From OVW To WWE

user posted image

From Wrestling-Heat.com

May 4, 2005

William Regal publicly blasted the WWE on a radio show. WWE has chosen to suspend William Regal for a month, as for the World Tag Team title he holds, WWE has not decided if they will vacant the title, or give Tajiri a new partner.

user posted image

From WWE.com

May 4, 2005

WWE House Show Results:

Lufisto over Beth Phoenix

Maven over Rob Conway

Rosey over Tyson Tomko

Val Venis over Mark Henry

Chris Jericho over Ric Flair

Oh and 1 quick point, you know like when WWE realise the previews for shows? Thats not a bad layout to try and write your show previews like. It gives a background to why the matches are happening, it tells us what history made the matches happen in the first place and there is always the added factor of the matches not always being set in stone as the card 'is subject to change'.

user posted image

From WWE.com

May 4, 2005

WWE Smackdown! card:

Larry McBlane VS Paul London [WWE Cruiserweight]

Larry McBlane is debuting in the WWE, he will be given a chance rarely ever given, he will be making his debut by going up against the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Paul London, with the title on the line. Will this newcomer make his presence known?

El Devante VS Scotty 2 Hotty

Yet another debuting worker, El Devante (formerly known as Psychosis) will be facing up against one of WWE fan's fun loving superstars, Scotty 2 Hotty. Can El Devante start his career in WWE with a win?

Orlando Jordan VS ??? [WWE United States]

Orlando Jordan will be defending his title, but against who? no one knows yet, it seems new Smackdown GM, Shane McMahon, wants to make a surprise. Orlando Jordan will have to be ready for anything if he wishes to keep his championship.

Dudley Boyz VS Guerrero and Mysterio [WWE Tag Team]

Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio defend the tag titles up against the team of Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley. Dudley Boyz finally getting the title shot they have been waiting for for a month has finally come, are they prepared?

John Cena VS RVD [WWE Heavyweight]

The main event of the night, will John Cena keep his the title that everyone is after? Does RVD have what it takes to become the top star of Smackdown? Whatever the outcome, it is sure to leave the fans on the edge of their seats.

(Card Subject To Change)

Thats the type of preview I was talking about in a round-about way. Aklas, I have nothing else to say on that front so I'll make some predictions and give my thoughts on the matches.

Well, an alright way to debut yourself but hopefully we geta reason and storyline behind him (kayfabe) so as to the reason he debut's against London. Maybe London and McBlane have bad blood btween each other, or whatever the reason. However, I look for London to retain and for Larry to possibly get a few matches to prove himself for the title.

Scotty is almost the guy all debuting wrestlers beat, so I look to have Psichosis, or El Devante as he is now known, pick up the win. I'm guessing devante means Devil, if not, is it a type of ice cream? Anyways, this is pretty much filler with Devante picking up the clean win over scotty.

I look for Jordan to retain, then again you may want to put the strap on a guy like Haas for example, or maybe Booker T. Only problem I have with this match is I dont see Jordan winning and it also takes up room when people such as Angle, JBL and Booker T arent announced for the show yet.

Good tag team match, I look to see a continuation with the Guerrero/Mysterio eventual feud, The Dudleyz will most likely take the win here and we will go down the Chavo/Eddie path with one of them hinting a turn at almost every time we see them on TV.

Another *interesting* match. Not sure if your going with the tournament that was supposed to happen, or whether it finished, but whether it finished or not, I expect Cena o retain. It would be poor booking, in my opinion, for Van Dam to just take the title without any sort of buildup.

Overall decent card with areas that could use work, such as filler matches not taking up much space, as I see two on this card, one being the US title match and the other being the Scott/Devante match. I'm also not fully into the idea of the title being on the line in the main event, but whatever floats your boat. If I'd have booked that I would have had a Number 1 contenders match this week and then have a title match next wekk, but this way can work too.

Guest strongarm85

user posted image

From WWE.com

May 4, 2005

WWE Smackdown! card:

Larry McBlane is debuting in the WWE, he will be given a chance rarely ever given, he will be making his debut by going up against the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Paul London, with the title on the line. Will this newcomer make his presence known?

Yet another debuting worker, El Devante (formerly known as Psychosis) will be facing up against one of WWE fan's fun loving superstars, Scotty 2 Hotty. Can El Devante start his career in WWE with a win?

Orlando Jordan will be defending his title, but against who? no one knows yet, it seems new Smackdown GM, Shane McMahon, wants to make a surprise. Orlando Jordan will have to be ready for anything if he wishes to keep his championship.

Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio defend the tag titles up against the team of Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley. Dudley Boyz finally getting the title shot they have been waiting for for a month has finally come, are they prepared?

The main event of the night, will John Cena keep his the title that everyone is after? Does RVD have what it takes to become the top star of Smackdown? Whatever the outcome, it is sure to leave the fans on the edge of their seats.

(Card Subject To Change)

• 7 months later...