Official WWE Day of Reckoning 2 Topic

Dr. Rated-R

Legends Revealed:

The Rock

Bret "The Hitman" Hart

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin

"The Immortal" Hulk Hogan

Mankind

Hogan and The Rock both have very old school looks to them. The Rock has no giant tattoo, so it looks like they're going with The Rock from 99-00. Hulk Hogan has his really old school ring attire and bandanna, quite amusing. List of Legends is rather short, but I'd rather have five big time Legends than ten 80s midcarders.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Iron Mary

Shit, whatever happened to the Ultimate Warrior? Either they're keeping him under wraps until closer to the release date or they've dropped him all together. I remember in the early stages it was meant to be Warrior and Hogan that were definate locks to appear in the game.

Why can't they just give No Mercy a facelift and update it a bit, why can' they, WHHHYYY?! *throws tantrum* :'(

Its the best wrestling game ever, in my opinion, so why the hell can't we just get No Mercy 2k5 or something? *sigh*

OMFG a decent Rene Dupree this time around, last time it didn't look nearly like him. And I am equally stoked that Edge has Metalingus, and that Heidenreich is in with his music. And they have Christian's entrance... but no word whether or not it's his actual music I guess.

Still this is a must buy!

Edited by Apple Shampoo

Why can't they just give No Mercy a facelift and update it a bit, why can' they, WHHHYYY?! *throws tantrum* :'(

Its the best wrestling game ever, in my opinion, so why the hell can't we just get No Mercy 2k5 or something? *sigh*

Have you ever played Day Of Reckoning? It's pretty close to being No Mercy with a facelift. It's seriously the only above average WWE game that THQ has published since No Mercy. Day of Reckoning 2 looks even better, so I'm honestly more excited for this one than the next installment of Smackdown, which usually is nothing but a disappointment.

I like the Smackdown! series, mainly for the more realistic type graphics and the moves that actually connect unlike the last WWE GCN game that I had, which is WM18. I havn't played DOR, but DOR2 looks like the moves connect a little bit better so that's a plus. I am getting it for sure, but I am going to get the new SD! as well.

The graphics in DoR2 are superb. That said, the graphics in the upcoming Smackdown are absolutely mindblowing, I can't believe what they could pull out of the PS2 for it.

I highly suggest DoR if you can pick it up cheap, if not, wait for DoR2. Trust me, I was burned bad by WMX8, and to get me to come back to a WWE game on the Cube took a lot.

Guest clintcasey

The graphics in DoR2 are superb.  That said, the graphics in the upcoming Smackdown are absolutely mindblowing, I can't believe what they could pull out of the PS2 for it.

I highly suggest DoR if you can pick it up cheap, if not, wait for DoR2.  Trust me, I was burned bad by WMX8, and to get me to come back to a WWE game on the Cube took a lot.

Is Day of Reckoning 2 still pretty much realiant on the art of reversing? I don't like how on the first game, you lay there for ages and the only real way you can get back up is if you press R. Hey presto, you jump right back up if you do that. It's a bit unrealistic if you asked me.

The roster is superb though. I am very sure I heard Ultimate Warrior is a lock. Come on, I want Ultimate Warrior so I can reenact Warrior/Hogan from WCW Halloween Havoc 1998, where they stumble about for fifteen minutes. :P

Guest Iron Mary

Is Day of Reckoning 2 still pretty much realiant on the art of reversing? I don't like how on the first game, you lay there for ages and the only real way you can get back up is if you press R. Hey presto, you jump right back up if you do that. It's a bit unrealistic if you asked me.

Have you ever played Day Of Reckoning? It's pretty close to being No Mercy with a facelift. It's seriously the only above average WWE game that THQ has published since No Mercy. Day of Reckoning 2 looks even better, so I'm honestly more excited for this one than the next installment of Smackdown, which usually is nothing but a disappointment.

I played Day of Reckoning and it was alright, but it just didn't feel right. It felt more like SD than No Mercy, infact I would go as far as to say that Def Jam Vendetta was the best 'wrestling' game since No Mercy. Pretty much the same game engine, just a little faster.

In fact I am busting out the 64 today to play with my two old mates in a ladder match. The psychology in the game was fantastic and the shit you could do if you worked at it like getting your mate to put someone on their shoulders on the outside and then doing a suicide dive thru the ropes onto the person. Fuck awesome.

I might give DoRII a go tho, it can't be as bad as SmackDown.

Well yeah, I'll definitely agree that Def Jam is the best wrestling game out there if you consider it a wrestling game. Fight For New York moved it away from being a wrestler, but it was still fucking awesome.