NBC possibly interested in picking up Angel.....

BlackFlagg

Guest rinkle

why NBC would even consider this, yet almost certainly dropping "Ed" I'll never know.

Seriously, I'm sure its a good show, but it would probably be regulated to the Friday/Saturday shift

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teen girls are the easiest age group to market to, hence why OC is doing so well.

I've personally think NBC is going off the deep end in bringing Angel to their network. It won't work on NBC... plus NBC needs sitcom. They fucking need to market Scrubs better, it's Scrubs and they can't market it at all.

That says something about the state of their network if they can't market the most original sitcom in awhile.

I've personally think NBC is going off the deep end in bringing Angel to their network.  It won't work on NBC... plus NBC needs sitcom.  They fucking need to market Scrubs better, it's Scrubs and they can't market it at all.

Like I said, Angel will work anywhere because of its fanbase. Plus the lack of WB fucking with it, show quality will increase dramatically. Any show can work on any network as long as you promote it well and NBC is going to be desperate come this fall.

Fox knew from day one the OC would be a hit.  It caters to the easiest audience to hook (teen girls) plus FOX just couldn't stay away from the 90210 or Melrose Place genre.

Can't know FOX for doing what works for them. Realistically, they're the network that most teens actually watch at some time or another. 90210 and Melrose Place were both huge hits, why not try to duplicate that success? Can't say NBC isn't guilty of trying to replace Friends with Coupling, or WB of trying to replace Dawson's Creek with any of their dozen odd teen dramas.

Oh I'm not faulting FOX in the slightest... just making a point about how the OC wasn't some surprise success. FOX knew it would work which is why it put a big hype machine behind it.

I have no complaints about how FOX has promoted The O.C.. They've turned that into a ratings bonanza, and I'm sure they intend for it to be around a long time.

They are already considering a spinoff starting in January for it. They are trying to milk it for all it's worth.

I don't know.

On one side I'd like to see Angel continue. On the other hand I can't see it do anything but suck

I would like to see Angel get picked up by NBC but I don't think it will happen. I m am pretty sure this will be the last season ever of angel and if so SMG is a fucking bitch cause she's not going to appear in the last one as of now. But I hope it changed before the end of the show I think we all deserve to know who she will pick once and for all.

After all the trouble to rewrite the last few episodes?

Me thinks that this won't happen. It's a shame, as the story is beginning to pick up now, we've just seen Origin and there's four eps left to show...

But I do know show quality declined because of the WB's input, not Whedon.  A network change is necessary to make the show good again.

I don't follow Angel on the net, mainly because I hate spoilers. How did the WB screw with this seasons plots? Does anyone know? I'm curious.

"It has come to our attention that there has been a vast public interest to see a return of this series. A forthcoming series is in negotiation, and NBC will go ahead with a sixth season if the public response is strong enough."

The reliability of the source has been checked with NBC Internal Documents.

Buffy.nu : We already know that the final meeting with angel writers and producers has been set up in a few weeks (we got the date), so you have time to show your support to these negociations by replying to this article !

We ask for help from all Buffy/Angel/Firefly websites and all the Whedon Fandom, NBC will check the feedback on this page, so show your angel love here !

Proven Fake

I don't follow Angel on the net, mainly because I hate spoilers.  How did the WB screw with this seasons plots?  Does anyone know?  I'm curious.

Mainly after the massive season long arc in season 4 The WB wanted Joss to tone it down this season...have more one shot episodes. So Joss does so, I guess he figured that he was safe for another season if he did so...and they cancelled the show anyway.

Proven Fake

I had a feeling it would end up bot being true...guess I just wanted to believe :(

Edited by BlackFlagg

Mainly after the massive season long arc in season 4 The WB wanted Joss to tone it down this season...have more one shot episodes. So Joss does so, I guess he figured that he was safe for another season if he did so...and they cancelled the show anyway.

Yeah, okay, I noticed that change... that's what I loved about Season 4, it had such a great, intertwining story. I just loved how it all came together... this season was missing that arc, I kept waiting for "The big baddie" to show up and give the season a purpose, but it just seemed to be a collection of seperate episodes.

Please god yes! I love this programme! We're mid-way through the most recent series here in the UK, and I love it. The Spike/Angel interactions are brilliant.

I seriously hope it does get picked up and then we can get it over here.

Angel would work out fine on NBC, they're desperate for shows with Friends and Frasier gone.  Plus, NBC doesn't have any true Fantasy-esque shows, it'll balance their line up and give them something to compete against the others with.

FOX would fuck Angel up just like they do with every other good show they have.  They constantly bump shit around and Angel would just get lost in the shuffle.  Fans would be confused enough with a network change, then Fox would just shift its timeslot to accomodate for "Joe Penis Pump"

CBS could work if David Boreanaz was 80 years old.

ABC sucks, they haven't had a good new series since Drew Carey and that was 10 years ago.

Looks like NBC is the place to be.  Glad to see the folks over at savingangel.org are really making an impact.

ABC has Kingdom Hospital right now although they don't want to continue for another season(bastards) and the keep postponing the last few episodes luckily it returns on May 20th