the ref went over to deal with him when Luger hopped over the ring barrier and threw something to Flair who was on the ground. Flair put it on his hand and got up as Sting was behind the ref trying to get to The Enforcer. Flair turned Sting around and tried to punch him but Sting ducked and pushed the referee out of the way, causing Flair to hit Arn Anderson in the face with the illegal object! Flair was shocked, Sting grabbed his hit and hit a backwards DDT. He followed up by locking in The Scorpion Death Lock; Sting then pulled Flair away from the ropes and left him in the middle of the ring in pain. Flair had no choice but to tap out.

Right as the bell rang, Luger realized what was happening when he was tending to Arn Anderson. Luger slides in the ring and grabbed Sting and knocked him down with a hard clothesline, he then picked him up and put him in the Torture Rack. Flair got up and Anderson got in the ring too, Luger then dropped Sting out of the Torture Rack as the three laid the boots to him as Nitro went off the air as Tony Schiavone was screaming for Hulk Hogan to come to the rescue.

Overall Rating: 94%

-

We cut to the ring where RVD and Steven Regal are standing, Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan greet us and say that they have an action packed night in story and it starts with Rob Van Dam taking on Lord Steven Regal.

Rob Van Dam vs. Lord Steven Regal

The two had different styles but still managed to pull off a pretty good match. Regal dominated the start by brawling with Van Dam to knock him onto the ground and start his technical game, applying a surf board submission that had Van Dam in pain for almost a minute before he managed to escape by standing up and then dropping back down where Regal’s jaw went down on Van Dam’s head causing his head to snap back.

RVD and Regal both got to their feet at the same time. Regal bounced off the ropes and charged at RVD but RVD managed to connect with a Spinning Heel kick straight to Regal’s face. Then Van Dam bounced off the ropes, rolled towards Regal and then flipped in the air hitting Regal’s stomach with his back. He followed up by jumping up to the top rope and hitting a Five Star Frog Splash from the top rope to the center of the ring for the win.

Winner By Pin Fall: Rob Van Dam

Crowd Reaction: 68%

Match Quality: 88%

Overall Rating: 78%

-

Commercial

-

As we come back from commercial, we see The Giant walking down to the ring with Kevin Sullivan. Sullivan gets in the ring with Giant following. Sullivan grabbed a mic.

Kevin Sullivan: Randy Savage! You will pay for what you did last week!

Sullivan yelled into the mic as The Giant stood behind him with his head down

Sullivan: And you will pay at Superbrawl!

Sullivan drops the mic as Disco Inferno comes down to the ring.

Overall Rating: 80%

-

The Giant vs. Disco Inferno

Disco came down the aisle not his usual self, not dancing and looking very scared. As soon as he got in the ring Giant attacked him striking him chest with a big punch sending Disco to get knocked to the ropes. Giant continued his assault, Irish Whipping Disco and then hitting a big clothesline. The Giant picks up the prone body of Disco Inferno and slams him hard to the ground with a Chokeslam and pinning, 1…2…3!

After the match Kevin Sullivan jumped in the ring and taunted the camera, talking about Randy Savage as The Giant left the ring and went to the back walking away with his head down.

Winner By Pin Fall: The Giant

Crowd Reaction: 75%

Match Quality: 74%

Overall Rating: 74%

-

Tony: Giant totally dominated Disco Inferno there. Will Randy Savage have the same fate at Superbrawl? Will he even face Giant at Superbrawl, Brain?

Brain: Tony, You know Savage. He never backs down from a challenge. Obviously the years of beatings have caught up to him.

Tony: Well time will tell. Next we have a United States title match, after the commercial!

-

Commercial

-

We come back from commercial to see Meng standing in the ring awaiting Scott Steiner who was walking down the aisle.

WCW United States Title Match!

Scott Steiner vs. Meng

Meng started the match grabbing Steiner by the throat when Steiner went to punch him. Steiner got out of the move by kicking Meng in groin, sending him to the ground. The referee came over to warn Steiner about doing that but he seemed to ignore him. Steiner took the momentum he gained and picked Meng up off the mat. He then Irish whipped him towards the ropes sending Meng back his way, to get waffled by a hard flying clothesline. Steiner was obviously pumped up. He followed up by suplexing Meng showing off his power. Steiner got Meng up once again and hit a belly-to-belly suplex for the 1…2…3!

The ref went out and got Steiner’s US title when Curt Hennig jump the guard rail coming out from the fans attacking Steiner when he had his back turned celebrating with his fans. Hennig laid the boots to Steiner when he was on the ground then delivered a Hennig-Plex leaving Steiner downed.

Winner By Pin Fall: Scott Steiner

Crowd Reaction: 66%

Match Quality: 78%

Overall Rating: 72%

-

As Tony was yelling about Hennig attacking Bobby said we were going backstage to see the Horsemen. “WOOOOO!”

We saw Flair, Anderson and Luger sitting on two different couches. The Horsemen didn’t have the pretty ladies like always this time it was just them. Luger was on one couch and Anderson and Flair were on the other.

Ric Flair: Tonight, we have to do some damage control boys! Get prepared for Superbrawl! And we’re going to take care of all of our business. So here’s the plan.

The three come closer in to somewhat of a huddle when the door on the room shuts leaving the camera staring at the door of the Horsemen locker room.

Overall Rating: 100%

Ric Flair gained overness from this segment.

-

Commercial

-

Tony: What were Flair and the Horsemen talking about?

Bobby: Dinner plans?

Just as Heenan said that Rick Rude came down the aisle and Tony reminded us of last weeks match between Rude and Jushin Thunder Liger and how Rude won getting him a shot at the Television Title tonight on Nitro.

WCW Television Title Match!

Chris Benoit vs. Rick Rude

Benoit and Rude put on a great match one of the best we’ve seen and it was a great way to get Benoit’s some more steam and build up the television title. The two put on a great match with Benoit’s technical skill along with Rude’s natural ability to keep the fans in the match and the wrestling skills that he has. The two were going back and forth almost all match battling each other move for move. Suplex for suplex, chop for chop and punch for punch. Even though Benoit is with the Horsemen the crowd wanted to see him win because he’s an exciting young super star and the crowd naturally despises Rude.

Benoit took the back and forth match and countered a standing suplex of Rude’s when he escaped in the air and came down behind Rude and quickly grabbed Rude, giving him a German Suplex then going straight to the top hitting a Flying Headbutt for the 1…2…3!

After the match Benoit celebrated and on his way out of the ring spit on Rude then started to kick him until a familiar music played with a Latin feel to it. The music sent Eddie Guerrero running down the aisle chasing Benoit out of the ring.

Winner By Pin Fall: Chris Benoit

Crowd Reaction: 61%

Match Quality: 97%

Overall Rating: 79%

The WCW Television title has gained in image.

-

Eddie looked down the aisle at Benoit as he walked backwards holding his title. Eddie grabbed a mic from the outside and Benoit stood at the top of the ramp, waiting to hear what Eddie had to say.

Eddie Guerrero: Chris, you’ve changed essé. We used to hang out and you weren’t all stuck up like you are now, man. The horsemen have changed you essé. You need to straighten up and I’m going to do whatever I have to get you back to your old self-Chris.

Benoit just stares at Eddie not really saying anything or making any motions.

Eddie: C'mon essé, what's wrong with you holmes?

Benoit still doesn't move

Eddie: I'll tell you what Chris, I said that I'm going to do whatever it takes to get you back holmes, and that's what I intend to do whether I do it the easy way or the hard way. What do you say Holmes, the easy way? Or, the hard way? Your Choice Chris!

Benoit shakes his head and turns around walking into the back, but returning seconds later with a microphone.

Benoit: I don’t have time for this Eddie! If you want me, then you’re going to have to earn your time with me. So next week you’ll face someone for the right too my time and the chance to win the television title at Superbrawl, good luck.

Benoit drops the mic and walks into the back leaving Eddie in the ring looking ashamed.

Overall Rating: 82%

Eddie Guerrero gained overness from this segment.

-

We go outside to see a big white stretch limo pull up. Hulk Hogan gets out with his street clothes on and a pair of black sunglasses, the camera then shows him walking into the arena.

-

Commercial

-

We come back from commercial to hear Hogan’s music; he comes down to the ring in his street clothes and grabs a mic.

Hulk Hogan: Last week, Sting brother. I told you I had your back then I wasn’t there when you need me. I got a phone call, and I had to leave. Brother, I’m sorry and I will do anything to make it up to you brother. So come out here and we’ll work this out brother.

No one comes out, so Hogan just stands in the middle of the ring with a disappointed look on his face. Hogan drops the mic. Then he yells “Come On Brother!”

We see Luger jump over the guardrail with Arn Anderson. They slide into the ring and jump Hogan from behind. As Ric Flair walks down the aisle, slowly while laughing. Anderson and Luger lay the boots to Hogan as Flair gets into the ring. Anderson and Luger hold Hogan’s body up while he’s on his knees and Flair punches him in the head causing him to bleed. Flair then locks in the Figure Four, but we see Sting at the top of the entrance ramp!

Tony: IT’S STING! STING IS HERE!

Luger and Double A wait for Sting while Flair has the Figure Four locked in on Hogan. Sting just stands at the top of the ramp though not moving just looking on with no facial expression at all. The Horsemen just sit there looking confused but continue to beat down Hogan laying the boots to him while Flair has him locked in the Figure Four.

Schiavone was confused and was yelling about why Sting wasn’t doing anything, as Nitro went off the air.

Overall Show Rating: 87%

TV Rating: 6.42

The Attendance: 7029 People.

Ticket Sales: $281160

------------------------------------------

OOC: Thanks to Alexius helping me get some creative troubles out of the way :)

hmm.. Ill be honest cole, but it seems this diary is getting increasingly stripped down to its bare bones. Theres no depth to it storyline wise. I'm holding on in hope that youll be inspired by your hogan/sting program to develop stuff elsewhere but right now its fizzling :(