What games have you played today?

ROC

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mafia ~ 9/10 (PC)

Why the hell has it taken me until now to hear about this game? It's pretty old and yet i've heard little about it and not played it until this weekend. It is awesome, in the GTA mould for those who don't know, and I'm actually enjoying it more than GTA right now. Pretty good story so far too.

Links 2003 ~ 8.5/10 (PC)

Yeah, dug this out as well earlier. Very good golf game but now I remember why it it was buried away with other old games... it's bloody hard! Having played about 8 rounds my best score is 3 over par, with my worst at something like 22 over. Still, it's enjoyable as long as you're in a good mood, if not then avoid it or you'll be throwing the mouse and punching walls quite often. Pretty similar to Football Manager in that respect actually.

B0001ZXA88.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I hadn't played it for over half a year. After a single game I was ranking top of the post-game boards again. Lots more people are playing it again because of the new film, AND there was a new map, of Jabba's Palace. How awesome is that?

I just wished there were some new scenes from Episode 3 in it, along with some of those badass clone trooper/imperial trooper half-breeds.

But generally a very fun game online, when you have good company. Does get boring after 3 hours, but still, good fun to re-enact scenes from the film series (and battles that weren't on film). I just wish there wasn't so much damn lag in every game.

Also, single player, while extensive, sucks. They tried though.

I'll give it 7/10.

Guest Jules

Battlefield 2 Demo

Totally.Fucking.Awesome. First Battlefield game I have ever played, but I'm well into it now, and kicking serious ass online. Still can't fly planes and 'choppers for crap, though, but it's good to shoot 'em down with a Stinger.

9/10

LOTR: The Battle for Middle-Earth

I suck online, so I don't dare to start up a game anymore (the only game I won was when the player I was playing against disconnected), but the single player is still worth it. I'm currently defending Rohan (only got the game on Saturday), and it does get pretty boring when the Isengard forces continue to keep attacking and attacking, but flanking them and destorying their bases is too fun. If you're into LOTR and enjoy strategy games like C&C, this one's for you.

8.5/10

B00005ARV7.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Conker's Bad Fur Day (Nintendo 64)

9/10

Amazing game. Has a good solid single player with lots of humour and it keeps you wanting more. The multiplayer is excellent too. Although sometimes tough the game is a must have in any N64 collection.

Edited by CKN

B00001IVB4.01-A1VC38T7YXB528._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sim Theme Park - 6/10

Sim Theme Park might be considered the poor man's Roller Coaster Tycoon by many perspectives...and they would be all right. Despite the fact that Bullfrog made the first true coaster game with the PC classic Theme Park, RCT managed to popularize it to the masses. And while STP rises to the occasion with some decent stuff, in the end it's all desperate. And the very incompetent graphical engine, which lags at the first site of...anything doesn't help things, especially considering how seamless RCT is, even on most slower computers. All in all, while it's fun, I wish I had more RCT instead.

wcwrevenge1.JPG

WCW/NWO REVENGE - 8/10

Despite not matching up to WWF No Mercy, WCW/NWO Revenge is still a great game. While the graphics aren't the greatest, what can you do as it is an N64 game, and I'm probably used to PS2-esqe graphics. But the gameplay is still very good. Moves seem unlimited, and reversals seem to be specific for every move. Also, the AI can be great at times, while bad at others. However, it is great to be battling with someone on the outside when your partner comes out of nowhere with a senton from the top rope. Overall a great game.

Battlefield_2_Cover_gross.jpg

Battlefield 2 (demo) 8/10

A good game, highly enjoyable on LAN, and with friends over the net, can pack a lot of excitement. The new features own all and such simple things as hiding in a house and sniper has never been so fun. However an extremely good PC is needed for this to run smoothly. As the game is best played on 64 man servers, you need at least a GB of RAM, 1 MB Connection, and around 3 Ghz Processor, not to mention a strong 256 MB GFX card.

counter_logo.gif

Counter-Strike (1.6) 9/10

Still more popular than the newest version CS: Source, 1.6 has something that keeps the game the 'classic' CS that we all love. Graphic are sub par, but a highly addictive game that requires skill and experience to master. This is the game that revoulationised E-Sports.

Edited by Wee Man