It's time once again to recommend me...

sirdavinator

Oh, shit. Hahahaha, I feel so stupid now. But regardless, people should buy the CD. Great, great stuff from Sweden. Is there a single bad band from Sweden? I don't think so.

www.burningheart.com is the record label they were on. Pick up some FREE MP3's while you are there by Nasum.

I was going to say ABBA too, but for some reason i thought someone would come right after me telling me how wrong i was, and so i didn't feel like it.

The SilentCore and Quietcore is getting closer since there are bands reviewed as grindcore, noisecore, hardcore, punkcore, emocore, softcore, popcore, californiacore, skacore, skatecore and so on... :P

Anyway you shouldn't stop listening to stuff just because it has a stupid name. The only usefull thing about the enormous amount of styles that are allready defined is when someone asks me, what does X band sound like? and i can simply answer they are a bit of style X, with Style Y, and they'll know if there's a chance they'll like it.

Paint it Black kicks ass. I've seen them opening for someone else, i can't recall who now. I got the album CVA right away and it was good although they were better live. They have released a new album this year but i haven't got it yet, so i don't know how it is.

I was going to say ABBA too, but for some reason i thought someone would come right after me telling me how wrong i was, and so i didn't feel like it.

The SilentCore and Quietcore is getting closer since there are bands reviewed as grindcore, noisecore, hardcore, punkcore, emocore, softcore, popcore, californiacore, skacore, skatecore and so on... :P

Anyway you shouldn't stop listening to stuff just because it has a stupid name. The only usefull thing about the enormous amount of styles that are allready defined is when someone asks me, what does X band sound like? and i can simply answer they are a bit of style X, with Style Y, and they'll know if there's a chance they'll like it.

Paint it Black kicks ass. I've seen them opening for someone else, i can't recall who now. I got the album CVA right away and it was good although they were better live. They have released a new album this year but i haven't got it yet, so i don't know how it is.

(the one they released just before the singer died in the tsunami...I think it's called Shift)

I thought he was just missing?

He was, but they recovered the body about a month ago. Check thier official website (though they closed it for an unofficial amount of time for mourning).

Sucked big time, as they had just made it big. His girlfriend mananged to survive though, which I guess is the silver lining to this cloud.

Guest 12characters

Did anyone mention Mallcore? It's a genre. The biggest metal band in NZ (we are talking actual commercial success here, holy shit!) is a mallcore band called 8 Foot Sativa.

I fucking love grindcore, wasn't their a thread about this earlier? I'm not sure what noisecore is, but for grindcore don't go past:

Napalm Death's early stuff

Six Feet Under

Cannibal Corpse

Pungent Stench

• 1 month later...

Noisecore is stuff like Isis, Cult Of Luna, etc as far as I know.

Check out Nasum I guess, as I always recommend, or Pig Destroyer. Other than that, I know fuck all about Grind.

I got Helvete and Terrifyer. As for Isis or Cult Of Luna...any albums you want to recommend? Same for Daughters...