Short Film Ideas?

Guest awitts

Guest awitts

Last year I entered a film into the Oska Bright Film Festival in Brighton. The film never won but it came pretty close. The film named “Gagged” was about a young lady who uses a Communication Aid to speak but unfortuantly her aid crashed and wouldn’t work. So this film shows her frustration as she has no voice and no one can hear her. It was only 1 minute long but it was very powerful.

Now this year theres going to be another film festival which I am entering again. I’m finding it very hard to think of ideas, so if you have any ideas then please let me know. I’d like something under 5 minutes which is very powerful and leaves a lasting impression on the judges mind.

Last year I entered a film into the Oska Bright Film Festival in Brighton. The film never won but it came pretty close. The film named “Gagged” was about a young lady who uses a Communication Aid to speak but unfortuantly her aid crashed and wouldn’t work. So this film shows her frustration as she has no voice and no one can hear her. It was only 1 minute long but it was very powerful.

Now this year theres going to be another film festival which I am entering again. I’m finding it very hard to think of ideas, so if you have any ideas then please let me know. I’d like something under 5 minutes which is very powerful and leaves a lasting impression on the judges mind.

Are you from Brighton? Wow.....so am I. I like screen writing and creative writing, just never really had a chance to do anything.

Hmmmm.....as for an idea...I'll have a think, and see what I can come up with. It might be better to just try and find one yourself, as it can be hard to turn someone else's vision into something.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

How easy is it to film so guy jumping from a building and falling? first you need a skyscraper, then you need someone suicidal (shouldn't be too hard these days), then you need a suicidal camera man that'll weigh the same as to fall at the same speed.

Then you need someone to catch the camera, you've only got 1 take too, so you may need several suicidal people.

just an idea I had:

Start the film off with a teenage boy going through tough situations (IE either his girlfriend breaks up with him , or he finds that his parents are splitting up) this sends him on a downward spiral. He runs to his room and slams the door.

next day he find a dealer on the street and buys a handgun and some type of drug with all the money he has saved. for three days he takes some of the drugs and tries to shoot himself but cannot do it , finally on the fifth day he takes the rest of the drugs and sits in hsi room with the handgun . he points it to his temple and as the gun goes off the screen goes to black then .

He Jumps up from a deep sleep. it had all been a dream (except for his girlfriend breaking up and his parents splitting and him buying the gun) overwhelmed by the dream he gets up and takes the gun to his parents and tell them he needs help

How easy is it to film so guy jumping from a building and falling? first you need a skyscraper, then you need someone suicidal (shouldn't be too hard these days), then you need a suicidal camera man that'll weigh the same as to fall at the same speed.

Then you need someone to catch the camera, you've only got 1 take too, so you may need several suicidal people.

I wrote a story once about a midget who worked as a department store elf and came home to his regular size wife cheating on him with the guy who play's Santa and proceeds to kill them both.

I dunno...makes me laugh.

I wrote a bunch of scripts for school, one of the most awesome (in my opinion) being a zombie movie set in teh trenches during WWI, where both sides get decimated by undead, and the survivors end up having to come together, despite not having a common language, in order to survive.

I actually managed to justfiably have it "inspired by a true story," as I got the idea when I thought about that story of the English and German soldiers coming out of their trenches at Christmas to play football, only to return after finishing the game, and exhcanging gifts.

The prof loved it, because I was one of the only people that actually went in a totally fictional, creative direction, while the majortity of people wrote about estranged fathers/sons/daughters being brought together by tragedy, or people meeting after not having seen eachother for years.

I also wrote a damn fine (if I do say so myself) script for out final 20 minute drama for school. It basically starts off with and proceeds to show a man, washing his bloody hands while more and more detailed and gruesome news reports talk about murders and a possible serial killer working in the area. As the movie goes on, you see the man having sort of psychotic episodes, where he hears voices telling him details about people, only to be followed up with news reports of those people being found dead.

You hear more and more of the voices clearly as the movie goes on, and in the end, the big twist reveals that the voices are actually telling him when someone is going to be murdered, and his link to all the crimes turns out to be his failed attempts to save the people.

The last person he tries to save ends up being his estranged girlfriend (she left him because he was always being so secrative etc, so she assumed he was having an affair). She stabs herself (Shakespeare-style!) seconds before he arrives at her place, and he ends up staying with her until the police come (he's spotted breaking down her door by a neighbour), since at that point, he doesn't have anything left to live for, and evidence at each of the crimescenes points to him.

I give it a definite ***3/4!

Guest awitts

Great idea Michael but are budgets only about £50. I'm doing it with three other students. We all have a disability and the festivals ran by people with disabilitys. So really I'd like a film about diversity.