Your Top 10 Songs Right Now

Lowerdeck

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark & Travis formed another band. ;)

Kinda like Travis and Tom did with Boxcar Racer?

Ever since that fateful February day when Blink-182 announced they were going on an indefinite hiatus, fans of the band have been clamoring to know just what the future holds for their beloved Mark, Tom and Travis.

For the most part the guys have remained silent, aside from a few vaguely worded statements from drummer-turned-reality-TV-star Travis Barker (see "Travis Barker Sets The Record Straight On Blink-192 Hiatus"). So MTV News sat down with singer/bassist Mark Hoppus, and while he claimed the group's current hiatus had been planned for some time, he also made it sound like Blink fans shouldn't hold their breath for a reunion.

"We've always planned to have this hiatus. On our last tour we planned on having this hiatus," he said. "But it is an indefinite hiatus. I don't know what to expect at this point. I'll never say never, but we are taking a break. But as for what happens in the future, I don't know."

As for his own plans in the near future, "Right now, Travis and I are using the time off to start this project called Plus 44, which kind of started in Travis' basement," he said. "It's very exciting, like a breath of fresh air.

"It's all very electronic right now. We have a girl singing part of the vocals. She and I are trading off vocals. Travis is going on the Warped Tour with the Transplants, and we'll record up until he leaves. And if the record's done at that point, we'll release the record later this year."

Hoppus stopped short of revealing any more information about Plus 44 — including the name of the aforementioned female vocalist — but Barker's assistant was a bit more forthcoming with the info. The female voice is supplied by Carol Heller, formerly of the California all-girl punk quartet Get the Girl, and the band's name is not a swipe at Blink-182 (as some fan sites have claimed), but rather a reference to the country code needed when placing a phone call to the United Kingdom, because that's where Hoppus and Barker first discussed the new band.

And speaking of Barker, he's just as busy. His plate is filled with a new reality show, "Meet the Barkers," the upcoming Transplants record (see "Transplants Write 22 Songs In 12 Days But Can't Think Of Names For Any Of Them"), a planned album featuring his collaborations with hip-hop artists, and — most importantly to him — Plus 44.

"If Blink was the daytime, Plus 44 is the nighttime. It's such a departure from Blink, but it's amazing," Barker enthused. "I play all the drums, but they're electronic drums, plus I play piano and keyboard on it. And I've been making beats for it. ... I am just going to keep working on stuff. Everything's A-plus."

Yeah, it's still an indefinite hiatus, but the above quoted makes it seem like the chances of Blink getting back together is slim to none.

Now, please continue to doubt everything I say, oh holy one.

So, they say its an indefinite hiatus, yet you seem to wonder why I doubted you when you said they were on a break....

Do you want to place a bet?

Mark my words, Blink is dead. And I can't say I'm too shook about it. Bring on Plus 44, I say.

I wouldn't care if Blink are dead, but unless the music that they then (in thier new projects) produce is amazing, no-one will care for them outside of Blink. Maybe Blink are dead, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got back together the second they realise that they can't roll without each other.

Fair enough, if the music thats created by the side/new projects is halfway decent, then maybe it won't happen, but Boxcar were shocking, and The Transplants were ok, but nothing special. They've gotta go some way to convince me that thier music is worth it.

I think it has the chance to be awesome. Boxcar sounded like a Blink ripoff to an extent, and The Transplants are garbage. But this new band sounds like it has all the potential in the world.

I think it has the chance to be awesome. Boxcar sounded like a Blink ripoff to an extent, and The Transplants are garbage. But this new band sounds like it has all the potential in the world.

From reading what they say about the band, I'm worried they are straying too close to Head Automatica-style sounds. HA did an awesome job of what they did, so they'd have to go a long way to top that, unless I misinterpreted the sound they are saying they have.

The whole "indefinite hiatus" thing has always just sounded like a really good marketing ploy. Get people interested in a band whose popularity was beginning to fade, and they get a relief from the pressures of the road and touring. Meanwhile, since Blink went out before they became a joke of their former selves, people are still hoping to get anything from the guys so that's automatic hype for side projects which otherwise would likely bomb or appeal to small, niche audiences. So they get a lighter schedule, get to goof around with side projects, and then when they're rested, they can reunite and people will go apeshit.

Guest ch1ppy08

10 Last Resort by Papa Roach

9 Hit That by Offspring

8 Helena by My Chemical Romance

7 Holiday by Green Day

6 Almost by Bowling for Soup

5 Perfect by Simple Plan

4 Anthem of Our Dying Day by Story of the Year

3 What's My Age Again? by blink-182

2 Only One by Yellowcard

1 Memory by Sugarcult

1. "Maps" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

2. "Decent Days And Nights" by The Futureheads

3. "5 Years" by Bjork

4. "Singing In The Rain" by Gene Kelly & Mint Royale

5. "Njosnavelin" by Sigor Ros

6. "Robot Rock" by Daft Punk

7. "A.M. 180" by Grandaddy (quintessential summer tune)

8. "Casual Sex" by The Faint

9. "Oh My God" by Kaiser Chiefs

10. "Slow" by Kylie Minogue

I'm eclectic, but I think most of these will be involved in my "Summer" album.

1. Green Day - Holiday

2. Weezer - Beverly Hills

3. Kaiser Chiefs - Oh my god

4. Queens of the Stone Age - Little Sister

5. Gorillaz - Feel good inc.

6. Zebrahead - Get Back

7. Offsrping - Bad Habit

8. Velvet Revolver - Slither

9. Lostprophets - My Last Summer

10. Anouk - Girl

1. The Real Tuesday Weld - Bathtime in Clerkenwell

2. NIN - All The Love In the World

3. Weezer - My Best Friend

4. Dizzee Rascal - Stand Up Tall

5. K-Os - The Love Song

6. NIN - The Hand That Feeds

7. Beck - Black Tambourine

8. DJ Format (ft. MC Abdominal) - Ugly Brother

9. Sam Roberts - On the Run

10. Limp Bizkit - The Truth

1. Mr. Brightside (The Killers)

2. Holiday (Green Day)

3. Robot Rock (Daft Punk)

4. Feel Good In. (Gorillaz)

5. Why Do You Love Me (Garbage)

That's all I have really liked this year, I don't rate RNB to highly so no rap songs made it into my list.

Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl.

50 Cent - Disco Inferno.

Akon - Mr Lonley.

Mario - Let Me Love You.

The Game - Hate It Or Love It.

Tony Christie - Is This The Way To Amarillo.

Lethal Bizzie - POW!

Gwen Stefani - Rich Girl.

50 Cent - Candyshop.

The Game Ft. 50 Cent - How We Do