Harry Potter

TheReaper316

Guest Hit Man 3120

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to movies with the end of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, nerds are back with more Potter stuff

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to movies with the end of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, nerds are back with more Potter stuff

Uh....thanks. Do try and contribute something next time ;)

I'll have to go see this movie, for sure. But last night, I went and saw Shrek because I was like half an hour late to POA. Oh well, I'll see it next week.

You mean they don't mention...erm...how do I remain spoilerfree? Padfoot + Prongs? (I can't remember the other two.)

So they don't explain why Harry's Patronus is like that? That sucks, that's the sweetest and cleverest part of Harry's...thingy. (Trying to keep not spoiling people.)

You mean they don't mention...erm...how do I remain spoilerfree? Padfoot + Prongs? (I can't remember the other two.)

So they don't explain why Harry's Patronus is like that? That sucks, that's the sweetest and cleverest part of Harry's...thingy. (Trying to keep not spoiling people.)

They do mention Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs somewhat, with the Marauder's map. The actual people don't really mention anything, though.

I liked this movie a lot. I think it was much better than the other two. I want the fourth to come out soon since I liked that book the best.

If you don't like it or care about it, don't even bother commenting.

I'd give it a 6.5

The effects were cool, but other than that, they really cut out ALOT from the book. I'm too lazy to go into any detail, but they really skimped on the parts that they should have focused on.

Plus, the pacing was all over the place. The climax practically sprang out of nowhere.

How did the new actor (oh whats his name) for dumbledore do, was he worse or better then the last one.

Michael Gambon was a worthy substitute, although you don't really get enough of him in the film to really judge.

All in all, I really enjoyed this film after not liking the first one and mildly enjoying the second. This a movie that will both satisfy the hardcore fans and endear the series to a wider (amazingly enough) audience.

Edited by GoodGodWhatABeatnik

Guest bruins72

How did the new actor (oh whats his name) for dumbledore do, was he worse or better then the last one.

I just went and saw it last night. I really didn't care for the new Dumbledore. I could care less if he looks different or not. I just didn't care for his take on the character. I haven't read the books, so I have no idea which is closer to the real character. It just didn't feel like it was the same character. The old Dumbledore seemed old as dirt. He was peaceful, gentle, and kind but very strong and wise at the same time. This one came off much lighter and younger. He didn't ruin the movie for me by any means (I really enjoyed it) but it just felt off.