Season Four Finale of The Shield

Fitzy

I thought that the whole episode was great except for the scene between the black cop (can't remember his name, the one that was almost gay, and then kind of gay, but then not gay) and the little kid in the gang.  For some reason that scene just seemed a little out of place to me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluesman

I think part of it is some of the racial things that have been happening...the kids singing lines from "Fuck Tha Police" and the gangster last night making the remark about the cops wanting his slave name.

I gues you were almost right, Bluesman, about Aceveda. Not that he will rape the woman, but she looks like she will allow Aceveda to do some rough stuff with him like choking her and all that kind of stuff.

I like that Dutch went off on Claudette about not doing what he wanted as he stuck with her for the past six months. Even if it was a stupid case they got stuck with, she should at least do it (which she eventually did, but didn't like doing it).

Shane and Antwon's storyline is really great. I love it. Should be interesting to see Lem and Shane interact at some point during the course of the season now that they both seem to be working with Vic again. Shane telling Antwon about something and then Vic going right around and takes in Antwon's son was good.

Next weeks episode looks to the best one yet. It looks so good.

Guest Bluesman

I wonder if it will turn into a rape situation or not. I'm also curious as to whether or not his ex (who alleged that he raped her) comes into play somehow.

The preview for tonight gives me the impression that Vic is in total control (due to knowing what Shane is up to), yet at the same time it makes it seem like he gets caught off guard. Should be good to see what the result is.

Is it me, or does it seem like the season is moving incredibly quick? Not even halfway through we are at the stage I expected an episode or two from the end of the season. There has to be something big that happens...

Excellent episode tonight. The opening scene with Aceveda and Sara I think her name is was extremely odd. It had me confused whether or not he was actually raping her. Just sick.

The public forum thing was well played out with Acevada stepping in and taking charge and making Rawling's authority mean a lot less than his.

Vic and Ronnie installing one of the hidden cameras in Dutch's car was awesome. Pure gold having him sing "Hungry Like the Wolf."

I liked how Rawlings stepped up for Claudette and forced the DA to step giving them shitty cases, but Duch going off on Claudette was awesome. He never really steps up for himself, but last week and this week he did.

And the ending with Antwon being the guy who killed that girls mother and then took Shane and Army's guns to kill her, to keep himself safe, was an awesome ending. I loved it.

Best episode so far this season.

I agree that it was a great episode, and can't wait to see how Shane reacts to this. It seems like they are making him be a lackey to Vic for life, since when he went on his own he got in too deep, too quick, especially with the rookie he's got with him now.

At the public forum thing, I thought Rawlings should have kicked Acevada in the nuts. He wasn't that much of a prick before he was a politician. Damn politics ruin people, I guess.

Guest Bluesman

I agree that it was a great episode, and can't wait to see how Shane reacts to this. It seems like they are making him be a lackey to Vic for life, since when he went on his own he got in too deep, too quick, especially with the rookie he's got with him now.

Guest Bluesman

WOW...I loved the ending. The look on Vic's face when he talked about stopping Shane, and then how they pan out and show the three of them together.

I like what they're doing with Julian. Him going to Acevada is a great twist.

I was surprised Vic found out so soon about Dutch going to Corrine. I thought he wouldn't find out until they saw the tape (from Dutch's car). The look on Vic's face when Dutch said "I don't need to show your wife how big of a prick you are" was great.

Definately a nice touch with Army figuring out that Shane doesn't know what the hell he is doing. It's sad watching Shane be completely controlled by Antwan, instead of the other way around.

Funny moment when they busted the guy with the bills in the trunk, and Shane expected them to take a cut.

I'm going to be interested to see how Vic expects to stop Shane.

It looks like Vic is going to be taking it from all sides. I can't wait for the next episode. As great as this week's looked, and as hyped as I was to see it, pales in comparison after seeing the previews for next week.

Edited by Bluesman

Next weeks episode should be great. In the preview they should Vic shooting somebody, I think it'll be Antwon. I think that's his plan to stop Shane is to just take Antwon out of the picture. I think it would be hilarious if Dutch Boy and Corrine went on a date. Hopefully it would be as funny to watch as his last date with Wyms' friend.

Yeah, I agree, it wasn't that great of an episode. It was alright, but the ending, with Vic walking, was rather dumb if you ask me. It just seemed so out of place on this show.

Yeah, and Dutch reading to Vic's kid was odd.

I told you Vic wouldn't shoot Antwon. It's far too early for that.

So, Army was in jail for five years? Did they ever say why he was in jail for five years? I'd like to know what he actually did to be put in jail for that long.

And, I don't see Julian getting transfered. Unless they are not bringing him back or anything and this is a way to write him off the show? I doubt it, though.

And did anyone notice in the "previously on The Shield" video package, they edited Antwon saying "One time, doing time, for a long, long time?" It now says "You will be doing time, for a long, long time." Why edit out "one time?"