Kerrching

fineintent

Ok, so I've been at home the past few days trying to revise for my AS exams next week. So I've done a bit today, decided to have a break and turned on the TV. What the fuck is this show? It must be written chimps, stupid chimps, and why do they insist on sticking that annoying and obviously fake laugh track on?

In short, does anyone remember when children's TV was good? The classics like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Transformers, Ghostbusters, Thundercats and even the average shows like Dogtanion and the Muskeeters (was that the title?)

Oh and BTW what was the cartoon on really early in the UK - could have been on in America aswell - with a lead character called Wren (I think) and he had blonde hair in a pony tail. Something about Black Seas I think.

and even the average shows like Dogtanion and the Muskeeters (was that the title?)

I remember a show called something like 'Albert the Fifth Musketeer', if that's it. I remember it being quite entertaining actually.

Oh and BTW what was the cartoon on really early in the UK - could have been on in America aswell - with a lead character called Wren (I think) and he had blonde hair in a pony tail. Something about Black Seas I think.

Guybrush Threepwood.

¬_¬

But seriously, I think I remember what you mean. No idea for a name though.

Edited by stokeriño

I constantly wonder where good childrens TV has gone. I used to love Ghostbusters, Bucky O' Haire, Samurai Pizza Cats and the like. Now it is all pants, utter pants.

average shows like Dogtanion and the Muskeeters (was that the title?)

Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds. Considerably less funny than Albert the Fifth Musketeer.

The only good children's TV show is My Parents Are Aliens, and they had to go an fuck that up with a laugh track.

Anyone else popping a massive boner in anticipation of this?

Ahhhhh.... The Rhino, Dr Magneto...

My main experiences with Old Skool Spidey has been through The Astonishing Spiderman series, I think the art work is so cool and I'll be sure to check it out.

The theme from Dogtanian remains one of my favourite kids themes of all time.

And the pirate thing was The Pirates of Darkwater. Top quote: Noiji Tat! Or something like that. It was rubbish.

Guest chaddyuk2004

The Best Kids show at the mo is SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS.

My brother loves it, he's also into all these asian carttons bout kids who dual with cards, there is about 4 different cartoons that all look the same.

Nothing like the old days.

Where is carmen Sandiago

Pete and Pete

Alex Mac

Teenage mutant Hero Turtles

Jace and the wheeled warriors

Sharky and george

Button Moon

Thundercats

Bravestar

Edited by chaddyuk2004

Nothing like the old days.

Where is Carmen Sandiago - It was okay but kind of got old fast. Each episode was the same, only replace 'Pyramids' with 'Eiffel Tower' etc.

Pete and Pete

Alex Mac - Don't know either of these.

Teenage mutant Hero Turtles - Goes without saying.

Jace and the wheeled warriors - Don't know it.

Sharky and george - "Sharky...and George, the crimebusters of the sea!" *marks* Early mornings on Channel 4 ruled.

Button Moon - I thought so too, but recently my friends and I found a video of it and we were all "OMG Button Moon that roxorz!". Anyway we put it on and it was the lamest thing ever. After four minutes it was too painful to watch anymore. I hate the way reality ruins my nostalgia.

Thundercats - Thundercats. Own. All.

Bravestar - I remember watching this a few times...I laughed at it's corniness even back then, but I was still entertained.

Others of note:

Bucky O'Haire - Now I know it's working the lame "kid wanders into other universe and befriends animal creatures" theme, but dammit - the duck with the eye patch and the three arms that worked the gunner position was cool.

Thomas The Tank Engine - This is going back to even younger days but then I was a massive fan at the time. Plus all the newer episodes have become atrocious: "Every day Henry passes through the forest, and he likes to look at the trees. One night there's a storm, and a load of the trees are blown down. Henry is sad, until he gets *insert flowery motivational speech here* from his driver, and all is well and good."

...WTF?! Stupid nonsensical crap. Bring back "Henry was a stubborn bastard so they bricked him up inside a tunnel for being a whining git" and other classic storylines.

Oh, and as chaddyuk2004 says:

He-man

Ghostbusters

Oh. Hell. Yeah. The original Ghostbusters cartoons were awesome. And as for He-Man...IIII HAAAVE THE POWEEEEERR!! :lol:

Edited by stokeriño