What games have you played today?

ROC

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo 64) 10/10 The second best game ever on the N64, IMO. You can only guess what the first woud be.

Mortal Kombat (Genesis) 7/10 Not a bad fighting game but I thought it would be better than I remembered. Even today, though, it is pretty gruesome though, with the Grand Theft Autos and Manhunts that have come today, it is probably tame compared to them.

Madden '94 (Genesis) 7/10 Even more nostalgic Madden.

Perfect Dark (Nintendo 64) 9/10 Gets a minor bad rep because of its high anticipation as the Goldeneye follow-up, and while it's not as good as that game, it is still a very solid shooting title.

Jet Force Gemini (Nintendo 64) 8/10 A good adventure title that unfortunately failed in sales. This is a long game to beat as well so gamers can have many hours of 3PS (Third Person Shooter) fun.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super Mario RPG 9.5/10 - Amazing RPG, in the top three SNES RPGs, and probably in the top ten of all time.

Shadow Hearts - 8/10 - Unique RPG for the PS2, good gameplay, great storyline, but lack of any impressive graphics lets its down a little. But still a must buy for any RPG fan.

Hogs of War - 8/10 - A 3D re-take on Worms, while dated, still retains awesome multiplayer fun and great single player longivity(?).

Wizardry 8 - 7/10 - Good First Person RPG, many twists and a good storyline, but is far too linear when measured up to games like Morrowind.

Grandia 2 - 9/10 - Very underrated PS2 game, awesome story, with a healthy amount of twists, great battle animation, character development is up with that of FF6. Only downpoint is how easy it is and how linear it is. But none the less a very very good game.

AAAND TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL!

Golden Axe Warrior - 9/10 - Sega's answer to Zelda, and is an amazing game, even to this day, in my mind this beat Zelda for the Nes, due to the vastness of gameplay (for its time) this had, many won't appreciate how great this game is, but when comparing to all action games for the 8/16 bit consoles, this comes out as one of the best. Great gameplay. Great Graphics (again, for its time). Great replay value. and so many things to find. a great game.

Out of the Park 6 - 10/10(expect a diary soon)

Hollywood Mogul - 8/10

Grand Theft Auto 3 - 8/10

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - 7/10

Gran Turismo 4: prologue - 10/10(Got my hands on this when it first came out)

Metal Gear Solid 1 - 10/10

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - 10/10

Kingdom Hearts - 8/10

NBA Live 2004 - 7/10

Madden NFL 2004 - 10/10

Rise of Nations - 10/10

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 - 9.5/10

Extreme Warfare Revenge (PC) 8/10 I get in and out of EWR phases. Whenever I get in the phases, I get addicted to this game. Whenevr I get out of the phases, I don't get into it as much. As you can tell, I'm in a phase right now.

I have extensively been playing The Way Of The Samurai 2 on PS2.

It's a great game, with so much storyline and depth...Everything you do alters the town around you. You've got ten days in the town, you can be out for number one, help out the townspeople, work for the local authority, for the local yakuza gang or a mixture...Pick up swords, improve your swords, learn new fighting stances and generally wander around being a tough ronin samurai!

8.5/10

Sim Tower (PC) 7/10 Solid addictive game that you could find for free at the-underdogs.org. It's a solid game, plus, it's the only place where Kou has his own restaurants.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth-8/10 Yes..really.

I don't know why, but a few days ago I decided to pick that up and play again. Kind of weird after having been playing HCTP so long. I have to say for those that just have it lying around somewhere...now might be the time to pick it back up and play through season. You forget some of the little things that happen...and it's just like 'cool'. Somewhat like playing it for a first time. Plus...the graphics aren't worse then HCTP.. :ohwell: They're just..basically completely different.

Although the whole square for reverse thing, I recently realize sucks. It only works about 45% of the time when trying to time like HCTP. But anyways....still think it's a good game. And cool to pick up and play after not playing for a while.

Splinter Cell (Gamecube) 9/10 A good game with a great Clancy-esque story.

Shaq-Fu (Genesis) 4/10 The game itself is crap but the final boss says a line that is very true, "My wrap is better than your rap.", referring to Shaq, of course.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - 8.5/10

A great game, could have been even greater(like a masterpiece) if only if it wasn't so short(the main quest). Almost a masterpiece, and the visuals are gorgeous, I haven't seen Cel-Shading this good....ever. I can't wait until the next one coming 3rd-4th quarter in 2005. The trailer itself is breathtaking.