Official WWE Day of Reckoning 2 Topic

Dr. Rated-R

Was this fixed in DOR... I was playing Wrestlemania 18 earler today and I noticed how these three things annoyed the fuck out of me:

1) When it's time for a submission move to end, do you just let go, or does the other guy reverse it? I hated that touch. I can't even get to 4 or 5 punches a lot.

2) Does their little bar (the one that goes down when you beat them) jump back up as quick as it does in WM18?

3) Does their special bar jump as much from reversals? I have had opponent get a full bar after 3-4 reversals.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. It varies.

2. No, if it's the one I think you mean, its slower

3. If by fixed, you mean made quicker, then yes. Someone like Rock can get a finisher from countering twice.... Someone like Danny Basham can hardly get a finisher period.....

Have you ever played Day Of Reckoning? It's pretty close to being No Mercy with a facelift. It's seriously the only above average WWE game that THQ has published since No Mercy. Day of Reckoning 2 looks even better, so I'm honestly more excited for this one than the next installment of Smackdown, which usually is nothing but a disappointment.

I played Day of Reckoning and it was alright, but it just didn't feel right. It felt more like SD than No Mercy, infact I would go as far as to say that Def Jam Vendetta was the best 'wrestling' game since No Mercy. Pretty much the same game engine, just a little faster.

In fact I am busting out the 64 today to play with my two old mates in a ladder match. The psychology in the game was fantastic and the shit you could do if you worked at it like getting your mate to put someone on their shoulders on the outside and then doing a suicide dive thru the ropes onto the person. Fuck awesome.

I might give DoRII a go tho, it can't be as bad as SmackDown.

I have always wanted to see like an example of No Mercy for the Gamecube. But the only way it can be done is to downright plagurise the No Mercy engine, edit the controls and use the space to improve entrance length and graphics. You simply cannot have the great psychology No Mercy has without the slow down pace and how the characters do not immediately respond to what you the player command. Although knowing our luck, the makers of DOR and the Wrestlemanias probably found both features to be problems.

Yes, Smackdown games have been pretty lame as they pushed the envelope too early. Too many gimmick matches were introduced too early instead of slowly and then, for example: SD6, we got a tossing parking room brawl only. Also - Smackdown's gameplay makes the game feel like it belong next to Pac Man at a beach's arcade. I can see why DOR is compared more to Smackdown than No Mercy because, quite simply, there's a lot of things which causes the game to flow that in case are highly unrealistic.

I'm hoping DOR2 is good though, although Christy Hemme looks totally wrong (great first impression that was when I saw it on IGN). I wonder if Christy will come with her great overacting powers. I think the roster is great. The prospect of playing as SNITSKY is exciting for some lame I have no life reason.

Also... I thought Def Jam Vendetta was a beat 'em up like Tekken and DOA? :blink:

In all fairness, Smackdown's gameplay has improved a lot the last few years. SDvR sucked though because they essentially made no changes to the previous year's game.

Def Jam Vendetta is a straight up wrestling game. Fight For NY is a little more like a fighter, but still plays like a wrestler.

In all fairness, Smackdown's gameplay has improved a lot the last few years.  SDvR sucked though because they essentially made no changes to the previous year's game.

Def Jam Vendetta is a straight up wrestling game.  Fight For NY is a little more like a fighter, but still plays like a wrestler.

Very true. One new game type, plus three new wrestlers nobody wants to play as, plus a few mini-games equals a new game. It's worse than FIFA!

To this day I still believe that No Mercy's CAW > SD's CAW. Me and my mates made a load of great wrestlers and they looked perfect, but its so difficult to re-create them on SD. And you can't just copy faces, which sucked :(

Guest Iron Mary

DOR CAW mode was pretty sweet. For some weird reason, I decided to make a Gridiron player and gave him really basic moves (Armbars, Bearhugs, Iron Claw, varieties of slams and clotheslines). He's wearing a helmet and everything :P

The first thing I'll probably do is create a wrestler to complete Story Mode with (To unlock the legends. At least I assume it's the same way as last year?).

• 3 weeks later...

Just asking here, but is this game any good? I assume it's out in America, since it's being advertised on WWE TV, and it's not out here in the UK until the end of September (according to Amazon), despite being advertised all over the place whenever a WWE TV show is on.

Quite annoying, but it really makes me want the, possibly because I know I can't have it yet. But I'm afraid it won't be as good as I think it will be. I just want a good wrestling game, is that really so much to ask? *cries, while clutching onto No Mercy*

Guest Iron Mary

I still have Rugby 2005 to tide me over until the end of September. That's how it always works: football games (Rugby, Rugby League, NFL) keep me amused until a new wrestling game is available.

Guest Iron Mary

WWE Day Of Reckoning 2 review on IGN.com

Scored an 8.5 out of 10. The primary reason that the game didn't get higher than 8.5 was the player's inability to import CAWs from DoR (since it was supposed to be a continuation of the original CAW story) and the lack of voice overs.

Slightly illogical to be unable to continue your CAW's story with your original CAW, but whatever. As for the voice overs not being in, who honestly gives a shit? I hated them in Smackdown vs Raw because they were so awful and cheesy (I thought Jericho and Hardy's voice over work pwned though), as well as making season mode really linear.

Basically, as long as the new submission system and the stamina bar got a good wrap and work alright, then I'll buy it. Doesn't hurt that I can play as Paul London either :P

Guest Zeokage

Is it worth getting the first one just to get through the story? I know you can't port the character over, but recreating him as champion on the second game shouldn't take too long should it?

That and does anyone have that list of legends yet?

They criticise the roster too, but the difference is the roster this time round is mostly made of people I'd want to play as unlike last years game that was out of date at the time, and had a lot of noteable guys missing, I reckon this year has a good 10+ more people I could see me using regulary. Ok, so there's no MNM, and there are Heidenreich/Masters/Jordan, but I stand by what I said damnit.

Basically the two biggest flaws IGN brought up (Roster, Voiceover) I don't actually see as flaws at all.

Guest Iron Mary

They criticise the roster too, but the difference is the roster this time round is mostly made of people I'd want to play as unlike last years game that was out of date at the time, and had a lot of noteable guys missing, I reckon this year has a good 10+ more people I could see me using regulary. Ok, so there's no MNM, and there are Heidenreich/Masters/Jordan, but I stand by what I said damnit.

Basically the two biggest flaws IGN brought up (Roster, Voiceover) I don't actually see as flaws at all.

Edited by Anti-Hero

Yeah, I picked this up today. Meh, I got as far as the tag match where you have to pick your partner between Orton & Jericho.

The gameplay is meh, I don't like the lack of submissions I can use yet...my guy sucks...I can't even change his attire. Anyone know how?