Official WWE Day of Reckoning 2 Topic

Dr. Rated-R

I finally beat the Cage today, yay.

Then I tried to beat Christian/Edge but lost, I had them both down enough to win but couldn't pin or go for submission without the other getting me. I tried knocking the other of the apron but by the time I hit the other guy back down (I had him down then he gets back up after I hit his partner) then the guy is back on the apron.

I somehow managed to win one tag, so...I guess it's all luck/timing.

You don't take advantage of the Z controls?

Z+Up on directional (grey buttons): Partner attacks in ring guy

Z+Left: Partner attacks out of ring guy

Z+Down: Partner stands next to you

Z+Right: Partner attacks referee

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished that cage match in under ten minutes. I hate the reversal system, I don't know how to work it half the time. What is the counter sensitivity, and what's the difference between 1 and 5?

It just means how hard you have to press down on the trigger to reverse, as you thought. 1 is a light tap and 5 is right down. Nothing to really change how easy something is.

I love DoR's reversal system. It's so refreshing from the blatently ridiculous Smackdown bullshit. When's the last time you have a 7 string sequence of reversal's? My girlfriend light grappled me after I tried to punch her which I turned into a hammer lock, then into a headlock which she went into a german suplex that I flipped over and Irish whipped her into the ropes. She then countered that into a inside cradle. It's beter than the low blow and flip fest that is Smackdown.

And for those who find this one very hard... Well you may have wanted to start off with the first. The difficulty was ramped up because of the ease most people had with the first. I play on hard by default and can still dominate the computer....

I prefer a challenge anyways. Who truly wants to win all the time? It's boring. Lose yourself in the match and you don't even realize the time goes by. We had a half hour iron man match in the first game which went to a draw because we weren't paying attention to the counter. I've still yet to start the story mode, but from what I know and have seen it's because of the first game's lack of difficulty.

It was designed with DoR fans in mind..

The two people we had that sequence with were Angle and Benjamin. Something I could see happening. Most wrestlers have their own reversal sets in the game instead of a generic universal one. How often do you see The Rock or Chris Benoit low blow someone six or seven times a match? Besides, the likelihood that we could accomplish that sequence again is minimal. A fluke chance. But still actually a chance. Smackdown it usually ends with one counter. Other guys have simple reversals, like Big Show just tossing guys away and Mysterio doing Ranas and such. You'll never see Undertaker do a backflip over a guy to avoid a German suplex like in Smackdown.

The Smackdown system is designed around getting your Smackdown and getting the pin. You can never perform a move out of no where. All grapples are performed off a set of other grapples. Most of the time a submission or 3 count only occurs when a guy is completely totaled, be it a backslide or a Pedigree. At least in DoR a match can kind of end out of nowhere. A rollup with the feet on the tights, inside cradle out of nowhere, etc.

Both games have their merits. I sometimes sit and wish DoR had Smackdown features (elimination matches, moves... oh how I really want more shining wizards... and generic entrance music, etc.). While I wish in Smackdown you could interupt moves and have more spontaneous realistic matches.

And Cole, try going through the tutorial off the main menu. The first is just basic stuff, but the second has more advanced functions (like what Apple Shampoo pointed out).

The two people we had that sequence with were Angle and Benjamin. Something I could see happening. Most wrestlers have their own reversal sets in the game instead of a generic universal one. How often do you see The Rock or Chris Benoit low blow someone six or seven times a match? Besides, the likelihood that we could accomplish that sequence again is minimal. A fluke chance. But still actually a chance. Smackdown it usually ends with one counter. Other guys have simple reversals, like Big Show just tossing guys away and Mysterio doing Ranas and such. You'll never see Undertaker do a backflip over a guy to avoid a German suplex like in Smackdown.

The Smackdown system is designed around getting your Smackdown and getting the pin. You can never perform a move out of no where. All grapples are performed off a set of other grapples. Most of the time a submission or 3 count only occurs when a guy is completely totaled, be it a backslide or a Pedigree. At least in DoR a match can kind of end out of nowhere. A rollup with the feet on the tights, inside cradle out of nowhere, etc.

Both games have their merits. I sometimes sit and wish DoR had Smackdown features (elimination matches, moves... oh how I really want more shining wizards... and generic entrance music, etc.).  While I wish in Smackdown you could interupt moves and have more spontaneous realistic matches.

And Cole, try going through the tutorial off the main menu. The first is just basic stuff, but the second has more advanced functions (like what Apple Shampoo pointed out).

Guest Grapehead

Jesus, you thought that the one person cage match was hard, try it against Edge, Kane and HBK. I hit HBK with my finisher (for now, the Fisherman Buster) and Kane was lifting Edge up for a suplex, so I pushed him and they both came down with each other. I made it out, JUST in time.

Guest Iron Mary

Quick questions for those who have the game:

1) Is all the licensed theme music in there (particularly Christian's)?

2) Are the stats marky or smarky?

3) Is The Masterlock animated like a regular Full Nelson? :P

1. Christian's music is in, as well as almost every other wrestler. Stacy Keibler is a notable exception of course.

2. Well, Cena has a 91. Hogan has the highest stats of 95. You tell me. No stat is below 70 (for the men at least). And only guys like Heidenreich and Snitsky are there anyways. Almost everyone else is 80+. Takes some of the realism out for me.

3. It's animated decently. He swings'em a little, and near the end drops them to their knees.

On a side note, I do feel for those having trouble with the CPU AI. I started a 30 man rumble and went out shopping with my girlfriend, and came back near the end. It was still on, so when my Angle came out.... I was gang raped by Orton, London and Hurricane. I could only imagine the frustration of being stuck in a cage with better wrestlers (stat wise) and actually wanting to win.

Wouldn't Angle be teamed up on because he'd be the favourite to win (ie, has better stats)? I think it makes sense. Would be just quite annoying when you want to dominate everything in sight.

I still don't truly understand why you have to play as a CAW in career mode.

I have a main question is, is the roster split customizable? I hate out of date stuff. And a question which will probably sound stupid, but can you edit the default wrestler's appearances (like in RAW 2)? People said it was like No Mercy, that was the best part.

Nope.

I bought the game and am somewhat dissapointed in that there really isn't a single non-graphical upgrade from DOR 1. The new features pretty much suck, and lack of the bells and whistles of the expanded "create-a" features of the PS2 WWE games, I feel a wee bit screwed.

No Elimination matches, which is a bitch. You can have an elimination style if you use Last Man Standing (people knocked out stay out of the match as it continues).

And you can't edit any of the match types. So no pinning in cages, or TLC. Ladder matches are for the title only and so on. HIAC is in ring pin/submission only, etc.

I've actually grown tired of it already. I played the death out of DoR 1 with my girlfriend when we got it in June and got this as more an upgrade than anything. That was my rationale to her to dish out the money for it. ("Well it does have an upgraded roster, blood, etc.")

I'm actually looking at Smackdown Vs Raw with interest now. All the problems I have seen the more I play with DoR are bugging me. We mainly played it together until I tried some other modes... and bah. Fatal Fourways with the computer are 3-on-1 handicap matches. And I am the first to stand behind gameplay over features, but with a year to improve this nothing has been done.

Yeah everything looks nice, but I just realized I'm playing the exact same thing with more annoyances added in. 20 second load times in CAW to change from trunks to tights, not having a renegade ref to kick my ass if I get out of line disappoints me too and every match with the CPU is a handicap match.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it today. Bit underwhelmed. Not as exciting to play as the first. I used to love three way matches on DOR, but on here they seem to suck, I cant put my finger on why that is, it just seems less exciting than the previous game to play. I used to be really into matches on there, and now I'm like 'oh, great, cross-face.....wow....yeah.....'.

Oh, bad things happen when I try the Masterlock. First time, Hurricane counters it, then kicks my ass for a few minutes, until I come back and win with some random move. Second time, I lock it onto Eugene, but he guesses my purpose, countering it, momentum shift, Hogan hulk up, big boot, 1-2-3, beaten by Eugene. Third time, exactly the same happens, expect he doesnt pin me after the momentum shift, so survive longer. Lock it in again, Eugene doesn't tap, I get bored trying it a third time in one match, and win with another random move...

ps - is it me, or do submission holds not last as long on this game, unless its the CPU that has a chance of winning? I had HBK in the ankle lock, and the move seemed to end right away, then I was in a three-way as Batista vs. Jericho vs. Christian, and whilst i was down, Jericho seemed to have Christian in the walls indefinitely.

I don't understand why people think cage matches are so hard. I win mine in less than two minutes, hell, I won the WWE title in a 54 second cage match.

The key is Trapping Headbutts.

Most are talking about three to four person ones. It's hard to get everyone down (especially someone who your char isn't strong enough to lift) and have high adrenaline in them.

ps - is it me, or do submission holds not last as long on this game, unless its the CPU that has a chance of winning? I had HBK in the ankle lock, and the move seemed to end right away, then I was in a three-way as Batista vs. Jericho vs. Christian, and whilst i was down, Jericho seemed to have Christian in the walls indefinitely.