Sonic The Hedgehog

ROC

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carnival Zone is damn simple.

There aren't any levels in the old Sonic games that I would down as really difficult, but there always seems to be one that ticks me off and I find it really tedious.

Marble Garden Zone, for example. It just irritates me.

Kou, it's easy until the annoying part when you have to jump a lot just to get down.

I'm not sure what you're talking about...do you mean the rotating red and white blocks that you have to get to move either up or down to get to the next section? In which case, you don't jump on them. You alternate holding up and down when standing on it, and this increases your momentum either way until it goes far down enough for you to jump off.

EDIT: Oops, assumed you were talking about Carnival Night Zone on Sonic 3...as opposed to Carnival Zone on Sonic 2 (GBA Advance). I've never played that one. :P

Edited by stokeriño

Marble Garden Zone, for example. It just irritates me.

I'm not sure what you're talking about...do you mean the rotating red and white blocks that you have to get to move either up or down to get to the next section? In which case, you don't jump on them. You alternate holding up and down when standing on it, and this increases your momentum either way until it goes far down enough for you to jump off.

Yeah, I also have a little problem with Sandopolis Act 2. That's it really, though.

I bought the Sonic Mega Collection for 99p at GAME after trading in 4 old crap games (THPS3, SD: SYM, WMXIX and Pool Master or something). It has 14 games on it.

Sonic

Sonic 2

Sonic 3

Sonic 2 & Knuckles

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Sonic Spinball

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (Sonic Version of Tetris)

Flicky

Sonic 3D: Flicky's Island

And bunch of other I haven't unlocked yet.

It fucking rawks. My favourite is Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Best game ever. Except for Gunstar Heroes, that was by far the greatest Mega Drive/Genesis game ever.

the only other one I remember it has on is a special mini game where you can play loads of levels of that bonus game where you collect the blue balls an turn them into rings

You could play loads of those stages also by inserting either Sonic Classics or Sonic 1 into the S&K cartridge. I played a good bit of those yesterday.

Sonic 3 was my first SEGA genesis game and I loved it..

Carnival Night was a pretty tough stage I remember I never could figure out how to get down and I'd always time after time lose because time would run out.

And then one day me and my sister were just sitting around playing it and pushing buttons (and in order to avoid spoilers I'll just leave at that) and the thing actually went down and we finished the level and finally got to the next stage which was an Ice level (my favorite type of stages back in the day) that was so awesome and an incredible Sonic Moment.

Also being Supersonic was awesome.

Damn.. I think I'll unplug my PS2 tomorrow. thankfully my original system still works after 10 years of service.

I seem to have got the Carnival Night music stuck in my head now because of you lot :(. Very annoying.

Anyway, i preferred Sonic 3 out of all of them, only because i could save my game and i sucked so bad i needed to.

Well, it is just a variation on the classic circus "rin-diddly-din-diddly-din-di-dah-dah" music...

Old computer games music owns, especially Sonic music. Why spend loads composing dramatic soundtracks when you can get something cooler from a MDI file?

*puts on Mystic Cave Zone music*

Ahh...that's the good stuff.

Edit: *switches to Chemical Plant Zone music, because it is clearly superior*

Edited by stokeriño

The best music was Metropolis Zone. :P

Chikocha, chichikocha, chikachickocha, cha chikocha, da da da, da da daaaaa, da da da, da da daaa, dum dum dum dum, etc.

Holy shit, SONIC MIDI HEAVEN~!

http://www.sonicunited.com/music.php

This rawks. :lol:

Metropolis Zone? Pah, if you want that kind of music, go for Launch Base Zone or something...

*nonchalently starts downloading dozens and dozens of midi files*

Metropolis Zone? Pah, if you want that kind of music, go for Launch Base Zone or something...

Toooootally different. And am I the only one who heard people saying ''Go catch up, go catch up, go catch up, gogogogo'' in the Launch Base music? (¬_¬)

Toooootally different. And am I the only one who heard people saying ''Go catch up, go catch up, go catch up, gogogogo'' in the Launch Base music? (¬_¬)

Yes, taken directly from Wildchild's 'Renegade Master'. This only makes it cooler. ;)

EDIT:

'Sega Sonic Radio - Pure Sonic Music - 24/7!'

:blink:

Okay, even I have to admit...that's just kinda wrong.

Edited by stokeriño

Ah, I never had a chance to get my hands on the Sonic series. I had a "friend" (read: we went to his place for Boy Scouts) that owned a Genesis, and he had Sonic, but the bastard never let me play. I got to play for like, 10 minutes one day and he yanked out of my hands and practically forced me to watch him enjoy it :(

I still remember my first console and first video game though, easily. Super Nintendo & The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past. I still haven't beaten that game to this day, simply because a) the SNES got fried during a lightning storm back around '97 and B) ...I have no idea where the LOZ cartridge is.

Sonic is and always will be awesome.

The recent spin-off with a billion different characters + cartoons and shit, they've sucked.

But Sonic 1, 2, 3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D - they all rule.

Sonic 2 will always be my personal favourite game, just because there's so much of my childhood embedded within it.

I was in a second hand store today, I walked towards the back section where the books were, and what did I see out of the corner of my eye? The tie rack, containing a SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TIE. I would've bought it, but it was fucking ugly. Yellow background with loads of tiny sonics tiled over it. It was horrible.