Your Top 10 Hardest Old Video Games EVER

Laice07

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grapehead

I'll agree Mega Man II was hard for one reason... that damn Quickman's level :( I bought the Anniversary collection, decided I'd play all the games in order, and gave up after I got stuck at that level.

I think you people are forgetting about:

1) TMNT. The original Konami game for the NES. Anyone who can disarm the bombs in the lake in 2 minutes is a god among men.

2) Friday the 13th: NES. Basically you have to save kids from Jason but he's got like 400 healthpoints and all you do is throw stones which take off 1 health point. You can't win.

3) E.T.: Atari. Now granted this game shouldn't count but I did play it and I've never beaten it.

4) Ghostbusters I. All you did was drive around and run out of gas. If you did manage to get to a place with ghosts, whenever you shot, there was like a 4 second delay so you would always die.

1) TMNT. The original Konami game for the NES. Anyone who can disarm the bombs in the lake in 2 minutes is a god among men.

w00t! I am a god then. Of course, it always cost me at least 2 Turtles, but you get one back in Level 3, which I could never beat.

And Midge, Tecmo Bowl? C'mon. Maybe its just because I used the Raiders though. Marcus Allen PLUS Bo Jackson? UNBEATABLE!

Fester's Quest was a bitch too. Hated that fucking game.

I agree on the Grand Palace for the second Zelda game. Fucking bitch fuck.

Dragon Warrior was another bitch of a game.

Fucking River City Ransom. I hate that fucking game. I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!

Oh yeah and Street Fighter II (The original one). AHH FUCK OFF CHUN LI AND TAKE YOUR FUCKING WHIRLWIND KICK WITH YOU!

Okay through that. AHHH FUCK OFF BLANKA YOU FUCKING GREEN MUTANT CUNT! STOP SHOCKING ME!

Phew that was close. AHHH GUILE.....FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING SPIKED HAIR PIECE OF SHIIIIIIIIT!

Okay bosses this will be easier. AHHHH VEGA! STOP CLIMBING THE FUCKING CAGE DAMNIT! YOU FUCKING GAY PONCE!

AHHH SAGAT......YOU ONE-EYED LONG LEGGED FUCKING TIGER UPPERCUTTING PRICK!

FUCCCCCCCCK YOU BISON........I'M GONNA KILL YOU!

:shifty:

And I think we're all forgetting Pacman too

i had troubles with pitfall i could never figure out the controls,my dad was boss at it as he used to be an atari gamer so tryed to show me, i dont think i ever got to level three though,

mario three was quite the bitch or atleast annoyingbut i dont play my old school games that much unless its for kickswhen a friends over and wants to play the original mortal kombat so we go retro...im trying to remember this gameits called like street fighter but its not street fighter, agh u walked around a stret and killed random people and then there was a boss and it was hard, i dont recallever beating it

Streets of Rage wasn't hard. You had to be playing well to have enough lives left to survive the final level (where just about every boss you've previously faced in the game comes up again), but it wasn't tricky persay.

Except those twin women with their flips and their flying kicks. They were just a fucking bitch to hit let alone anything else.

I can't believe no one has mentioned 1942(NES)

Off Road( Still can't finish it.)

WCW wrestling( NES try beating MIcheal Hayes)

WCW Wrestling did suck...

Although, IMO

Metal Gear was a bitch and a half.

But the one that took the cake was Faxanadu.

4) Ghostbusters I. All you did was drive around and run out of gas. If you did manage to get to a place with ghosts, whenever you shot, there was like a 4 second delay so you would always die.

Tecmo Bowl?!

Any game where you could throw the ball from endzone to endzone for a touchdown can't be considered that hard. Especially since the computer almost never took advantage of that.

As far as River City Ransom

If you buy Stone Feet or Dragon Feet or whatever it's called, it makes the game easier, and then if you get Grand Slam near the end, it helps with the last boss fights.

However, in my opinion that took a bit of fun out of the game. Furthermore it got much easier on Two player mode where if one of you died, the other could leave the screen and the first one would come back to life. Or something like that.

And For the Quick Man level in Mega Man 2....it sucked....unless you used the ability gained from Freeze man? I believe that was his name. Anyways, that made it much easier. Still a hard game though.

I can't think of any games that I found particularly hard, but that's probably because if I found them too hard, I quit playing them early and thus don't remember them.

And For the Quick Man level in Mega Man 2....it sucked....unless you used the ability gained from Freeze man?  I believe that was his name.  Anyways, that made it much easier.  Still a hard game though.

Flashman.

IDK....Maybe because I've played it so much and know it like the back of my hand, but MegaMan 2 isn't that tough for me. I did manage to get past the energy beams of Quickman without using the Timestopper once.

ONCE.

And for everyone that dispairs about TMNT....you didn't miss much.