BCW

Guest Rich F

bWo... we're taking over... the world... uh, the UK... England?... hmmm... right... an area on the west side of Lake Windermere! Yes. That *might* be possible!

Rich F, I'm either overwhelminglyl flattered, or you're calling me a lazy git for the lack of WEF updates in recent months. Or a combination of the two.

:devil::P

That was an unexpected and surprise!

I have to admit, much of a mark as I am for your writing abilities (be it BCW or down Mexico way - TCW?,) I never expected to see the WEF transported to the Cornelloverse and plunked down somewhere on the Old Sod.

Damn, I'd forgotten just what a great character Barlett was from the outset... I mean Dastardly Daniel Reed!!

Thanks for the utmost compliment at transporting over the lil backyard fed that shouldn't.... but somehow did.

But when do we get a BCW show?

Bring on the temple goers and money lenders!!

Cheers (and thanks,)

Beek

PS: The Mayor (via the town crier) has been informed of this!

PPS: I think I'm saddened that Rich F does new bWo better than I do old WEF. :pinch:

Edited by Beeker00Zero

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BULLDUST! HELL YESH! (Okay, so it's Lucha, but still...)

Overall, I's gotsta' agree with Beek, though - what the hell happened to the BCW? You've got the roster, you've got the adverts - are you actually going to have people wrestle any time soon?

Other than that, good so far. Taking the WEF into the Cornellverse - I just gotta' laugh, dude.

Guest Rich F

The first show should be in about 4 or 5 posts ( I think). I did say it was a slow build :) , and there are a couple more elements I want to introduce before we hit the shows.

Rebecca was only just out of school, and far too pretty for her own good. Apparently she knew someone who knew someone who pointed her in my direction, and so she turned up at our office asking for work. To be honest, I wasn’t too sure what to do with her. She couldn’t wrestle, and her promo skills were only average at best. The obvious answer was to make her a valet, but there was always the danger that she would take the attention away from whomever I paired her with. I considered adding her to the commentary team, but I already had a strong dynamic with Lynn and Ross. I tried to fob her off by explaining that there were no real roles for her at this time, but she was welcome to call me back later. She wasn’t willing to take no for an answer though, and said she was willing to work as part of the ringcrew, or even hand out flyers. With her looks, she was sure to draw in some male fans, and I had to admire her determination, so I said I’d give her a chance and that she should come back and meet the rest of the team.

That afternoon, we had all the workers we had already signed come in to meet each other. One of the things I most admired about DaVE was their tight locker room atmosphere, and I wanted to promote that in BCW. We didn’t have a lot of spare cash, but I thought spending a couple of hundred on food and drink was money well spent, and would help convince the talent that this project was for real. I also wanted to discuss gimmicks and storylines with the boys, making sure we were all on the same page. Some of them weren’t convinced this was a good idea, but as I was supplying the food and drink they all agreed to turn up.

Dan Gibraltar and Chris Moore were happy to team up as the Firm – cashing in on the popularity of Guy Richie’s gangster chic - plus I have a big soft spot for the ‘Long Good Friday’. I also got the thumbs up from JJ and Jonny C to form the Urban Gang Stars – a Wigga team with an updated Ali G look – comedy heels who could easily turn serious. I planned to ditch the masks and team up Dirt Bike Kid and Hot Hot Heat as the Bhangra Boys. Their repertoire was pure babyface, so I planned to push them as such. They should also allow us tap into the lucrative Asian market. I felt the HIW trainees, Newman and Cook aside, weren’t yet ready to run solo. This should allow them to develop without exposing their inexperience.

Ross Jordan brought along three guys he thought we should sign. The first was William Clark, an Eton and Oxbridge graduate with the most perfect Queens English you could imagine. I was all for pushing him as a royal snob, but Ross said that his 'chav' impression was pure gold. He had been burning up East Anglia as Billy 'Essex Heat' Clark - lying, cheating and stealing. The other two guys were Martin Cox and Anthony Evans. They were the other reason he didn't think we should push William as a snob, as that was Martin and Anthony's gimmick. They worked as Beaumont and Montague - the Hunt Club. Who am I to argue with Ross Jordan.

At the meeting, Rebecca really seemed to hit it off with Heartbreak Inc. That didn’t really come as a surprise, most girls did. I still wasn’t totally happy with the team of Kid Romeo and Love Machine. Pretty boys just don’t make good faces, at least for a male audience, and I’m pretty sure that that was why they hadn’t really gotten over so far in their careers. On the other hand, neither of them had the experience or aptitude to be effective heels at this time. Besides, I already had three heel teams in the Firm, the Urban Gang Stars and the Hunt Club - I needed them to be faces. Perhaps Rebecca was the solution to the puzzle. If she was part of the team, she might bring the male fans along with them. Now I just needed a gimmick that wouldn’t expose her limited microphone experience. The answer was fairly obvious – she was just out of school, looked cute, and schooldaze discos were all the rage. I wonder if she still had her old school uniform?

Ben Bradley was a little embarrassing at the start, acting like a huge mark, but to be fair, he was one, and the boys had fun pulling some gentle ribs on him. However, he was game for a laugh and just happy to spend time with his hero’s. He did seem to have something of a crush on Alicia, but despite Murdoch’s encouragement, couldn’t summon up the courage to talk to her. This got the cogs turning, and I suddenly knew what to do with him. I pointed his behaviour out to Sophie, who jumped to the conclusion I was going to turn him into a stalker obsessing on the head referee. However, I managed to reassure her we were not going to follow one of the worst SWF angles in recent years. Rather, we make him our junior referee. He was happy to take the bumps, it would give him a chance to see how to work up close and personal, and would also ensure he was on TV every week. Genius. Sophie was concerned that he might screw up, but I said that could be part of the character, and we obviously wouldn’t use him in high profile matches.

Ross Jordan spent the day holding court in a corner, giving invaluable hints and tips to the younger guys, whilst Johnny Highspot worked the room, chatting to everyone and acting like the locker room leader I needed him to be. He brushed aside any talk of Nathan Creed, just as I’d asked him to. Much as I was against working the boys, this was going to be a huge storyline, and I didn’t know how much we could trust any of them yet. We even got a visit from Lynn Cox though she was ‘fashionably late’. I was very glad she could make it as she would need to be able to not only recognise their faces, but know their basic personas if her commentary was to be successful.

My prime concern going into this was that there would be a huge clash of personalities, and as far as I could tell, there wasn’t. On the contrary, everyone seemed to hit it off quite well, though how long this hneymoon period would last was anyone’s guess. Lynn was having such a good time that she invited us ‘clubbing’. Johnny had to decline as he had a booking the next day, Doug Werner didn’t ‘club’ and Sophie had to make some calls to the States, but the rest of us hit London, and with Lynn Cox leading the way, that meant paparazzi coverage. At the time, I thought that was a good thing, after all, all publicity is good publicity. However, that may have the whisky talking. Trance and Clark staged a mock fight, which got us thrown out of Eternity and a fair bit of media coverage the next day, but the real problem came when MoSC head honcho McPeterson saw that one of ‘his’ boys, Hendry Trance, was brawling with BCW wrestlers in London. Whilst I was nursing a pretty vicious hangover the last thing I needed was a tirade of threats and abuse from an angry Scotsman. I hung up on him mid-rant, which in hindsight may not have been the wisest of moves, but it seemed like a good idea at the time and I was in no mood to placate him. If I had been thinking straight, I could have pointed out the fantastic inter-promotional opportunities, but I don’t think he would have listened anyway. I left the phone of the hook and went back to sleep.

Guest Rich F

“Is there something wrong with your phone?”

Sophie knew the answer to the question just by looking at my bedraggled state, so this was obviously a pointed reference that somebody important was trying to phone me. I told her that I’d already spoken to the Highland Warrior once, and I wasn’t about to repeat the experience anytime soon, but she cut me off, telling me that Luchalicious from MPWF had signed, and would by flying over from Mexico this weekend. It got better, apparently Sophie had also been able to contact WLW sensation Simon Templar, and he was interested in returning to the UK. I was almost in the mood to celebrate again when Sophie said there was also some bad news. Doug Werner was having second thoughts, so she’d told him to come in and speak to me – in about 10 minutes.

-------------

Doug was having second thoughts about the wrestling business, and wasn’t sure that he would fit in. He didn’t think our stunt in the nightclub was very professional, and was worried that it would harm the company’s image and that would reflect badly on him. I also got the impression he thought my getting drunk with the talent was unprofessional.

Doug was a great talent who could go a long way in this business - a legitimate Judo champion, I had a lot of plans for him. I levelled with him, and told him that this business was all about selling, not just in the ring, but in every aspect of the business. Our job was to get the fans to suspend their disbelief, and this required a lot of effort now that the fans were smartened up. Furthermore, we were a new company, and thus we needed all the exposure we could get.

“I understand that you’re not yet comfortable with the Sports Entertainment trappings of this industry, but you have to realise that wrestling is just a physical form of storytelling with its own quirks, just like pantomimes. It is essentially a morality tale, and we have to keep sight of that. SWF and Hollyweird have lost that perspective, and have gotten caught up with short-term pay-offs to try and win their ratings war, but that doesn’t mean we should throw out their methods.”

I realised that I had started preaching and tried to get off my soapbox, but I also saw that I had touched a nerve and this little speech seemed to have re-assured Doug that I was serious. I then laid out my current plans for his character, and he seemed happy enough when he left. However, I had a nagging suspicion that someone had put him up to this, most likely ‘Geordie’ Jimmy. I couldn’t take this lying down, but I needed to confirm my suspicions before I acted. However, I couldn’t wait too long as I could ill afford to lose Doug, he was one of my few ‘name’ talents - something I was hoping to solve by the end of this week.

After the problems with Werner and McPeterson, we got some good news, we’d managed to sign two big international names – ‘TNT’ Tom Billington and ‘Gladiator’ Ben Hammer. Tom learned his trade in Blighty, but made his name as a gaijin star of the BHOTWG Junior division, but was taking a break from Japan to bulk up for a return as a heavyweight. I’d heard he was thinking of going to Canada and gave him a call to let him know that I would be more than happy to give him a run here. I told him who we had signed already, so he knew we weren’t just some two-bit promotion, and said I’d offer him a guaranteed contract for a year. He was understandably non-committal during our initial call, and said he would have to talk with his employers, but when I called him back he said yes, as long as it was open. He was willing to work for us, but his loyalty would always lie with BHOTWG.

Ben Hammer wrestled for GCG, who seem to love 6’6” gaijan monsters. He was your basic unstoppable force, picking up the nickname Tetsu, the Iron Man. He was getting tired of Japan though, having worked there for the last 5 tours, and wanted a change of scenery. When I found out I quickly gave him a call and made the offer. It was a cut in salary from what he was making in Japan, but would allow him to work from home – it didn’t take him long to say yes, though I could only sign him for 6 months ‘in case he got a call from one of the big two.

I managed to make one other signing, and this was inspired by my desire to gain some revenge on Geordie Jimmy. I’d heard he’d been checking out some MMA action and was trying to sign a charismatic young Capoeira star called Winston Smith. His record in the octagon wasn’t too impressive but he had already garnered a cult following with his laid-back attitude and easy going interviews in his Jamaican patois. I immediately brought him in for an interview and managed to persuade him that our federation would be a far more suitable vehicle for his talents than the mat based ROF, plus the payoffs would be bigger. I didn’t pressure him into signing, instead telling him to talk it over with Jimmy(I think in part because I wanted Jimmy to know he was second best). However, you could tell that he wanted to get out of MMA, at least for a while, because he was fed up of being stretched on the mat, and his natural gifts with the mic were tailor-made for sports-entertainment, rather than pure wrestling. Sophie was sceptical, but he brought legitimate credibility and MMA fans, and even if he proved a disaster in the ring, he could make a decent manager or announcer. Plus, if he returned to the Octagon under our banner, we could make some big waves on the fight scene.

Just as I was riding high on the crest of a wave, I had the rug pulled out from under me, by non-other than The Wrestling Channel themselves.

Steve Jackson gave me a call, and we shot the breeze for a while, discussing our two projects. He told me that they’d been having some problems with Original Lucha Libre In Extreme and have decided to pull the program from the channel. Now Joaquin Soler’s reputation in the business is legendary. OLLIE was at one time the hottest promotion in the entire world. However, his slapdash attitude and poor business practises have caused many of his top stars to break away and join or even form the competition. He’s had inter-promotional deals with both US and Japanese feds, but the deals have always broken down before they have really gotten going. To be honest, I’m surprised the TWC deal lasted this long. Then he dropped a bombshell - they wanted us to take their slot, and this meant a program from us in 2 weeks!!

When I managed to lift my jaw off the desk, I told Steve that of course we’d be able to do it, and I’d get back to him when I’d spoken with my team. Shit! OLLIE’s screw up had really put the screws on us. We’d planned on running a loop of shows before TV tapings began in earnest, in order to get some spots for the opening sequence, to get the workers comfortable with the arenas and each other, and to allow time for the audiences to build up. Now we’d have to go straight to TV tapings. That gave us four shows from which to get TV (Maidstone - Friday, Brighton - Saturday, Portsmouth – Sunday and Southampton on Monday) but we’d have to go with low ticket prices to try to get even a halfway decent house. We’d already started filming some skits and interviews, but we’d need to step up the pace on that. I wasn’t sure how I’d break the news to Ed, he’d been worried we didn’t have enough time to get everything right before this call. We’d also need to speed up our advertising schedule – and that meant giving the OK for the next promo tape – I popped it into the VCR.

As Winston Churchill begins to speak, a series of signature moves begins to play on the screen:

We’ll fight them on the seas

>Waterwheel slam<

We’ll fight them on the beaches

>High angle Canadian Crab<

We’ll fight them on the fields

>Windsprint clothesline<

We’ll fight them on the streets

>Garbage can to the head<

We’ll fight in the hills

>Flip bump from the top of a ladder<

We will never surrender

>A face screaming in pain whilst trapped in a crossface<

>Fade to BCW logo<

Edited by Rich F

With the TV deal brought forward, it was time to firm up details of our show schedule. We had a tour circuit planned, dividing the UK into regions and visiting 4 different cities in each region over a 4 day weekend (Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon). That way, we shouldn't overexpose any region, we'd only be there once every two months, and should cut down on travel costs. It does mean that anyone we sign can't really be used reguarly by any other company, and Scotland is going to be fun with McPeterson, but that is two months away and hopefully we can smooth some things out before then. Anyway, here's the schedule from www.BCW.com

South Coast

Maidstone; Brighton; Portsmouth; Southampton

Thames Corridor

Cardiff; Bristol; Reading; London

East Anglia

Southend; Ipswich; Norwich; Kings Lynn

Midlands

Nottingham; Coventry Birmingham; Stoke-on-Trent

North East

Liverpool; Manchester; Sheffield; Leeds

North West

York; Middlesborough; Newcastle; Carlisle

Scotland

Glasgow; Edinburgh; Stirling; Dundee

We’d just finished reviewing the last four shows back to back, and my eyes were killing me. We all agreed that we needed to change Winston Smith’s music, the samba was proving too slow and was taking away from his entrance, rather than adding to it. Ed suggested >King of the Dancehall< by Beanie Man, “it really gives that Caribbean feel plus we get the capoeira crossover of dance as combat.” An argument arose over Grant Morrison’s music, I’m still not sold on Massive Attack’s >Inertia Creeps<, but Ed is adamant – “it stands out from everyone else and it grows on you. 6 months down the line, everyone will love it, and isn’t that what you want for him – a slow build. I’m giving you that with just the damn music, all you have to do is not screw it up with the booking.”

Steve was going through the online reports, which were generally favourable. Outside of the “OMG TAHT WAS DA BST SHOW 3VER!1!!! WTF LOL W3L DON3!!!!1! OMG WTF LOL” and “upstart promotion, can’t compete with ‘insert name here’ which is clearly better” we got a couple of useful comments. As expected, Highspot got the best response and obviously connected well with the audience. Simon Templar blew everyone away with his ring work, and Alex Stone was just outstanding with his mic work, which isn’t a surprise given his pedigree. Hopefully he can give the rest of the roster some pointers. One negative was the Hendry Trance lights out – appear in the ring entrance -which came across as lame at the time, and I’m thinking it will only got worse so we’ll need to work on something else. Perhaps a strobe effect with some Trance music playing?

Sophie thinks we should edit the tapes down so that we can use them further down the line – either as a filler or as a special release. I agree it would be helpful to have something in the bag, but I’m not willing to say yes until I’d watched them a couple more times. I certainly don’t want to release them yet as I don’t think it will make the best first impression for the company. There are too many niggles I want to change and many of the matches were designed to test ideas, rather than put on the best possible performance. Once we have a fanbase established, then there will probably be a market for this and at the end of the day it’s all about the profit margin. Besides, we have more than enough work to produce just an hour’s TV out of this - and we only have 3 days to finish that!

The wrestlers all seemed reasonably happy with their matches, no huge mistakes or blow ups backstage, but I’ll try to have a chat with each of the wrestlers before the next set of shows. Once again this will take more viewings of the tapes to look for things we can tweak or improve. I guess I’m going to be sick of these shows by the end of the weekJ. Before I climb into bed, I need to OK the last promo tape before we debut. I pop it into the machine and take a swig of JD.

“When a man is tired of fighting, he’s tired of life.”

>A double speed montage begins to play: kick, punch, slam, suplex, lariat, bodypress, DDT, piledriver, powerbomb<

“Choose life, choose Britain Championship Wrestling”

“Starting this Thursday – 22/9/05”

>Fade to BCW logo<

Edited by Rich F

BCW ROSTER

Alex Stone

5’11” 231lbs

From Calgary, Alberta, Canada

A scion of the legendary Stone family, this third generation superstar was trained by Dan Stone himself, and has all the tools to become a major player. Already garnering a cult following in the MWC, the master of the Stonecutter may well be his own biggest fan. Is he all he’s hyped to be? There’s only one place to find out.

Billy Clark

5’8” 185lbs

From Harlow, Essex

The ‘Nu Skool Thug’ is no respecter of people or property, as Diarmad MacDonald found out recently. A graduate of Arik Sloan’s High Impact Wrestling he has mastered an impressive array of lucha inspired submissions whilst showing a predilection for cheap shots.

'Bulldog' Jack Brown

6’1” 238lbs

From Liverpool, Merseyside

The Bulldog doesn’t know the meaning of the word quit, unsurprising when you consider Tommy Bailey was his trainer. His never say die attitude has been winning him fans around the country, whilst his patented Bulldog Bomb has been winning him victories.

Chris Docherty

6’1” 248lbs

from Belfast, Northern Ireland

They say that red heads often have a temper, and the Belfast Bruiser does nothing to disprove it – indeed, he seems to have a hair trigger on his temper. To paraphrase the late Bill Bixby ‘<span style='color:blue'>Don’t make him angry, you wouldn’t like him when he’s angry</span>’. Of course, most people don’t like him anyway but that could have something to do with his ‘sour’ demeanour. Chris isn’t looking to win any popularity contests here in BCW, just work out some frustrations on whoever gets in his way.

Cythraul

5’10” 222lbs

from Cardiff, Wales

There’s something magnetic about the Welsh devil, something that makes you want him to like you, and he uses that to get away with some of the dirtiest tricks in wrestling. In the words of the immortal Oscar Wilde he seems “<span style='color:blue'>able to resist everything except temptation</span>.”

Daniel Reed

5’7” 167lbs

From Manchester, Greater Manchester

The self-proclaimed Corporate Cuthroat was a high flyer in a leading blue chip company before switching careers to the squared circle. When we asked him why the change he informed us “<span style='color:blue'>Unless you try to do something beyond that which you have already mastered, you will never grow</span>.”

‘Gladiator’ Brute Hammer

6’6” 284lbs

From Newcastle, Tyne and Weir

Known as Tetsu, the Iron Man, in GCG, the Gladiator has returned home to prove what Japan has known for some time – no one can stop the Hammer. He has the size, he has the power, he has the attitude and he has perhaps the most devastating finishing move in the world in the form of the Burning Hammer.

Grant Morrison

6’ 227lbs

From Portsmouth, Hampshire

The Rollerball earned his nickname from his frenetic and energetic wrestling style in HIW, where he was the resident starmaker. The human powerball is hoping for a role reversal here in BCW.

Greg Fisher

5’10” 260lbs

from Birmingham, West Midlands

One of the calmest people in wrestling, nothing seems to phase Greg Fisher, despite this being his rookie year in the business. Does he know something the rest of us don’t?

Hendry Trance

6’2” 245lbs

From Glasgow, Scotland

The Lone Wolf does things his own way and never takes a back step to anyone, even in the executive area of a London nightclub. A standout star for MOSC, Trance is one of the top brawlers in the business and promises to raise hell in BCW.

Johnny Highspot

5‘10“ 190lbs

From Southend-on-Sea, Essex

‘Nobody gets higher’ than the UK’s premier flyer. The biggest name on the UK scene is famed for his Innovation DDT – it’s different every time, but the end result is always the same – 1 … 2 … 3 and another tick in the win column.

Luchalicious

5’9” 199lbs

From Tijuana, Mexico

The highflying luchadore is ‘quicker than a hiccup’ and his awesome array of armdrags and headscissors leave his opponents dazed and confused. One to watch, but don’t blink or you’ll miss him. Accompanied to the ring by the lovely Tiffany and wearing his trademark multi-coloured mask and SWANK fur coat, Luchalicious is hard to miss.

Shemus O’Shaunassy

5’10” 210lbs

From Dublin, Ireland

Dublin’s favourite son has an amazing talent, but appears to be more interested in the ‘craic’. Many commentators believe he could be a future world champion, if he can only focus on the ring, rather than playing to the fans.

‘SHWSTLR’ Jason Dean

5’9” 191lbs

From California, Berkshire

The Showstealer claims to hit harder than Sam Strong and fly higher than Duane Stone. Of course, he also claims to be a huge rock star in Germany and Japan where he is ‘<span style='color:blue'>bigger than Hasselhoff’</span>. He has self-belief, if nothing else.

Simon Templar

6’ 235lbs

From Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

The patron saint of Muga, or pure wrestling, was trained in Billy Reilly’s infamous Snakepit, Simon has an old school approach to wrestling dating back to Karl Gotch and Farmer Burns. Perhaps the most fluid chain wrestler in the industry, his matches with Awesome Thunder in WLW were the talk of the Japanese wrestling industry and we have high hopes his matches in BCW will be just as good.

Tumatuenga

6’6” 280lb

from Aotearoa

The Maori Mauder was a feared member of the Mongrel Mob in his native New Zealand. A promising rugby career was hampered by his love of fighting, but he was saved from serious jail-time when his rugby coach introduced him to pro-wrestling, where he proved a natural. His raw size and power, athletic training and streetfighting instincts may be too much for anyone.

Winston Smith

6’2” 240lbs

from Kingston, Jamaica

Retired from MMA with a knee injury, he has made the jump to pro-Wrestling. His ever-present smile and infectious charisma won him a large following in the octagon, and he hopes to earn a similar following with his performances in the squared circle. Smile Mon!

Edited by Rich F

BCW ROSTER - TAG TEAMS

Bhangra Boyz

Sanjay

5’9” 228lbs

From Leeds, West Yorkshire

Sanjay is fearless in the ring. Indeed, he brings the phrase ‘high-risk offence’ to a whole new level. Given his favourite hobbies include base jumping and sky diving, it’s little surprise he’s earned the nickname ‘the Suicide Machine’.

Ranjit

5’11” 231lbs

From Bradford, West Yorkshire

One of the most underrated flyers in the North of England, Ranjit’s smoothness in the ring often makes his work look effortless, but nothing could be further from the truth. Natural ability, combined with gymnastic training, enable him to perform dives that are as beautiful as they are devastating.

the Firm

Dan Gibraltar

6’3” 254lbs

From London, England

‘The Rock’ is a big, strong brawler from South London. He’s always up for a bit of aggro, but don’t spill any claret on his clobber or you’ll get tucked up good and proper.

Chris Coey

5’8” 214lbs

From London, England

The Crippler has turned pain into an art form. Combining his sadistic techniques with his partner’s raw power results in one dangerous team, a team that will take out anyone if the price is right.

Heartbreak Inc

Kid Romeo

5’9” 199lbs

From Brighton, Sussex

The man with the best hair in British wrestling is more than just a pretty face with his Jap-lucha aerial assault. His speed perfectly compliments his partners’ power, making Heartbreak Inc a difficult team to beat.

Love Machine

6’4” 266lbs

From parts unknown

Despite a body that appears to have been sculpted by Michelangelo, the masked man’s identity remains a mystery. This is due not only to his trademark mask, but also his reluctance to speak, preferring to let his actions speak for him.

Hunt Club

Montague

6’3” 245lbs

From Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.

The Blue Blood from Cheltenham is heir to a multi-million pound estate, and need never work a day in his life. He wrestles purely to prove that he is better than “the peasants who infest his country.”

Beaumont

6’1” 235lbs

From Gloucester, Gloucestershire

Beaumont could have played cricket for his county, and is also a keen polo player, but neither could totally satisfy his desire to dominate and humiliate his opponents. Only the squared circle offered him that opportunity, so he recruited his friend Montague to assist him in his favoured ‘blood sport’ as the Hunt Club.

Urban Gang Stars

G-Man

5’9” 202lbs

From St Pauls, Bristol

The G-Man was a breakout star in the Bristol backyard scene, and is the brains behind the Urban Gang Stars. A self-styled pimp, he’s out to earn respect as he makes the competition into his ‘beotches’.

Dirty Dogg

5’10” 212lbs

From St Pauls, Bristol

The D-O-double G provides the brawn in the Gang Stars, and is fiercely loyal to the G-Man. The Dogg is looking to turn BCW into his yard, but can his bite match his bark?

BCW ROSTER - STAFF

Ross ‘the Boss’ Jordan

Ross is a legend on the British wrestling scene, having had a pivotal role in the formation of DaVE. Prior to that he helped popularise the dirt sheet here in the UK and he turned the UK Scene on its head in ‘98 with the formation of UCW. After a break from the business he has returned to provide expert analysis as part of our commentary team.

Lynn Cox

The enfant terrible of national radio, Lynn is a lifelong wrestling fan who has stepped out with none other than Tommy Cornell. When she heard about the formation of BCW, she quit her job – live on air, to come and work for us as part of our commentary team. She’s not afraid to speak her mind, which should make for some interesting exchanges with ‘the Boss’.

Alicia Stuart

Our head referee has an excellent background having worked for NNW. She combines brains and beauty, and has made it clear she won’t take any nonsense from anyone.

BCW TV

To the sound of >the Duel of the Fates< the letters B – C – W burn onto the screen as a montage of images begin to play. Hendry Trance delivers a crunching chairshot; the SHWSTLR plays (ch)air guitar; the Bhangra Boys hit stereo dives; Daniel Reed adjusts his tie; Shemus has a goofy grin and two thumbs up; Greg Fisher leaps with a 5 Star frog splash; the Urban Gang Stars are in “gangsta” pose; Simon Templar demonstrates the headstand escape; the Firm stand with arms folded; Heartbreak Inc connect with the Heartbreaker; Billy Clark has a sleazy grin; Luchalicious flies overhead with a tope con hilo; Tumatuenga is mid haka; Cythraul turns to the camera and shrugs as a sly smile spreads across his face; Grant Morrison flips into Cattle Mutilation; the Hunt Club look down their noses; Bulldog Brown wears the crimson mask; Alex Stone has his arms raised in adoration; Johnny Highspot delivers the Innovation DDT; GBH pulls off the hockey mask to scowl at the camera.

Ross and Lynn introduce themselves to the viewers and welcome them to the show before taking us straight to the action.

Bhangra Boys vs Urban Gang Stars

We join the match in progress as the Bhangra Boys use their quickness to keep the Dirty Dogg on the back foot with their lucha based offence. A series of armdrags leave the Bristol native dazed and confused, easy prey for a dropkick that causes the UGS member to fall through the ropes to ringside. There he is comforted by the G-Man, causing some fans to suggest they might be gay.

The G-Man reacts angrily, shouting “We is not botty boys, we is PIMPS!” They turn round with smug expressions on their faces, only to fall victim to a Sanjay pescado. The Dogg is thrown back into the ring, but he catches the Bhangra Boy as he tries to enter the ring, and we enter the heel beatdown section of the match. The D – O – double G distracts the ref whilst his partner uses the tag rope to gain some heat, then the duo proceed to stomp a mudhole with quick tags. A G-Man curbstomp would have scored a 3, if Ranjit hadn’t broken up the pinfall, but Sanjay was still down when the double D signalled for a powerbomb. The Leeds native somehow able to counter with a huricanrana leaving both men down. As Sanjay struggled to make the tag, the G-Man ran in causing the distraction causing the official to miss the tag and order a fired up Ranjit from the ring. The Gang Stars set up their next double team with an Irish whip, but Sanjay dived under the follow up double clothesline to make the hot tag and it all breaks down as all four men are in the ring. Stereo dropkicks send both Gang Stars to the outside, and the Bhangra Boys aren’t shy about joining them as they take to the air with stereo dives.

As the fans applaud the highlight, two men make their way down the aisle, Chris Coey and Dan Gibraltar – the Firm. Coey helps Ranjit to his feet, then throws him into a Gibraltar mafia kick, dropping him like a stone. Sanjay races to help his partner, but runs straight into a Gibraltar flapjack, spiked by a Coey DDT.

The outside interference causes the referee to throw the match out as the Gang Stars high five before laying some smack on their downed opponents. “See what happens when you mess with a St Paul’s Playa, Beotch!” They then offer their hands to the Firm, who look to each other before extending their own hands – short clotheslines to the UGS. Coey ‘rolls the dice’ on the G-Man whilst Gibraltar drops the Dogg with a sit out powerbomb. Coey grabs a microphone from the ring announcer.

Nothin’ personal ladies, this was just business. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. BCW is our manor, and we’re in business. You want someone tucked up, you give us a bell - we’ll take ahht anyone if the price is right.

We cut to the commentary team as they inform us that after the events we have just witnessed, the Bhangra Boys challenged the Firm to a match, a challenge that was quickly accepted. Therefore, next week on BCW TV, the Bhangra Boys will take on the Firm.

Tumatauenga hype video

“Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora! Ka mate! Ka mate! Ka ora! Ka ora!”

>A floor level camera pans up to make the 6’6” Maori look a legitimate 7’ tall<

“Tenei te tangata puhuru huru”

>He rolls his massive shoulders, highlighting his impressive traps<

“Nana nei I tiki mai”

>A close up of his face reveals the intricate moko tattoos<

“Whakawhiti te ra”

>He slowly turns his head to the left, scowling<

“A upa … ne! Ka upa ne!”

>He cracks his knuckles …<

“A upane kaupane whiti te ra!”

>…then slams them into a sheet-rock pillar, leaving a huge fist imprint<

“Hi!”

------
Dead 2 Morality Wrestling ALL AMERICAN HOMECOMING

Now available to buy on DVD.

/forum/index.php?showtopic=28128">www.D2M-W.com

------ Edited by Rich F

Rich,

Finally I can comment. :D

It was hard earlier because outside of the bWo ("We're taking over!" Quiet guys.) I'd read the majority of it before.

For the first show I thought it really strong and loved the characterizations, but found the final segment odd. It left a bad taste in my mouth. The reason being that on your first show to have a non-match as the final image struck me as not the way you should have debuted your product. Was it a 30 minute or 1 hour show?

But all the other things amazed me. The link to another diary... inspired. The characterization of Tumatauenga & Reed were spot on, although I'm a bit saddened you jobbed out Reed-let so easily. At least it was to the Monster Maori. (Oh, another quibble, Maori Maurader is ok, but I prefer Monster Maori or Maori Mauler - but that's just me being me.)

Thought the Bhangra Boys and UGS's match was fun and the Firm interfering set your tag division up better than a lot of current promotions.

Great to finally see a show, loved the Haka video, mark my words - that Maori is gonna be HUGE!

Creed/Highspot needs to kick off huge next week to get the fans tuning in and Billy Clark... needs some steel drums mon!

Great stuff (as ever)

Glad you enjoyed the show.

First things first, the show is an hour long, though adverts reduce the time a little. The advetising segments are designed to help pace this (though they use the British timing, rather than US - watching RAW live is just a surreal experience as they seem to jump to commercial every few minutes). As this is TEW, there are many 1 minute segments, such as the announce team announcing a match that don't rate their own write up.

Confession time with the last segment. When originally conceived, this was a live show, and what could be more heelish (and Sports Entertainment) than denying the fans their main event? My decision to change the TV show to clips from house shows makes the decision to show this at the end look a little odd, but I thought it still carried some weight as a cliffhanger ending (of sorts) which would leave people talking about the product (the watercooler effect).

As far as the Monster / Marauder / Mauler debate, I don't think any nicknames are settled yet :)

BCW TV preview

This week on BCW TV, Gladiator Brute Hammer makes his long awaited return to the UK, the Bhangra Boys seek revenge on the Firm, we attempt to shed more light on the Johnny Highspot Nathan Creed situation, plus the debut of 3rd generation superstar Alex Stone.

All this and more on Thursday 29th September, 9pm, only on The Wrestling Channel.

Rich F,

Is it Ben or Brute Hammer? Personally I'm leaning towards the latter, just sounds more menacing. Ok and Alex Stone should be from Quebec I believe, as it is the DeColts who run things out of Calgary. (I only know this because the only game I made any headway with was as CGC.)

I'll forgive the ending of the debut show, but only coz you're you. :D

I just figure doing that on the first show, Main Event SWERVE~ would be a bit of a slap in the face the fans, but hell, I'm still reading.

Oh, and here is a signature spot for the Maori unMonikered... I'm sure he's coated with the tribal tattoos Maori are renowned for, so what I think you should do as the set up for his Island Driver, have him 'ink up' a tattoo on his forearm then deliver a Savage Forearm to his opponent's chest. Victim reels back off the ropes sporting an inky temporary tattoo and up into the Island Driver.

Leaves his opponent's chest red and blackened.

Just a thought.

Hi Beek, thanks for casting your criticial eye over the Bee Cee Dub, even if it does make me feel like a WWE writer as the internet types 'You Fucked Up' :crying: Anyhow, you're points are addressed inside, so without further ado, on with the show.

BCW TV

To the sound of >the Duel of the Fates< the letters B – C – W burn onto the screen as a montage of images begin to play. Hendry Trance delivers a crunching chairshot; the SHWSTLR plays (ch)air guitar; the Bhangra Boys hit stereo dives; Daniel Reed adjusts his tie; Shemus has a goofy grin and two thumbs up; Greg Fisher leaps with a 5 Star frog splash; the Urban Gang Stars are in “gangsta” pose; Simon Templar demonstrates the headstand escape; the Firm stand with arms folded; Heartbreak Inc connect with the Heartbreaker; Billy Clark has a sleazy grin; Luchalicious flies overhead with a tope con hilo; Tumatuenga is mid haka; Cythraul turns to the camera and shrugs as a sly smile spreads across his face; Grant Morrison flips into Cattle Mutilation; the Hunt Club look down their noses; Bulldog Brown wears the crimson mask; Alex Stone has his arms raised in adoration; Johnny Highspot delivers the Innovation DDT; GBH pulls off the hockey mask to scowl at the camera.

Ross and Lynn introduce the show and go straight into a recap of last weeks show. They promise to bring us a pre-recorded interview with Johnny Highspot’s thoughts on the situation later in the show, but right now we have an interview with Billy Clark as he arrived at the arena.

Billy Clark

Billy Clark can be seen walking across the car park, carrying his kit bag. He is approached by Francis Dean.

“Billy, it’s Francis Dean from BCW TV. I wonder if I could have a quick word with you?”

“Are you mi homie Franny? Are wi mates? Den why are you calling me Billy? You will address me az Mr Clark if you know wat’z good for ya!”

“Sorry Mr Clark. I was just wondering if you could tell us why you failed to show up for your challenge match with Johnny Highspot last week?”

“Simple Fran … you know … I got a betta offer.”

“A better offer? From who? Was it, as many suspect, from Nathan Creed?"

“Sure was … ‘E offered to match mi pay if me didn’t show … um … and afta ‘e clued me in az to what kind ov wanka John Boy was … you know … me waz more van happy to tayk an early bath. Easiest night’z pay me eva mayd.”

“So it’s not true that you were afraid of Johnny Highspot?”

“Afraid? Moi? Me don’t fink so … John Boy got off easy, jus look wat me did to dat idiot Hendry Trance at Eternity.”

“Speaking of Hendry Trance, there are rumours that you have been dodging him since the Eternity incident.”

“Dodging ‘im? Dodging ‘im! E’z dodging me … me already kicked hiz arse once … ‘e don’t want anova piece ov diz.”

“Well Trance is scheduled to be here tonight, so we should be able to see who is dodging whom.”

“Trance iz coming ‘ere tonight? … den ‘ez one lucky punk … um … coz me got a previouz engagement ... got to see a man about a dog … laters Franny.”

Clark heads back into his carpark, throws his bag into the back of his car and speeds off.

Bhangra Boyz vs the Firm

Before the match begins, we cut to some pre-recorded comments from the Firm.

“We told you ladies that it was just business, but ya still took it personal. You’ve got minerals, I’ll give you that, but I think you come up a little short when it comes to the brains department. Well I ‘ope you two like the taste of hospital food, coz’ we’re gonna take you ahht.”

The Bhangra Boys are in the ring as the Firm make their entrance, but Sanjay and Ranjit don’t stay there for long as they meet the Firm in the aisle with stereo dives. As the fans pop, the Punjab’s favourite wrestlers send Dan Gibraltar over the rail and into the fans with stereo dropkicks. They grab Chris Coey for more of the same, but he responds with a brace of low blows. The Crippler goes for a chair, but is intercepted by the referee who tries to maintain some kind of order in the match. Coey settles for his fists and starts to go to work on Sanjay. Ranjit makes the save, jumping on his back and trapping him in a sleeper until Gibraltar makes his return from the crowd with a Mafia kick right between Ranjit’s eyes. The Rock drags the Bradford native into position for a powerbomb, ignoring the referee’s pleas, only to be halted by a steel chair to the back of the head. The Urban Gang Stars are in the hizouse as the Dirty Dogg swings the steel a second time, dropping Gibraltar to the floor. Coey is next in line as the G-Man feeds him to his partner. Ben Bradley throws the match out as Sanjay and Ranjit taste the steel as well and this situation is out of control. We cut away as the Urban Gang Stars throw gang signs over their fallen foes.

We cut back to Ross and Lynn who announce that these three teams will meet in a three-way dance at the Challenge Cup on October 23rd, where we will also see a tournament to crown the first BCW champion.

- - - - -

AWO Year 1 - now available to own on DVD.

Bonus features include El Bulldust colour commentary “Jou liyeek?

Walk don’t run to /forum/index.php?showtopic=7255">www.AWO.com

- - - - -

Guest Rich F

BCW TV preview

This week on BCW TV, Mexican superstar Luchalicious does battle with the Muga man Simon Templar, exclusive footage of the Hendry Trance – Billy Clark brawl at the Eternity nightclub, Nathan Creed replies to Johnny Highspot’s comments, the G-Man takes on the debuting SHWSTLR Jason Dean and Heartbreak Inc takes on the Hunt Club.

All this and more on Thursday 6th October, 9pm, only on The Wrestling Channel.

Edited by Rich F