Sluuuuudge...

Bushmeister

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to hijack a topic, but I'm looking for bands in the vein of Candiria. Any help?

I admit to having a lot of ignorance about most of the metal scene. I'm not very good with the different genres and shit, I just know what I like.

Never heard thier stuff...what do they sound like, and I'll give you some ideas.

Not to hijack a topic, but I'm looking for bands in the vein of Candiria. Any help?

I admit to having a lot of ignorance about most of the metal scene. I'm not very good with the different genres and shit, I just know what I like.

Edited by Bas

Howard Jones ruined Killswitch Engage, IMO. I'm not a racist, I swear. :shifty:

Anyways, I want some Acid Bath albums, damnit. I heard one song (forgot what it was), and it wad fucking kick-ass.

I was pissed when I heard that Killswitch Engage re-did "Fixation On The Darkness" with Howard Jones. I know they have a new lead singer and all, but damnit, just start writing another album, don't ruin a song with that shit singer.

He should have stayed in Blood Has Been Shed. Bah.

Beaten Back To Pure, they're pretty obscure but I used to have an mp3 of the song Whore's Bath. It's pretty good, I just wish I still had it :/

Guest acacia

Cattle Decapitation which is more grindcore. High on Fire and Mastodon for more stoner rock (sludgy fun). Mastadon's "Leviathan" is wonderful and High on Fire's new offering is pretty good. "Humanure" from Cattle Decapitation is REALLY fucken good.

Travis sent me that Beaten Back To Pure song many moons ago. I remember hating it because it sounded so amateur (sound quality wise), which I guess is to be expected.

Isn't their lead singer (or the whole band) like...12?

er...no? I can't remember, I used to have the band's website + label site bookmarked but that's been a while back.

I know the one you're talking about. It was a two person doom metal band, both of them were like 13 & 14 or something. I can't remember the name though.

Do you mean the old or the new Candiria? 'Cause there's a world of difference between the two albums I had (deleted them both, though). The band The Temple was kind of similiar to the new Candiria however, if I remember correctly that is. I could very well be wrong though.

I like all of their stuff, pretty much.

• 1 month later...

Let's revive this old corpse with a good kick.

So now, I've really put a lot of strain on my credit card through the Relapse site, and have gotten a bunch of CD's with a wide variety of styles. Seriously, to any fan of grindcore, you should get Agoraphobic Nosebleed's "Altered States of America". I have not heard of a sicker recording in a long, long time. In a similar vein, Bodies In The Gears Of The Apparatus are a solid grindcore outfit, though they are behind in general mayhem and chaos.

After hearing a sampler disc, I am currently waiting for two Isis discs (Oceanasia and some other, smaller disc) as well as Neurosis' "The Sun That Never Sets". One band that caught my ear was Subarachnoid Space, whose sample track instantly brought up images of Cowboy Bebop. And any band that does that is (Y)

Soilent Green disappointed me at first, since they did not sound anything like the slow, drawn-out heaviness I was expecting. However, "A Deleted Symphony For The Beaten Down" is an excellent metal album and highly recommended. They have a new CD coming out in July, which I am more than looking forwards to.

Now that sludge really wasn't what I wanted, do people have any idea of doom metal could be what I am looking for? Basically, slow, drawn-out metal with extra heaviness and absolutely devastating lyrics.

Cathedral's first CD (forgot the name of it, but I own it).

Cathedral was started in the late 80's by Lee Dorrian, former lead singer for Napalm Death. Their first album is like a blend of death metal & doom metal, but later albums they changed their sound a lot.

My Dying Bride > other Doom Metal bands

Get The Angel And The Dark River, Turn Loose The Swans, Songs Of Darkness Words Of Light or The Light At The End Of The World.

Early Katatonia, Anathema and Paradise Lost are all worth checking out as well.