What games have you played today?

ROC

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B000003SQQ.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Clay Fighters 63 1/3 - 2.5/10 or (1/2*) A game that I sadly own. Weak fighting mechanics, weaker graphics, and bad jokes make this the worst game I've reviewed so far.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B0000631W0.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Konami Collector's Series: Arcade Advanced (GBA) - 6.5/10 or (**1/2) Ahh, the memories of playing Frogger and....uhhh....five other games.

B00005LOW5.01-A3LTAW8FHJ63G2.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Pac-Man Collection - 6.5/10 or (**1/2) More portable nostalgia.

Showdown: Legends of Wrestling III

6.5/10

The game is fun, and the controls are easily picked up. The nostalgia is almost awe-inspiring at times, but the movesets are nauseating in their inaccuracies, and moves are done ad-nauseam, even when trying not to.

The career mode sucks balls, but the Classic Matches were fun. There really is no re-payability to this, and I think that instead of paying $70 for this game, I'd rather pay $20 for a second memory card, and create my own Legends league in Here Comes The Pain.

B00002STHH.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. - 7/10 or (**1/2) The better of the two early N64 baseball games released in '98, but easily surpassed by its sequel in '99.

B00009IM2G.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Madden NFL 2004 - 9.5/10 or (***1/2) Still an amazing football title. I assume its shelf life will be about two more months (until my birthday when I'll try to get '05).

B00004WLMA.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

WWF No Mercy - 9/10 or (***1/2) Still easily the best wrestling game out there, even today.

goldeneye_007_box.jpg

Goldeneye - 10/10 or (****) In my opinion, the best dang game to ever be made and very faithful to the best Brosnan Bond film.

B00005TNI6.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Final Fantasy X - 10/10

I rarely rate a game as pure perfect, maybe one or two at the most and this is without a doubt one of them games. It lacks NOTHING what so ever for me. The music is top notch, pure brilliant and fits in greatly with the scene of the game. The characters are amazing too whatever anyone says about Seymour being a pussy. Tidus is just superb in the game, same goes for all the other characters. The graphics are damn great too. The storyline in my opinion is just wicked, I just love every single bit of it and it's got some super twists to it and is entertaining the whole way through. Also for anyone says this game gets boring after a while know nothing about gaming. If you play this game properly instead of attempting to rush through it then it can last for months on end. I mean I still haven't completed it, I've just got to the end of it and its taken damn ages but mainly because I wanted it to. When you find a good game, you don't want it to end, simple as. This lacks nothing at all, the greatest RPG ever and one of the best games EVER created.

Age of Mythology (PC)

Everything AOE has but with much more including a great looking 3-D engine.

9/10

Sunset Riders (Genisis)

Oh my, what a game! The graphics are, well, there Genisis but the gameplay is solid and the storyline is a lot of fun. What can be more enjoyable then shooting a rich fat guy out of a building and listening to him grumble "burry me with my...money". Great game that has a lot of great action mixed with some laughs.

8/10

Edited by Miami Vice

Guest seattlebandfan9

Madden 2005

Yeah..It's better than 04 but it's hard to say yet whether it beats out ESPN this year or not. I have both and I'm still trying to decide. ESPN is in the lead at the moment, but it's close in my opinion.

Regardless..Madden scores a 9.5/10

Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries - 7.5/10

I'm by no means a Mechwarrior freak, so I'm not at all interested in the story or technical aspects of the MW universe. I'm just here for some Mecchy laser action. Aaanyways, it's a fun game overall, I like it. I'd probably get a lot more out of the game (and rate it higher) if I was into the Mechwarrior universe.

Fire Pro Wrestling D - 8.5/10

It's pretty nifty. Matches are pretty engaging, with lots of counters and such going on. I just wish it had better animation... the moves are kind of choppy, and it would be so much better if they were more fluid and had more framed of animation. Ah well, it's a fun game, especially once you expand your roster with legends, ROH guys, ect.

And to JohnnyPerfect... FFX 10/10? I wouldn't give it that, I'd say 7.5/10. But I guess this isn't the debate thread ^_~

Completely offtopic, when ^_~ is a less gay looking wink than the default ;) You know there's problems XD

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin

8/10

I'd score it higher if I cold get past the third mission without being blown into oblivion by Russians with AK-47s >_<

Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries - 7.5/10

I'm by no means a Mechwarrior freak, so I'm not at all interested in the story or technical aspects of the MW universe.  I'm just here for some Mecchy laser action.  Aaanyways, it's a fun game overall, I like it.  I'd probably get a lot more out of the game (and rate it higher) if I was into the Mechwarrior universe.

Fire Pro Wrestling D - 8.5/10

It's pretty nifty.  Matches are pretty engaging, with lots of counters and such going on.  I just wish it had better animation... the moves are kind of choppy, and it would be so much better if they were more fluid and had more framed of animation.  Ah well, it's a fun game, especially once you expand your roster with legends, ROH guys, ect.

And to JohnnyPerfect... FFX 10/10?  I wouldn't give it that, I'd say 7.5/10.  But I guess this isn't the debate thread ^_~

boxshot_uk_small.jpg

Athens 2004 - 8/10

According to Maztat these sort of games are no fun, oh how this game says shut up to him :P . Not as good as International Track and Field on PS1, but still a damn good game. Pretty good graphics and super fun if you've got friends over. The 1500 is damn tiring and hard too.