Final Fantasy X-2

Liam

I thought FFX-2 was very, very girly indeed, but not a bad game in terms of what it was. The storyline wasn't great, but as an RPG for a few days it was quite nice. My sister really enjoys it, which is nice because it's something we can do together.

I don't understand why they needed to rape FFX by doing the whole "the ending wasn't the ending!" thing, I thought the whole "you're just a dream" thing was very clever, actually.

If you want a great roleplaying game, and have endless supplies of money/searching patience, find Star Ocean 2: The Second Story or Star Ocean 3. They're amongst, IMO, the greatest roleplaying games ever made. Love them to pieces, piss all over Suikoden and all that.

On a related topic - does anybody know when FFXII (12) will be released in the UK? Or anywhere? I WANT AN AIRSHIP! Grr.

If you like RPGs, PCs, and Star Wars, get Knights of the Old Republic 1 or 2, they're very good indeed, if a little inaccessible for non-Star Wars geeks.

RK!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a related topic - does anybody know when FFXII (12) will be released in the UK? Or anywhere? I WANT AN AIRSHIP! Grr.

RK!

Play.com quotes September...which tells you nothing about its actual release date, except that it won't be before then.

Guest Grapehead

ya I got lucky when picking up both games, just happened to catch it as the chick at the store was puting them in the display case, told her to put em aside I'd be right back lol.

Guest Grapehead

There are none, they haven't even mentioned what genre the game will be... atleast not on gamespot. It centers around Vincent though, you remember Vincent right? Well... him and shit happens to him... that's all the info I'm in the know about.

There are none, they haven't even mentioned what genre the game will be... atleast not on gamespot. It centers around Vincent though, you remember Vincent right? Well... him and shit happens to him... that's all the info I'm in the know about.

Of course I remember Vincent....twat bag :P

Well, is there even a release date yet?

Guest Grapehead

That said, you should play Parasite Eve... I just got both PE games and strategy guides for $35 used. They are PS1 games, and you might have already played them, but if not, they're sweet as hell. Made my Squaresoft too, so you know it's good(heh).

Why do people buy the games WITH the strategy guide? I hate the fact that guides are published anyway, defeats the whole purpose of playing the game, but buying a guide even before playing the game is just admitting you're retarded.

Anywho, my mate is FF mad and though he won't go all out and call it shite, he does admit that X-2 is the worst FF he's played.

I tend to get FF games (the more recent ones, anyway, 8 onwards) on the day they're released, through Amazon or some such site, and they have the strategy guides for an additional fiver or something. Why not?

They all have some really nice art in them, and they can help if you're overly stuck in an area. Although I do agree that it's stupid to play with the walkthrough the whole way, because then - why play? Why not just read the guide?

September? Egads, what a long time to wait. Aww.

RK!

Guest Grapehead

Well most guides will say "enjoy the ending" instead of describing it, lol.

I remember when FFIX came out, I was really excited, and I walked down to the video rental place and gave them $2 out of my lunch money everyday from the day the release date was announced to the day it came out. We all ended up with french manuals, any other Canadian who got FFIX on or right at it's release would've gotten one too.

Edited by Spongebob_V2

Yeah. They're all rubbish character bios, vague snatches of story, and 'press this button here' stuff that is all explained in the in-game tutorials early on anyways. And it's also a good excuse to shill Squaresoft merchandise, which is terrible.

Apart from the really beautiful 12'' figure/model of Selphie my sister got me for my birthday a couple of years back. Pride of place on the shelf, baby!

RK!

I never liked FF X-2. I dunno why, I just couldn't get into it.

My favourite FF's out of the series is FF8 and FF Tactics. Some people say FF7 is the best FF ever, but I prefer FF8. FF tactics is one hell of a long game, but you get an enormous sense of satisfaction when/if you complete it.