Greatest Comebacks

zero

Question is simple really, who in the music and/or movie industry has made the greatest comebacks?

And when I say comeback, they needed to have fallen hard beforehand. I've heard "American Idiot" called Green Day's comeback. No, that doesn't count. Green Day was gone for a couple years, that's it. Nine Inch Nails new album isn't going to count as a comeback either, that's just a few years off radar for touring and the creative process. Who is your favorite actor or musician to damn near hit rock bottom only to come back to amazing success?

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Morrissey's comeback last year was great. He was bashed pretty hard by the media in the UK even for most of his solo career, but that changed when he came back with his first album in 7 years. He also timed his comeback to perfection.

Morrissey's comeback last year was great.  He was bashed pretty hard by the media in the UK even for most of his solo career, but that changed when he came back with his first album in 7 years.  He also timed his comeback to perfection.

I'd have to agree. Especially getting a top 10 album, and 3 top 10 singles (even though Radio 1 refused to play his music).