Second City Wrestling

Gabriel

Very good show there. The matches were very well written, and the tournament was well booked.

One small point, could you include captions at the start of matches like:

The Briscoe Brothers vs. Colt Cabana and CM Punk

I did read the whole show, so it doesn't matter so much in that instance, but sometimes I just skim a diary for matches/just genarally skim a diary, and having those would make it easier.

I understand if you don't want to break up the flow of your diary though, it's just a suggestion.

Anyway, like i've said, great first show.

Edited by timmayy

SCW News and Notes

The first ever SCW show is in the books, and we couldn’t be happier with the outcome. The team of CM Punk and Colt Cabana should be great representatives as our Tag Team Champions, and we’re looking forward to giving them some competition for the belts.

There were no serious injuries coming out of the show, but Jay Briscoe’s neck is stiff from the attack by Generation Next. Speaking of which, the first match has been signed for our return on June 26, as the Briscoe Brothers will team up with “Spyder” Nate Webb to take on the trio of Alex Shelley, Roderick Strong and Austin Aries.

Eric Priest will not be back in SCW after he decided to do what he did in the ring on June 12. SCW officials handled the situation immediately after it happened, with booker Traci LeGrande personally handing Priest his bags, and telling him to leave. With that said, SCW would like to apologize for the actions of Eric Priest, and have promised to give Ace Steel a chance to really showcase his talents, as on June 26, Steel will go one on one with a debuting mystery man. LeGrande wouldn’t let it leak as to who the opponent will be, but he did say that the man has held titles everywhere from WWE to ECW and TNA, and that if Steel can put in a strong showing, he could possibly skyrocket himself to the top of SCW in one night.

Both Sal and Vito Thomaselli were upset backstage about the treatment of their younger brother Brandon, by Danny Daniels. Both of Brandon’s older brothers have challenged Daniels to singles matches, with Salvatore getting his on June 26, and Vito waiting until July 10 for his match against Daniels.

Rumor has it that Dave Prazak may be making his way to SCW as early as the show on June 26. One has to wonder what type of role he will play with his cunning and deviousness.

The Notorious 187, Homicide was hysterical after his match, claiming that Chris Hero screwed him out of the win. Homicide has requested a singles match with Hero, and Mr. LeGrande has granted the bout, to be the main event of the June 26 SCW return.

Edited by Gabriel

That was a decent enough show to win. I would have liked to see someone other than CM Punk and Colt Cabana win. They seem to be the ones to win almost everyones titles first. I was hoping for the Briscoes to capture the belts and the Road Warrior Cup, and what better way to do that then hit the Doomsday Device (as it is a regular move of theres). I think it would have been a cool ending to a good tournament.

Speaking of the Briscoes, I didn't like them using the Midnight Express music. The only team on the Indy scene who should be using that are the Backseat Boys, not the Briscoes. They have "Gimme Back My Bullets" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

And of course, Jerry Lynn is the only one who will be facing Ace Steel. A former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, ECW WOrld Heavyweight Champion and a former NWA TNA X Division Champion and NWA World Tag Team Champion. It has to be him.

Great first show. Keep pushing Petey Williams and push the Thomaselli's [Vito specifically]. I'm interested as to who will be facing Ace Steel. And Chris Hero vs. Homicide :thumbs-up:

I have big plans for Petey, but his match with Jacobs didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to, so chances are that I'll have to keep him on the down-low for a show or two, and then let him abck up into a main spot. I want to keep my main event scene fresh, so Petey would be a good guy to keep at the top.

That was a decent enough show to win. I would have liked to see someone other than CM Punk and Colt Cabana win. They seem to be the ones to win almost everyones titles first. I was hoping for the Briscoes to capture the belts and the Road Warrior Cup, and what better way to do that then hit the Doomsday Device (as it is a regular move of theres). I think it would have been a cool ending to a good tournament.

Speaking of the Briscoes, I didn't like them using the Midnight Express music. The only team on the Indy scene who should be using that are the Backseat Boys, not the Briscoes. They have "Gimme Back My Bullets" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

And of course, Jerry Lynn is the only one who will be facing Ace Steel. A former WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, ECW WOrld Heavyweight Champion and a former NWA TNA X Division Champion and NWA World Tag Team Champion. It has to be him.

I had Punk & Cabana win the belts and the Cup, specifically because they're Chicago natives, much like the Road Warriors...and I had them use the Doomday Device because they used it to beat the Briscoes for the belts the first time they won them in ROH.

Thanks for the suggestion on music for the Briscoes.

and... :shifty:

• 1 year later...