Hate to say I told you soooooooooooo.

thatshortguy

I liked Creed but wasnt a "fan"

But itd piss me off anytime someone used his religion as a reason to bash Scott Stapp

Oh, perhaps I should explain. It's not the fact that they were "Christian rock". There are plenty of bands pigeonholed into that category that I thoroughly enjoy (Jars of Clay, Switchfoot, etc.), but when you put on such a bad show that people sue you, and never once say you're sorry....well, that's a bit much for me.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have Amy Lee in your sig, yet you call Creed shit.. wow.

Who cares? Fighting about who is better Evanscene or Creed is pointless. Both bands are bland radio bands who don't deserve fame, but a kick in the teeth. Real and true fans of rock and roll can rejoice since this piece of shit is over and done with.

Guest TheKarnivalShow

I liked Creed when they released Human Clay but Weathered was released and My Sacrifice was played so many times that I began to hate the band and their breakup is fine by me, bastards.

You have Amy Lee in your sig, yet you call Creed shit.. wow.

I have Amy Lee in my sig cause she is hot not cause she is in a good band. Evanescence is much better than Creed but that's not really saying much now is it?

Who was that directed at? I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'd still like to clarify; I liked their music; I just hated their image. There first two albums were great (esp. the first disc). There third was still good, but they'd become too mainstream.

Kinda like what's happening to Nickelback.

Guest Hit Man 3120

For anyone who wants to hear some top-notch Stapp-bashing, check out Dave Grohl's version of Arms Wide Open.

I think Dave Grohl hates just about everyone

I think Dave Grohl hates just about everyone

That's acceptable, because Dave Grohl's the fucking man.

I have Amy Lee in my sig cause she is hot not cause she is in a good band.

Which, in this blasphemious thing we call reality, is not true. Lee ain't hot. Sandra Nasic, on the other hand, is rated "EH" for EXTREMELY HOT. Bow down before the Batshit Primates (AKA Guano Apes)

Who cares? Fighting about who is better Evanscene or Creed is pointless. Both bands are bland radio bands who don't deserve fame, but a kick in the teeth. Real and true fans of rock and roll can rejoice since this piece of shit is over and done with.

Different strokes for different folks. While "true fans of rock and roll" may not like Evanescence's music (which is far from bland, I'll get to that in a moment), there are still a shitload of people who do, me included.

This also begs the question: what songs by Evanescence have you heard? Have you merely heard the radio songs (Bring Me To Life, Going Under, My Immortal and Everybody's Fool)? Have you heard all of Fallen? Or have you heard every single song that they have ever recorded? I fall into the final category, and I believe that while their Fallen stuff is good IMO, their songs pre-Fallen (yes, that's right, Evanescence existed LONG before Fallen was released) is even better.