RollerCoaster Tycoon

Docpepper

Adding something to the topic:

I thought Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 was one of the best games I've ever played. It was like Theme Park, but everything was so much better, mainly due to the varied landscapes and totally different themes that you could attach to your rides and different areas of the park. The two add-on packs were great too, giving you many more scenarios and different themes etc.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 just kind of seemed like a bit of a cash-in to be honest - not a lot had been changed, certainly not enough to warrant a separate game. What annoyed me is that they insisted that different 'cars' on rides constituted a different type of ride! ie. on the boat ride, having canoes would be a different ride to having swans, when it's just the cars that actually change. Haven't got any of the add-on packs for this one, so I don't know if they improve the game any.

Have played the demo for RCT3, and although it was nice to actually ride on your coasters and other rides, it didn't really do it for me. I thought it was just all a bit fiddly trying to build paths and the like due to the full 3D. Plus you can't build underground, which severly limits your imagination. The fireworks seems like a good idea though, liked the day/night cycles and liked the fact you could attach MP3's to your rides/fireworks as music. But when you have problems trying to build things, it hampers the game somewhat.

Guest Blade

just a thought people who like to cheat in their scenarios can obtain trainers such as beast etc.... (i don't think they are illegal they are just teaching aids)

Well I played part 2 earlier today(the demo) and I'm Blown Away , the game is amazing way better than part 1 because of the way you can do the scenery , add roofs and such . I was going to buy it offline from the official site but the price was 34.95 so I'm waiting until my next trip to walmart and I'm going to pick it up for $18

well I bought Rollercoaster tycoon triple pack today it include RCT 2 and the two expansions . and I'm really loving it. still getting used to it but i love how you cna build houses and such. i was looking at several other sites and noticed people doing collaborative parks , anyone interested in doing one with me ? pm if you are and we can flesh out the details

well I bought Rollercoaster tycoon triple pack today it include  RCT 2 and the two expansions . and I'm really loving it. still getting used to it but i love how you cna build houses and such.  i was looking at several other sites and noticed people doing collaborative parks , anyone interested in doing one with me ? pm if you are and we can  flesh out the details

I think I got the same pack. I installted it, watched the tutorials, started to play the Sherwood Forest one...then quit it, and haven't played it since. That was about 2 weeks ago. Yup, got bored REAL quick...

I'm liking it but theres several downsides . in part one the first scenario gave you jsut large blank land to do whatever you want. most of the scenarios in part 2 already has things on it such as paths. also the scenery limit is a bummer , but it's way better than RCT 1 imo. I like downloading new things and such , I'm currently downloading a big lord of the rings set