Derren's Seance!!

The Chief

:o who saw the seance

i think after seeing that, derren brown is a genius!

in an hour he set out a clever plan to show just how easy people are to manipulate

he did leave a lot to chance/probability though but it seems everything worked out fine!

everybody's thoughts..??

I watched it as well. I was thinking as I watched it, that if they took that whole premise and turned it into a horror film, how much ass it would kick.

It's was just really damn good. Derren is a mastermind.

I watched it as well. I was thinking as I watched it, that if they took that whole premise and turned it into a horror film, how much ass it would kick.

It's was just really damn good. Derren is a mastermind.

It was like Blair Witch......only scary and shit. Good idea for a film though, the "ghost" could of attacked the girl in the room.....or did some shit to that guy behind the curtain who freaked out....or attacked them during the seance.

That would kick ass.

I really ejoyed it. I sat there and done most of the stuff and had the same as everyone else, apart from London, I wrote "poof chops" because nothing was coming out.

They should've shown their reaction when he took the girl in. That must've been classic.

My god, I want my time back. That was so obviously fake, and he even partially admitted how he faked some of it at the end.

I reall hate Darren Brown these days, because I proper marked for his Russian Roulette, but then I found out he faked that ad I hated him ever since.

My god, I want my time back.  That was so obviously fake, and he even partially admitted how he faked some of it at the end. 

I reall hate Darren Brown these days, because I proper marked for his Russian Roulette, but then I found out he faked that ad I hated him ever since.

That's the point you idiot.

He's a psychologial illusionist.

If you hated him so much, why whatch his show and boost his ratings? Of course Ouiji boards are fake, and anyone could tell those pictures were set up to mathematically or logically lead to one particular photo.

You hate the guy......but you watch his show.....then you complain you don't like it because of him.

You = n00b

I missed 'Russian Roulette' but this was just great. I love his whole act. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it so much, but it was so cool. Best ending to anything, ever.

Only one thing I don't get. Obviously, the ending showed us that everything was a 'psychological illusion'. But what about the shattering glass? How did that happen?

My god, I want my time back. That was so obviously fake, and he even partially admitted how he faked some of it at the end.

The whole POINT was that it was 'fake'. It was supposed to go some way to disproving the existance of spirits.

Edited by Emperor Fuckshit

I'm surprised none of the participants had seen the thing with the black and white photos before. It's a popular card trick.

Great show though, I'm a big Derren fan. Russian Roulette was great, and I still have yet to hear a decent explanation of how he staged it (a blank would have killed him, or at the very least wounded him)

Russian Roulette, The Seance and Trick of the Mind are some of the most interesting and entertaining things I've ever seen.

glad y'all enjoyed it

i ran over it all in my head and realized some things that if you looked hard enough you couldve spotted it was fake before the end -

first off - some of those students had to be part of the plan, that girl hitting the tamborine!, i cant think of another way they could've done the ouija board

2nd - the guy who was strapped in, dunno how he did the moving in the curtain, but did anyone notice that he never showed the CCTV camera of that happening? as well - never showed us the broken strap, the guy could've easily reached up and opened it

3rd - london, it was a BIG chance, probability was going to side with london i guess, since its the largest city (i think?) plus its our capital, and i didnt think they'd write anything long such as manchester

4th - i havent tested it out but the card trick, everyone was going to land on jane, my dad said he started on jane, but ended somewhere else, so a few people probably didn't land on that bitch

5th - when the girl chose the room of jane - again taking a chance, i guessed this before she even chose it, derren said look at ALL of the doors, probably 99% of people, after looking at every door, their just going to pick the last one since its much more convenient than walking back down the corridor.

6th - in the seance, they were trying to move the cup, YET the camera kept switching through the cast, if it was legit the camera would be on that cup start to finish

7th - never saw the ball float, best i saw was a shadow on a girls face of a ball moving

finally - the video, how the hell did they manage to put a home movie of 1974, ON A CD!? and the video seemed staged anyway

still, GREAT! TV! :D my friend watched the start but got scared and turned it off, damn how pissed was she when i said it was the fake :rolleyes:

Edited by The Chief

3rd - london, it was a BIG chance, probability was going to side with london i guess, since its the largest city (i think?) plus its our capital, and i didnt think they'd write anything long such as manchester

Most people would have chosen London, just because it's the capital and it's the largest. A psychological test by Derren.

4th - i havent tested it out but the card trick, everyone was going to land on jane, my dad said he started on jane, but ended somewhere else, so a few people probably didn't land on that bitch

I started with the first card in the topleft hand corner and ended up on a colour photo of Dave.....so again it wasn't everyone who picked Jane.

5th - when the girl chose the room of jane - again taking a chance, i guessed this before she even chose it, derren said look at ALL of the doors, probably 99% of people, after looking at every door, their just going to pick the last one since its much more convenient than walking back down the corridor.

I noticed that she kept looking at that door before she got to it. then just before she "chose" the door, she looked back up the corridor at something or someone before standing in front of the door. Also, she was in Room 7....but that coridor had 6 doors from what the camera showed!

6th - in the seance, they were trying to move the cup, YET the camera kept switching through the cast, if it was legit the camera would be on that cup start to finish

I noticed this too. This was probably to mask the movement of the guy who was pulling off the tricks....since we had infra-red cameras to see what was happening.

7th - never saw the ball float, best i saw was a shadow on a girls face of a ball moving

Again, to mask the guy doing the movement.

finally - the video, how the hell did they manage to put a home movie of 1974, ON A CD!? and the video seemed staged anyway

It would be possible. You can hook up some VCR's and video machines to computers and stream the video through the PC, saving the data to disc as you go. This wouldn't be a problem for one of the biggest television companies in the world. And bro....it's called a DVD!

How do you think they get all the old films onto DVD?

Edited by TheArsenal